Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?  (Read 63479 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »

This is what I was referring to: http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1419426/axl-rose-signs-to-sanctuary-publishing. I had thought that Axl sold his rights to AFD. This caused Slash and Duff not to get the royalty checks.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »

This is what I was referring to: http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1419426/axl-rose-signs-to-sanctuary-publishing. I had thought that Axl sold his rights to AFD. This caused Slash and Duff not to get the royalty checks.

"Dozens of new tracks"    drool
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »

"He had to sell his share in rights of  AFD in order to avoid  bankruptcy."

Is this true? I don't recall that being the reason...

it was never officially titled as being THE reason. however Axl said himself in 12/2008 that dropping the GN'R name would have been financial suicide - at least for living his lifestyle. also during that time of the publishing deal, Geffen stopped financial support for CD.
and Merck also told about touring being an important money maker for Axl & Co. apparently money is an issue for Axl he cant ignore too much.

Re-Union time, baby!!
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2014, 03:29:57 PM »

Personally I hope we get a couple new songs on these shows. It would be nice if the band did a couple new songs to do and tide us long time fans over.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2014, 06:29:07 PM »

Merck also told about touring being an important money maker for Axl & Co.

Touring is important for most bands.
Where do you think Metallica makes their money from? It's not from 3D concert action movies or Orion Music festivals. Somehow they have to pay to do those things....
By the way, they didn't release a new album since 2008 and they'll go out on tour later this year...  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »

Merck also told about touring being an important money maker for Axl & Co.

Where do you think Metallica makes their money from? It's not from 3D concert action movies or Orion Music festivals. Somehow they have to pay to do those things....
By the way, they didn't release a new album since 2008 and they'll go out on tour later this year...  Smiley

/jarmo

I would counter that point by asking how many albums do they have? Didn't they RELEASE a MOVIE recently? How often did they deviate from their original lineup?Have they been keeping their fans informed about what's going on? Just making points since you are comparing Metallica to GNR. Smiley   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »

I'm not comparing. I was just pointing out that even the band that's considered the biggest metal band around needs to tour to make money.
Touring as a way to generate income is not something specific to GN'R, no matter what some might want you to believe by labeling GN'R's tours as "cash grabs" and whatever nonsense they can come up with.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »

Ok. Fair enough. I see your point there.
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »

sometimes its strange that people like to talk in parable and theoretical terms... isnt it just easier to ask a straight question get a straight answer?

Jarmo:

1) Do you know more about GNR album plans than we do but can't talk about them? (No harm in a yes or no, as an insider I find it hard to believe you wouldnt know anything at all)

2) Have you heard new music? (same as above)

Please don't answer that you don't know unless that is genuinely the truth, I know and agree that it isnt your place to say anything, but answering these questions isnt really revealing plans or anything of the sort.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »

sometimes its strange that people like to talk in parable and theoretical terms... isnt it just easier to ask a straight question get a straight answer?

Jarmo:

1) Do you know more about GNR album plans than we do but can't talk about them? (No harm in a yes or no, as an insider I find it hard to believe you wouldnt know anything at all)

2) Have you heard new music? (same as above)

Please don't answer that you don't know unless that is genuinely the truth, I know and agree that it isnt your place to say anything, but answering these questions isnt really revealing plans or anything of the sort.

Wow.  Not only do you not see the harm in answering yes or no to questions that if he does know "but can't talk about them" and "isn't (his) place to say anything" but you're already insinuating that he isn't going to be telling the genuine truth if he doesn't give the answer you want to hear.

Priceless. Truly priceless.  rofl

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FootSoldier
Headliner

« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:26 PM »

if he doesnt want to answer them then thats his choice, there is no malice behind my questions, i have met Jarmo multiple times and i would hope he would think of me as a polite and courteous fan of the band. the point i am trying to make with that post is no one asks direct questions, and your patronizing tone is not appreciated. i am not an idiot.

am i requesting details? no. I am not even asking if the plans relate to an album being released or not released purely that there is talk ongoing. (too many differing stories from band members, yet nothing from anyone else in the camp, or connected to the camp)

Jarmo, answer as you wish.

---GNR---
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, but Metallica doesn't have another finished album that was supposed to drop the following year that's been collecting dust for the last five plus years now.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2014, 12:30:53 AM »

the point i am trying to make with that post is no one asks direct questions
And the point I'm trying to make is that asking questions, direct or otherwise, to someone who you say you "know and agree that it isn't (his) place to say anything" is ridiculous!  And if he (or anyone) does know the answers but was asked not to talk about them, why would he betray their confidence and talk about them??

And just imagine how insane (and not in a good way) the internet would go if he were to answer those two particular questions you asked?  Doesn't matter if he answers yes or no to either or both, he'd be lambasted beyond belief!!!  Even you already insinuated you won't believe him if he doesn't give the answer you want.  "Please don't answer that you don't know unless that is genuinely the truth".  He would be labeled either a liar or attention seeker or worse!

am i requesting details? no. I am not even asking if the plans relate to an album being released or not released purely that there is talk ongoing. (too many differing stories from band members, yet nothing from anyone else in the camp, or connected to the camp)
There's talk going on but you want someone other than the band members to answer your questions because you don't like that even the actual band members have different perspectives on the band's plans??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FootSoldier
Headliner

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »

the point i am trying to make with that post is no one asks direct questions
And the point I'm trying to make is that asking questions, direct or otherwise, to someone who you say you "know and agree that it isn't (his) place to say anything" is ridiculous!  And if he (or anyone) does know the answers but was asked not to talk about them, why would he betray their confidence and talk about them??

And just imagine how insane (and not in a good way) the internet would go if he were to answer those two particular questions you asked?  Doesn't matter if he answers yes or no to either or both, he'd be lambasted beyond belief!!!  Even you already insinuated you won't believe him if he doesn't give the answer you want.  "Please don't answer that you don't know unless that is genuinely the truth".  He would be labeled either a liar or attention seeker or worse!

There's talk going on but you want someone other than the band members to answer your questions because you don't like that even the actual band members have different perspectives on the band's plans??

all I can say is you are placing intention onto my questions that was not there and never intended to be.

please dont tell me what I am or am not trying to do and why or why not I am trying to do it, you don't know me and your assumptions about my motives are incorrect.

Jarmo, please feel free to PM me if you want if my questions are unreasonable.

for anyone who is thinking I am after an essay about when how and why, I honestly would expect nothing more than a "It's been talked about but other than that I dont know anything, or "It's been talked about but thats all I can say" and "Yes I have/No I have not heard new music that the public hasnt heard"

If Jarmo answers that he doesnt know, I will believe him that he doesnt know. I'm not calling anyone a liar.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:47:20 AM by FootSoldier » Logged

---GNR---
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2014, 08:11:11 AM »

I know the same as you. That Axl wanted to release the next album roughly a year after Chinese, which is what he said in his online chats back then.

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2014, 11:09:02 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, but Metallica doesn't have another finished album that was supposed to drop the following year that's been collecting dust for the last five plus years now.

Also, Metallica's letting its fans pick the setlist for their next tour, as a treat for their fans. That's pretty f'ing cool...and here we are hoping for 2-3 new songs without a clear definition of what "new" means.   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-to-let-fans-pick-setlist-for-european-shows/

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2014, 12:08:11 PM »

/jarmo

Also, Metallica's letting its fans pick the setlist for their next tour, as a treat for their fans. That's pretty f'ing cool...and here we are hoping for 2-3 new songs without a clear definition of what "new" means.   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-to-let-fans-pick-setlist-for-european-shows/

GNR has added many songs that fans wanted to hear over the last few years.  Fans spoke of Civil War, Estranged, Used to Love Her, etc.  These songs were added to their set lists.  I even remember a couple people (myself included) talking about Down On The Farm around 2006 and they played it at the show I was at in Portland.  So I wouldn't go there if I was you. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

Of course. They need a "new reason" to tour.  Wink
Last time they were in Europe, they played the Black album in full. Now it's requests. What do you think the odds are that these request shows will be different from their past tours? You expect them to stop playing their hits?

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »

/jarmo

GNR has added many songs that fans wanted to hear over the last few years.  Fans spoke of Civil War, Estranged, Used to Love Her, etc.  These songs were added to their set lists.  I even remember a couple people (myself included) talking about Down On The Farm around 2006 and they played it at the show I was at in Portland.  So I wouldn't go there if I was you. 

Uh, really?  For shits, compare the 2006 Rock am Ring setlist, found here http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2006/nurburgring-nurburg-germany-33d698ad.html with their setlist from Toronto last year, found here.  http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2013/sound-academy-toronto-on-canada-2bc6bc66.html

Pretty sure I can go there.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2014, 12:33:24 PM »

Of course. They need a "new reason" to tour.  Wink
Last time they were in Europe, they played the Black album in full. Now it's requests. What do you think the odds are that these request shows will be different from their past tours? You expect them to stop playing their hits?

/jarmo

Touche, Jarmo.  So, what's GnR's "new reason" to tour?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: