Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot doing an Ask Me Anything on Reddit (Fri Dec 27, 2013)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot doing an Ask Me Anything on Reddit (Fri Dec 27, 2013)  (Read 13390 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: December 26, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »

bumblefoot: Doing a @Reddit #AmA FRI DEC 27 Smiley Start time = 10am LA, 1pm NYC, 7pm Paris, 11pm Mumbai, 1am *Sat* Jakarta, 3am *Sat* Tokyo

http://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 10:52:02 PM »

What is a reddit?   Sorry I am in my late 30's and heard of it, but don't know what it is?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »

TLDR: A site with all kinds of stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlI022aUWQQ

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:01:02 AM »

This will take place in six hours.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »

Props to him.  He certainly makes himself accessible.  As a fan, its all you can ask for.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
maynard
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »

will he say "FUCK GNR!" again? I love when he does that. Or his "we should record one song before each tour but axl has no desire to do it cause he's a jerk, but i stay in the band cause of the cash anyway" one?
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »

will he say "FUCK GNR!" again? I love when he does that. Or his "we should record one song before each tour but axl has no desire to do it cause he's a jerk, but i stay in the band cause of the cash anyway" one?

He aint in it for the cash, if you havent noticed BBF goes out of his way to hang with and talk to fans.  I think the love for the fans and music in general is his motivation.

anyway not familiar with reddit, not sure how to ask anything or how to use it but just signed up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:01:13 PM by Gunsguy » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1tti1i/i_am_ron_bumblefoot_thal_solo_artist_producer_and/

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »

He aint in it for the cash, if you havent noticed BBF goes out of his way to hang with and talk to fans.  I think the love for the fans and music in general is his motivation.

Totally agree.

He consistently gives his time for stuff like this.  And we have countless stories from fans that have met him that say he was very gracious with his time and a nice guy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 01:22:48 PM »

Totally agree.

He consistently gives his time for stuff like this.  And we have countless stories from fans that have met him that say he was very gracious with his time and a nice guy.

He goes WAY outta his way all the time, stand up guy!
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »

Tongue

[?]Heisenjerk -1 pontos 52 minutos atr?s
Are you guys planning to release a new album any time soon? You're one of my favoirite guitar players out there btw
[?]TheRealBumblefoot 2 pontos 12 minutos atr?s
Thank you Smiley Honestly, I don't predict a new album soon, unless they release unreleased Chinese Democracy era songs.......... Tongue

Princess Leia
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »

I enjoyed it. I must admitted it was better than I thought. By far much better than the chat on Nightrain. Nothing earth shaken. But it was honest. I was surprised by some of his answers. For example he said his favorite GN?R song is Don?t Cry. And he said that although it is true they are hired guys. They are also allowed to be themselves.

The no so good news. Don?t expect a new album soon. Even if there is a new one it would be with CD leftovers.There is a tiny possibility of this. This current incarnation haven?t written nor recorded brand new songs. They have only exchanged some of each other?s ideas.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »

Glad to hear Ron's behind releasing the rest of the Chinese era tracks together in a special release. Been saying that for years.  Too bad Axl & management are utterly apathetic towards releasing more music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 04:33:11 PM »

Too bad Axl & management are utterly apathetic towards releasing more music.

Where did you hear this?

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »

Too bad Axl & management are utterly apathetic towards releasing more music.

Where did you hear this?

/jarmo

There's a lot I could say here, but I'll leave it at this: Actions speak louder than words.
Princess Leia
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »

Glad to hear Ron's behind releasing the rest of the Chinese era tracks together in a special release. Been saying that for years.  Too bad Axl & management are utterly apathetic towards releasing more music.

I?m glad he understand us fans. And he shares all of our concerns. He says we should enjoy what they give us. But he is clearly frustrated with a lot of things that don?t happen just as we are.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »

There's a lot I could say here, but I'll leave it at this: Actions speak louder than words.

So because I didn't win on the lottery, it means I don't want to?  Wink

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »

/jarmo

Haha, point taken.

I just mean that even if Axl & Fernando have the best of intentions and truly wish they could put out the other finished tracks, clearly someone has not taken the necessary steps to make that happen.  Otherwise, we'd both have The General playing on our itunes while we have this conversation.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 04:54:22 PM »

Totally agree.

ok + 1
He is AMAZING!!!!!!

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »

/jarmo

Come on!  Do you honestly expect us to believe that they want to release new music?  Maybe some do (like BBF) but clearly not those with decision making authority...at least not in a reasonable time frame.  Last album was out in '08, we know there are songs in the queue ready to go.  If the decision makers really wanted them out, they'd be out.

Your analogy of the lottery misses the mark.  Winning the lottery is beyond your control...GnR releasing new music is not beyond their control [insert your "you don't know because you're not behind the scenes" response here].  How long can people hide behind the other-wordly forces that are preventing them from releasing new music?  Is the record company and label that evil and anti-Guns?  Of course, I don't know the answer, but I am able to make reasonable inferences based on the information that's been presented.  Christ, you have an actual band member wanting music to be released...is BBF being an unreasonable complaining, never satisfied fan too?  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: