Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fergie names her new baby boy after Axl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fergie names her new baby boy after Axl  (Read 4302 times)
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« on: August 29, 2013, 11:41:54 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2405854/Fergie-Josh-Duhamel-welcome-baby-boy-Axl-Jack-Duhamel.html

Boy, a lot of the current country and pop artists are very devoted to Axl and the Guns legacy regardless of the lack of a steady flow of new and relevant music. Their legacy alone keeps them relevant and buzz worthy.  With Carrie Underwood's recent Internet buzz for performing a stunning PC cover at the CMA musical festival, to Jason Aldean's (biggest name in country music right now) open interview about what AFD meant to him and his music, it is apparent that Gnr are larger than life musical icons that show no sign of fading away into the cesspool of washed up cultural irrelevancy. They are an engrained part of American pop culture. Perhaps Slash's top hat and Axl's screech wail, long red hair, and red bandana are as American as Coke, Mickey Mouse, and Big Bird.
I think they are "The Beatles" for those of use who come of age in the 80s and early 90s. Their legacy seems to get larger with time.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:43:30 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »

Best thing Fergie ever did was appear in Planet Terror.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:34:45 AM »

When did that show happen? Any photos of them hanging out?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/fergie-josh-duhamels-baby-son-axl-jack-why-they-chose-the-name-2013298

"Some of my biggest vocal idols are rock and roll. I mean Sebastian Bach, Vince Neil, Axl Rose, Robert Plant," Fergie exclusively told Us in September 2010. "These are people that I have emulated vocally."

She added: "I saw Gun 'N Roses and Metallica when I was in high school. I have been a fan of theirs for years. [The Black Eyed Peas] actually got to perform with them in Australia. We became friends with them because we always went to their after parties, too."

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:59:09 AM »

"These are people that I have emulated vocally".

Oh, I'm sure. Her vocals in the all-time classic that is 'My Humps' really proves that.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:24:24 AM »

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/fergie-josh-duhamels-baby-son-axl-jack-why-they-chose-the-name-2013298

"Some of my biggest vocal idols are rock and roll. I mean Sebastian Bach, Vince Neil, Axl Rose, Robert Plant," Fergie exclusively told Us in September 2010. "These are people that I have emulated vocally."

She added: "I saw Gun 'N Roses and Metallica when I was in high school. I have been a fan of theirs for years. [The Black Eyed Peas] actually got to perform with them in Australia. We became friends with them because we always went to their after parties, too."

maybe they were both at a festival or something in Australia rather than performing together.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »

"These are people that I have emulated vocally".

Oh, I'm sure. Her vocals in the all-time classic that is 'My Humps' really proves that.

Or if you watch old clips of Kids Incorporated or Wild Orchid.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 08:10:47 PM »

They both played at that festival in Quebec this year... dunno about Australia.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »

Axl Jack...makes me think of the pick w/ Axl wearing the Conferderate aflag , aka the Union Jack, leather jacket..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 08:00:11 AM »

Axl Jack...makes me think of the pick w/ Axl wearing the Conferderate aflag , aka the Union Jack, leather jacket..

The Union Jack is the flag of the UK.... Think of the jacket Axl wore at the Freddie Mercury tribute.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 05:42:59 AM »

Yes my mistake...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: