Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:36:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014  (Read 20715 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 07:56:54 AM »

Maybe the plans are to present 2-3 new songs (not covers....) live to the fans and release an EP later in the year.
Also I might be the only one in here who don't another Vegas residency.Simple touring is better.
Thank God Bbfoot,for pushing the whole Guns camp forward...

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »

hoping for some warm up shows in NYC again..........

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »

But I do hope whatever the band plans to surprise us with remains a surprise until the first show.

Like if they show up.

This is good news, obviously.  The residency doesn't do much for me, nor should it for anyone not planning on being in Vegas that month, although I actually might be depending on when it is.

Overall, the touring seems more of the same, but the talk of a few news songs is far and away the most interesting part of this announcement.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:09 AM »

Like if they show up.

That's the spirit.  Tongue

Personally I don't get fans who keep saying they don't wanna go see the show. Who doesn't want to see their favorite band play the songs you love? Really? I can see if you're not old enough to attend, you don't have the money, they're not playing anywhere near you etc. But these reasons are rarely to be seen. It's more of the "I'm not going" routine.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »

At this point the return to vegas part could just be a couple of shows, but I really hope it's a residency and by the sounds of it, it probably is. The last one was awesome and I'll definitely travel to vegas for another residency. To me that's the most exciting news...but to me there's nothing better than seeing guns live and I also love vegas. Also...maybe something will be officially announced this week...Dj posted on Facebook last night " Exciting week ahead! G'nite!!" Could be about any one of his projects, but I have a feeling it's about guns.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 11:05:29 AM »

Personally I don't get fans who keep saying they don't wanna go see the show. Who doesn't want to see their favorite band play the songs you love? Really? I can see if you're not old enough to attend, you don't have the money, they're not playing anywhere near you etc. But these reasons are rarely to be seen. It's more of the "I'm not going" routine.

Because you either refuse to see, or simply see and refuse to acknowledge, the fact that its 2 separate issues.

They have been touring behind this album for years, literally years.  There is not one spot of the globe they have not touched.  And, odds are, when they came to your spot, you went to the show.  Good stuff.  Good times had by all.  No one is saying otherwise.

But after a long layoff after yet another leg, many of us continually hope they will finally get rolling on new material.  So when they re-surface and the only news is yet another pass through an area they have already combed over...its tough to get all that jazzed about.  All the more so when the setlist has really not changed all that much.  You likely already saw the production they are bringing back around, again.  And further touring with the same show just further delays any hope of something new on the material front.

Its not people don't like concerts.  We are unclear why it has to be either/or.  And doubly unclear why you pretend to not understand this concept.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 11:14:45 AM »

Like if they show up.

/jarmo

To be fair - and as a disclaimer, I've seen the band 8 times since 2002 - I totally understand them. I don't like the way they act online in a lot of cases, as if the band owes them something (especially since they play much longer sets than most bands), but I do understand not wanting to see a band if you've seen the show several times and it hasn't changed or changed much.

To put it in perspective, I've seen Tool twice, both as part of the 10,000 Days tour, and while they were good shows and Tool is one of my top 5 bands, I won't see them again without a new album/major changes, because I've basically seen the same show twice, and they spend about half the time on stage that Guns does (barely over 90 minutes). I also wouldn't have seen Guns the last time I saw them (Sound Academy in Toronto) had I not won tickets, because when it comes down to it, it's more than just having the money or not - it's about the limited amount of money people have to spend and the wide number of shows you have to choose from. When you've got choices, and most people love more than just one band, you're going to go for whatever is fresh. I guess this isn't an issue for areas that don't get as many shows but I do get it.

Again - I hate those who act like the band owes them something, but it's like your favourite movie, you only watch it so many times and then you just don't for a while. You might come back to it after a year, or a few years, but until then you watch other things.

Which is why this is great news - new songs definitely have me excited to see the band again. Whereas if they toured here again with the same set/close to it, I'd probably pass.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 11:26:51 AM »

Its not people don't like concerts.  We are unclear why it has to be either/or.  And doubly unclear why you pretend to not understand this concept.

I don't "understand" the concept just like you don't.

I see a lot of other bands announce new tours, with different names/gimmicks. Without them putting out new material. No problems.

Some people listen to the same songs every day. Either on the radio going to work, or on their iProducts. But seeing their favorite band once every year or every other year playing those same songs live is "bad"?

No, I don't "understand" the thinking behind it. You don't need to bring up the "new material" excuse.  I don't buy it. GN'R will do what they want, when they want. Not when others think they should. Not touring isn't a guarantee you'll get your "new material" sooner. We have 2003-5 as evidence.

I enjoy whatever they do.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:29:03 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »

Jarmo will know the hot diggety and can judge appropriately

There is no harm, and it has brought forth traffic, and interest, to other forums too (if something is happening).

If you think that people making a big deal out of having an 'exclusive' about a tour happening next year isn't ridiculous, you're  a funny funny man.

You have bigger worries, I met Delia Smith at a(n) Xmas party last year and she is wanting to have words with Axl, not sure what about, but keep an eye out there if she comes to a stage near you. She knows who you are, so she must have read the forum at some point

AdZ is (in)famous?  Shocked

/jarmo

daveh
Opening Act

Love for GN'R since 1987, whatever the line-up

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »

Not posted here for a while but im watching the London 2012 gig and it's got me in the mood.
Really hope they do another UK tour in 2014. I never get bored of seeing them Live! New material would be nice but not everything, Just to hear the classics and a few songs rarely played is enough. Theres loads of bands that tour 'the hits' for years and don't release material..The Stones and The Who for instance.

Leeds 2002, Sheffield 2006, Leeds 2010, Manchester 2010, Nottingham 2012, Birmingham 2012, Manchester 2012
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2013, 02:01:49 PM »

Hey Jarmo,

Does that announcement mean a residency in Vegas or just a show?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:02 PM »

Not posted here for a while but im watching the London 2012 gig and it's got me in the mood.
Really hope they do another UK tour in 2014. I never get bored of seeing them Live! New material would be nice but not everything, Just to hear the classics and a few songs rarely played is enough. Theres loads of bands that tour 'the hits' for years and don't release material..The Stones and The Who for instance.

The Stones also consistently put out new material for 40 years though.

Their longest break between albums (8 years between 1997's 'Bridges To Babylon' and 2005's 'A Bigger Bang') would seem like not even a thing to Axl's current operation.

R9fanatik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »

Wow mexico again??? that's sound perfect to me, i cant wait to see them again in Monterrey.
I don't care if they play new songs (but i would love to) , i love this band and i just want to hear live this band again playing the hits i love to hear over and over again. Indeed 2014 sounds very promising for GNR fans.  ok  peace
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »

Like if they show up.

I for one was glad of the recent additions of UYI material..Prior tours were a bit AFD heavy...loved hearing AFD, Lies, UYI material Long side CD material..So hopefully the next round of touring keeps a for representation of all GNR albums..

/jarmo
GeetarMikey
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »

I don't "understand" the concept just like you don't.

I see a lot of other bands announce new tours, with different names/gimmicks. Without them putting out new material. No problems.

Some people listen to the same songs every day. Either on the radio going to work, or on their iProducts. But seeing their favorite band once every year or every other year playing those same songs live is "bad"?

No, I don't "understand" the thinking behind it. You don't need to bring up the "new material" excuse.  I don't buy it. GN'R will do what they want, when they want. Not when others think they should. Not touring isn't a guarantee you'll get your "new material" sooner. We have 2003-5 as evidence.

I enjoy whatever they do.

/jarmo

"Whatever they do" has basically equated to nonstop touring for years and years, so if you like that then that's great and like you say it's great to go to see your favourite band, I agree! BUT there comes a point where you have to see how it can get frustrating for fans to not get anything new in the way of even a single download etc... especially when we know how much material there is in the vaults that they could either play live or release at the drop of a hat. It has seemed lately that again, like you say, GN'R "do what they want", but that seems to have just been touring behind an album that's five years old and the classic hits which gets old to a lot of fans.

That doesn't mean we feel we're "entitled" anything new, it's just that, as fans, we just plain WANT and/or NEED something from a massively talented band; we want to see what they can do together!

Can't wait for next year to see what GN'R has in store for us, especially if it's new material and I'm sure it'll be amazing!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »

I get it.

But I remember 2003, 2004, 2005.... No shows, no new albums. So yeah, I'm sorry if in my opinion 2009-13 have been more fun as a fan and I prefer a year with shows to a year without.

/jarmo

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »

I really do feel that when they tour next, they will premier a few new songs in the set. then we will start to hear more and more about a new album, which hopefully will be released mid-2014, with hopefully a DVD release like the Vegas residency. drool
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »

Like if they show up.

/jarmo

When was the last time they didn't turn up for a show, does anyone know the year? It surprises me they still blame Axl for past wrong doings, now he turns up, sings the whole show despite having things thrown on stage (just gives a warning now) but all people remember is 20 odd years ago when he had his tantrums. He's doing shows when sick when lots of us would stay in bed and take a sick day off. Give the man a break.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »

AdZ is (in)famous?  Shocked

/jarmo

Me and TV Chefs? Yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

hihi
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »

What do you guys think when they say they will bring out 2-3 new songs?? This could mean just 2-3 new songs in the set list (but still songs we've all heard).  Or, can it mean 2-3 brand new songs?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: