Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:05:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR at Hard Rock Vegas! An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! May 21-June 7
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR at Hard Rock Vegas! An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! May 21-June 7  (Read 96746 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »

Its a pretty low risk venture

Seems like the name of the game lately, no?

It hasn't been a Profile In Courage lately, no.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »

Please take your off topic banter to PMs.

Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2014, 11:04:37 AM »

I hope someone is on the ball out there and can get us a decent bootleg.

The ones that are out so far from South America aren't really dynamite quality.  Hopefully, our luck will change in Las Vegas.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2014, 11:21:40 AM »

Just wanted to see everyone's thoughts on the upcoming residency .... Wondering what the stage design will be, possible surprises, songs, .... How's it selling .... Please share your thoughts ...

There was talk a few weeks ago they weren't sold out.

Which...I don't know, I can't believe.  This is not a big place. 
These shows don't sell out ahead of time...if at all. None of the shows during the first residency completely sold out. Motley Crue has done 2 residencies and none of those shows were sold out...same for Def Leppard's residency. Sure a lot of tickets are purchased by fans who are planning a Vegas trip around the shows, but the majority of tickets for these shows are bought by people who go to vegas for a holiday and have no clue about the shows until they get to vegas and decide to catch a show. A lot of tickets are bought a day before or the day of the show.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2014, 11:27:02 AM »

Just wanted to see everyone's thoughts on the upcoming residency .... Wondering what the stage design will be, possible surprises, songs, .... How's it selling .... Please share your thoughts ...

These shows don't sell out ahead of time...if at all. None of the shows during the first residency completely sold out. Motley Crue has done 2 residencies and none of those shows were sold out...same for Def Leppard's residency. Sure a lot of tickets are purchased by fans who are planning a Vegas trip around the shows, but the majority of tickets for these shows are bought by people who go to vegas for a holiday and have no clue about the shows until they get to vegas and decide to catch a show. A lot of tickets are bought a day before or the day of the show.

Yeah, I go to Vegas every September.

Missed the last one being a bit early, and will miss this one because I will be there way late.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »

I'm not sure your statement about none of the shows for any of these acts selling out is exactly true given I don't know the numbers.

But, I agree 100% with the rest of your statement.

The entire reason that residencies take place in Vegas is because of the high turnover due to the tourism and other reasoning for trips to Vegas.  It's like playing to a new group of people without ever moving.  I'd be willing to bet that the promoters are fully aware and expecting a lot of walkups to the show.  I saw that myself first hand at the last residency.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

The entire reason that residencies take place in Vegas is because of the high turnover due to the tourism and other reasoning for trips to Vegas.  It's like playing to a new group of people without ever moving.  I'd be willing to bet that the promoters are fully aware and expecting a lot of walkups to the show.  I saw that myself first hand at the last residency.

I'd agree, but this suggests that people take trips to Vegas with no legwork.  Is that real world?

I've been going to Vegas every year for 7 years.  And months ahead of time, I check out what shows/comedians/magicians will be there.  In my experience, this is what most people do.  I'd certainly argue more people do that then say they are going to fly out there and just wing it.  Maybe, *maybe*, if you are a trust fund baby just driving in for the weekend.  But a planned trip with flights months in advance?  Are you winging that? 

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »

The only reason I ask about how its selling is because you can still get pretty decent seats in the orchestra section on AXS. The tables, GA Balcony, and suites are all but sold out for most shows, and most of the seated balcony sections have tickets in the higher 400s

JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »

I'd agree, but this suggests that people take trips to Vegas with no legwork.  Is that real world?

I've been going to Vegas every year for 7 years.  And months ahead of time, I check out what shows/comedians/magicians will be there.  In my experience, this is what most people do.  I'd certainly argue more people do that then say they are going to fly out there and just wing it.  Maybe, *maybe*, if you are a trust fund baby just driving in for the weekend.  But a planned trip with flights months in advance?  Are you winging that? 
I think a lot of people who have been to vegas a few times just go without much of a plan. They know what the permanent/regular shows are and they know what they like to spend their time doing while in Vegas.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »

I saw more people than I can count walking up to the ticket booth buying tickets.  It may not be no "legwork", but not months in advance legwork.

Ali
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2014, 10:53:57 PM »

There is a lot of influx from the surrounding area, southern Cali, etc, where people just jump in the car and "wing it" for a short 5 hr trip. Its basically what I'm doing, I'm already gonna be out vacationing in Cali all moth , leave tomorrow Smiley !!. but I bought a tix for the show on the 24th, and my cousin and I will drive out there for the day crash that night and head back the next day. Id love to stay for the 25th show, but its memorial weekend, and the hotel prices are insane that weekend. Plus I leave on Tuesday, and don't want to be shot getting back late Monday night just to jump on the plane..lol And I rather be at the BBQ pool party with the family before I come back here to NY.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2014, 12:12:09 AM »

I can't wait ! Last time I went, I stayed on the strip... This time I got a night at the Hard Rock.  Going for the first show ! Excited to see the hotel themed GnR.  It will be fun to soak in the experience being it's the first show, I'm counting down the days !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2014, 05:00:21 AM »

https://twitter.com/thejointlv

@gunsnroses to work on new album during their #Vegas residency: http://goo.gl/X1MDnM  #GNRnotrickery.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »

Guns N? Roses shooting for ?kick-ass? residency in Las Vegas
http://blog.vegas.com/las-vegas-shows/guns-n-roses-shooting-for-kick-ass-residency-in-las-vegas-46252/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »

I'm still all about they need to get back to their roots.  I think the whole band needs to camp out at DJ's and live together while they make new music.  I realize everybody has grown up and matured so you know the not taking a bath option is off the table.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2014, 08:48:19 AM »

I'm still all about they need to get back to their roots.  I think the whole band needs to camp out at DJ's and live together while they make new music.  I realize everybody has grown up and matured so you know the not taking a bath option is off the table.  hihi

what roots.......lol

somehow i don't think Axl and Beta want to spend the month living out of DJ's garage lol

the 4 bedroom suite at the hard rock probably suits them better

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »

@gunsnroses to work on new album during their #Vegas residency: http://goo.gl/X1MDnM  #GNRnotrickery.

Nice....

fingers crossed....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »

Same thing was said last year, and still no album (or any sign of it), so I don't see reason to believe this time.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:44 PM »

Same thing was said last year, and still no album (or any sign of it), so I don't see reason to believe this time.

Hard to argue with.

But, if forced to pick, I'll take them at least paying lip service to it than laughing at the question outright.

GNR Fandom : It's Faaaaaaantastic!!!

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #319 on: May 01, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »

I apologize if this has already been covered.

Will Duff be part of the residency in Vegas?

If not, do you think he'll come on for a guest spot for a night or two?

Also, what's your bet on a new song or two being unveiled during the Vegas shows?

Whatever the case on any of these, it sounds like it's going to be a blast.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: