Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:19:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot's fan club chat October 28th, 2013
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot's fan club chat October 28th, 2013  (Read 6358 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: October 17, 2013, 12:54:06 PM »

UPCOMING EVENTS

BUMBLEFOOT CHAT

Bumblefoot doesn?t seem to be a fan of taking ANY time off. With a mile long list of side projects and endeavor?s, here?s your chance to get to better know this hardworking and talented axman.

On October 28th Bumblefoot will be paying a visit to the Nightrain video chat room. Tune in at 5pm PST / 8pm EST to see Bumblefoot LIVE as he answers your questions.

To submit your questions, you must be a member of Nightrain. Visit our exclusive Bumblefoot Chat Campaign to participate.

A playback of the video chat will be available for viewing on Nightrain.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »

can anybody give a FAIR description or analysis of how this went?

did he talk about or answer anything related to GNR?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »

Seriously?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »

Well yeah... seriously... I expect the answer is nothing... but id still like to know

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »

Well yeah... seriously... I expect the answer is nothing... but id still like to know

Honestly, he divulged nothing about GNR.  The closest thing we got to something cool was when he teased a "D chord" when someone asked him to play Atlas Shrugged.  That's it.

In Ron's defense, 90% of the questions/comments were utterly stupid.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »

so a GNR member on a GNR fan site gave nothing about GNR?

lol

as you said im sure no fault of his own... hes an awesome guy by all accounts

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »

Was it a mess?  Please don't tell me a bunch of people logged on to talk about Slash.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 03:05:18 PM »

so a GNR member on a GNR fan site gave nothing about GNR?

lol

as you said im sure no fault of his own... hes an awesome guy by all accounts

To put things in perspective as far as what Ron knows about GNR's future plans:  He stated that he learned that Chinese Democracy was coming out when the official press release announced it...Same as all of us.   I would imagine that the next album, if it materializes, will be dealt with very similarly as far as what these guys know leading up to it.

We know that the next album is pretty much done and will come out whenever the wind finally hits Axl the right way and he decides we can hear it.  I doubt Ron is privy to anything we don't already know, other than the songs he's recorded on.  He knows better than to divulge the names before a release.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:07:02 PM by sofine11 » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 03:14:06 PM »

Was it a mess?  Please don't tell me a bunch of people logged on to talk about Slash.

Some solid questions here and there, but absolutely nothing groundbreaking.  He played a couple requests which was fun. However, the vast majority of comments came from posters with the I.Q. of a gnat and from kids who clearly weren't hit enough by their parents growing up.  Pretty embarassing stuff.
Princess Leia
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 03:19:36 PM »

can anybody give a FAIR description or analysis of how this went?

Yes. fans got ONE note from Atlas, a D. And fans got a WTF? answer about Vegas DVD. I guess fans are really thrilled

Roll Eyes

Besides Nightrain fans got screwed. The chat was open to the world. And no moderator. So there were a lot of trolls. One troll told Ron he look like Bin Laden and Ron told him he was a pussy.

rofl

Anyway, it was mostly Ron jammin
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »

Besides Nightrain fans got screwed. The chat was open to the world.

Yeah, that was really weak.  This chat was billed as one of the main selling points of joining Nightrain...And then they proceeded to open it to the world.  Awesome.

Roll Eyes
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »

It was great fun the entire time but it was more like if Ron was just hanging out and jamming with you in your living room!  The chat box on the side was scrolling so fast it was way too hard to follow.  There were many people just pasting the same thing 200 times.  It needed to be monitored and it was not.  

He did answer my question about unusual gifts from band mates around 27:45 so that was cool.  He mentioned that the band members buy each other stuff like t-shirts as gifts but not anything crazy.  Next he laughed and said "herpes" and then said "the gift of their playing!"..played funny guitar riff and then "the drunker they are the more unusual the gift of music is that they give, myself included"...

He did nearly 30 minutes extra from what was scheduled..around 90 minutes total. Lots of guitar playing and singing..no crazy updates or anything like that but if there is any news we all know Ron would be quick to tell us.  He probably played over 50 songs clips many of them by request...parts of probably over 10 GN'R songs.  Some DIO,The Beatles,Tom Petty,Neil Young,so many more.  It was more fun if you just watched in full screen instead of trying to read the stupid comments.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »

I didn't get to follow the chat but....
BIG TIME KUDOS TO RON!!!  beer

He obviously (at least to me) agreed to do this knowing full fucking well he would NOT be revealing any info about the next GNR album or dvd or tour or anything of the such.  (seriously folks, you gotta appreciate the humor of the WTF answer to the dvd question)

He also had to expect all the trolls n' critics chomping at the bit waiting for this opportunity to bash him & GNR for him not revealing said info.

So IMO for Ron to subject himself to all that just to give those fans so inclined a chance to have a cool time just shooting the breeze & listening to him playing a lot of music & just trying to have some fun, that's a fucking awesome thing to do!!!   ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 06:59:18 PM »

I was very disappointed that the chat was basically used like an incentive for people to sign up again to Nightrain and I was of the understanding it was for members only. This turned out not to be the case and the chat was flooded with idiots and trolls like what always happens.

I would advise the fan club to stay away from these kind of activities until they can secure them for members only, it only hurts the band and fun club more when it goes down the way it did.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »

I was of the understanding it was for members only. This turned out not to be the case and the chat was flooded with idiots and trolls like what always happens.
I'm pretty sure it was for members only but unfortunately there was a minimal charge to join at a level that some were more than willing to spend just for this & any future opportunity to troll.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Princess Leia
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 07:26:32 PM »

I was of the understanding it was for members only. This turned out not to be the case and the chat was flooded with idiots and trolls like what always happens.
I'm pretty sure it was for members only but unfortunately there was a minimal charge to join at a level that some were more than willing to spend just for this & any future opportunity to troll.

Even if all those people were members THERE WAS NO MODERATOR!!!! Whoever is in charged of Nightrain should know better than that. The mod would?ve made sure there was no trolling. A mod would?ve either banned people or deleted stupid comments and repetitive questions like " Come to Brazil" " When are you coming to South America?"
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »

Even if all those people were members THERE WAS NO MODERATOR!!!! Whoever is in charged of Nightrain should know better than that. The mod would?ve made sure there was no trolling. A mod would?ve either banned people or deleted stupid comments and repetitive questions like " Come to Brazil" " When are you coming to South America?"
Unfortunately you would then have the trolls calling those mods/admins "dictators" & "censors" (& all the other horrible names that the HTGTH admin is subjected to) on their own site & the other "fan" sites that allow that shit. 

Trolls will be Trolls.

MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 07:50:47 PM »

It seemed to be hosted publicly on "Livestream".  When trying to comment at first I did so while signed into my Nightrain account.  That did not work!  I had to quickly signup for a Livestream account and then was able to start commenting right away.  The link for the stream was shared and quickly went out of hand.  The stream is still up and over 3,000 comments archived.  Considering some people asked or posted the same comment 50 times helps to explain how different and better if it really was private.  Either way I feel like Ron had fun and he commented later on Paradise City thanking a member for the question she asked about the MS charity.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »

It seemed to be hosted publicly on "Livestream".  When trying to comment at first I did so while signed into my Nightrain account.  That did not work!  I had to quickly signup for a Livestream account and then was able to start commenting right away.

Thanks for the clarification.   Smiley

Either way I feel like Ron had fun and he commented later on Paradise City thanking a member for the question she asked about the MS charity.
I hope Ron did have fun and I'm glad he got the chance to talk a little about his charity work.

It's a shame more people didn't take the opportunity to actually "chat" with Ron. From other interviews that I've seen or read, Ron is usually really open & well versed on a wide range of subjects.  And we all know he has a good sense of humor and is an amazing artist/entertainer.

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 09:58:16 PM »

It was a great chat for the 10 mins I tuned in  ok  The problem was a bunch of kids thinking it was funny and cool to troll and impersonate other users.  It quickly became stupid  no, no fault of Ron.  I shut it off after some idiot decided to pretend to be me Sad 

So yeah it did suck the way it was open to everyone and un-moderated.  Perhaps in the future we can have a real exclusive chat that is moderated thus would avoid that crap and allow real discussions.

Ron was great answering questions and interacting with everyone, hope in the future it is a closed chat ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: