Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot doing an Ask Me Anything on Reddit (Fri Dec 27, 2013)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot doing an Ask Me Anything on Reddit (Fri Dec 27, 2013)  (Read 13374 times)
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »

There's a lot I could say here, but I'll leave it at this: Actions speak louder than words.

So because I didn't win on the lottery, it means I don't want to?  Wink

/jarmo

Winning a lottery is just a luck. Bad example.
Releasing music isn't matter of luck, it's a matter of work and will.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »

There's a lot I could say here, but I'll leave it at this: Actions speak louder than words.

/jarmo

Winning a lottery is just a luck. Bad example.

Correct.

The fact that what would have been the next album has seemingly fallen by the wayside proves someone in control just doesn't care enough to see it through.  Although some folks around here would like you to believe that a rock titan like Axl Rose is being stone-walled and who, despite his best efforts, just cannot catch a break with the label.
Princess Leia
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »

Here is a good one

Q: Why won't Axl Rose release out the remainder of the Chinese Democracy session material?

BBF: Don't know. Think it'd make a great box set chronicling a significant era in the band's history - should include interviews & footage, I think fans would love that. But that aint my call....

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »

Will of who?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »

Q:Guns are rumoured to be adding 2-3 new songs to the set. Are they new Guns originals, or what

A:Only thing I can assume is that it would be 2 - 3 songs that we haven't played live... Tongue

el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »

Will of who?

/jarmo

Axl and management.
Princess Leia
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 05:32:33 PM »

Q:We do know there are songs that aren't played since 2006 but they're in the setlists (If The World, Riad, Oh My God, Going Down). Why don't you play those songs for the sake of it?

A: Live shows are all at the mercy of the singer's throat. The throat is the boss. The throat governs the singer who governs the set list. It's a fragile irreplaceable instrument and the main focus, so all has to be done to insure the longevity of the throat. That means, cutting songs and changing orders, making sure that the throat can survive a tour. It's scar being the singer when your throat isn't at 100%, I know this first-hand, ugh. I'm lead singer in my solo stuff, done too many tours with the flu where you don't know how you're gonna make it through the night, let alone the next 20 nights... so it's all about the throat.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »

Will of who?

/jarmo

Consider that initially Axl wanted the next album out in fall 2009, which are sentiments he expressed numerous times through the Chinese Democracy saga, as far as releasing multiple albums throughout continued touring.  Do you really mean to tell me that a rock titan like Axl Rose simply has not been able to convince the label to release the next album during the last four years?  I just can't believe that's the case here.  Especially when you consider how profitable a potential release and subsequent tour would be, if done right.  

Usually, where there's smoke there's fire.  We saw that smoke in 2008 before the album dropped.  So far, we haven't seen any smoke in terms of real desire for Guns to put out another record.  Why is that?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 05:46:18 PM »

Unless told otherwise, I still believe Axl wants to release music. But I believe he wants to do it in the right way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »

Unless told otherwise, I still believe Axl wants to release music. But I believe he wants to do it in the right way.

/jarmo

I get that to a degree.  In 2014 now, the way music is distributed is constantly evolving, and the "right way" tomorrow, may not be the "right way" next month.  There reaches a point where all this waiting or trying to catch lightening in a bottle just turns into more and more wasted time. 

I just don't understand what he's holding out for at this point.
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »

/jarmo

In your opinion, Jarmo, what's the right way? 

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 06:26:23 PM »

Yeah I was wondering that too because we've seen people doing it in the nontraditional way, every which way.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »

I like Ron's attitude of making efforts to communicate with us the fans, but lately, everything he says sounds sad to me:

- when he says ''they'' when talking about the band he is a part of
- when he says they haven't complete new songs as a band since a long time ago
- when he says he wanted to leave the band several times

I mean, I appreciate his honesty and his will of speaking out... but I would love to hear from him some positive stuff about the band too

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 12:41:47 AM »

/jarmo

Come on!  Do you honestly expect us to believe that they want to release new music?  Maybe some do (like BBF) but clearly not those with decision making authority...at least not in a reasonable time frame.  Last album was out in '08, we know there are songs in the queue ready to go.  If the decision makers really wanted them out, they'd be out.

Your analogy of the lottery misses the mark.  Winning the lottery is beyond your control...GnR releasing new music is not beyond their control [insert your "you don't know because you're not behind the scenes" response here].  How long can people hide behind the other-wordly forces that are preventing them from releasing new music?  Is the record company and label that evil and anti-Guns?  Of course, I don't know the answer, but I am able to make reasonable inferences based on the information that's been presented.  Christ, you have an actual band member wanting music to be released...is BBF being an unreasonable complaining, never satisfied fan too?  Wink
I'm sorry, but you assume you know all the intricacies.  So if Axl WANTED to release music, it would be done?  The label would just do whatever Axl wanted?  They'd have no opinions of their own?  Whether it'd be profitable for them to support a new GNR album with the current players in place?  You see where I'm going with this?  Maybe it's not as easy as you originally thought.  Anyway.  Have fun bitching about things you have no control over or have no clue about, if that makes you feel better.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »

I think the notion of Axl not wanting to release new music is just as crazy as the notion of Axl actually wanting to releasing new music. There's a grey area in between that none if us, and even the current band members have any idea of.

Axl and the current management of Beta and Fernando only "really" know what's going on I feel. And until we know the facts we can't judge or demand, that's the way this band has operated since 1999 really, like it or not.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »

Instead of arguing can someone just ask Axl about it and post the answer here?   
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 09:10:24 AM »

Instead of arguing can someone just ask Axl about it and post the answer here?   

I'd say so many fans who meet him ask about new releases & don't get an answer which is the problem for many fans. Beta said there would be new music this year but with only days to go I can see that's not going to happen.

Axl never gives straight answers to anything, we just need to wait unfortunately. When people talk about how many albums gnr have done in so many years it does sound awful - Chinese Democracy is the only album released in how many years? Nothing since.

I just sit back & enjoy what is offered in concert, at least they get out and tour and hopefully we will see them really soon.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »

An AMA on Reddit with uncle Axl would be cool though, it's been a while by now since the last chats back in 2008  peace Anyway happy holiday's everyone!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »

what I understood:

- no new music created by this line up for the past 5 years (or more), and no plans for doing that
- he seems happy to be part of such a big thing like this band, but at the same time unhappy by how things works at GNR/AXL rotine. He's on board, but I think he's just doing this for the fans at this point

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »

I said it once and I'll say it again.  Part of it is that there is no one, but Axl who has a stake in the band. Whereas Slash and Duff did and pushed Axl  to get stuff done. As much as I like Bumblefoot, he doesn't have equity in the band and really can't push Axl to get things done as much as he would like to. I think there will be a point where  Bumblefoot has enough of it and quits. Judging from what was said, I just this is the inevitable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: