Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR at Hard Rock Vegas! An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! May 21-June 7
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR at Hard Rock Vegas! An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! May 21-June 7  (Read 96783 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2014, 03:09:02 PM »

I am speaking just to the track record in relation to other bands.  

Take them and any other 2 bands you want.  GNR, Pearl Jam and U2 for example.  Based on track record, would you have any real concerns of a no show, unexplained cancellation, or a storm off 5 songs in for whatever reason with those fellas?  Not really.  And once you compare those things to GNR, its not even a question in terms of where the higher risk lies.

Even look at something like the RNR HOF.  People bought tickets and made arrangements to be in Cleveland to see the band go in.  Then, what...week of, Axl bails?  

You just have to be on the lookout for that shit with this band.  The track record is what it is.  

And to tell me that things have been good lately, yes, that's valid.  Its also telling me that the guy with 5 prior DUIs is on the straight and narrow because he didn't have one within the year.  Maybe he didn't, but the history of him being a bad risk will always be present based on a proven track record over time.

Cool, so don't go.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »

Take them and any other 2 bands you want.  GNR, Pearl Jam and U2 for example.  Based on track record, would you have any real concerns of a no show, unexplained cancellation, or a storm off 5 songs in for whatever reason with those fellas?  Not really.  And once you compare those things to GNR, its not even a question in terms of where the higher risk lies.

Even look at something like the RNR HOF.  People bought tickets and made arrangements to be in Cleveland to see the band go in.  Then, what...week of, Axl bails?  

You just have to be on the lookout for that shit with this band.  The track record is what it is.  

And to tell me that things have been good lately, yes, that's valid.  Its also telling me that the guy with 5 prior DUIs is on the straight and narrow because he didn't have one within the year.  Maybe he didn't, but the history of him being a bad risk will always be present based on a proven track record over time.

Cool, so don't go.

That'll learn me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »

Too late for that.

People are excited about the upcoming Las Vegas residency and somebody's gotta be the party pooper.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2014, 08:18:44 PM »

@HardRockHotelLV: Happy birthday Axl. #GNRVegas pic.twitter.com/J5ZNpA2pNz

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »

I would seriously consider going to see GNR again if new songs (like brand fucking new off a future GNR album new) are confirmed to be performed. I have payed and loved every GNR show I have ever gone. But I am voting with the mighty dollar here. Its time for new music.

You'd incur travel expenses to see this man?  Brave.

For axlrosegnr? Damn right. He is one of the coolest motherfuckers I have ever had the privilege of meeting/hanging out with. If I go axlrosegnr would be one of the main reasons I would.

Well after that write up, I OWE you a beer! I'll see you here this spring.  Grin

Axl is God.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2014, 03:14:04 AM »

Axl has completely rectified the situation in terms of reliability taking the stage.  I do not view traveling g to Las Vegas as a risk whatsoever anymore.  Sure when I did this in 2001 I was a little nervous.  People change, and frankly Axl is not getting enough credit for rectifying the problem.  He deserves some credit for this.  This isn't the same problem from 2002.  He is completely reliable and professional fulfilling his commitments. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2014, 08:09:05 AM »

I'm not sure how that's really relevant, to most people.  Unless there is another band doing a Vegas residency around that time that you think members of this forum would rather see.

Because, unless the choice is between GnR and Band A...how GnR "compares" doesn't really matter.  It's not really a factor in the decision making process.

The only think that matters when evaluating "Would I take a risk, making travel arrangements, to see THIS man" is, ultimately, whats the actual level of risk.

Given overall history, and trending recent history...it's rather low.

Are U2 and Pearl Jam doing a Vegas residency, too?  Man...that would be AWESOME! Then I could see all 3!

Axl didn't bail.  Axl never, ever, ever said he was attending.  There's a big...and not just semantic...difference.

If your argument is he should have said one way or the other, sooner....fair enough.  But that's not the same as bailing, or no showing.

Yup, but..historically...while it happens...it really doesn't happen all that high of a % of time.  The bad shit is what's notable.  We overlook the relatively good shit.  

If the guy had a history of occasional DUI in his youth, and then went 5 years without one....yeah, I'd say he'd earned a second chance.

Would I consider his history? Yes...ALL of it.  Not just the negative/bad parts...with especially heavy weight toward the recent historical trending.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:48:34 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2014, 08:57:38 AM »

Five seldom-played songs for Guns N? Roses? set list at Hard Rock

You may have seen the billboard on I-15 with the Guns N? Roses logo on it, teasing something big for the band locally this spring. Here it is: The group will be returning to The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel for a second residency after a well-received stint there in the fall of 2012. I saw the nearly three-hour show, dubbed ?Appetite for Democracy,? and it was indeed an awesomely overblown rock ?n? roll spectacle. But here?s the gripe: Despite what the band said in advance of their residency, the set list at The Joint shows was pretty much exactly what GNR has been playing on tour with their current lineup for years now. The production may have been slightly different, but not the selection of material they performed, with a few exceptions. The same thing can be said for Motley Crue during their two extended stays at The Joint. The band that did the whole residency thing at the venue the best?

Def Leppard, who played two sets each night, with the first set being rare songs and B-sides that the band had seldom, if ever, played before. This made the concert feel special, something worth traveling to Vegas for in order to see a show that you couldn?t see anywhere else.

And that?s what a residency is supposed to be all about, right? With this in mind, with Guns N? Roses returning to The Joint, here are five seldom-played songs that I?d like to see the band dust off at the Hard Rock:

?Coma?: My personal favorite song off of ?Use Your Illusion I,? ?Coma? is the band?s longest at more than 10 minutes in duration. The epic, tangled tune doesn?t have a chorus and is among the most adventurous they ever recorded.

?14 Years?: Easily the coolest moment during GNR?s first Vegas residency was when the band was joined by former guitarist Izzy Stradlin, who performed this ode to Rose and Stradlin?s friendship that the latter sang on ?Use Your Illusion II.? But Stradlin only participated in the last two gigs of the 12-date run. Bring him back for the whole thing this time, please.

?Reckless Life?: Pretty much one prolonged snarl, this bare bones, bare knuckle rocker was originally penned by Hollywood Rose, the band that prefaced Guns N? Roses. You can hear a live version of it on the band?s ?Lies? EP. Twenty five years later, let?s hear it live once more.

?Anything Goes?: This libidinous come-on is just about the only song off of ?Appetite for Destruction? that the band stopped playing ages ago. This might have something to do with the profane lyrics, but it?s a down and dirty reminder of this band?s down and dirty origins.

?Prostitute?: Not sure why this great, reflective, symphonic ?Chinese Democracy? album closer has never made into the band?s set list much, but this would be a good time to change all that.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/five-seldom-played-songs-guns-n-roses-set-list-hard-rock

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2014, 09:50:59 AM »

If I could hear "Coma" live...just once...I would die a musically satisfied man. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2014, 11:03:29 AM »

The 3 live version of 'Coma' I have (Tokyo '92, Chicago '92, Nebraska '93) are all excellent.

You'd wonder with a long song like that with several stops, starts, and tempo changes might suffer.  It really didn't.  Axl even killed the long passage at the end, word for word.

'Locomotive' is another one.  The versions from NYC '91 and Tokyo '92 are flawless.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »

Well...this band can be so extremely frustrating! The official announcement was supposed to be made on Monday Feb 10...now someone at mygnr said that the announcement date has been changed to TBA, so I emailed the Hard Rock and the reply I got was that the official announcement of the residency will be made within a few weeks! So we might not get dates for another month. Unbelievable!

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2014, 09:57:49 AM »

... and without the Hard Rock posting the teasers, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Wink
So who knows what the reason is.

/jarmo

Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »

Well...this band can be so extremely frustrating! The official announcement was supposed to be made on Monday Feb 10...now someone at mygnr said that the announcement date has been changed to TBA, so I emailed the Hard Rock and the reply I got was that the official announcement of the residency will be made within a few weeks! So we might not get dates for another month. Unbelievable!

I Called them and the said the same thing SMH... Why cant GNR ever gives 4-5 months in advance to "prepare" for a show. Its always like this. 2-3 months TOPS! Most acts put tickets on sale 5,6,7 months in advance. Not our band. Not GNR. Smh... Wont you sell more tickets that way??? By putting tickets on sale 5-6 months before the show? SPECIALLY outside the US where some fans struggle for money... I dont get it man. By the time they annouce the dates, HOTEL AND FLIGHT WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE... But im wrong for pointing this out....
What is it? Is it that the show theyre playing in OHIO 5/16 dont want to lose potential audience? Are they afraid they might choose Vegas instead?Huh I dont get it... Always something... But dont worry, Im still going... Smh

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2014, 11:28:17 AM »

Hotels and flights aren't necessarily more expensive two-three months in advance compared to six months in advance.

Yes, you're right. I believe sometimes things like when you can announce shows do play into the equation.
Why do you think they often announce festival dates before the other shows in the same region? Like New York City last June or the UK tours in 2006 and 2010....

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2014, 12:34:26 PM »

I would venture to guess that close to 75 percent of people going to these shows in Vegas are from out of town... like myself if I can make it

so yeah the more time to plan to take days off,get flights ,rooms etc ... the better

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »

It's just frustrating because traveling to vegas for a residency takes planning. You have to book time off work, hotels, flights, and you have to save and have a budget for the trip. Most of those things aren't a big deal, but booking time off of work can be a problem for a lot of people if there isn't a lot of advanced notice. I was looking forward to Monday so I could get everything booked. I've booked rooms based around the rumored dates as well as time off of work. The rooms can be cancelled no problem, but if they wait a while to announce the dates and they happen to be different from the rumored dates, changing my holidays at work could be a problem.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »

I already requested off from work based off the rumored dates.  Oh yes.  I am not fooling around. I will be there!
piab70
Opening Act

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »

They will probably announce the OFFICIAL dates soon. I will be there in person Wed night for vacation and will be wearing my Axl aces t shirt. And will remind a few manager's that I need the dates so I can make plans to come back for GNR!

On the negative side, I can't do a lot of gambling because I need to save $$ for GNR  crying
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2014, 02:54:05 PM »

Seen this date posted & removed twice today, managed to screen cap it 2nd time

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2014, 03:35:42 PM »

If I could hear "Coma" live...just once...I would die a musically satisfied man. Smiley

It would be an amazing experience live. I hope that it is one of their new live songs for the year. Vegas is the place to play it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:43:29 PM by Mysteron » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: