Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:01:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses South American Tour 2014 - announcement on Monday Dec 23rd  (Read 53906 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »

Wait, there's another planned announcement coming after the holidays?  What's that about?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »

The delay in the announcement is not the end of the world.  Trying to imply that's what people are saying is pretty dishonest.

What is actually being said is that this is simply just another indication this operation is run by the gang that can't shoot straight.

If anyone is overly defensive, its the people that can't bring themselves to say those words out loud, lest risk the wrath of the overlords.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:44:03 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2013, 06:38:36 PM »

By the way, did you see those tweets from Axl today where he thanked the fans for our support and wished us happy holidays?

In case you missed them, here they are:
axlrose: Big Thanx 2 all r fans, r crew, the band, r friends, families n' all r supporters this last yr n' over the yrs! Happy Holidays! Merry Xmas!
axlrose: Hope every1 had a good yr! Wish every1 a Happy New Year n' a better next yr! Peace!! Axl

Good move.  Smart move.

Those things are good to have in the bank.  Goodwill never hurt anyone.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »

The way I see it I don?t think this is the right way to communicate. They have an official website, facebook and twitter. Well they should post the information there when available.

I don?t understand this policy the band has of passing information to Mygnrforum or to Jarmo here. But since they want to do it this way. They should do it right. So if they don?t have everything in place about the tour. Then they shouldn?t jump the gun. Once they have all confirmed. That?s the right time to send the information to Jarmo or elsewhere.

But this thing about announcing that we will have announcement it?s just silly to say the least. Issue a statement when everything is ready to be made public. Or ask the promoters of the shows to confirm the dates and details.

They might think we?re Guinea Pigs or something. They are learning P.R. and commmunication skills. So they experiment with us in unofficial GN?R fans forums
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »

The way I see it I don?t think this is the right way to communicate. They have an official website, facebook and twitter. Well they should post the information there when available.

I don?t understand this policy the band has of passing information to Mygnrforum or to Jarmo here. But since they want to do it this way. They should do it right. So if they don?t have everything in place about the tour. Then they shouldn?t jump the gun. Once they have all confirmed. That?s the right time to send the information to Jarmo or elsewhere.

But this thing about announcing that we will have announcement it?s just silly to say the least. Issue a statement when everything is ready to be made public. Or ask the promoters of the shows to confirm the dates and details.

They might think we?re Guinea Pigs or something. They are learning P.R. and commmunication skills. So they experiment with us in unofficial GN?R fans forums

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this but the GNR camp DID NOT start this, or any other, announcement. 

Three weeks ago, a fan forum site (not HTGTH) posted what they professed to be inside info given only to them of not only a Mexico show but also USA shows including Vegas residency, a South America tour and a few new songs, etc.  No source was given and according to them, they weren't "at liberty to divulge any further".

Predictably, all the fan forums picked up on this and I'm sure anyone and everyone connected with the GNR camp was bombarded with inquiries.

There was and is a lot of FALSE info, dates, venues, etc., going around so (I'm guessing) when the actual details were close at hand, the GNR camp issued that South America tour poster with the hope that they could give the confirmed dates within a day or two through some "official" channel i.e., gunsnroses.com or the promoter or venue or whomever announces those kinds of things.

So it's highly possible and most likely that the GNR camp would have loved to communicate this info in the proper manner but once info was leaked, they took steps to accelerate the confirmation process while clearing up the false info being spread.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »

so, this means we are not sure if GNR gave MyGNR that info on purpose? I thought that was kinda confirmed (even though I've never seen anyone from the GNR camp or Jarmo confirming it)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »

so, this means we are not sure if GNR gave MyGNR that info on purpose? I thought that was kinda confirmed (even though I've never seen anyone from the GNR camp or Jarmo confirming it)

I'm only guessing but I would think that if GNR was going to give someone info to post on purpose that they would let them say it was them giving the info, right?

Edited to add:
Didn't it happen once before that someone (a venue if I'm not mistaken), made an announcement before they were supposed to and things got all facocked similar to this?  So maybe someone just jumped the gun before things were set.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:01:58 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Princess Leia
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »

I'm only guessing but I would think that if GNR was going to give someone info to post on purpose that they would let them say it was them giving the info, right?

Mygnrforum got the info about The Mexico Festival, South American Tour and a show in Vegas. BEFORE posting anything. They asked management about it. They confirmed. Fans begun asking about Vegas. So the moderators again asked management and they said Vegas is another residency, not just one show.

Then the Mexico thing was made official by the GN?R camp. And so far that?s the only official thing. Now Jarmo was told he will have the info about the South American tour on Dec 23rd. But management couldn?t get all the dates confirmed yet. So there was no announcement by Jarmo. I hope at some point Jarmo will be given the info. I mean Jarmo was given a pic of a poster, only that.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »

my guess is GNR wants to give one spectacular announcement, with confirmed dates and venues for all the countries at once. Maybe ONE from the many dates had some problems/issues, and they're trying to fix that to accomplish the goal of releasing all the dates at once.

I think its pretty safe to say that the southamerican tour is happening. I may agree GNR has some particular ways to communicate with the fans (but hey, it always been this way... it's GNR, and I must admit this fucked up way of communicating with the fans is one of it's charms  hihi )

For example, Nico Garzia, the big rock shows producer from Paraguay, has already said the tickets will be on sale in 15 days. I insist: we should be celebrating rather than fighting  beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »

Mygnrforum got the info about The Mexico Festival, South American Tour and a show in Vegas. BEFORE posting anything. They asked management about it. They confirmed. Fans begun asking about Vegas. So the moderators again asked management and they said Vegas is another residency, not just one show.

So they made an announcement about an announcement??  confused

Now I'm really confused. What were you saying about us being announcement guinea pigs??  Huh

Princess Leia
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2013, 09:00:27 PM »

So they made an announcement about an announcement??  confused

Now I'm really confused. What were you saying about us being announcement guinea pigs??  Huh

NO!!!!!! They got the info and THEY ASKED MANAGENT if that info was true. Management said yes. So they made the announcement.

My comment about Guinea Pigs was because if the South American tour or the Vegas thing ends up in nothing for some reason. Then Management can cover their asses. They never made an official announcement in their official website. There never was an official press release. They could said it?s all Jarmo?s and Mygnrforum posting some "rumor". When in fact they confirmed in private.
They want to avoid the situation Doug Goldstein faced back in 2001 when an Euro tour was cancelled. And Axl didn?t even know he had a tour.
My guess is Axl found about this stupid way of communication. And he stopped it because it?s not the way he wants things to be done. So we will have the info when Axl believes it?s the right time to make it public. For me it is very hard to believe that Axl is behind and supports this silly game of giving away info in private to some fans who are administrators of unofficial forums.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »

You struck a nerve? You're obviously way too self confident.
You're not the first, or last, person on a GN'R fan site complaining about something you have no control over, or something that might not even affect you personally....

Aww, the old eat the cake and have it too.

Fans don't have "demands"? Fans don't "demand" information from the band and/or management at every chance they got? Really?
Are you saying you know better than any of us, that there's no questions, or anything like that, regarding this upcoming tour from fans on the continent in question?

Because from my limited experience, fans in South America have been asking for information about new shows ever since the band left South America in October 2011!  hihi
I don't think they stopped when the show in Mexico was announced... But that's just me.

By the way, did you see those tweets from Axl today where he thanked the fans for our support and wished us happy holidays?

In case you missed them, here they are:
axlrose: Big Thanx 2 all r fans, r crew, the band, r friends, families n' all r supporters this last yr n' over the yrs! Happy Holidays! Merry Xmas!
axlrose: Hope every1 had a good yr! Wish every1 a Happy New Year n' a better next yr! Peace!! Axl

/jarmo

I'm too self-confident???  Perhaps if I said "I struck a nerve" but don't worry, I promise I don't hold myself up in too high regard.   Grin

What I meant when I said "we" struck a nerve, is that anyone who mutters even an ounze of questioning (not even criticism, but just questions like "an annoucement to make an announcement, what's up with that?") is met with the (predictable) harsh reply of quit complaining over things you have no control over, take what you get and like it, and you're just a typical complaining, never satisfied fan.

First, thanks for the reminder that I have no control over the day to day operations of Guns n Roses.  Second, no shit.  Third, don't take my words out of context.  I never said fans don't have demands or demand information.  Of course they do...and if this announcement was fan driven, and Management did not follow through, then there's no blame to put on the Management.  My whole point was this was their own deadline...their own demand...so you'd think a reasonably competent team would be able to comply with their own deadlines.  

Will it personally affect my life (again, deflecting from the real issue)...of course not.  But that's not the issue.  The issue is building positive momentum for the band...and they were moving in that direction with the initial news of new shows and new songs.  Can they/are they still headed in that direction?  Perhaps...but the announcement of an announcement, and then retraction of the announcement which may or may not have contained a typo or misunderstanding is a bit odd at best, and speaks to a larger issue of mis-management at worst.

And I did read Axl's tweets...I'm happy as shit for the band to get back in the saddle.  I'll just believe it when I see it (not read it).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »

What I meant when I said "we" struck a nerve, is that anyone who mutters even an ounze of questioning (not even criticism, but just questions like "an annoucement to make an announcement, what's up with that?") is met with the (predictable) harsh reply of quit complaining over things you have no control over, take what you get and like it, and you're just a typical complaining, never satisfied fan.

First, thanks for the reminder that I have no control over the day to day operations of Guns n Roses.  Second, no shit.  Third, don't take my words out of context.  I never said fans don't have demands or demand information.  Of course they do...and if this announcement was fan driven, and Management did not follow through, then there's no blame to put on the Management.  My whole point was this was their own deadline...their own demand...so you'd think a reasonably competent team would be able to comply with their own deadlines.  

Will it personally affect my life (again, deflecting from the real issue)...of course not.  But that's not the issue.  The issue is building positive momentum for the band...and they were moving in that direction with the initial news of new shows and new songs.  Can they/are they still headed in that direction?  Perhaps...but the announcement of an announcement, and then retraction of the announcement which may or may not have contained a typo or misunderstanding is a bit odd at best, and speaks to a larger issue of mis-management at worst.

Correctamundo. 

Wouldn't change a word.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2013, 12:01:13 AM »

I am so happy that I have a life outside of GNR and do not feel compelled to get caught up in the minutia. It really is a relief not to have all that drama in my life about what will happen when, or if, or where, or anything else. Luckily, real life keeps me plenty busy.

That said, if the when, if, or where happens, I will try to be there.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2013, 05:40:19 AM »

If anyone is overly defensive, its the people that can't bring themselves to say those words out loud, lest risk the wrath of the overlords.

More of the usual from you. The response of the objective fan. Who doesn't need to know anything to point fingers since pointing fingers is what all the cool Internet kids do....  hihi

All of you must exactly know what happened since you're attacking the band's management. Which is interesting. Because in reality, the people who know, who are working on these things aren't pointing any fingers at all. It's only the fans... As usual.

The issue is building positive momentum for the band...and they were moving in that direction with the initial news of new shows and new songs.  Can they/are they still headed in that direction?  Perhaps...but the announcement of an announcement, and then retraction of the announcement which may or may not have contained a typo or misunderstanding is a bit odd at best, and speaks to a larger issue of mis-management at worst.

It speaks of wanting to get the dates confirmed in time for Christmas but not being able to do so.

The irony in the situation is that the same people who are always crying for updates are now saying they shouldn't post any updates if they're not 100% sure. Which is something I say all the time. But in this case, they were sure it was gonna be done. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted the update.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »

More of the usual from you. The response of the objective fan. Who doesn't need to know anything to point fingers since pointing fingers is what all the cool Internet kids do....  hihi

All of you must exactly know what happened since you're attacking the band's management. Which is interesting. Because in reality, the people who know, who are working on these things aren't pointing any fingers at all. It's only the fans... As usual.

The issue is building positive momentum for the band...and they were moving in that direction with the initial news of new shows and new songs.  Can they/are they still headed in that direction?  Perhaps...but the announcement of an announcement, and then retraction of the announcement which may or may not have contained a typo or misunderstanding is a bit odd at best, and speaks to a larger issue of mis-management at worst.

It speaks of wanting to get the dates confirmed in time for Christmas but not being able to do so.

The irony in the situation is that the same people who are always crying for updates are now saying they shouldn't post any updates if they're not 100% sure. Which is something I say all the time. But in this case, they were sure it was gonna be done. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted the update.  Smiley

/jarmo

Then why doesn't Management say that officially, instead of relying on their good little soldiers like you?  Seriously, (putting aside the typo or misunderstanding) a simple "we wanted to get this info. out ASAP and in time for Christmas, but unfortunately we're not able to have a complete set of confirmed dates in time...but have no fear, GnR's ready to rock your ass off in 2014!" would do the trick.  At least for me, the kind, benevolent, objective fan with a real life and job...I can't speak for the malcontent, never satisfied internet trolls that you know so much about (and that we're all painted as).  F those clowns.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2013, 08:56:26 AM »

I am so happy that I have a life outside of GNR and do not feel compelled to get caught up in the minutia. It really is a relief not to have all that drama in my life about what will happen when, or if, or where, or anything else. Luckily, real life keeps me plenty busy.

Because it doesn't for everyone else?  

Anyone expressing legit criticism, or even just making a joke about the goings on, life doesn't keep them busy?  They lie awake at night obsessing over Guns N' Roses before drifting off to sleep, then wake up with the same one track focus?

Is that real world?

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2013, 09:01:08 AM »

Because it doesn't for everyone else?  

Anyone expressing legit criticism, or even just making a joke about the goings on, life doesn't keep them busy?  They lie awake at night obsessing over Guns N' Roses before drifting off to sleep, then wake up with the same one track focus?

Is that real world?

It's easier to think of us all as worthless losers still living in our parent's basement with our AFD flag on the ceiling, doing nothing all day but constantly obsessing, nit-picking and complaining about the band and its Management on internet forums. 

Reality would be much too difficult to deal with.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:58 AM »

No, actually we know what didn't happen.  We were told something was coming that didn't come.  So we sort of shake our heads and chuckle to ourselves because its just more of the same.  No real harm done.  No one is calling for anyone's badge here.

We can do such things because the gravy train won't stop rolling for us due to our insubordination.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »

Then why doesn't Management say that officially, instead of relying on their good little soldiers like you?  Seriously, (putting aside the typo or misunderstanding) a simple "we wanted to get this info. out ASAP and in time for Christmas, but unfortunately we're not able to have a complete set of confirmed dates in time...but have no fear, GnR's ready to rock your ass off in 2014!" would do the trick.  At least for me, the kind, benevolent, objective fan with a real life and job...I can't speak for the malcontent, never satisfied internet trolls that you know so much about (and that we're all painted as).  F those clowns.

Information coming soon kinda says the same in less words and less sugar coated way....  Smiley

We can do such things because the gravy train won't stop rolling for us due to our insubordination.

You're funny.

It seems like in your world, seeing the big picture and having some understanding of a situation means you're afraid to speak your mind.... In my opinion, those two aren't the same thing.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: