Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd  (Read 53942 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »

What I mean is this. Let?s say you have info or rumors about a U.S. tour next summer. You have contact with managemnet and you ask them. The answer to you and everybody should be: 1) If it is true post it in the official website. So you and the whole world get the news.

2) If it is true but details are still being working out. They can confirm and add  "more details to be announced soon. Stay tune" So we have a confirmation and we know there will be more info as soon as possible. 3) If it is not true then they can also post in their official website that there are rumors and those rumors ar false. People shouldn?t believe anything they hear, and so on

All I?m saying is I think this is a better way to do things instead of telling Jarmo or someone at Mygnrforum. And it is even worst if they announce that they are going to announce a tour, album, DVD, or whatever the announcement is about

I get it.  The problem is, logistically and realistically, it doesn't work that way.  Because the questions you're getting aren't coming from (or through) your official web site, they are coming from external sources.  No company operates that way when approached with questions from "the press". And for the purposes of this discussion, that's sort of how the Mygnrforum (some of which, at least previously, WERE members of the press) "staff" and jarmo should be considered.  Companies either answer those questions, from those sources, or they tell them they won't comment on rumors.  You get one or the other...and it varies by company (and their current marketing bent).  No company, when asked a question like that, during direct contact says: "Oh, well, I'll transcribe that question on our official web site and answer it there..when our site admin has time to get it up".  They answer it, one way or another, during the initial contact.

When it is "true" (as in, everything is scheduled and set) you likely WILL get an announcement on the official web site, too.  What we got via jarmo and mygnrforum was "extra".  It was meant and targeted toward the fanbase, not "everyone".  That's the point, and it's something Fernando has specifically, and recently, said they're going to try to do.  Get information to "us" a bit better.   This seems like it was part of that process.

You don't issue a PR (or call a presser) every time you want to "talk" to your fanbase....because, if you do, the "real" press quickly starts ignoring your PR's (for various reasons).

And they essentially did #2, above, using jarmo to disseminate the information.  And they are hardly the first to "use" an alternate mouthpiece to get the word out about something interesting to their fanbase.

If your objection is that they're using the fan forums to get information to the fans....we're going to part company in terms of opinion on that one.  It seems the most obvious place to do so, to me, along with their official fan club forum.  But, given their membership...maybe they figure they reach more fans by doing it in a more public (and "free") outlet.

Allow me to use a somewhat related example:

J.K. Rowling (you know, the lady who wrote the Harry Potter books) recently wrote a piece of detective fiction under a pseudonym.

Someone in the press ferreted it out (via rumor and some detective work), and they went to her for a response.  She honestly answered the questions, admitting she had written the book, and she promised more information would be coming soon from her publishing house on the subject. The press published their findings and her interview.

Days (close to a week) later, her publishing house issued a press release acknowledging what had happened, in an official capacity.  There was more information included in that press release, some of it which corrected some things published in the original article, and some which clarified some of what Ms. Rowling said in her interview.

I don't see much of a difference, here, other than the size and scope of the interested parties (meaning, the GnR audience is a bit smaller, so it's not the London Times, nor the NY times, running with the info).  There are some differences in specific material, and likely points of contact...but it amounts to the same thing:  A rumor being confirmed, and commented on, by an artist to their "fanbase" (which, in Ms. Rowlings case, seems to be just about everyone)  BEFORE "official" word is sent out.

How many times have you seen an artist shoot down a rumor via social media or press interview?  Or confirm one?
Followed, SOMETIMES, by a Press Release or something on their web site....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:17:46 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »

Hold it right there! I won?t tolerate to be called and liar.
Wasn't calling you a liar.  Just pointing out that your logic is flawed.

THEY WERE NOT GIVEN MORE DETAILS.
Not according to them.  What they said was that they aren't at liberty to divulge any further.
And again, I'm not questioning their info.

Jarmo clearly was told in private. Well the guys from Mygnrforum were told in private as well.
No.  Jarmo was given a flyer to post after false info was going around the forums about supposed SA dates & venues, etc.  To date, no official SA dates/venues have been confirmed by GNR or anyone else.

Do I like this kind of policy from management? Hell no!!! Management must make the official information available in the GN?R official website
MY WHOLE POINT WAS/IS, IMO this announcing announcements situation is NOT the policy of the GNR management but is the result of trying to stop all the FALSE dates/venues that have been rumored since the plan of a SA tour was leaked three weeks ago.  Management wasn't given the opportunity to announce the tour through official channels.

Shit happens.  Seems they're trying to get all their ducks in a row.  Like they said:  Information is coming soon!

The guys from Mygnrforum DON?T HAVE THE DATES OF THE SOUTH AMERICAN TOUR. They were waiting for Jarmo to make that announcement on Dec 23rd just like the rest of us.

The rumor dates were started by promoters and journalists in South America NOT by Mygnrforum. Fans at Mygnrforum just posted that those rumors were around.

Jarmo got the flyer. How do you think he got it? Management sent it to him. According to Jarmo management was going to give him the dates on Dec 23rd. If that wasn?t the case then Jarmo should have never said he was going to make an announcement. There is no need to announce you got simple flyer. Don?t you think?  Yesterday I saw in GN?R official facebook that we still don?t have the dates confirmed. And that the rumors were just bullshit. But yesterday was not Dec 23rd. What was the announcement that Jarmo was going to make? A happy Holydays?

I only see 2 possibilities. Either Jarmo misunderstood or at the last minute managemnet was told to shut the fuck up. And stop giving information away to unnofficial forums.

I?m afraid announcing announcement is or was the policy. Just last month or so ago Fernando himself issue a short statement saying that they were trying to find the best way to give us what we need the most. And that was information. That?s an announcement about making a future announcement right there.

Why are you so bothered by it all. Have you made plans to go already?

What bothers me is how management handles information/communication. We?re talking about GN?R not some garage band. They gotta be carefull with official information.But they decided to pass around or confirm information in unofficial forums first. GN?R has an official website. it?s not about my personal plans to attend shows. It?s about how things should be run.

I don?t wanna know the official news (of any kind) because management tells Jarmo or Mygnrforum.There is something called press release

And it also bothers me when people here claim that Mygnrforum administrators made things up. If they posted about the Mexico Festival, South American tour and Vegas it was because they asked management and they confirmed.

I think the band were just trying to help people on the forums that were reading provisional/rumoured tour dates by putting the official dates out there quickly, obviously it hasn't happened, so they have done the next best thing and said that the official tour dates will be released shortly.

All I can see is good intention from the band, and you are spitting fire over it, yet you are not even attending. How bizarre

You are obsessed with plans. Ok, in 2002 I planned. I bought tickets. The tour got cancelled because of a riot in Philly. No explanation whatsoever, no rescheduel, nothing. I had to stick my tickets inside my ass. I hope dude that such thing never happen to you. I don?t wish any fan that one. So much for planning, uh?

And just because I?m not going (I don?t live in SA) I can?t travel around the world at this time that doesn?t mean I?m not interested in what they are doing.

I don?t get this thing oh if you?re not going shut the fuck up. I don?t care about who is going and who is not. If people wanna say something who are you to demand they must attend the show in order to speak?  Since when going to a show is a mandatory request to speak in a forum?

I'm not obsessed with anything. I read this thread a few days ago, you were moaning. I read it again today, and you are still moaning. And you are not even going. I just don't get it, that's all. You are like one of those strange ladies you get in London who stand on traffic islands and shout and swear at the traffic lights.

All that matters is the people that will eventually go to these concerts seem quite happy, from what I have read, because the 'announcement of the announcement' is official proof for them that a South American tour is being planned with the tour dates due soon.

I?ve already knew it was true the day the people from MYgnrforum gave the info. I knew because they said they asked management and they confirmed. So I was sure. I was not concerned with the dates at all. And I?m not concerned now. I?m saying that I don?t like to get news this way. Things get messy, don?t they? Why shouldn?t I point out that things could be done in a better way? I?m not gonna say that everything is perfect and brilliant when I think it is not. I don?t mean only the tour. There is also the Vegas DVD and other things.

Once upon a time, Guns sailed their ship your way. There was no contact with the fans, and we were left to fill in the gaps ourselves. It was like Lord of the Flies

It is a warts and all experience, but I think most people would prefer the band keep a close contact with the forums and fans, beit a flawed experience sometimes.

I think my only comment would be to say your piece then move on. I am wanting to hear excited SA fans speak as well. You are attaching a big cloud with rain to the thread, which shouldn't be happening. Guns are away to tour territories south of NA, it is exciting regardless of how it is announced
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2013, 01:33:53 PM »

Once upon a time, Guns sailed their ship your way. There was no contact with the fans, and we were left to fill in the gaps ourselves. It was like Lord of the Flies

It is a warts and all experience, but I think most people would prefer the band keep a close contact with the forums and fans, beit a flawed experience sometimes.

I couldn't (and I tried) have said it any better.

If we want contact and info, we have to realize there are two sides of that coin, and accept them. In terms of quality, timeliness, and the source(s) of that info/contact.

Or we can go back to hearing nothing until they issue a PR announcing a tour, or call a presser about an album release.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:36:23 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Princess Leia
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2013, 06:10:43 PM »

I couldn't (and I tried) have said it any better.

If we want contact and info, we have to realize there are two sides of that coin, and accept them. In terms of quality, timeliness, and the source(s) of that info/contact.

Or we can go back to hearing nothing until they issue a PR announcing a tour, or call a presser about an album release.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  I understand it was wrong from their part to keep silence for so many years. And that?s why I?d like to see the band functioning in a normal way once and for all. So yes, I want official information in official forums and a press release.

P.S. Mysteron honey, you don?t give me orders. You were a lot more funny before when you were telling people you were an insider.  I always had a good laugh in those golden years of your  hihi
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:18:53 PM by Princess Leia » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »

P.S. Mysteron honey, you don?t give me orders. You were a lot more funny before when you were telling people you were an insider.  I always had a good laugh in those golden years of yore  hihi

I'll give Mysteron credit, he fooled a lot of people into thinking he was an insider.  I was reproved more than once by other posters when I dared to doubt his "credentials".   Tongue
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »

Mysteron  was an insider and helped facilitate Hammerstein presales for the fans. 

People are complaining about shows that they are not attending.  They are also complaining about shows that may still occur on their originally scheduled dates.  Obviously these shows will occur in March or later so the fact we may wait a week or two before they are announced is meaningless. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:40:39 PM by Siamese Democracy » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2013, 08:38:17 AM »

In short, I got info about an upcoming announcement and posted a heads up message.

There's no conspiracy at work here as far as I know. Something happened and the announcement was delayed.

You might think it's stupid that I posted, that's your opinion. It's easy to be critical in hindsight.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2013, 08:56:21 AM »

No one blames you, Jarmo.  They hung you out to dry, frankly.

What were you supposed to do?  Sit on the info?  Hardly.  Even with their shit track record, you are obviously going to go ahead and tell the gang once they tell you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2013, 09:23:32 AM »

It was either somewhere is Europe, Asia, or South America....maybe somewhere near Croatia?

Hungary, 2003.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »

In short, I got info about an upcoming announcement and posted a heads up message.

There's no conspiracy at work here as far as I know. Something happened and the announcement was delayed.

You might think it's stupid that I posted, that's your opinion. It's easy to be critical in hindsight.

/jarmo

That's exactly my point, call it the "something happened".  It seems that something always happened.  There was going to be a theatrical release of the London show...but then "something happended."  There was going to be a dvd of the Vegas shows...but then "something happened."  This is just another "something happened" moment.  Who knows, this time (or all the times) the something happened could be something completely out of the band's/management's control.  We'll likely never know.

But for people to dismiss it by saying it's people complaining about shows they're not going to attend is entirely narrow-sighted at best, and willful ignorance at worst.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »

I personally couldn't care less about a tour in SA as I won't be attending. Still I can see why some would be frustrated by the "announcement" debacle, as it's just another example of GN'R not being able to get out of it's own way. Some may say it's no big deal, fans are just whining as usual, and that GN'R can do nothing right in some fans minds, can't please everyone etc etc.

Others might wonder if there's anything this band can't fuck up.

Shit happens, and seems intentions were well, but the announcement that wasn't could just serve as a reminder to the big fuck bag of disfunction GN'R has become.
bad_apples
Opening Act

The Strip?

« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »

Wow I didn't realize there were so many people from South America on this board  Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2013, 03:18:58 PM »

It was either somewhere is Europe, Asia, or South America....maybe somewhere near Croatia?

Hungary, 2003.

/jarmo

Thanks!  Did a quick search to make sure that was the one I was "remembering" and that was EXACTLY it.

Together again,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2014, 03:50:21 PM »

Shit happens, and seems intentions were well, but the announcement that wasn't could just serve as a reminder to the big fuck bag of disfunction GN'R has become.
What "big fuck bag of disfuction"??   Huh   Maybe in the past but not if recent history.

Obviously nothing in business or in life is going to be 100% perfect but in the past four years, GNR have literally toured the entire world!!!  HOORAY FOR US ALL!!!

IMO, communication between the GNR camp/band members and fans continues to improve, i.e., meet n' greets, chats, etc.  As I've said numerous times, this whole announcement of the announcement thing could possibly have been averted if, three weeks ago when whomever in management confirmed the SA tour, etc., added to that confirmation something to the effect of "but please don't post it until we get solid info so as to avoid having to do damage control on false information."  The attempt at a fix hasn't turned out as they/we'd have hoped but at least they seem to be trying to get the right info out there.

As for the band sitting around together to write, I don't believe they're been doing this since like maybe 1991 if not longer.  Youze all have probably seen an interview Axl did sitting in his backyard talking about how he and Slash and the guys would call each other on the phone and say stuff like 'why don't we add this in here' or 'we should change that up there.'  My point being, this way of writing new material, to quote a cover song GNR has done in the recent past, "It's not unusual."

As far as the theater/dvd thing goes, IMO none of the previous shows should come to light in this fashion do to (again IMO) a big-time mistake in all the shows.  Hopefully it's been corrected and they can film away for release in any way, shape or form they'd like.

As for releasing a new album or a new CD era album or re-releasing CD remastered or whatever, I'm guessing the hold up is various contractual business type finagling.  Something Bumblefoot said during his tawkers.com chat kinda really points out how out-of-control these things can be.  Bumblefoot was asked by a fan named Alan if he has ever considered re-releasing his 1997 solo album Hermit

Ron's reply:
"Alan - Hermit is 100% owned by Shrapnel Recors and only they can re-release it.  I offered to remaster it, license it, manufacture it, everything, for years, but it's completely up to them..."

So with everything that Bumblefoot offered to do, he has still been unsuccessful after all these years to get his solo album re-released.  One can only imagine the obstacles something on the scale of a GNR release might be contractually up against.

Anyways.... I got my guns n' roses-colored glasses on and things are looking up from where I sit.  Cool

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »

Digging this up to say the columnist Ancelmo G?is wrote on his today's column on 'O Globo' (the biggest newspaper in Brazil) that the band is coming in MARCH for 7 concerts, starting in RIO on MARCH 20th, then going to Belo Horizonte, Bras?lia, S?o Paulo, Curitiba, Florian?polis and Porto Alegre.

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/ancelmo/posts/2014/01/03/a-coluna-de-hoje-519751.asp

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »

Nice!!!!

Hopefully these will be officially announced and confirmed soon. Smiley

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »

Florian?polis  drool

Smirnoff Ice  drool

Guns N' Roses  drool

I might miss all the shows of the tour but trust me im NOT missing the Florianopolis one, if it gets confirmed!

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2014, 03:43:23 PM »

Curitiba and Florian?polis. drool
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »

Curitiba, Porto Alegre and Florian?polis...I don't know about the greenness of their grass, but the girls there are DAYUMMMM pretty! drool

brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2014, 04:26:19 PM »

a belated happy new year everybody Florian?polis....wow...maybe this time. I would love to go back to Brazil and follow this tour. Wonder if there will some warm up shows in The US b4 they head out to Mexico.....San Fran, LA or even San Diego where they have not been...Here`s hoping to epic things in 2014. All the best everyone
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: