Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd  (Read 53916 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »

It seems like in your world, seeing the big picture and having some understanding of a situation means you're afraid to speak your mind.... In my opinion, those two aren't the same thing.  Smiley

Being afraid to speak your mind is when you never have anything bad to say, ever, and you sick the dogs of war on anyone that does.  That's being afraid to speak your mind.  100% positive, crush all dissent.

What's funny here is that I actually subscribe to your general world view on the topic of their management.  In this case, it is Axl's band and he can use who he likes.  When threads about Team Brazil needing to go come up on other boards, I don't join in.  He's going to use who he's going to use.

That doesn't mean I have to laud everything they do and never call them out when warranted.  Simply put, you are never, ever, EVER going to do that, and for obvious reasons.  Oddly, I have made the argument at other boards that if any of us were given the opportunity you were given, we likely wouldn't go out of our way to rock the boat either.  I just think credibility is really sacrificed when you feel the need to slap the hands of anyone and everyone that dares speaks out.

Logically, sheer law of averages, some of the "cool kids on the internet" have to, eventually, have a legit point.  Even by accident.  To suggest otherwise is foolishness.

You often come off like a partisan politician that would have you believe the other side has never ever, in the history of the universe, had a good idea or a legit gripe.  That mindset doesn't resonate outside the echo chamber, however.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »

Being afraid to speak your mind is when you never have anything bad to say, ever, and you sick the dogs of war on anyone that does.  That's being afraid to speak your mind.  100% positive, crush all dissent.

I speak my mind all the time. That's why some of you have the issues you do with me. If I was afraid, I'd be quiet.
I just happen to see things differently than you. So you assume it's because I'm afraid of something. Because it makes sense to you. Doesn't make it a fact or something I'd agree with.

That doesn't mean I have to laud everything they do and never call them out when warranted.  Simply put, you are never, ever, EVER going to do that, and for obvious reasons.  Oddly, I have made the argument at other boards that if any of us were given the opportunity you were given, we likely wouldn't go out of our way to rock the boat either.  I just think credibility is really sacrificed when you feel the need to slap the hands of anyone and everyone that dares speaks out.

Different points of view. Different experiences, different knowledge. Different people.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
maynard
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2013, 12:10:18 PM »

I'm from Brazil and I will make sure to not spend a single dime next year to watch this cash grab tour. Sure, you can take the money from a lot of stupid South Americans who think Slash is still in the band, not me.

1 album of original material in what? 22 years? After that? Covers album with real GNR, Real GNR greatest hits, Real GNR live album and then, the anti-climatic CD with its 14 so-so songs and endless touring. Pathetic.

Axl doesn't owe me shit but I guess I have the right to speak my mind in the band's official forum right? I'm sure BBF agrees with all I wrote. Too bad that when he mentions it, he chickens out and says it's all a joke.

Speaking of BBF, does he know there's a tour coming? LOLS! Happy new year everybody!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »

Jarmo -

The fact that you never step out of line and be critical is just that, a fact.  Its not my opinion, my spin, my take, or anything along those lines.  Its a stone cold, cannot even be debated fact of life.

As I've said previously, if you ever did step up and say anything critical, that news would ring out on every GNR board on the internet.  Even conceding someone with a beef has a point would be news.  Its also never, ever, ever going to happen, and every single one of us knows it, up to and including you.

However, end of the day, I'm just some dude on the internet and you get to travel with the band.  I am under no delusions that you give a flying shit what I think.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:17:56 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2013, 01:18:35 PM »

I'm from Brazil and I will make sure to not spend a single dime next year to watch this cash grab tour. Sure, you can take the money from a lot of stupid South Americans who think Slash is still in the band, not me.

I don't think the "stupid South Americans" will miss you at the shows. I'm sure they'll be enjoying hearing and watching their favorite band on stage while you sit and type about how much it sucks on a computer... Smiley

The fact that you never step out of line and be critical is just that, a fact.  

You're right, I'm not gonna be critical for the sake of being critical. Which seems to be the popular thing to do for some. Do you really think I need to tell the band's management I'd love to hear a new album ASAP on a weekly/monthly basis on the Internet? I'm sure they know this. I'm sure they understand what a regular GN'R fan wants.

I'm not gonna post "Well, I think they should do this and that and everyone would be happy". You know why? Because I don't assume people in or around the band are idiots....  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
maynard
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »

I don't think the "stupid South Americans" will miss you at the shows. I'm sure they'll be enjoying hearing and watching their favorite band on stage while you sit and type about how much it sucks on a computer... Smiley

You're right, I'm not gonna be critical for the sake of being critical. Which seems to be the popular thing to do for some. Do you really think I need to tell the band's management I'd love to hear a new album ASAP on a weekly/monthly basis on the Internet? I'm sure they know this. I'm sure they understand what a regular GN'R fan wants.

I'm not gonna post "Well, I think they should do this and that and everyone would be happy". You know why? Because I don't assume people in or around the band are idiots....  Smiley

/jarmo

and does that make them better fans than me? cause they are ok with hearing SCOM for the millionth time while I wish they would stop touring for a while and focus on a new album? and why do you need to sign every one of your posts? jesus!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »

Does it make a fan who likes to spend money on tickets to see his/her favorite band live a better fan?
Also, your idea of boycott sure worked well in all those years when we had no shows, didn't it...

I sign my posts to annoy you.  Kiss
No need to call me Jesus.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »

Then take something smaller time.  Example : Fernando's announcement that there would soon be an announcement...which, of course, never came.

To most of us, that was a rather eye rolling situation.  We weren't calling for his execution or anything, but there was a very widespread opinion that was poorly handled.

Would you EVER agree with anyone on that?  I'd say no.  You'd post a bunch of passive aggressive things that end in question marks.  Maybe they have a plan?  Maybe we should be patient?  Maybe we don't know the facts?  Maybe we should just shut the fuck up?

But if you even so much as said something innocuous as "yeah, that maybe wasn't the best idea", jaws would drop.  Believe that.

And its strains credulity to its absolute breaking point to suggest you have never had that sort of though about something they did.  Its human nature.  Sweet as your arrangement may be, you are still a rational, thinking person at the end of the day.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »

I'm trying to understand the idea of me having to attack Fernando for something he said about updates.

And yes, I'll ask you a question. Did it occur to you that if somebody's constantly bombarded with questions/demands for updates, he or she might say something that he/she then is attacked for? Simple because the update wasn't up to your "standards" or wishes. Or because plans changed.

This is part of what sets us apart.

What's the point anyway? You think the band needs to know the update wasn't to the liking of certain fans? Once again, I'm not assuming the band or management are stupid. They know fans want updates, fans want albums, fans want this or that. And they want it now.

/jarmo

maynard
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »

Does it make a fan who likes to spend money on tickets to see his/her favorite band live a better fan?
Also, your idea of boycott sure worked well in all those years when we had no shows, didn't it...

I sign my posts to annoy you.  Kiss
No need to call me Jesus.

/jarmo

I don't know, does it? Why do you answer questions with other questions?

My idea is not a boycott of any sorts. I know I won't make a difference cause there are lots of others south americans who just come in their pants when they hear dj ashba covering one of slash solos. I'm just sharing my opinion champ, feel free to delete it, the forum is yours.

The signing thing annoys everybody, not just me. But again, it's your forum. Have fun!

See you in Brazil! (not really)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »

Because I'm not gonna make generalizations based on what fits my "needs".

I think fans who spend their money on their favorite artists deserves some respect. It takes a bit more to do so than to post whiny posts on the Internet for example.

My idea is not a boycott of any sorts. I know I won't make a difference cause there are lots of others south americans who just come in their pants when they hear dj ashba covering one of slash solos. I'm just sharing my opinion champ, feel free to delete it, the forum is yours.

I don't know how prone South American male fans are to premature ejaculation. I'll let you comment on such things.

The signing thing annoys everybody, not just me. But again, it's your forum. Have fun!

Grin

/jarmo

el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »

I think fans who spend their money on their favorite artists deserves some respect. It takes a bit more to do so than to post whiny posts on the Internet for example.

So starting a show with 3 hours delays is a respect? And don't try to tell me I'm just posting a whinny posts on internet. I was waiting for GNR about 7 hours (Prague and Rybnik).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2013, 05:41:39 PM »

He's making fun of you and others for attending the shows and you're attacking me.
Ironic.

/jarmo

gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2013, 06:44:22 PM »

I don't know how prone South American male fans are to premature ejaculation. I'll let you comment on such things.

Grin

/jarmo

The sign thing does not annoys me, do not speak for others, speak only for you. If you hate this band, if you do not want to go to the tour if you do not want to spend any real for this band just don't do it, there is no need to go to a forum and tell everybody what you will or wont do.
If you read your posts you do not even have an opinion just whining about what you do not like.

BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »

If I were you, jarmo, I'd keep defending Guns every fucking day in every fucking way until Axl punches your ticket.  You get to live the ultimate Guns fan fantasy.  That's amazing and seemingly incredibly rare for any fan with or without a 20 year old fan site.

Everyone remembers the lambasting Madison got from Axl ten years ago, well presumably from Axl himself and that must have fucking crushed a part of her whole world into smithereens.  She wasn't even really associated with the band.

For you to even allude to even speaking a morsel of smack about Guns must terrify you.  It would me.  So keep it up and mind your manners and keep living every die hard Guns fans collective dream.  Good on you bro...(-?-)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »

NO!!!!!! They got the info and THEY ASKED MANAGENT if that info was true. Management said yes. So they made the announcement.

My comment about Guinea Pigs was because if the South American tour or the Vegas thing ends up in nothing for some reason. Then Management can cover their asses. They never made an official announcement in their official website. There never was an official press release. They could said it?s all Jarmo?s and Mygnrforum posting some "rumor". When in fact they confirmed in private.
They want to avoid the situation Doug Goldstein faced back in 2001 when an Euro tour was cancelled. And Axl didn?t even know he had a tour.
My guess is Axl found about this stupid way of communication. And he stopped it because it?s not the way he wants things to be done. So we will have the info when Axl believes it?s the right time to make it public. For me it is very hard to believe that Axl is behind and supports this silly game of giving away info in private to some fans who are administrators of unofficial forums.

That is just not true.  What you're saying isn't supported by the facts.  (not picking on you or anyone else. just using your post to show where I disagree ..... that and your "guinea pig" reference freaked me out)

There was never a source listed for where that info posted on mygnr originally came from or who in "management" confirmed it thus giving their blessing to post. ("confirmed in private"?? seriously??)

Again, I'm not questioning if the info posted is correct or not.  I'm questioning who the source is and why they can't tell us who confirmed it.  (I'm not a member of mygnr or nightrain forum or paradisecity.com so I'm going by what I read from people like you who repost the info onto htgth.)

The situation with the South America poster is case-in-point.  We know for a FACT where it came from so they can't deny it or say it was admin@htgth "posting some rumor" as you suggested. 
gunsnroses.com even went as far to post immediately after their self-imposed announcement details date past to post on the OFFICIAL site:  As for everything else? ?yes, Jarmo is right.  Information coming soon!
No plausible deniability or soup for you, Axl!!!  NEXT!!!  Tongue

Anyways ...
I'm just stating my opinion that I believe the info posted three weeks ago might have been the catalyst for the current situation, i.e., we know info is coming soon but right now the GNR Camp/Axl/Management/whomever aren't ready, willing and/or able to give us those details (besides Mexico).

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

I am so happy that I have a life outside of GNR and do not feel compelled to get caught up in the minutia. It really is a relief not to have all that drama in my life about what will happen when, or if, or where, or anything else. Luckily, real life keeps me plenty busy.

Because it doesn't for everyone else?  

Anyone expressing legit criticism, or even just making a joke about the goings on, life doesn't keep them busy?  They lie awake at night obsessing over Guns N' Roses before drifting off to sleep, then wake up with the same one track focus?

Is that real world?

The real world is whatever you make. You seem to be a bit sensitive. Maybe the words hit home and made you uncomfortable?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »

This is ridiculous people, no point in arguing amongst ourselves. Fact is, is that this is typical GN'R, and we should come to accept that this is the way the band operates. Info gets leaked out, announcements are made, cinema releases are planned, DVD's are filmed, tours are booked..... only for things to be delayed or even cancelled.

This is no different, in fact it's exactly GN'R behaviour, like it or not.  Tongue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2013, 02:08:27 AM »

I am so happy that I have a life outside of GNR and do not feel compelled to get caught up in the minutia. It really is a relief not to have all that drama in my life about what will happen when, or if, or where, or anything else. Luckily, real life keeps me plenty busy.

Because it doesn't for everyone else?  

Anyone expressing legit criticism, or even just making a joke about the goings on, life doesn't keep them busy?  They lie awake at night obsessing over Guns N' Roses before drifting off to sleep, then wake up with the same one track focus?

Is that real world?

The real world is whatever you make. You seem to be a bit sensitive. Maybe the words hit home and made you uncomfortable?

Man, it's like a script.  I could do your part.

Look, it's just a goofy premise.  That's all.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »

To interrupt this complain to no end fest.lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxbu-bfbVY

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: