Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last show of the South American tour, Fortaleza April 17th, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last show of the South American tour, Fortaleza April 17th, 2014 updates  (Read 17556 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 01:06:20 AM »

The seeker, jam/paradise city

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 02:17:27 AM »

Recife, April 15, 2014 - Crowd asks in chorus: So Fine! So Fine!

I wonder why this wasn't played, the fans wanted it.  And they're not haters?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 08:09:30 AM »

I dont understand it either. Why not take that chance if you have the opportunity?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 10:13:02 AM »

Thanks Jarmo for all the updates and pics throughout the tour.  beer

Safe travels.  Smiley

Fernando
Here we go, LAX. What a great run. Estamos voltando para LAX!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:00:48 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »

I dont understand it either. Why not take that chance if you have the opportunity?

I obviously have no idea how/why the songs are picked to play at each show but I can sorta understand them not playing a particular song because the crowd is chanting.  I'd think that during any given show, whether Duff is there or not, the crowd is chanting several song names that they'd love to hear so I think the band basically goes with whatever they feel is gonna "work" that particular night from the songs they've rehearsed.  Plus, I think that no matter what was done, us fans would naturally still want something else more.

It was still really cool that Duff did what he did.  Cool

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »

Sounds like a fun show!  Cheesy
Looks like the band is having fun too! (short video)

Guns N' Roses
A bit of catcher....
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152335194253069&set=vb.10901008068&type=2&theater

Great Post!  That picture with Duff on the plane is amazing!  I can't imagine how great he and Axl must have felt playing together!  Definitely a dream for so many fans and I assume for them.  I always catch myself wanting more, but in the end, I am so thankful for these tours from 2006-2014!  Again, a dream!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2014, 09:23:36 PM »

http://i59.tinypic.com/1265l6f.jpg

They shared the set list with 'So Fine' on it via social media prior to the tour.
It's not unreasonable to think they might play it during one of the 5 shows they played together.  crying
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:25:21 PM by GNR2014 » Logged
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2014, 10:11:16 PM »

"Nice Boys", "Attitude", "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory", "Raw Power", "Live and Let Die", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "November Rain" and "Patience" all in one video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THaAqFuaT9I

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2014, 10:41:49 PM »

I obviously have no idea how/why the songs are picked to play at each show but I can sorta understand them not playing a particular song because the crowd is chanting.  I'd think that during any given show, whether Duff is there or not, the crowd is chanting several song names that they'd love to hear so I think the band basically goes with whatever they feel is gonna "work" that particular night from the songs they've rehearsed. 

I'm not suggesting that because the crowd is simply chanting a song name they play the song that night.  I posted that quote because it was fans, who were at the show, who were making the request.

Duff posted a setlist with the song listed.  A lot of fans at the shows were requesting it, people online were asking for it.  I really thought they would perform it on the last night.  I was surprised they didn't.  I wondered why -- I would have liked to have heard it.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2014, 03:18:19 AM »

I'm not suggesting that because the crowd is simply chanting a song name they play the song that night.  I posted that quote because it was fans, who were at the show, who were making the request.

Duff posted a setlist with the song listed.  A lot of fans at the shows were requesting it, people online were asking for it.  I really thought they would perform it on the last night.  I was surprised they didn't.  I wondered why -- I would have liked to have heard it.

Before practically every show they've ever played, a set list gets posted online by somebody with about five songs that don't get played during the shows even though the fans at the shows are chanting for one or more of them to be played.  Some songs on those posted set lists that fans reported hearing the band playing during rehearsal don't get played during shows.

All Tom Jones and I are saying is..... it's not unusual.

Chris
Forteleza Brasil, last show of the Tour - enter sad face

Forteleza Brazil - Sad that its last show of South American Tour 2014, the greatest fans, crews, production
we've done yet:) lets do it again!
--Love , chris
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:22:33 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2014, 04:14:08 AM »

Yeah, guns are not a jukebox, they give you the best they can, and thats it.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2014, 05:14:38 AM »

"Nice Boys", "Attitude", "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory", "Raw Power", "Live and Let Die", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "November Rain" and "Patience" all in one video.

Exellent vid!

But where was bumblefoot during Nice boys, Attitude, Memory, Raw power and Live and let die?  Huh

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2014, 05:29:51 AM »

Yeah, guns are not a jukebox, they give you the best they can, and thats it.

and that best is pretty damn awesome!  It would be highly unusual for any band especially a big one like GnR to toss out a song cause fans are chanting for it- like some have said, Duff held up a hand written set list with So Fine on it & and maybe that created some expectations but it's not unusual for all songs on the list to not be played-I've gotten plenty of set lists off the stage that had songs that weren't played. Besides, they did play all of the other songs he held up I believe- "So Fine" is kinda a lame song IMO anyway. It's also not unusual at all for most bands to play the exact same set list every nite the whole tour so I find it bizarre that some fans are disappointed when they don't constantly change it up especially when it already kicks ass!

Thanks to everyone especially Jarmo for all the updates,pictures & sharing experiences with these SA shows for us to follow at home. My mouth is watering in anticipation of seeing them in a small venue in Atlantic City in a few weeks-The band looks to be on fire & AXL sounds great! -Will be My first in 3 years, can't wait! drool
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:32:29 AM by NCrazy » Logged

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2014, 06:02:04 AM »

Gotta say I wish Duff was staying! Great seeing him up there owning the stage.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2014, 07:27:21 AM »

Gotta say I wish Duff was staying! Great seeing him up there owning the stage.

Agreed.  Duff returning was the highlight (and created the most buzz) of the SA tour. 

So what do people think of the 2-3 new songs?  Do solos, Attitude and Raw Power count? 
Princess Leia
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:55 AM »

Exellent vid!

But where was bumblefoot during Nice boys, Attitude, Memory, Raw power and Live and let die?  Huh

Rumor has it Ron wasn?t feeling well. He also missed the final bow at the end of the show. The rumor started at some website called Perfect Crime. I?m wating for him to say something on twitter
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2014, 09:09:31 AM »

Exellent vid!

Rumor has it Ron wasn?t feeling well. He also missed the final bow at the end of the show. The rumor started at some website called Perfect Crime. I?m wating for him to say something on twitter

I wonder how these songs can be played without one guitar not playing? And than the question is, is there really a need for that many axes in the band? I mean five songs played without Ron... Not that I haver anything against the guy, just wondering...GNR nowadays looks like a crowded army on stage.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »

Before practically every show they've ever played, a set list gets posted online by somebody with about five songs that don't get played during the shows even though the fans at the shows are chanting for one or more of them to be played.  Some songs on those posted set lists that fans reported hearing the band playing during rehearsal don't get played during shows.

All Tom Jones and I are saying is..... it's not unusual.

I know all that Gypsy.  This was different, Duff posted it.  It was a rare opportunity for it to be played.

Again -- I'm not suggesting that because the crowd is simply chanting a song name they play the song that night.  I posted that quote because it was fans, who were at the show, who were making the request.  A lot of fans at the shows were requesting it, people online were asking for it.  I really thought they would perform it on the last night.  I was surprised they didn't.  I just wondered why -- I would have liked to have heard it. 

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 10:46:23 AM »

They obviously "tried it out" in rehersal....maybe it was working? maybe it didn't fit in the set?

I miss Madagascar and mentioned that once and the response I got was "it just didn't fit.....its like coming out with a funeral procession march".
I think they try to balance the energy.

Although....they do capitalize on 14 Years when Izzy is around....

I can hardly wait till Vegas....40 days and counting for me
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:49:51 AM by Ja5oN » Logged

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2014, 12:42:42 PM »

So fine or no fine,been fun to follow this SA tour. Remember, not that many chinese songs were on that setlist Duff posted. I was positive surprised/relieved that he learnt all those.

Thanks to everyone who's updated and filming. Seemed like Duff enjoyed this. Hope Bumblefoot is back for full on the next leg! He sure is important!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: