Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:04:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR at Hard Rock Vegas! An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! May 21-June 7
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR at Hard Rock Vegas! An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! May 21-June 7  (Read 96696 times)
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2014, 10:47:53 PM »

My first of two shows is tonight!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #381 on: May 29, 2014, 01:09:29 AM »

ummm...is Izzy showing up for the shows on the 30th and 31st??? if he isnt, hopefully somebody from GnR does something about that Izzy's Army facebook page...caus it just posted the links to tickets for the 30th and 31st shows going "get tickets for the Izzy dates here" and the links to the gnr website for those two shows tickets.

Who operates that twitter account? Does anyone know the details?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2014, 07:10:51 PM »

thejointlv
Yesterday @gunsnroses guitarist @bumblefoot hosted a spicy food challenge at #PinkTaco inside the hotel. #Vegas personalities competed for bragging rights and a $1,000 donation to the charity of their choice, provided by the hotel and AEG Live. #GNRnotrickery #gunsnroses #bumblefoot

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2014, 10:13:12 PM »

Frank
Deep cherry sparkle @porkpie87 !!! Thanks Bill!'

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
will (uk)
Opening Act

« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2014, 10:48:13 PM »

ummm...is Izzy showing up for the shows on the 30th and 31st??? if he isnt, hopefully somebody from GnR does something about that Izzy's Army facebook page...caus it just posted the links to tickets for the 30th and 31st shows going "get tickets for the Izzy dates here" and the links to the gnr website for those two shows tickets.

Who operates that twitter account? Does anyone know the details?

The account is run by "wfuckinga", a.k.a "wfa", a.k.a "walker alford". He was the izzy impostor online for years, and he admitted it last year on mygnrforum when he slipped up and was called out on his BS. He also runs fake accounts of Beta and Paul Tobias (which he calls "parody").

I'm not really active on the forums these days, but hopefully some old timer can vouch for my having contact with Izzy years ago. I emailed Izzy about the Army last year and he confirmed to me at the time that he has never done a Q&A with that page and that he wouldn't contact them.

The #notrickery Q&A by GNR hinted that Izzy and Duff might make an appearance in Vegas, but nothing has been officially confirmed. Hope no-one has booked flights/hotels hoping to see Izzy or Duff because of these fakes  Undecided
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #385 on: May 31, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »

Did you also setup when fans could buy like a dog? If so; thanks for that :-)
I at first just assumed that 'izzy's army' was by the same fan (you?).

Apparently it's just another attention-whore.

Hoosizzit
Opening Act

Here Today...Hopefully Tomorrow

« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

I have made it to the Hard Rock !  Hope I survive until Wednesday.   No matter how many times I see this band, it is always exciting. Can not wait !

August 2 1988      Indianapolis, IN
May 29 1991        Noblesville, IN
December 2 2011 Cincinnati, OH
December 8 2011  Indianapolis, IN
June 4  2014         Las Vegas, NV
Badapple89
Rocker

'Nobody told me there'd be days like these'

« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »

Did you also setup when fans could buy like a dog? If so; thanks for that :-)
I at first just assumed that 'izzy's army' was by the same fan (you?).

Apparently it's just another attention-whore.

I can vouch for Will, he used to run the Chopaway website and was indeed an integral part of the 'Like a Dog' thing. Now that there is no website, I'm not sure whether Izzy is still in contact with anyone any more. Maybe Izzydutch  Cool

"Instant Karma's gonna get you!"
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2014, 01:39:07 AM »

UNLOCKING THE TRUTH To Support GUNS N' ROSES In Vegas
www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=11682

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2014, 12:26:44 AM »

I was at the show on the 28th. Great show, loved mostly every minute of it. Gotta respect a band that can play 3 hours straight with energy. More Energy in fact then the folks just sitting in their seats, who left early. Incredible. With that said, I was pretty disappointed with the lack of Chinese Democracy songs played. I mean, come on, 4 tracks only? Walking through the Hard Rock you could hear more than 4 Chinese Democracy songs played! I haven't been to the board in a bit, and wasn't familiar with the newer set-lists, so maybe that's why I was taken back by it. Regardless, I feel like, they're out there touring, why aren't they using the tour to promote the "new" album? And for me, I'd much rather hear TWAT, IRS, Street of Dreams, If the World, Prostitute, Sorry, or Riad n the Bedouins (LOVE me some Riad n the Bedouins!!!), then any of the solos, Riff Raff, Attitude, Raw, any of the canned jams, or Seeker...Ok, I DO like Seeker. Seriously, most the folks who paid the cash aren't there to listen to guitar solos, or off the beaten path covers. That's the reality. It's cool by me, but anyone on this board is probably more into the band then the common listener, so our thoughts on the topic shouldn't be considered mass appeal. On a side/personal note, my wife is most familiar with Chinese Democracy and the HITS from Appetite of course. So she was also let down by the fact that all her Fav's from CD were absent. TWAT, IRS, and Street of Dreams, BARE MINIMUM, need to be added back into the set. They're the best fucking tracks on the album outside of Better. Come on, who's with me on this? Or is it just me?  peace
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:31:31 AM by ATREAL1_1 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »

I was at the show on the 28th. Great show, loved mostly every minute of it. Gotta respect a band that can play 3 hours straight with energy. More Energy in fact then the folks just sitting in their seats, who left early. Incredible. With that said, I was pretty disappointed with the lack of Chinese Democracy songs played. I mean, come on, 4 tracks only? Walking through the Hard Rock you could hear more than 4 Chinese Democracy songs played! I haven't been to the board in a bit, and wasn't familiar with the newer set-lists, so maybe that's why I was taken back by it. Regardless, I feel like, they're out there touring, why aren't they using the tour to promote the "new" album? And for me, I'd much rather hear TWAT, IRS, Street of Dreams, If the World, Prostitute, Sorry, or Riad n the Bedouins (LOVE me some Riad n the Bedouins!!!), then any of the solos, Riff Raff, Attitude, Raw, any of the canned jams, or Seeker...Ok, I DO like Seeker. Seriously, most the folks who paid the cash aren't there to listen to guitar solos, or off the beaten path covers. That's the reality. It's cool by me, but anyone on this board is probably more into the band then the common listener, so our thoughts on the topic shouldn't be considered mass appeal. On a side/personal note, my wife is most familiar with Chinese Democracy and the HITS from Appetite of course. So she was also let down by the fact that all her Fav's from CD were absent. TWAT, IRS, and Street of Dreams, BARE MINIMUM, need to be added back into the set. They're the best fucking tracks on the album outside of Better. Come on, who's with me on this? Or is it just me?  peace

Its little more than a greatest hits nostalgia operation these days.  Its not like they are playing these shows to break any new ground or move anything forward.

They are playing the old hits for fans that want to hear the old hits.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »

As much as is want to hear TWAT, most casual concert goers want to hear the AFD and UYI stuff. If they played exclusively CD only songs, then it would have to be intimate shows, which I would go to of course
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:20:08 PM by GnR-NOW » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »

As much as is want to hear TWAT, most casual concert goers want to hear the AFD and UYI stuff. If they played exclusively CD only songs, then it would have to be intimate shows, which u would go to of course

Very true.  I absolutely understand the argument that you have to play the hits, and I don't even dispute it.

But I think the reality is that if you are still willing to pay to see the band in the current incarnation, you aren't all that averse to a new song.  If you are willing to pay money for travel and lodging to see this current band, is there a super argument you didn't plunk down $14 for 'Chinese Democracy'? 

I doubt that, highly.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »

As much as is want to hear TWAT, most casual concert goers want to hear the AFD and UYI stuff. If they played exclusively CD only songs, then it would have to be intimate shows, which I would go to of course

Of course they couldn't play CD exclusively, the show would only be the 14 songs long. I'm happy to have AFD and UYI songs being played too, and I agree that is indeed what most folks want to hear. However, do the Solos, Riff Raff, Attitude, or Raw, Seeker, or the jams appear on AFD or UYI? So if they're already doing non AFD or UYI music, I would venture to guess that most people would rather hear CD tracks instead. And again, just my thoughts, the handful of CD songs I listed are WAY better then any of that stuff.

The only thing I can think of is that Axl and the band aren't happy with the way the band performs those songs live. They all said they really enjoy playing the new material, so that's not it. The whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. CD wasn't exactly the hottest album ever to release, I just feel like the time would be better spent putting that album in the hands and minds of as many people as possible, by playing the songs live to the people that showed up. There's a lot of people who don't even know CD exists, hard as that is for us to believe. Every time I told anyone that my wife and I were going to see GNR in Vegas, the first question was, "Is Axl still in the Band", OR, "Is Slash still in the Band"? That gives you an idea of what everyday people know of current GNR. And many of the attendees I saw and spoke to in Vegas weren't Mega Fans like us. That's an opportunity missed.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2014, 08:54:37 PM »

4 years ago the sets had more CD.

I was about 5 back from the stage for the 28th and 31st and was at the sound board for the 30th and beside the fans on the rail, most of the people around me, seemed lost when a CD tune came on.  I think they have adjusted for that.

And yes people I have talked to, even on the floor still ask about old members.  Some didn't even understand why Duff being there was such a big deal.  Something you have to deal with.

Despite that....they were amazing shows!

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »

No doubt, great shows! Loved it, and would travel to Vegas again if they do it next year.

As far as the new stuff... Lost maybe, but a way to get them Found is to actually play the songs. Most music takes repetition to build familiarity, and through familiarity comes an appreciation for the music. There are also those songs you hear once, and fall in love right away. A hypothetical, but maybe they play IRS and someone hears it and loves it enough to find out what it was, and actually buys CD. Now they're a fan of New Guns! And that may have happened with the 4 CD tracks they did play. Someone hears The Seeker... and maybe they buy a "new" WHO album  Grin
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »

As much as is want to hear TWAT, most casual concert goers want to hear the AFD and UYI stuff. If they played exclusively CD only songs, then it would have to be intimate shows, which u would go to of course

Very true.  I absolutely understand the argument that you have to play the hits, and I don't even dispute it.

But I think the reality is that if you are still willing to pay to see the band in the current incarnation, you aren't all that averse to a new song.  If you are willing to pay money for travel and lodging to see this current band, is there a super argument you didn't plunk down $14 for 'Chinese Democracy'? 

I doubt that, highly.

Most people seeing the shows didn't make a special trip to Vegas to see them.  I would think the ajority of people seeing them find out GN'R has a residency that just so happens to be taking place during the dates they planned their vacation and so see a GN'R show instead of cirque du soleil.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »

And yes people I have talked to, even on the floor still ask about old members.  Some didn't even understand why Duff being there was such a big deal.  Something you have to deal with.
[/quote]

That is amazing!  Guns n Roses is the best kept secret in the world of music!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2014, 11:46:45 PM »

That is amazing!  Guns n Roses is the best kept secret in the world of music!

[/quote]

Maybe they weren't fans but just people going to a concert. 3 years ago I wouldn't have known who Duff even was, never heard of him or Izzy, Steven, Dizzy. Now I know them all, most of their old songs & most of Chinese Democracy & if only, if only Axl would sing ITW & it was caught on film I would be in my element. I also would be if Duff made an appearance at my concert - so does that make me a 'true fan' or a 'casual fan' ?  Undecided

Since late 2011 I've learnt most of the songs, bought 3 released cd's, downloaded heaps of concerts, been to a concert & met most of the band. I still have people ask if Slash is in the band though, so when people talk about diehard fans I wonder what category I'm in.   Huh

Hope everyone enjoys tonight's show & we get much more info coming out of it with pics & videos. Sitting here waiting all afternoon for photos  ok
Shiratamaniax
Headliner

« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:37 AM »

dolphines-san

I think you are diehard Gunner peace
Not how LONG it is, but how Deep it is, is what matters!!

ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ 銃&薔薇ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: