Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?  (Read 63575 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »

More & more, it looks like after the botched release of Chinese Democracy, Axl even called 2009 "the worst year of my life", I really feel like Axl put GNR on autopilot.

He seems content to let Fernando & Beta schedule sporadic touring, while not doing a heck of a lot on the GNR front in between. 

Who knew five years ago when he said "No idea and don't care." in regard to when the next album was coming, how heart-attack serious he was being?  Sad.

About sums it up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »

A contract is a 2 way street. And if Interscope is not doing their part then Axl should look for some other company that will be more helpful and more interested in his band and his music.

In an ideal world, yes. Without knowing anything about it, it's easy to see how the last experience wasn't a good one for the band. It's not that far fetched to assume the band wants some kind of guarantees before delivering a new album to the same people as last time. Maybe there's a Catch-22 thing going on here.

More & more, it looks like after the botched release of Chinese Democracy, Axl even called 2009 "the worst year of my life", I really feel like Axl put GNR on autopilot.

He seems content to let Fernando & Beta schedule sporadic touring, while not doing a heck of a lot on the GNR front in between. 

Who knew five years ago when he said "No idea and don't care." in regard to when the next album was coming, how heart-attack serious he was being?  Sad.

Must be "nice" to put out the album everyone said would never come out only to have the record label completely ignore it. While some of his fans are already asking what about the next one weeks after the album they "always wanted" was released.... Wonder why he would say such things under those conditions....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »

A contract is a 2 way street. And if Interscope is not doing their part then Axl should look for some other company that will be more helpful and more interested in his band and his music.

In an ideal world, yes. Without knowing anything about it, it's easy to see how the last experience wasn't a good one for the band. It's not that far fetched to assume the band wants some kind of guarantees before delivering a new album to the same people as last time. Maybe there's a Catch-22 thing going on here.

Must be "nice" to put out the album everyone said would never come out only to have the record label completely ignore it. While some of his fans are already asking what about the next one weeks after the album they "always wanted" was released.... Wonder why he would say such things under those conditions....

/jarmo

You make it sound like Axl did such a great thing by getting Chinese out because "everyone" said it wasn't coming out.  Wow Axl, we are so blessed that you made it possible to get that album out.  I can't believe the amount of pressure you must have been under.  Wait, wasn't the reason why people said it would never come out, was because of your tinkering/perfectionism/etc in the first place??

Ohhhh, that is so horrible that fans would ask about other albums.  I feel for you Axl, you have it sooo tough!  Although, weren't you the one who always said you had multiple albums worth of material??  How dare fans ask about other albums.  I feel so sorry for you Axl. 

Stop jarmo, just stop!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:58:04 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2014, 07:32:20 PM »

I'm supposed to believe a man as vengeful and petty as Axl Rose is suffering in silence as he is prevented from doing something he wants to do?

You keep saying this and people have responded pointing out the flaws in your argument but you just ignore what's said and repeat yourself in a different thread.  What's up with that??

Luckily, there's a copy n' paste function.  Here you go...

I have to ask something.

Axl has shown himself over the years to be a fairly petty and often vengeful man.  And look, please don't tell me about the story you heard about the guy that met him at a bar and he was just delightful.  You all know what I'm getting at.  People that cross Axl tend to get both barrels.

So how is it that so many people seem to be able to double cross him and fuck him over, and he takes it all in stride and suffers in silence?  Does that make sense?  The jerkoff label, crooked promoters, scheming managers, etc.  They all do him wrong, and he lets it slide.  Even if he's the one that takes the brunt of the public flack, he never speaks out.

That doesn't catch any of you...off guard, at all?

Not exactly sure what you're getting at.  Caught off guard by what?

Nobody's a saint but say like over the past ten years, I'd bet that better than 85% of the people that Axl's worked with or associated with or interacted with have had a very positive opinion of him and the experience.  And there's a lot of interviews/articles that back that up. 

Now that's not to say he doesn't have his detractors or that he doesn't have faults or doesn't deliberately bring on some of the shit himself.

IMO he doesn't come across as the petty, vengeful, come-at-you-with-both barrels-ablazin' person he maybe once was, but make no mistake, he hasn't exactly sat quietly by and suffered in silence when people attempt to derail/destroy what he wants GNR to be.  Just google "GNR and ... Azoff / Eagles of Death Metal / that girl from the other forum / Mike Piazza / etc".

We have zero knowledge of what Axl/GNR is contractually obligated to do OR what Axl wants to do or not do so it's kinda impossible to gauge or judge if he's being petty/vengeful or if he's being a martyr or if he's reacting as any businessman/human-being would under those circumstances.

P.S.  Add Robin to the list of people who have a positive opinion of Axl and the experience.  ok
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65634.msg1360630#msg1360630

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »

You make it sound like Axl did such a great thing by getting Chinese out because "everyone" said it wasn't coming out.  Wow Axl, we are so blessed that you made it possible to get that album out.  I can't believe the amount of pressure you must have been under.  Wait, wasn't the reason why people said it would never come out, because of your tinkering/perfectionism/etc in the first place??

Well he proved everybody who said so wrong.  Tongue

Ohhhh, that is so horrible that fans would ask about other albums.  I feel for you Axl, you have it sooo tough!  Although, weren't you the one who always said you had multiple albums worth of material??  How dare fans ask about other albums.  I feel so sorry for you Axl. 

You don't think it's kinda ironic that for years we heard these fans say "all we need is the album" only to use their first opportunity to ask Axl anything to ask about when the next one is coming out.... I think it's somewhat telling of how some fans think. That's all.

Stop jarmo, just stop!

You wish.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2014, 08:30:12 PM »

Catch-22 would be a nice name for the next album

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »

You make it sound like Axl did such a great thing by getting Chinese out because "everyone" said it wasn't coming out.  Wow Axl, we are so blessed that you made it possible to get that album out.  I can't believe the amount of pressure you must have been under.  Wait, wasn't the reason why people said it would never come out, because of your tinkering/perfectionism/etc in the first place??

You don't think it's kinda ironic that for years we heard these fans say "all we need is the album" only to use their first opportunity to ask Axl anything to ask about when the next one is coming out.... I think it's somewhat telling of how some fans think. That's all.

Stop jarmo, just stop!

You wish.

/jarmo

Jarmo, 90% of the hard core fans had 90% of the album they'd be waiting for, can you fault them to wonder about the other 2 Chinese albums they were told about ! ?

Here in Ontario Canada there were tv ads for Chinese Democracy and they were pretty good too, thats one thing record the label did for promotion.

Good post damnthehaters....had to be said.  I'm as big a fan of  Axl as you can get, but sometimes Jarmo is a little much !  hihi
gnrfan1797
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2014, 12:02:19 AM »

Some people take this shit to seriously, like they work for the record company or something. I wouldn't want to be pressured into anything if I knew I didn't own my own songs.

And as for me, I'll take whatever GNR i can get when i can get it.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2014, 12:05:09 AM »

The bottom line is this, if GNR isn't planning on releasing music, than tell us.  Most people would move on.  If you do plan on releasing music, than release it for Gods sake.  Their are multiple avenues to let music be heard. 
[/quote]

Do you want Axl to tell you when he's going to the bathroom as well?
gnrfan1797
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »

Stop jarmo, just stop!

You wish.

/jarmo

I guess people never read your disclaimer  Huh
Princess Leia
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2014, 04:16:39 AM »

The bottom line is this, if GNR isn't planning on releasing music, than tell us.  Most people would move on.  If you do plan on releasing music, than release it for Gods sake.  Their are multiple avenues to let music be heard. 

Do you want Axl to tell you when he's going to the bathroom as well?
[/quote]

Yes!!! Going to the bathroom is underrated. See, Freddie Mercury wrote Crazy Little Thing Call Love in the bathroom. So the bathroom deserves credit from time to time  hihi

jokes asides. Look my life doesn?t revolve around a new GN?R album. Far from being my number one priority. However we know there are many songs that have been recorded. We know the title of some these songs. Besides Axl has a band, they are touring. It would make more sense to tour with an album at some point. If for whatever reason Axl can?t make a new album. I think he should be honest and fair about it.  On the other hand if they are working on an album as we speak then let the fans know about it. I?m not asking for a release date. But at least tell fans to look forward to something. If the band want fans to buy tickets and merch then give them some information in return.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2014, 05:08:09 AM »

Look, a football manager doesn't do the laundry in public when he's under contract, even if the owners/chairman is assholes.

That might be the situation Axl's in. Even if the relationship is sour, it doesn't gain a new release if Axl complain about Interscope before it's out. It doesn't gain us neither.

All you need is just a little patience....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2014, 10:55:39 PM »

Catch-22 would be a nice name for the next album

'2000 Intentions' was a hilarious title.  Shame it didn't work out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2014, 07:13:51 AM »

So who signed this contract? If it's bad for GNR, that's only Axl fault and his management.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »

So who signed this contract? If it's bad for GNR, that's only Axl fault and his management.
Whoa, hold on there Jethro.  We're talking about a contract that was signed something like 22 years ago.

A contract that we obviously have no idea what it entails. 

A contract that allowed for not only years and years of changes to production, management, artists and God-only-knows what else but also allowed 'whomever' to force a release before either side was satisfied with the end product or how to effectively release/promote it.

We have no idea how the changes to the personnel on either side over the years affected the contract. 

We have no idea how many albums are to be released to satisfy the contract. 

You asked "So who signed this contract?".
The answer is BOTH SIDES signed it.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »

Well, I can tell you this much.  If, at the very least, the setlists during the upcoming tour contain at least a couple new songs (and I'm not talking about throwing another Illusion era song into the mix or adding 'Riad') it will show that they're at least trying to move in the direction of another release.

If not... nervous
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »

I think the answer lies in this link:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=louis+osbourne&oq=louis+os&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.3310j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#q=axl+rose+net+worth

Axl Rose has an estimated net worth of over 150 million dollars. He does not need to release new music. I am not implying he doesn't care about the fans, or the ones who helped him get where he is now (music fans), but he can simply do everything on his own terms. And I think that's what he is doing right now. And I can really understand that! Even though I have a 9 - 5 job, and am far from rich or independent. But it's what I would do if I were rich: only do things on my own terms.

If the record company does not want to release his music, why should he care? I hope he sits it out, and waits until that moment they let him go, and he can release music on his own terms, in his own way.

Axl Rose is the sincerest musician/rock star I have seen so far: he makes his art the only way he wants to.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2014, 05:42:44 PM »

There's no doubt that he's a rich guy. He has made his money again by touring. However, if he goes through another period of inactivity then he can easily be bankrupt. He had to sell his share in rights of  AFD in order to avoid  bankruptcy.   Additionally,  look at how he rented an apartment in Tribeca and never lived there, recently. It's hard to make money, but easy to lose it. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »

If certain rock stars suddenly became as apathetic as Axl seemingly is about putting out new music just because they're rich and can do as they damn well please, we'd be in a pretty depressing place right now musically.

And, yes, what some people around here consider integrity, I consider apathy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:54:29 PM by sofine11 » Logged
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »

"He had to sell his share in rights of  AFD in order to avoid  bankruptcy."

Is this true? I don't recall that being the reason...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: