Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?  (Read 63695 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:29 AM »

Actually, at this point, and for the past few years, I don't want a new album, at least under the terms of releasing it on a major label, at all. If GNR was free from any contractual point with a label, and can do things on their own terms, that would be a better album, no matter what the song qualities are. Is it me, or are most parts just toxic or comatose by this point?

I think you raise an interesting point. "On their own terms". This is something that comes with integrity. I think Axl Rose is an artist who has lots of it.
Seems like this is sometimes forgot about. Like integrity isn't important as long as you put out music for the fans to enjoy.

Well, in defense of the rabble rousing complainers, we don't all get to go on tour with them.  Not really an apples to apples situation, you know?

Is my different point of view an issue for you?

Like this shit show is our preference on how things should run.

You refer to your favorite band as a shit show? Because they don't do things according to your wishes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »

It's a valid question. Some fans who "needed" Chinese Democracy to make their lives better forgot about the album pretty soon because it turned out it wasn't what they "wanted".

Some fans seem to be fans of a GN'R that doesn't exist. "I'm a fan... But I don't like this, this, this, this and that about the band". It's just somewhat puzzling how many things you don't like about a band and yet you're still a fan.

Then you have fans who rarely, if ever, manage to say anything nice about the band. But they want a new album.....

/jarmo

You can consider me of those fans, and thats quite alright.... I am a fan of Axl Rose.. that is why i want a new album... I could care less about the other people in the band and I could care less about how many times they perform in brazil and I could care less about how evil the record label is anymore...

but Axl is my guy when it comes to entertainment...and I want to be entertained... I think due to ur personal relationships with these people you forget that we dont have those relationships....and dont give a shit about how they might feel... why would we? dont know them and they dont know me

we are FANS ... im sorry if being an Axl Rose fan doesnt equate to the way he/they/you want us to be fans , sugar coating the whole process

you wont see me posting about axl's lovelife, or his weight or why he walks around with that 500 dollar cane lol ...all not important.. just like to see a new record with songs we all know are out there in some form and one goddam DVD !!!!!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »

Is my different point of view an issue for you?

Not at all. And I have said many times on many sites that in a moment of pure honesty, not a one of us would not have accepted the deal you got going on.

But, having said that, despite the bravado in your sig, not a living soul actually believes that routine.  Your point of view is the band's point of view, always.  Is what it is.

You refer to your favorite band as a shit show? Because they don't do things according to your wishes.

That is an inaccurate takeaway from that comment.

I refer to the way the operation has been run for the past 10 years or so as a shit show, because its the only logical conclusion.  They are my favorite band to listen to, no question about it.  But the way they run the business side of their operation is comically inept.  Its basically a blueprint of how NOT to do things.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2014, 10:40:04 AM »

You can consider me of those fans, and thats quite alright.... I am a fan of Axl Rose.. that is why i want a new album... I could care less about the other people in the band and I could care less about how many times they perform in brazil and I could care less about how evil the record label is anymore...

So you're not one of those "this band needs to make an album together to prove they're a real band" people?

But, having said that, despite the bravado in your sig, not a living soul actually believes that routine.  Your point of view is the band's point of view, always.  Is what it is.

Funny.

How exactly do you see this happening in real life? I mean, what I post and how it relates to the "band's point of view"?
I'd love to hear some of your theories about this.

That is an inaccurate takeaway from that comment.

I refer to the way the operation has been run for the past 10 years or so as a shit show, because its the only logical conclusion.  They are my favorite band to listen to, no question about it.  But the way they run the business side of their operation is comically inept.  Its basically a blueprint of how NOT to do things.

Last ten years? So you're not supposed to release an album, tour, do interviews, launch an official web site, have a fan club and go back to play places where you had "issues" in the past. for example.

I just remembered the old frustration thread we had for people like yourself.... Maybe we need a new one.... hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:43:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »

So you're not one of those "this band needs to make an album together to prove they're a real band" people?

/jarmo

i really dont care what they do as far that goes... obviously Axl has shown no interest in doing a new album with these guys to his point... thats up to him really...

i just want something at this point.... yeah in a perfect world ... I think they would/should make new music...the lead guitarist has even said it... but lets be real... not happening any time soon

so ill take any record Axl wants to give us now

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2014, 10:49:04 AM »

And how about this one, it's a classic: Do you feel like you're owed an album? And if so, whats the reason(s)?

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »

And how about this one, it's a classic: Do you feel like you're owed an album? And if so, whats the reason(s)?

/jarmo

yes I am owed an album : )

you can tell that to Axl for me lol

i really dont know where that notion of fans being owed came from..... the minute people dont want a new album ro stop going tot he shows... then i guess itll be all over.... luckily for Axl that wont happen... he is too talented and has some real die hards like myself

agree to disagree i guess..... i like you jarmo... i respect what you do here

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:58:39 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:08 AM »

How exactly do you see this happening in real life? I mean, what I post and how it relates to the "band's point of view"?
I'd love to hear some of your theories about this.

I've told you this several times.

If you ever veered out of lock step with a band position, that news would ring out on every GNR board on the net.  People would think it was a bullshit story, and they would rush over here right quick to see for themselves.  It would be that newsworthy of an event.

Even you simply dropping an innocuous "yeah, that maybe could have been handled better" would be a pick your jaw back up shocker.  You find fault with nothing.  You hide behind lame rationale like "it doesn't matter what I think" to avoid having to say anything critical.

Honest assessment?  I think in a quiet moment, you likely think some things are mishandled.   Are you ever going to say that publically?  Absolutely not.  You are on a gravy train with biscuit wheels and you aren't rolling the dice on derailing that train for anything.  And once again, I don't see the flaw in that thinking, given your prime slot in the GNRverse.  But you insult our intelligence with this "I'm just speaking for me" bit, and nevermind how it NEVER deviates from a sunshine assessment of current affairs.  

We're not fools, Jarmo.  We all know the score.

I just remembered the old frustration thread we had for people like yourself.... Maybe we need a new one....

Is that like a "free speech zone" they set up at political events for the people with signs?  The cages far away from the actual event?  Did this thread have its own folder you had to struggle to even find?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:07 AM »

No.  But its illogical to suggest a fan would not like to have one. 

Quentin Tarantino is my favorite director.  I don't sit around saying, damn, I sure hope he doesn't make any more movies.

Roger Federer is probably my favorite athlete.  I have never found myself saying I wish he didn't play in tournaments.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2014, 11:18:58 AM »

Quentin Tarantino is my favorite director.  I don't sit around saying, damn, I sure hope he doesn't make any more movies.

Roger Federer is probably my favorite athlete.  I have never found myself saying I wish he didn't play in tournaments.

yup yup and yup

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2014, 11:19:52 AM »

So wait, because I see things differently, I'm scared to say what I "really think"?
Nice one.

The whole "things could've been handled differently" thing. Things that happened in the past, I don't dwell on them. If something didn't go as planned, you learn from it and move on. I don't see the point in making some kind of lists of things that happened or didn't happen according to my liking, when I might know the reason(s) why or I have no fucking clue about the subject. "I know this happened because of that and I understand the chain of events, but I don't like it!". I guess that kind of thinking makes some people happier. So they can tell the world they're not happy about something. Like the weather...

Just like I don't think about the 2003 or 2005 F1 seasons thinking about what Kimi should've done differently to have won the championships. It's in the past, dwelling on it won't change the past.

As a fan, 2008 to now has been a big improvement compared to say the late 1990s. Just because they didn't release a new album recently doesn't make everything shit and depressing. Not to me at least.

You think I'm stupid. It's ok.
As fans, of course we want out favorite band to release new music. Or new anything.

There's a difference in wanting new music and feeling like you're owed it though. One is positive, the other is something negative.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:23:23 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »

So wait, because I see things differently, I'm scared to say what I "really think"?
Nice one.

You are free at any time to express an opinion different from the company line.  Unless there is some reason you'd rather not, of course.

As a fan, 2008 to now has been a big improvement compared to say the late 1990s. Just because they didn't release a new album recently doesn't make everything shit and depressing. Not to me at least.

So your argument is that what we have now beats complete silence for years at a time.  I doubt anyone disagrees.  But talk about a low bar, no?

You think I'm stupid. It's ok.
As fans, of course we want out favorite band to release new music. Or new anything.

There's a difference in wanting new music and feeling like you're owed it though. One is positive, the other is something negative.

Wow, lot of strawmen here.

I have never once called you stupid.  Nor have I ever said I was owed anything, and just expressly told you that was not the case.

You constantly prop up those phony arguments to knock down though.  Lame.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:27:52 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »

You are free at any time to express an opinion different from the company line.  Unless there is some reason you'd rather not, of course.

I say what I want to. It's my opinion. Nobody else's.
Unless my post says: "________ thinks that", or I prove a source for/a link to what I post, it's my opinion.

So your argument is that what we have now beats complete silence for years at a time.  I doubt anyone disagrees.  But talk about a low bar, no?

I'm talking about things improving. You can't disagree with that.

Low bar? Which one works better for you? Going from nothing to what we have and being happy, or going from nothing to this and being upset that you didn't get what you wanted?

I have never once called you stupid.

When you need to point out to me (a fan) that fans want new material, it's kinda assuming I must be stupid for not realizing that.

Nor have I ever said I was owed anything, and just expressly told you that was not the case.

You constantly prop up those phony arguments to knock down though.  Lame.

If you read my original question, you would see where the owed thing came from. But you ignored it, and then attack me for bringing it back up.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »

I say what I want to. It's my opinion. Nobody else's.
Unless my post says: "________ thinks that", or I prove a source for/a link to what I post, it's my opinion.

And the fact it never deviates...ever...just one of life's happy little accidents?

And the fact that when the "complaints, complaints, complaints" start up, you've never seen one with any merit, just another coincidence?

Roles reversed, you buying that?  Wait, let me guess - "It wouldn't matter what you thought".  Something like that?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2014, 11:58:08 AM »

All I know is, when this band started touring Chinese in 09, whenever asked about the next album they would usually chuckle and say something like "I promise, it won't take as long...We've recorded so much!...etc."

The recording process for Chinese started in 1998, and ultimately took 10 years to put out when all was said and done, with another album supposedly ready to go soon thereafter. This year, it'll be 6 years since Chinese Democracy dropped, with still no sign of the next one.

Are we really seeing an improvement here?  What's the friggin' problem this time?

Draining, really.  confused
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:14:10 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »

Do you believe in conspiracies?

My point of view is different from yours. For example, some people are concerned about what the people of the Internet will think of them, I don't. So something like that will obviously give that person a different point of view.

The funny thing is that time after time you make these claims, yet offer no proof of it being true, only "it must be true because I say so".

Do you honestly think I know what everybody in the band or working for the band thinks of every single issue I comment on?

I just think the constant whining about shit, without even a hint of trying to be constructive, is a waste of time. That's just me. I didn't check what the band thinks about that. Sorry.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »

Do you honestly think I know what everybody in the band or working for the band thinks of every single issue I comment on.

You really want my honest opinion?  Fine, here it is.

I think if you strayed too far off the reservation, you would get a talking to.  And I think you know this full well, so you don't rock the boat, lest jeopardize your spot in the overall infrastructure.

That's what I think.  Might as well lay all the cards on the table, as they say.  Enough tap dancing around it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:21:20 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »

Really? Cheesy

How do they keep track of what I say? How would this talking to materialize?

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »

Really? Cheesy

How do they keep track of what I say? How would this talking to materialize?

/jarmo

We have seen what happens when certain well-known admins step on management/GNR's toes.  It gets ugly. And they absolutely keep tabs on you guys.  Ab-so-fucking-lutely.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »

Can I ask a question:

Why does every discussion have to descend into a dissertation about jarmo, his opinions, and whether he's objective or not?

Because, honestly, it's right fucking boring.  And it has nothing to do with GnR, really.

If you think jarmo is a lacky, and is being intellectually dishonest...give that due weight to his opinions and move on.

If you think jarmo is giving his honest opinion, and is being straight forward...give that due weight to his opinions and move on.

The constant gamesmanship has gotten old. We get it. You don't think he's credible.  You think he's a lackey.  True or not, you've made your opinion known. You're not doing any one any favors by beating it into the ground, you're not "educating" anyone, and you're not doing a public service to the net by continuing on the seemingly personal crusade against him.  And yes, I know..you'll now insist it's not personal.  I'm telling you: Your posts tell a different story, whether it's the one you want told or not.

Move the fuck on, already.....everybody gets it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:50:05 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: