Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:35:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Getting Ready to Tour in 2014; Will Start New Record After Tour
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Getting Ready to Tour in 2014; Will Start New Record After Tour  (Read 7848 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« on: January 08, 2014, 01:18:14 PM »

Guns N' Roses are getting set to tour. The band announced on their website that they are plotting show.

Guns N' Roses announced that they'll be playing upcoming shows in Mexico and South America. Guns N' Roses say this might be the "beginning" of a larger tour that will happen this year. Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses haven't played together for years.

Starting in March, hard rock band Guns N' Roses will play a bunch of shows in in Mexico and South America to begin their 2014 tour. On their website the band said that these whos are just the beginning of a larger slate of concerts.

The Guns N' Roses tour 2014 kicks off in Mexico City on March 16 when they play the Hell y Heaven Metal Fest. Axl and the boys will share the festival stage with Korn, Rob Zombie and Twisted Sister. Kiss, who was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will also play the fest. No other venues have been released yet.

Guns N' Roses haven't put out any new music for five years. Their last album, Chinese Democracy, was their sixth. It was the first record the band released since 1991. Axl Rose says that the band doesn't want to wait as long before they put out a new record. Last year, Guns N' Roses' guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal told Rolling Stone that the band would make some new music after this slew of concerts.

He said "We just have little things on the back burner, just waiting for the right time for us to organize and make something new out of it," he said. "Hopefully we can make more music - that's what it's about."

In July 2013, Guns N' Roses played a some Canadian shows. Guns N' Roses also played a surprise show in Brooklyn at New York City's Governor's Ball and a surprise show in Brooklyn.

The Guns N' Roses show dates are:

03/16 Mexico City, Mexico

03/20 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

03/22 Belo Horizonte, Brazil

03/25 Brasilia, Brazil

03/28 Sao Paulo, Brazil

03/30 Curitiba, Brazil

04/1 Florian?polis, Brazil

04/3 Porto Alegre, Brazil

04/6 Buenos Aires, Argentina

04/9 Asuncion, Paraguay 

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/72622/20140108/guns-n-roses-getting-ready-tour-2014-will-start-new.htm

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gnrfan1797
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »

While it was something to read I find the writer of that article lacks the skill to actually write a decent article. It's one big contradiction after the other.

"Axl Rose and guns n roses haven't played together in years" Really? lol  Smiley

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

"Axl Rose and guns n roses haven't played together in years" Really? lol  Smiley

I almost stopped reading at that point rant
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 12:17:55 AM »

It is really hard to understand how or why that author would say such an idiotic thing, ignorance? Or worse?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 08:52:38 AM »

I almost stopped reading at that point rant

It's quite possibly the worst article ever written.  Also, the source for recording the new album...BBF, the one guy who admittedly has no clue/control over decisions of the band.  It's truly laughable.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »

No one seriously believes they are going to record a new album after this latest round of touring.

There is no available evidence or track record to support that stance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AFGnR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »

I'm looking forward to a New album this year.  peace
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »

Uhhhh, this is made up.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 11:07:23 AM »

No one seriously believes they are going to record a new album after this latest round of touring.

This.

Axl already has enough "finished" music for another album, and he won't even release that.  Why in the world would he hit the studio to write and record another album worth of tracks in 2014 just to subsequently hoard them as well for years on end? 

Let me go ahead and answer that:  He would not and will not.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:10:20 AM by sofine11 » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 11:54:35 AM »

What do you mean there's no evidence?  There's this article...plus a quote from a band member [commence head exploding].
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 12:53:08 PM »

While it was something to read I find the writer of that article lacks the skill to actually write a decent article. It's one big contradiction after the other.

Maybe Ironic

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 10:58:02 AM »

What a misleading title. Let's get it straight, the current lineup isn't doing shit in the way of new music.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »

What a misleading title. Let's get it straight, the current lineup isn't doing shit in the way of new music.
Yes, I think it's a given that the title basically means "we intend to work on the release of the new album after this tour". This title makes it seem like it's intended that the current band are going to write and record a new album after this tour, which we know is not happening anytime this decade.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 12:18:07 PM »

Well Richard, Dizzy & DJ have a different opinion on that to Bumblefoot.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

Perhaps this is just a case of English not being the author's first language. Or his second. Or perhaps even his third ...

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »

Guns N' Roses looking at 2014 release for new album

Could fans be listening to a new record next year?

Guns N' Roses are apparently looking at a 2014 release date for their upcoming new album, which would be their seventh studio album.

The band's guitarist Richard Fortus confirmed to Noise11.com that the band have spent a lot of time in the studio working on the new album, and that most of the songs are already completed.

He went on to say that while most of the album is done, it won't be released this year - but did say that it might be released in 2014.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/81471/guns-n-roses-looking-at-2014-release-for-new-album

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:30 AM »

The band's guitarist Richard Fortus confirmed to Noise11.com that the band have spent a lot of time in the studio working on the new album, and that most of the songs are already completed.

He went on to say that while most of the album is done

The problem is that this is both true and misleading.

Yes, the work is largely done.  But it was done, literally, years ago.  Its not like new work has been done lately to help move a release along.

In a way, Richard is being both honest and disingenuous at the same time, though not trying to be a dick.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 11:05:48 AM »

Yes, the work is largely done.  But it was done, literally, years ago.  Its not like new work has been done lately to help move a release along.

In a way, Richard is being both honest and disingenuous at the same time, though not trying to be a dick.

Yeah, that's the stock answer they?re likely instructed to say.  Richard's actually quite good at question-dodging, but making it sound like he?s given info.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 11:13:01 AM »

Yep.  As a fan hungry for new music, it's maddening to know that the next album could, literally, get announced at the drop of a dime....But, for whatever reason, there is just no movement on that front.  So much wasted time.  no
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »

How stupid do you have to be to post such a bad article here?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: