Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers Air-Guitar on the Super Bowl? Axl Rose Weighs In
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers Air-Guitar on the Super Bowl? Axl Rose Weighs In  (Read 18581 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:43 AM »

Wow.

Pretty refreshing to see Axl taking it light for a change.  Good to see.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »

is there bad blood between axl and the peppers that I dont know about ?

because I could see how they would not like this

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 10:42:31 AM »

Funny stuff, but I wonder why he decided to comment on it. 

As for the actual event, I would've never known they weren't really playing if it wasn't pointed out.  They should've tried to hide it a little better.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 10:43:18 AM »

I find it funny and yet confussing at the same time. I?d really appreciate if you guys can help me out here. On one hand Axl says he enjoyed the show. And on the other hand he goes all sarcastic.

I think Axl means the SB is about a football game. And that the media should be talking about that. I?m guessing this because of the Mandela sign language guy comment. I mean it seems like Axl is bashing the media for focussing on stupid things instead of the important things. But I could be wrong

Too bad Axl didn?t weigh in about the Jannet Jackson boob malfunction back in the day  Grin
That sounds like a plausible explanation.  But I honestly have no idea.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »

is there bad blood between axl and the peppers that I dont know about ?

because I could see how they would not like this

Its somewhat smartass, but I think Axl likes them.

I know during his lost period in the late 90s, one of his sightings was in the first few rows at a RHCP concert.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »

That was totally incomprehensible!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlHBK
Headliner

Axl Loyalist

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 11:19:20 AM »

I love Axl Rose, but he needs to work on his writing skills. His incoherent ramblings are extremely confusing. I wonder if he wrote that drunk.

-Chinesedemocracy.com Refugee
GeetarMikey
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »

1. It's a bit peevish I would say and probably a pretty weak attempt to drum up some interest for the tour that's starting soon if that's its purpose.

2. I thought Axl was a fan of the Chilis?

3. Axl has used vocal backing tracks in the past for his doubled vox on a couple songs like CD and Shackler's, so why is this any different?

4. He's hardly in a place to have a go at the Chilis since they've had quite a few hugely successful albums since 1993 and GN'R have had one cover album, a decent live album, and one of the biggest anti-climax albums in music history (As much as I enjoy all those releases).

Unless I'm missing the point and he's just having a friendly dig at them and they're all mates, but it's quite hard to read his syntax sometimes, so I'm not sure!

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »

He sounds disrespectful to the Peppers, I don't like it.  Seems like it kind of came out of nowhere.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »

Some of you took that seriously?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »

And besides? If the band wasn?t really playing or wireless or whatever and Anthony was really singing they may have set a new world record for the largest karaoke audience ever! Awesome!

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Axl Rlz

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GeetarMikey
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »

Well, that's why I was wondering if they're all friends and it was just a bit of banter, but it was pretty badly-worded and if it is a joke then maybe he should have kept it between him and RHCP?

Again, I think it's publicity for the upcoming tour and if it is, then it's a pretty bad attempt. Maybe a single and/or music video might have been better instead of slagging other bands in public, whether or not it was intended as a "joke"?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »

Have you read any of the news articles about this "incident"?
People are outraged, shocked, surprised, you name it. To the point where Flea had to defend his band!

This is not exactly serious.....  But you take it seriously.
What happened to fun?

Axl's promoting shows in South America by commenting on the halftime performance at the biggest sports event in the US?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »

Axl Rose Mocks Red Hot Chili Peppers' Super Bowl 'Karaoke'

"Maybe they all had microchips installed in their asses and not only pick up the frequencies of their instruments but get Direct TV and the Internet, too!"

By Kory Grow
February 5, 2014 8:14 AM ET

Axl Rose spoke out twice yesterday about the Red Hot Chili Peppers' admittedly "mimed" Super Bowl halftime show performance. Upon learning that the Chili Peppers' instruments indeed were not plugged in, by Flea's own admission, the Guns N' Roses frontman tweeted sarcastically that they "got that karaoke thing going for 'em! Awesome!"

Rob Sheffield ranks all the Super Bowl halftime shows in history: from worst to best

Earlier in the day, Rose penned an equally wry op-ed piece for Billboard, before Flea's open letter explaining how halftime show producers had insisted the band perform to a prerecorded track hit the Internet. Photos showing Flea's unplugged bass began circulating on the web on Monday, and Rose felt he needed to speak out on the "controversy."

After saying he enjoyed the show and that he wanted to "give the benefit of the doubt," Rose offered the sort of hypothesis you'd hear in a locker room. "Consider that maybe sometime before their actual performance that rather than use a guitar cord or standard wireless, that in the name of science and for all mankind, Flea courageously had a newly invented breakthrough in microchip technology installed in his ass that picked up the frequencies of his bass and transmitted them to his amplifier," he wrote.

"Maybe they all had microchips installed in their asses and not only pick up the frequencies of their instruments but get Direct TV and the Internet, too!" the Guns N' Roses frontman offered. "Like Google Glass . . . Google Ass! They could be 'Scientific Pioneers!' Like Buzz Aldrin and shit! True (pardon the pun) ASS-tro-nots! Or like Superbowl crash test dummies for bands kinda like those cars that drive themselves!"

Then, considering the alternative that turned out to be a reality, Rose found a new way to give the benefit of the doubt. "If the band wasn't really playing or wireless or whatever and Anthony was really singing, they may have set a new world record for the largest karaoke audience ever!"

As he signed off his original post, he made a quizzical reference to the Chili Peppers finding "a new pinnacle of human achievement not seen since the sign language guy in South Africa," and bid farewell: "God Bless America, the Peppers n' technology... PN'T!"

Later, after Flea's admission came out, Rose tweeted, "Oh well, so much for science!" He then shifted attention back to sign language and South Africa. "They're right up there with the sign language guy, whose deep n' heartfelt dedication, absolute total commitment, conviction (or maybe that was just the other 3 tire binding, poor sob burning murderers), absence of sanity, and ultimate public achievement should not b forgotten!" he wrote. "God Bless Mandela for his consideration n' generosity, for foreseeing this noble event and kicking the bucket (too soon?) allowing us this, not unlike the Superbowl [sic], historic, heroic n' amazing event! Amen!!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-mocks-red-hot-chili-peppers-super-bowl-karaoke-20140205

This Only Funny Moment

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »

1. It's a bit peevish I would say and probably a pretty weak attempt to drum up some interest for the tour that's starting soon if that's its purpose.

2. I thought Axl was a fan of the Chilis?

3. Axl has used vocal backing tracks in the past for his doubled vox on a couple songs like CD and Shackler's, so why is this any different?

4. He's hardly in a place to have a go at the Chilis since they've had quite a few hugely successful albums since 1993 and GN'R have had one cover album, a decent live album, and one of the biggest anti-climax albums in music history (As much as I enjoy all those releases).

Unless I'm missing the point and he's just having a friendly dig at them and they're all mates, but it's quite hard to read his syntax sometimes, so I'm not sure!

I think he's having a friendly dig at the whole situation and the big deal that's being made of it.

As far as using backing vocal tracks, you are making an apples and oranges comparison and argument.  Axl can not do vocal harmonies at the same as singing the melody of the songs you mentioned, so that's why he uses background tracks for the harmonies.

Ali
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »

I know Axl is probably just having a light-hearted dig at the situation, we all know Axl's sense of humour and this is totally him. But as a fan, I find it extremely odd for Axl to comment publicily about this kind of thing, especially considering he doesn't say alot at all within the media.  Embarrassed

I know it's all in good fun, but I would rather Axl show more restraint in doing this kind of thing. Because it just opens up opportunities for people to bash GN'R and him in general, like some already have.

Maybe he should do it more often, then we wouldn't find it so strange...  Grin

If he would of said this in the 87-93 era, people would of just laughed it off. Simply because, he used to do it all the time in magazine interviews, tv interviews, on stage etc. But the fact he doesn't say hardly anything these days to the media (can go months, years etc), that is why a section of the GN'R community find this rather odd, which is fair enough.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:06:08 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »

I know Axl is probably just having a light-hearted dig at the situation, we all know Axl's sense of humour and this is totally him. But as a fan, I find it extremely odd for Axl to comment publicily about this kind of thing, especially considering he doesn't say alot at all within the media.  Embarrassed

I know it's all in good fun, but I would rather Axl show more restraint in doing this kind of thing. Because it just opens up opportunities for people to bash GN'R and him in general, like some already have.

Maybe he should do it more often, then we wouldn't find it so strange...  Grin

If he would of said this in the 87-93 era, people would of just laughed it off. But the fact he doesn't say hardly anything these days to the media (can go months, years etc), that is why a section of the GN'R community find this rather odd.

People have been bashing Axl and GN'R since the grunge era in the early 90's.  I'm confident in saying that many don't need a reason, just an opportunity, to bash him and GN'R.

If people can't take this as the joke it was, that's just unfortunate.

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 02:06:16 PM »

People are outraged, shocked, surprised, you name it. To the point where Flea had to defend his band!

What happened to fun?

Axl's promoting shows in South America by commenting on the halftime performance at the biggest sports event in the US?

/jarmo

This is what I think, too.

I think he's making a "statement" (aka a thinly veiled dig) about the media burying the lead (and the public following suit).  I think his references to the Mandela funeral, and the fake interpreter, cement that, for me (both in the original statement, and his follow up).  

And if it's not...it's still funny as fuck.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:15:52 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeetarMikey
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 02:12:40 PM »

What happened to fun?

/jarmo

Axl taking the piss out of a band that's sadly been way more relevant for years than GN'R hardly qualifies as "fun" don't you think? Just looks a bit desperate and attention-seeking.

And yeah, promoting shows by commenting on sports events is about right for GN'R nowadays seeing as there's not been any (let's do a list); Axl interviews, band photoshoots, new singles or videos. I'd LOVE to see any of those, not some semi-incomprehensible half-joke that we're all supposed to fawn over and think is hilarious just because it's Axl.

Don't get me wrong, from what I've seen and by all accounts he's very quick and funny and it's hardly the end of the world,  but let's not pretend it's amazing either and it probably makes him look quite bad in most peoples' eyes.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »

I personally had a blast reading this. It was pretty funny ! And he's right !!

Google Ass. This is genious!!! lol

What some bands don't do for the money. Flea can give as many excuses he wants, it's clear as crystal why they did it. If Flea was Axl GN'R would be doing reunion shows around the world for a decade, cashing in. If I'm not mistaken RHCP did go to the shitty RNRHOF, didn't they? Whatever. GREAT READING!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30