Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:29:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers Air-Guitar on the Super Bowl? Axl Rose Weighs In
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers Air-Guitar on the Super Bowl? Axl Rose Weighs In  (Read 18591 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 04, 2014, 08:19:43 PM »

Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers Air-Guitar on the Super Bowl? Axl Rose Weighs In (Exclusive)

Bassist Flea "had a newly invented breakthrough in microchip technology installed in his ass," cracks the Guns N' Roses frontman in an Op-Ed.

The Super Bowl halftime show, featuring Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, elicited plenty of cheers from fans in MetLife stadium, but some watching at home -- including former Living Color guitarist Vernon Reid -- had a bone to pick with the chosen performers.

Taking to Twitter mere seconds after the camera panned to RHCP bassist Flea slapping his instrument with his staple stage stomp, Reid commented, "That guitar is plugged into NOTHING," followed by several more missives explaining that there was "a flaw in the illusion. They slipped up by not covering that for camera. They actually DON'T want Blatantly Fake made obvious."

Flea has since responded to the air-guitar claim, writing on the band's website that they were aware from the beginning that everything but the vocals would be pre-recorded. Although the group's stance on miming in the past has been "we will absolutely not do it," he wrote that the band chose to go through with the performance because "it was a surreal-like, once in a life time crazy thing to do and we would just have fun and do it."

Still, the controversy has only picked up steam as various sports outlets jumped on the story, and even inspired the ever reclusive Axl Rose to weigh in. Below, the Guns N' Roses frontman writes of Flea's magic ass transmitter, "the largest karaoke audience ever" and somehow finds a way to tie in the sign language faker from the Nelson Mandela memorial... 

In The Name Of Science

In regard to the internet's "no wireless" controversy regarding the Red Hot Chili Peppers Superbowl performance as reported on ESPN...

I enjoyed the show and I've no idea what the real story is nor would I want to suggest or imply anyone wasn't actually performing or that what they were playing wasn't what we actually heard. That said I feel it's important to always look on the positive side of things and to give the benefit of doubt.

So consider that maybe sometime before their actual performance that rather than use a guitar cord or standard wireless, that in the name of science and for all mankind Flea courageously had a newly invented breakthrough in microchip technology installed in his ass that picked up the frequencies of his bass and transmitted them to his amplifier.

Maybe they all had microchips installed in their asses and not only pick up the frequencies of their instruments but get Direct TV and the internet too! Like Google Glass... Google Ass! They could be "Scientific Pioneers!" Like Buzz Aldrin and shit! True (pardon the pun) ASS-tro-nots! Or like Superbowl crash test dummies for bands kinda like those cars that drive themselves!

And besides... If the band wasn't really playing or wireless or whatever and Anthony was really singing they may have set a new world record for the largest karaoke audience ever! Awesome!

So relax and show some pride! This is probably all just Google finding new ways to enrich our lives with the selfless volunteering of the Peppers and the ever ongoing creative process of true innovation or perhaps a new lounge bar record of super magnificent proportions and a new pinnacle of human achievement not seen since the sign language guy in South Africa!

God Bless America, the Peppers n' technology... PN'T!

Ax

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/did-red-hot-chili-peppers-677178

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:36 PM »

The dude is fucking hilarious  ok beer
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »

What does PN'T Mean?  I know it's going to be really obvious... edit... I get it now Embarrassed

Do you know what inspired Axl to write this? Wonder if he will journo more. Either way he is supportive of the chilli peppers, was there a feud Before?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 09:16:13 PM »

Who is Ax?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:22:51 PM »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Awsome Axl is awsome!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:28:59 PM »

That, right there, was fucking hilarious.

And axl might want get his lawyers on this...I hear Zuckerberg read this article and is currently working on a new site: Assbook.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:43:31 PM »

Explains Axl cane, must have be hard to walk after the ass implant surgery.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »

The Chilli Peppers seemed out of place and a little pathetic at the Super Bowl.  Them performing with Bruno Mars made no sense from an artistic stand point.  Obviously the producers were uncomfortable with Bruno Mars as the sole act.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »

Awesome. lol

Axl is God.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »

Through what medium did Axl relay this message may I ask?
gmGnR2
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 11:13:18 PM »

Through what medium did Axl relay this message may I ask?

I was wondering the same thing. Axl retweeted it so it's legit (unless someone hacked his account).  Anyone knows?

Very funny!
ben9785
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 12:57:31 AM »

Well said Axl. When he's got something to say, it's worth your time.
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 01:14:44 AM »

Axl is tweeting about it!!
 Cool
https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/430933775095431168

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
Princess Leia
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 03:58:35 AM »

I find it funny and yet confussing at the same time. I?d really appreciate if you guys can help me out here. On one hand Axl says he enjoyed the show. And on the other hand he goes all sarcastic.

I think Axl means the SB is about a football game. And that the media should be talking about that. I?m guessing this because of the Mandela sign language guy comment. I mean it seems like Axl is bashing the media for focussing on stupid things instead of the important things. But I could be wrong

Too bad Axl didn?t weigh in about the Jannet Jackson boob malfunction back in the day  Grin
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:17 AM »

He cracks me up!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 05:08:06 AM »

its great that axl made a comment about this miming show that they call the half time show.
when i watched it i noteced that bruno was clearly lip synching, and i had doubts about rhcp.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 05:12:21 AM »

Just brilliant!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 06:30:02 AM »

when the Stones did it jagger said that he was the first Singer in Super bowl to sing live. everybody before did it. but the whole band thats new to me.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »

as usual ... I am not smart enough to understand anything this guy says ha

random....but funny

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »

Now we expect an answer from Flea or Kiedis in the same sarcastic tone.  Smiley

Too much buzz for america's biggest sports event.They call it football but they play with hands....and the ball is egg shaped  peace

I hope Guns NEVER play the superbowl and do it fake.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: