Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:37:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus brief interview
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus brief interview  (Read 22207 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 04:19:19 PM »

You post something I don't agree with -> I comment.
You post something I agree with that I like to add to -> I comment.

Simple. Doesn't need to be aimed at me.

If you post something that's untrue, I'll point it out.
If you post something that I can't relate to, I'll say so.
If you're full of shit, I'll point it out.
If you're an idiot, bye!

Easy to understand.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »

It's an impression I get from some people.
It's my opinion! Your opinion is that mostly everything sucks and that La Paz is at high altitude but it's like a hot day in Miami.  Tongue

I believe that people who feel they are "owed" things from an artist seem to believe that whatever they are owed will fill some kind of void in their lives. That's my opinion. People who "need" new music, "need" to meet their idol and so on. Why does somebody need something? If you need water, you're thirsty. Drinking water will make your thirst go away. In the same way, wouldn't these other kinds of so called needs make something else go away? To fill a void?

Maybe some people are bad at using words and they use the wrong ones. I don't know. Maybe what they mean is "want" and not "need".

Jarmo, can I ask you an honest question?  Why do you make it your staunch business to care so much about what's important to other fans?  Why does it matter so much to you? Keep in mind, no one was even "complaining" in this thread, just voicing their opinions about the next album and what it could be.

At the end of the day, I just don't understand how if a new album or changing up the setlist (something I personally could give a shit about) is a priority for other fans, how it is ruining your experience as a fan and owner of this website.

I really don't give a fuck what's important to you or certain others. Sorry.

I comment on things I see/read. It's a message board. Why is it a problem that I post my point of view? This always comes up as soon as I try to get some answers. "Why do you....?". It's like you guys should be allowed to say anything that comes to your minds, but if I dare to question what you're saying or ask for some kind of clarifications, you starts questioning me!

/jarmo

Maybe it's because your "opinions" often come at the expense of other posters, mostly because it comes off like you're attacking them or disagreeing in an overtly unfriendly & condescending way?  As far as why people ask you all their "Why do you..." questions, well, I really don't see anyone else attacking people the way you do. Maybe that is confusing to posters and demands explanation from time to time.  I mean, I get that you're close to the camp, and in return have made it your business to stomp on anything you perceive as a critique of the band, but really, you aren't in the band.  You don't have to internalize everything as an attack that must be responded to and quashed. People have differing opinions & priorities, who cares?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2014, 04:24:53 PM »

I'm Finnish. I go straight to the point without sugarcoating everything.
Maybe that comes off as attacking. Not sure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »

I'm Finnish. I go straight to the point without sugarcoating everything.
Maybe that comes off as attacking. Not sure.

/jarmo

Haha, I hear you. I'm Italian-American.  I certainly don't avoid confrontation.  Recipe for disaster?  hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »

Maybe it's because your "opinions" often come at the expense of other posters, mostly because it comes off like you're attacking them or disagreeing in an overtly unfriendly & condescending way?  As far as why people ask you all their "Why do you..." questions, well, I really don't see anyone else attacking people the way you do. Maybe that is confusing to posters and demands explanation from time to time.  I mean, I get that you're close to the camp, and in return have made it your business to stomp on anything you perceive as a critique of the band, but really, you aren't in the band.  You don't have to internalize everything as an attack that must be responded to and quashed. People have differing opinions & priorities, who cares?

Yep.

And let's talk elephant in the room.  Look at the sheer percentage of his posts that are directed at the same handful of people.  Not to be egotistical here, but I know when I see Jarmo has a new post in the thread, there's a damn good chance he's quoting my stuff and letting me have it.  Or jumping into a conversation I was a part of to tell us to shut the fuck up.

Take an honest look at how much time is spent on pushback against the same crowd of folks.  And ask yourself why a conversation can be going for 2 pages between several people where no one feels anything has been said that is out of line...and then in comes Jarmo to point out the horrible offenses.  Well, that's news to the other 5 of us that had been talking for an hour without any beef.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »

Yep.

And let's talk elephant in the room.  Look at the sheer percentage of his posts that are directed at the same handful of people.  Not to be egotistical here, but I know when I see Jarmo has a new post in the thread, there's a damn good chance he's quoting my stuff and letting me have it.  Or jumping into a conversation I was a part of to tell us to shut the fuck up.

Take an honest look at how much time is spent on pushback against the same crowd of folks.  And ask yourself why a conversation can be going for 2 pages between several people where no one feels anything has been said that is out of line...and then in comes Jarmo to point out the horrible offenses.  Well, that's news to the other 5 of us that had been talking for an hour without any beef.

Hell, me and you even disagree with each other, but it just ends up being part of the conversation.  For example, I've known D-X a long time from way back before MyGNR went down the crapper.  From his posts I can tell he'd much rather see the current lineup record and release an album, whereas I would much rather have the rest of the Chinese era stuff released first.  This ends up being relayed in our posts whenever the new album comes up.  Different opinions, but one thing in common, we're supporting Guns N' Roses and want to see a new release of some kind.  ::Cue a song about co-existing here::
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2014, 04:40:09 PM »

Maybe if I didn't have to ASK you to say something nice, things might be different... I guess it's my fault that you have to be ASKED.

Maybe if I thought you were honest and real about what you post... Instead of acting.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:42:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »

Maybe if I didn't have to ASK you to say something nice, things might be different... I guess it's my fault that you have to be ASKED.

Maybe if I thought you were honest and real about what you post... Instead of acting.

/jarmo

Again man, I think if you just acted friendlier to people with differing opinions instead of being so combative, they wouldn't have to "act" or say one thing here, and something different at another forums.  I'm assuming that's what you mean by acting. I think we want to be real with you here, but it's not always made easy.

I'm just saying, if you want a new album, you support this band.  If you want them to add Illusion songs or throw in a new song or two, you support this band.  Hell, just look at the youtube comments of clowns who scoff at any articles or videos of Guns. We're a loyal breed.  The fact that we're having a coherent conversation on this forum is testament to that.  It's clear that staunch followers of this lineup are in it for the long haul and have a lot of love for Axl.  Why tear at each other?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 04:56:38 PM »

/jarmo

Again man, I think if you just acted friendlier to people with differing opinions instead of being so combative, they wouldn't have to "act" or say one thing here, and something different at another forums.  I'm assuming that's what you mean by acting. I think we want to be real with you here, but it's not always made easy.

I'm just saying, if you want a new album, you support this band.  If you want them to add Illusion songs or throw in a new song or two, you support this band.  Hell, just look at the youtube comments of clowns who scoff at any articles or videos of Guns. We're a loyal breed.  The fact that we're having a coherent conversation on this forum is testament to that.  It's clear that staunch followers of this lineup are in it for the long haul and have a lot of love for Axl.  Why tear at each other?

Agreed.

Is that what he means by "acting"?  Truthfully, I didn't know what he was going for there. 

But, if that was the case, I guess one man's "acting" is another man's "trying to be respectful of a forum's rules."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 05:07:47 PM »

By acting I mean posting things to get a reaction.

If you're honestly interested in a discussion, you don't avoid questions and try to make jokes to ridicule what others post.... If you're truly interested in it, you respond. If you're only wasting time at work, you can just post things and ignore what you want because it means nothing.

And if you're so interested in honest discussion, you don't make claims like "I'll be the first to admit I was wrong" but never live up to that statement...

It just gives the impression that you're one of those attention seekers that we do not welcome around here.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:09:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »

By acting I mean posting things to get a reaction.

If you're honestly interested in a discussion, you don't avoid questions and try to make jokes to ridicule what others post.... If you're truly interested in it, you respond. If you're only wasting time at work, you can just post things and ignore what you want because it means nothing.

/jarmo

Oh, well in that case, I could care less about reactions.  Speaking for myself, I say what I say because that's what's on my mind at that given moment, and sure, after I saw Guns live for the 3rd time post Chi-Dem at the UCAP tour, and for the 5th time total since 2002, my thoughts have shifted to the next album.  Sorry if I seem one-track in that regard, but that's just where I'm at as a GNR fan.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2014, 05:21:07 PM »

So if they came to your area, you'd skip the show?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 05:24:40 PM »

I'd go if they came around again.  How many more chances might I have?

Honestly though, the biggest problem would be finding someone to go with.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »

So if they came to your area, you'd skip the show?

/jarmo

Hell no, I'd be all over it.  Haven't missed a Chicago stop since 2002.  Even made a trip up to Toronto to see them in 2010 when a states tour was still unclear.  But at this point if I had to pick between the two, I'd obviously pick a new album.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »

You have a band member say that fans could see new music from the band in the next year.

People want to talk about it.  No surprise.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »

No shit.

Just like people saying "It's nothing new".

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »

It is nothing new.  But here's to hoping this time it's different.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 08:46:47 PM »

No shit.

No shit.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »

You're never going to top Prostitute, so why try?

I would love new music, but I just can't shake the last song from the last album out of my head. It's jus too damn good.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2014, 08:44:12 AM »

The  instrumental end of prostitute is off the charts beautiful.

I def wish for a new album.

Or at least what he has done on this tour which his awesome is open with YCBM and open with Its so easy.
That makes it fresh.  I made a joke and almost got thrown off for saying they are predictable, which was a "troll" post, but I said it cause I kind of feel that they need to keep changing it up.
But for axl, he did a bit.
I feel in spite of me wanting new music and to hear "yesterday's" and "coma" or something diff, axl at least changed a little.

Now I want more.
Jarmo, at every show, u basically know the songs that will be played.

Here is a question for u.
Axl comes and asks you, what songs that we have not played live in this era would u want to hear?
Would u say, "keep the same setlist axl?"

Or do u secretly want to hear something diff?

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: