Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates  (Read 32973 times)
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2014, 05:36:38 PM »

I think Axl is too old to give us the rasp he once had.  I am impressed that he can sing all of the same songs in key.  Most artists at his age need to either retire, or they cannot hit the high notes.  He hits every note still.  He just is not as strong a singer as he was at 28.  The youtube vids do not do him justice either.  Civil War from the other night sounds pretty awesome.  Also, when you think of the setlist, the first 4 songs he sings close to perfection!  It is a great first 4 to start the show off.  So much energy.  that setlist from Brasilia was an awesome order of song selection.  Not sure what else Axl can give at this point.  I happen to love his voice today.  He still puts on a dream show.  I truly never thought I would see Axl still rocking out in his 50's!   

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »

I think Axl is too old to give us the rasp he once had.  I am impressed that he can sing all of the same songs in key.  Most artists at his age need to either retire, or they cannot hit the high notes.  He hits every note still.  He just is not as strong a singer as he was at 28.

He's not. 

I think its just that his "hook", which was that rasp in his voice, was so distinct that it sounds so different now.

Also, when you think of the setlist, the first 4 songs he sings close to perfection!  It is a great first 4 to start the show off.  So much energy. 

CD, ISE, MB all seem like easier vocal tracks and make sense played early.

The outlier is WTTJ.  That's a tough second song.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2014, 06:40:53 PM »

The vocals?  Eh.  No worse, but no better either.  This might be what we are looking at going forward.

For us who were there and seen all shows on this tour, it was clearly the best. Anybody claiming otherwise has a weird reference point.

/jarmo

Who is 'us'? And why does it make you (us) better judge than the people judging the show from You Tube?
Hell, what even is it you're doing while being with the band other than posting the setlist and taking pictures for this forum? What is your job on this tour? Or any tour... Are you allowed to tell?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2014, 06:49:33 PM »

The vocals?  Eh.  No worse, but no better either.  This might be what we are looking at going forward.

For us who were there and seen all shows on this tour, it was clearly the best. Anybody claiming otherwise has a weird reference point.

/jarmo

Who is 'us'? And why does it make you (us) better judge than the people judging the show from You Tube?
Hell, what even is it you're doing while being with the band other than posting the setlist and taking pictures for this forum? What is your job on this tour? Or any tour... Are you allowed to tell?
It's pretty clear that by "us", he means those at the show.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2014, 07:02:29 PM »

He does, but he vastly overstates the importance of a ticket stub to be able to comment.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »

He does, but he vastly overstates the importance of a ticket stub to be able to comment.
To be able to comment? Sure.

Anyone can comment.  The question is how informed is their position and are their comments?

I think that's the point being made.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »

Vastly overstates??  confused 
You seriously can't believe that the comments by someone watching a youtube video can in any way compare to the comments/opinions of those who actually attended the shows??  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »

Anyone can comment.  The question is how informed is their position and are their comments?

No, the point being made is that he's trying to shut down a conversation he doesn't want to have.

So long as the bar is established that if you weren't there, then you can shut the fuck up, he can remain unchallenged on anything he says.

As he sees it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2014, 07:24:11 PM »

You seriously can't believe that the comments by someone watching a youtube video can in any way compare to the comments/opinions of those who actually attended the shows??  hihi

I'm not really trying to compare the two.  I'm trying to establish that you don't need a ticket stub to weigh in. 

And that your goto retort to anyone telling you something you don't want to hear is not to try and big time them.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »

No, the point being made is that he's trying to shut down a conversation he doesn't want to have.

So long as the bar is established that if you weren't there, then you can shut the fuck up, he can remain unchallenged on anything he says.

As he sees it.

Well, if he was wanted to shut down the conversation, I think he could literally shut down the conversation or thread, as it were.  He hasn't done that, though.

Regardless, I think there are degrees.  A soundboard recording would be much clearer and higher quality from an audio perspective, and a much more informed position from which to state an opinion on the performance.  But, a lot of these videos in the threads on recent shows are audience recordings, which are always variable in quality.  So, there is value in actually being there, especially when talking about a show in is totality.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »

Regardless, I think there are degrees.  A soundboard recording would be much clearer and higher quality from an audio perspective, and a much more informed position from which to state an opinion on the performance.  But, a lot of these videos in the threads on recent shows are audience recordings, which are always variable in quality.  So, there is value in actually being there, especially when talking about a show in is totality.

And I can roll with all that.  All very reasonable.

But...since the reality is that we are fans spread out all over the world, the lion's share of the time, we are going off videos that people post.

And I've never seen anyone that linked a video and labeled it out of this world be told they can't go by that.  Have you?

Ali
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »

And I can roll with all that.  All very reasonable.

But...since the reality is that we are fans spread out all over the world, the lion's share of the time, we are going off videos that people post.

And I've never seen anyone that linked a video and labeled it out of this world be told they can't go by that.  Have you?

No, not if it's good quality.  But, honestly, some of these audience recordings are pinched and it's hard to even hear over the crowd screaming some times.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »

Previous tours seemed to do better.  I do agree the ones from this tour aren't as good, quality wise, because the crowd is so loud.

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2014, 08:41:45 PM »

I would listen to a "ticket stub holder" before an internet recording review EVERY time!  Hell you can watch recordings of the exact same song at the exact same show from different people and get vastly different sound.  Gotta be there.  That's what the sound system is set up for.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

Ok fine.  But there are people who were at the show, and have commented on here that Axl sounded "ok", the show started late, and fans were booing.  That's not really a ringing endorsement.  Where's the response to those comments?  Are they just disregarded because they also had a good time?
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »

Late...really, are we going there?

Whenever the band before GNR gets off, DO NOT expect GNR to jump on stage.
We all know it's gonna be an hour.  Go get a drink, washroom, smoke, whatever....

If you want punctuality and a 7pm start try Chicago.
They even do a 20 minute intermission half way through their set.
Don't ask why or how I know this....lol

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2014, 09:27:30 PM »

My hats are off to Brazil fans of GNR!    That atmosphere kills youtube.  LOL

The energy must be insane!  

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »

Late...really, are we going there?

Whenever the band before GNR gets off, DO NOT expect GNR to jump on stage.
We all know it's gonna be an hour.  Go get a drink, washroom, smoke, whatever....

If you want punctuality and a 7pm start try Chicago.
They even do a 20 minute intermission half way through their set.
Don't ask why or how I know this....lol

I think it was closer to two hours, but that's not my point (I've been to several Guns shows, they've always been late, but whatever, more beer for me).  My point has more to do with the fact that we're constantly reminded that our critiques are worthless because we weren't at the show, but yet critiques from people that were at the show get ignored and disregarded.

Also, I'll assume a friend told you about the Chicago intermission (wink).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2014, 09:46:56 PM »

Didn't you understand? I said those of us who saw all shows on this tour. And not on Youtube!

Why would they be better than you to judge? Because they've seen every show on the tour? And not on Youtube!
I'm sorry if I value their opinion more than yours.

By the way, some of these people don't need tickets....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lipeguns
Rocker

This guy wanna pinch my ass! Ha! Ha! Ha!

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »

What appears to be the full interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSJkFKnc9SM
Thanks to Cleide Lima

Better recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V6Of3pk8pks
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: