Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fernando?s Statement in Nightrain. Game plan to comunicate With Fans
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fernando?s Statement in Nightrain. Game plan to comunicate With Fans  (Read 10581 times)
Princess Leia
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:03:38 AM »

Hi there community, I know that you guys have been looking for an update for some time now; I am sorry that we haven't been able to share any. And this is not one that makes up the time that has passed since I last reached out.

We have spent some time getting our bearings back in tact after many moons of touring and we are putting together a game plan to give you what you need the most, information.

Thanks for your loyalty and know that there will something coming up soon.
 Fernando Lebeis
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:27:15 AM »

Smiley

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:00:03 AM »

Its a nice sentiment, and promising, in theory.  Very much hope it pans out. 

But, ultimately, worthless until they deliver.  They have long exhausted benefit of the doubt, and that is no one's fault but their own.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »

i hope we get to hear something before the year is out. I'm hoping for news on a Vegas dvd release and hopefully a Euro tour next summer.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

There's that word again: "soon"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 11:38:01 AM »

Its a nice sentiment, and promising, in theory.  Very much hope it pans out. 

But, ultimately, worthless until they deliver.  They have long exhausted benefit of the doubt, and that is no one's fault but their own.

It is nice that that he's at least acknowledging the lack of communication lately.  However, promising an upcoming announcemnt regarding "information" is a bit parablistic for my tastes. 

We can only hope something other than more tour dates is involved somewhere in there...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:44:15 AM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »

I agree. 

If there is a positive here, its the fact he is willing to say, out loud, that they haven't been great at this.  That's actually progress.

Its certainly better than the "Huh?  Everything has been great.  You guys are just impossible to please" routine we are given by others.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 01:28:27 PM »

I agree. 

If there is a positive here, its the fact he is willing to say, out loud, that they haven't been great at this.  That's actually progress.

Its certainly better than the "Huh?  Everything has been great.  You guys are just impossible to please" routine we are given by others.

yeah any hint of news is good

im not a hard guy to please...id love an official release of a concert i was fortunate enough to go to..... thats all ha

a new GNR named record..... that seems so not even close to materializing that its not worth stressing over ha ... just get me that DVD!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 03:36:44 PM »

Hi there community, I know that you guys have been looking for an update for some time now; I am sorry that we haven't been able to share any. And this is not one that makes up the time that has passed since I last reached out.

We have spent some time getting our bearings back in tact after many moons of touring and we are putting together a game plan to give you what you need the most, information.

Thanks for your loyalty and know that there will something coming up soon.
 Fernando Lebeis

This and $2.50 gets you on a subway in New York.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »

They need "gameplan" to say something?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 06:39:52 PM »

I don't see it like that.  I see it as either having a gameplan to get something done that is substantive enough for an update, or developing gameplan to provide information on an on-going and timely basis going forward.

Ali
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:13:24 PM »

Maybe this was just information relevant to the Nightrain site, otherwise wouldn't it have been posted on facebook or some where else to the wider audience?
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:26 PM »

Please when theres new information let it be about an actual release or releases of actual music. As it's been five years since CD, two new studio albums released at the same time (ala Use Your Illusion 1 & 2) would be nice, but I'd settle for one. Maybe a cd and dvd of Appetite For Democracy.
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »

I see it more like having a gameplan before saying something perhaps, this way they don't gpissed on if the plan was just a plan and not set in stone kinda thing.  Sounds good, looking forward to hear what is going on Smiley
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

Its promising.  At least its an acknowledgement of fan's frustration with lack of communication and his attempt to get things going.  I think there's more going on than we realize and 2014 will end up being a great year. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 11:17:24 PM »

I so totally agree! Any year now peace
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »

Its promising.  At least its an acknowledgement of fan's frustration with lack of communication and his attempt to get things going.  I think there's more going on than we realize and 2014 will end up being a great year. 
No offence, but there's been a lack of communication with this band since 95. It's been a constant issue and while it's nice to hear from Fernando, it doesn't have the impact it should because of the past.  Undecided
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I find it so interesting that us GN'R fans get excited when we hear from management and not the band. I mean, do you think fanatics of Metallica would be be as excited as us if Cliff Burnstein cam our with a little statement of comment about Metallica?
Is it because we as fans are somewhat deprived of contact with the band, or is it because we see the whole camp as a "family"? I like to thnk it's the latter.

On topic. It's great that they've acknowledged the lack of communication and interaction on the Nightrain. It shows they are listening, at least.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 11:04:34 AM »

No offence, but there's been a lack of communication with this band since 95. It's been a constant issue and while it's nice to hear from Fernando, it doesn't have the impact it should because of the past.  Undecided

Yep.

The deadbeat dad that spent YEARS blowing off the kid's birthday and other important events can stroll in one day and say its all going to be different.  But any kid with half a brain will likely roll their eyes and mutter some variation of "believe it when I see it."

Well, we are that kid and Axl is our deadbeat dad.  He's got a lot of past sins that factor into any equation about the future.  That's just life in the big city.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 11:07:18 AM »

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I find it so interesting that us GN'R fans get excited when we hear from management and not the band. I mean, do you think fanatics of Metallica would be be as excited as us if Cliff Burnstein cam our with a little statement of comment about Metallica?
Is it because we as fans are somewhat deprived of contact with the band, or is it because we see the whole camp as a "family"? I like to thnk it's the latter.

Well, I'm not sure I can kill them for this.

Presumably, Fernando speaks for the band, so I think we basically accept that.  We've long given up that Axl will talk to us, so we take the next best thing we can get.

Of course, then Axl will come out and say he never knew about that statement, never knew about that tour, never knew about anything...which, does sort of blow this theory to hell.

But, end of the day, Fernando actually releasing a statement is positive, I think.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: