Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers Air-Guitar on the Super Bowl? Axl Rose Weighs In
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers Air-Guitar on the Super Bowl? Axl Rose Weighs In  (Read 18594 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »

Well, HuffPo is reporting this as "Axl Rose slams halftime show".

A lot of news outlets and press are reporting this as in "Axl slams RHCP halftime show". Which was completely expected, especially in the context in which Axl posted.

We know how Axl is, and he's a funny guy with a brilliant sense of humour. Even though we know Axl was being sarcastic regarding peoples "outrage", I can see how someone could view it as Axl slamming the band himself, that's how the media are... fast to react without thought.  Roll Eyes
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 12:36:07 PM »

Well, HuffPo is reporting this as "Axl Rose slams halftime show".

A lot of news outlets and press are reporting this as in "Axl slams RHCP halftime show". Which was completely expected, especially in the context in which Axl posted.

We know how Axl is, and he's a funny guy with a brilliant sense of humour. Even though we know Axl was being sarcastic regarding peoples "outrage", I can see how someone could view it as Axl slamming the band himself, that's how the media are... fast to react without thought.  Roll Eyes
Agreed on the media.  Reacting without thought leads to misinterpretation in some instances, with this being one of them IMO.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 12:55:05 PM »

Come on...

do i think his intent was to be overly critical? no...im sure he was just having a laugh with it all

but stop making it the ignorant medias fault on how Axl is perceived...

his letter or whatever it was... certainly wasn't complimentary of the Chili Peppers, no matter how you spin it as satire/ him joking/ etc

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »

Come on...

do i think his intent was to be overly critical? no...im sure he was just having a laugh with it all

his letter or whatever it was... certainly wasn't complimentary of the Chili Peppers, no matter how you spin it as satire/ him joking/ etc

Exactly right.

Its tough to play the "I was obviously joking" card when you only speak out every blue moon on random topics.  And Axl's rep is hardly a merry prankster and all in fun ballbuster.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2014, 02:15:25 PM »

Come on...

Exactly right.

Its tough to play the "I was obviously joking" card when you only speak out every blue moon on random topics.  And Axl's rep is hardly a merry prankster and all in fun ballbuster.

I have no problem.. any time he wants to voice his opinion on anything.. will be a welcome sight ... ! (and then we can all enjoy dissecting what he says)

but lets just stop blaming the evil media for everything when it comes to him... hes a grown ass man he made his bed a long time ago

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2014, 02:26:19 PM »

but lets just stop blaming the evil media for everything when it comes to him... hes a grown ass man he made his bed a long time ago

I don't see any other logical conclusion.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:41:06 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2014, 02:50:24 PM »

So in your opinion, the media is always correct and truthful when reporting things about GN'R and/or Axl, and those of us who disagree are wrong?

Also, in your opinion, it's ok to publish sensationalistic garbage about a person if that person refuses to play ball and grant you interviews?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »

So in your opinion, the media is always correct and truthful when reporting things about GN'R and/or Axl, and those of us who disagree are wrong?

/jarmo

no no no no dont put words in my mouth... i never said that the media always gets it right

but in this instance .... Axl wrote the letter... it certainly wasn't a compliment to RHCP in any way...

just my point is... the media doesnt make up blatant lies about the guy... he has given them all the ammo they need over the years... we all know what the sore subjects... no need to list them ....

are stories embellished? sure , is everything you read fact? no... but when theres smoke there is fire ... and this letter was an easy lay up for them....

and if there is a vandetta against Axl... why is that? i dont get it....

you can be a fan without being an apologist for the guy , can't you?

again... i dont know the guy personally, you do. it's a much different perspective

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »

i know somebody else said this already.... but i would LOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to talk about something else

like..... a new song : )

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2014, 03:09:16 PM »

Also, in your opinion, it's ok to publish sensationalistic garbage about a person if that person refuses to play ball and grant you interviews?

I'm not him, but these are great questions.

#1.  In truth, I don't think "the media" gives much of a fuck about Axl Rose in 2014.  Yet a good number of Axl's fans still claim they have some sort of vendetta.  Most of what you get is an aside or a random comment.  Which yes, plays to the stereotype of Axl Rose.  But to be fair, an image he spent YEARS laying the groundwork for.  Its not like its all made up.

#2.  If you have a problem with it, or feel it needs to be corrected, you correct it.  Other option is to not care what people say.  What you DON'T do, is never take the time to correct anything...then bitch about the unfair coverage afterwards.  Its not mix and match.  If you don't care, then go the full monty.  Don't care at all.  But if you do care, yet are just too lazy and/or unmotivated to correct the record, no one will cry you a river when you complain about it.  You do have a tongue and a phone that dials out.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:11:02 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2014, 03:14:39 PM »

so all these people who write bad things about Axl using the GNR name still and all the delays, the physical abuse claims or not starting shows till 1 am etc etc .... this is all because he wont grant them interviews.....

hmmm............

now i get it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »

i dont know why im arguing about this with Jarmo anyway....we are never gunna agree ha....

i hope this year brings a lot of joy to axl's fans in SA and Vegas !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »

no no no no dont put words in my mouth... i never said that the media always gets it right

but in this instance .... Axl wrote the letter... it certainly wasn't a compliment to RHCP in any way...

No, you just said "let's stop blaming the evil media for everything".

the media doesnt make up blatant lies about the guy...

Are you serious?

and if there is a vandetta against Axl... why is that? i dont get it....

I don't know about vendetta, I would personally say there's a slanted view and that colors most of the coverage about him.

#1.  In truth, I don't think "the media" gives much of a fuck about Axl Rose in 2014.  Yet a good number of Axl's fans still claim they have some sort of vendetta.  Most of what you get is an aside or a random comment.  Which yes, plays to the stereotype of Axl Rose.  But to be fair, an image he spent YEARS laying the groundwork for.  Its not like its all made up.

No of course they don't give a fuck about Axl Rose. That's why he made headlines this week. Because nobody cares!
You're funny.

I'm glad you're being fair to the media! Nice to see you be able to say something nice about some thing, obviously that thing has nothing to do with GN'R.
You're not the first person doing this whole "Axl = bad, everybody speaking against him = good" routine.

#2.  If you have a problem with it, or feel it needs to be corrected, you correct it.  Other option is to not care what people say.  

Who's "you"?

I don't expect Axl going to war against every lie published about him. That would take a lot of energy and time.
What I don't see as a problem is that those of us who refuse to be "fair to the media", point out their slanted views.

It's kinda funny how you're quick to "apologize" for the media's behavior when they report about Axl, yet you hold grudges against Axl for years and years. Why don't you have the same level of understanding and fairness to Axl and GN'R? Nobody's gonna cyber laugh at you!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »

so all these people who write bad things about Axl using the GNR name still and all the delays, the physical abuse claims or not starting shows till 1 am etc etc .... this is all because he wont grant them interviews.....

hmmm............

now i get it

Hahahahaha

Yeah, that stuff didn't actually happen.  Or if it did, it didn't happen last week, so geez...get over it already, people.

The irony of Axl fans telling people to get over something.  Now that's comedy.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »

#2.  If you have a problem with it, or feel it needs to be corrected, you correct it.  Other option is to not care what people say.  

Who's "you"?

Axl.  In this example, its Axl.

He emerged from hibernation in December 2008 in those chats to rail against things he felt were lies, either honest mistakes or malicious misrepresentations.

When did they happen?  YEARS prior.  So where was he then? 

If you sit on your hands and let "lies" get reported and then repeated, you can't really come out 3-4 years after the fact and complain about it.  What did you do to set the record straight?  Nada.  And it obviously bothers you, because you are still bringing it up 3-4 years later.  And that's 3-4 years the "lies" went unchallenged.

Good luck unringing that bell.  But, in fairness, I'm sure he was very, very, very busy.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »

You mean GN'R fans.

Yes, there's something ironic about a situation where certain so called fans never manage to say anything nice about the singer in their alleged favorite band, but they have a lot of understanding for the media and former band members.....

What kind of "news" make headlines? It's not "Celebrity has been sober for two years", it's "celebrity dies of overdose!". It's not "President lowers unemployment", it's "president is caught with pants down". And yet you're acting like the media loves Axl Rose and GN'R.... You think journalists are objective? Of course not.

That's like saying you're objective, or myself. We're not.

D-GenerationX , how long can you wait until you talk about something before it's too late? Would you say all those books that musicians write about their careers should only focus on the last year or so and not try to "set the record straight" on old matters that are too late to "fix"?

And for those of you who think this is something new and still don't believe what I'm saying.... Did you ever pay attention to the lyrics of the song called Get In The Ring? Which was originally called Why Do You Look At Me When You Hate Me?... Wonder what that's about?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:31:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »

Axl's post was a bit of fun, anyone who cannot see otherwise, if reflects on them rather than Axl.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2014, 05:06:22 PM »

Come on...

I disagree completely.  It was a mockery of the entire situation and the big deal being made of it.  It was a joke about the situation, not a serious dig at the Peppers.  I think a clear, careful reading can reveal that.  A careless reading can lead to mischaracterization, irrespective of Axl's reputation as being a joker or not.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2014, 06:22:20 PM »

D-GenerationX , how long can you wait until you talk about something before it's too late? Would you say all those books that musicians write about their careers should only focus on the last year or so and not try to "set the record straight" on old matters that are too late to "fix"?

When Slash's book came out.  If you have that big a problem with it, you speak up.

He promoted the shit out of that.  If you truly, honestly feel its full of bullshit and lies, you correct the record.

And really, that goes for just about anything, not just that book.  Which, to be frank, I don't think makes Axl look all that bad.  He could have BURIED Axl with some of the stories he could tell.  I expected Axl to come off way worse than he did.  I know a lot of people that read that thing, and they all said something similar.  Some said point blank they were looking for more crazy Axl stories.

And for those of you who think this is something new and still don't believe what I'm saying.... Did you ever pay attention to the lyrics of the song called Get In The Ring? Which was originally called Why Do You Look At Me When You Hate Me?... Wonder what that's about?

Rampant insecurity and a victim complex.

I actually like the music part of that song.  But come on, that whole spoken word bit in the middle is silly.  It reads the rantings of a high school freshman.  When it came out, I actually WAS a high school freshman, so I thought it was funny.  Now?  Well, let's just say I don't think it's aged well.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2014, 06:26:55 PM »

I disagree completely.  It was a mockery of the entire situation and the big deal being made of it.  It was a joke about the situation, not a serious dig at the Peppers.  I think a clear, careful reading can reveal that.  A careless reading can lead to mischaracterization, irrespective of Axl's reputation as being a joker or not.

I actually agree. 

But I can also see how it might be interpreted the other way.  And if it was, I'm not going to get up on my soapbox about the unfairness of it all.

We need to have a serious discussion about what is this supposed slanted coverage Axl gets though. 

Example :  Axl Rose, notorious for being difficult...

But if its the opening line of a piece, some here blow a fucking gasket.  Most people would just read it and nod. 

Here?  Here is the reaction around here, by the usual suspects :

So this author knows him?  He can name instances where he has been difficult?

It's "nice" how "people" can say "things" about how "difficult" Axl can "be".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: