Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'  (Read 38903 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 04:32:30 PM »

Who's to say the "passport" info is accurate...Perhpas Tommy's tech will fill in as did brains..:-)
Rickles
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »

Not to add fuel to a possibly unsubstantiated fire, but Duff's wife posted a couple of pics on Instagram about an hour ago; one of the Appetite album cover, asking people what their favorite Appetite song is, and an old one of Axl and Duff. Make of it what you will...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »

Not to add fuel to a possibly unsubstantiated fire, but Duff's wife posted a couple of pics on Instagram about an hour ago; one of the Appetite album cover, asking people what their favorite Appetite song is, and an old one of Axl and Duff. Make of it what you will...
I know you're just the messenger, but that is adding some fuel to the fire  hihi

In all seriousness, it's funny she picked now of all times to post those pictures....unless, of course, it was with a specific purpose because this rumor is true.

Ali
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 07:56:14 PM »

a smaller band doing a smaller show

Replacements have a bigger fan base than GNR by a landslide. And Coachella is sold out, so it's not really a smaller show either.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »

Replacements have a bigger fan base than GNR by a landslide. And Coachella is sold out, so it's not really a smaller show either.

Just check out the Facebook followers and album sales..no disrespect to Tommy/the Replacements but I doubt the fan base is anywhere near GNR's..
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »

I hope Jarmo confirms this is not true. 
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2014, 02:03:58 AM »

In what universe do they have a bigger fan base? There's like a 100 bands playing Coachgaga. I still see Guns N' Roses pop up on Billboard. I don't think I've ever seen the Replacements on the billboard charts. So explain how the fan base is bigger? I'm going to strap in and be amazed I'm sure. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:11:42 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2014, 03:32:42 AM »

Replacements has some kind cult around, in they best time maybe wasn't so popular like GNR. But know GNR is playing in Las Vegas like some old and lazy popstar, and Mats going through biggest festivals in USA as headliner.

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2014, 03:46:04 AM »

The most stuppied thing on this board...How can you compare one of the biggest bends of all time and Replacements
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2014, 01:16:45 PM »

I guess you guys didn't see the Kat Benzova tweet to Sue Holmes Mckagan, 'see you in a few'
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »

I guess you guys didn't see the Kat Benzova tweet to Sue Holmes Mckagan, 'see you in a few'
You mean this?

Ali
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:36:03 PM by Ali » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »

Replacements has some kind cult around, in they best time maybe wasn't so popular like GNR. But know GNR is playing in Las Vegas like some old and lazy popstar, and Mats going through biggest festivals in USA as headliner.

Some of the biggest names in the music world have had stays in Vegas. I wouldn't consider coachella or any festival an achievement either. Also, you need to look up the definition of the word cult, it really doesn't apply to rock bands.

el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

Some of the biggest names in the music world have had stays in Vegas.
Who? Celine Dion? Cher? or maybe Motley Crue?

Go through internet and look how people reacted when Mats announce their first gigs. Look how much buzz they create. And than look how many people give a fuck about GNR with Ashba ? in Vegas doing same show different year.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »

Go through internet and look how people reacted when Mats announce their first gigs. Look how much buzz they create. And than look how many people give a fuck about GNR with Ashba ? in Vegas doing same show different year.

Oh fuckin' please.  I love the 'Mats too BUT the reason they're creating so much buzz is because of the rarity of them performing. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 12:32:07 AM »

You really don't know Vegas's history do you?  Internet buzz, give me a break.

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 02:37:36 AM »

I LOVE that GNR is playing Vegas.  I find the quality of both venue and show, plus the ability to bump into band members around the place the best.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 08:05:56 AM »

In what universe do they have a bigger fan base?

An alternate one.  That's crazy talk.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 08:50:54 AM »

I think what the poster meant is that Replacement probably have more cache at the moment....

which they very well might... they appeal to that punk rock hipster scene... and plus this is basically a reunion for them

on no planet are they bigger or more popular than the GNR banner

as to the topic...it really looks like Duff is gunna be in Brazil....cant wait to see it !!!!

even Ron didnt shoot it down when he was asked about it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »

I think Vegas is a great way for bands to earn money w/o the hassle and expenses of touring..Bands have done it years ago,KISS, and more have done it since..Just because pop stars like Celine Dion and Brittany Spears have done residencies does not make it wrong for rock bands to do it as well..
Princess Leia
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 10:47:55 AM »

Apparently Vorterix radio in Buenos Aires Argentina confirned. That was posted at mygnr.com But then Duff would join the band there. I don?t know about Brazil
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: