Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:36:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pitman interview
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pitman interview  (Read 17849 times)
MuddyGNR
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »

GNR isn't GNR dude, what is guns n roses to you? Axl Rose? It's been 20 years with 1 record, I understand your unrelentless support of axl and whatever he's doing has gotten you backstage and a few connections with his Brazilian friends but lets be real here, it's become a nostalgia act. With a revolving door of hired "guns" and the never ending Chinese democracy tour( with a set of 80 percent old songs) guns n roses was my led zeppelin, my Aerosmith , my rolling stones... It's hard not to be frustrated with the situation, axl rose and axl rose alone is the reason there's no reunion, and he's the reason were not getting any new music from the new guns. Maybe some backlash from the real fans will do the situation some good...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 09:22:25 PM »

GN'R is a band fronted by Axl Rose. That's always been the case!  ok

Revolving door?
When will you people stop with that bullshit? It just shows you how ignorant you are.

This line up has been together since at least 2009. They only lost one guy between now and 2007. It's not more of a revolving door than GN'R was back in the day when Steven was fired or Izzy quit! This line up has played more shows together than the whole Use Your Illusions tour (during which the band changed their rhythm guitarist). Imagine that.

I prefer artists who are true to themselves instead of those that try to be something they're not. If that means not doing what you're "supposed to", then it's fine.

I've had a bunch of bands I listen to break up or change line ups over the years. I know it happens. People change, I get that. So when it happened to GN'R, I didn't get upset or angry.

Music is something positive to me. The records/songs I like have given me hours and hours of enjoyment ever since I discovered music. I'm grateful that the artists responsible for those have shared them with us.
I don't demand material from these people. I know these people are people like you and me. They just have talents that differ from someone like myself. I can't write songs, play instruments or sing...

Maybe that's the difference. If an artist only released one album, I'm grateful for that instead of being upset that I don't have two....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:54:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2013, 06:17:59 AM »

Ugh.

GN'R is this, GN'R is that. Always the same complaining.

I suspect there's real GN'R fans who are aware of the fact that GN'R is GN'R. Always been that way!
They're not some other band, so they don't compare them to other bands.
They know art doesn't have a schedule. They know GN'R does things on their terms, not on the terms of Internet keyboard warriors who spent their free time judging and guessing about shit they know very little, or nothing, about.

If you know anything about GN'R or Axl, you should know that he does things on his terms. How this seems like a mystery or news to some is beyond me.
And yet people get upset when there's an update saying there's no news at the moment. You have people starting shit and the band sets the record straight and people get upset? Really? What happened to the "there's no communication" complaints?

/jarmo

We're all 'real' fans, we know they do things on their own terms, we're just very disappointed by an interview with a band member in which he very clearly states there is absolutely no drive or motivation whatsoever to make new music. We're not starting shit, we've just had the record set straight by a band member who seems to know what is going on, and are a little disappointed.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »

What exactly did he say that disappointed you?

"You don't have to be in a hurry to make a record anymore because people don't buy it.".
"People don't wanna buy it, so we don't have to put it out (laughs)".

These comments are all after talking about Tool. And then he says just like with GN'R, there's no hurry to release music these days and that they can go out to play shows anyway.

What's new about this? GN'R has toured in the past without albums out. Like many other bands.

A musician expressing his frustration with people listening to his music for free. Is that something new?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »

Revolving door?
When will you people stop with that bullshit? It just shows you how ignorant you are.

This line up has been together since at least 2009. They only lost one guy between now and 2007. It's not more of a revolving door than GN'R was back in the day when Steven was fired or Izzy quit! This line up has played more shows together than the whole Use Your Illusions tour (during which the band changed their rhythm guitarist). Imagine that.

/jarmo

I've tried to explain this many times but some "fans" don't seem to get it.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 12:13:20 PM »

What exactly did he say that disappointed you?

"You don't have to be in a hurry to make a record anymore because people don't buy it.".
"People don't wanna buy it, so we don't have to put it out (laughs)".

These comments are all after talking about Tool. And then he says just like with GN'R, there's no hurry to release music these days and that they can go out to play shows anyway.

What's new about this? GN'R has toured in the past without albums out. Like many other bands.

A musician expressing his frustration with people listening to his music for free. Is that something new?

/jarmo

It's the lines:

"Why the fuck put a record out? It works both ways: people don't want to buy it so we don't have to put it out....we'll go out and play songs people know, but we're not knocking ourselves out to release music. There's no need to now. It's not the time and place"

that disappoint me.  To me, that's a clear statement from a band member that there is nothing new to be done- that the band to them is about going on tour and playing the songs people know. Which, obviously, is good in terms of seeing them live, but it would be strange for  any GNR fan not to be a bit disheartened by the seeming lack of interest in doing anything new.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 12:30:44 PM »

Jarmo sounds like a broken record, I swear I'v heard him say the same things over a million times over and over, must get real tiring !..... "band doesn't own us fans anything" "keyboard warriors complaining", "fans are never happy". .....its getting real old to hear.

GNR is a nostalgia act now, lets face it, or else prove the real fans wrong and put an album out, but at this point we should probably just shut up and accept the fact that GNR is done as far as being a reliant NEW band that puts out new music. They are the best classic rock touring band for sure right now, hopefully will be for awhile, but I'm not expecting any new music anytime soon, sure would be an amazing surprise though!   I don't think its AXL being a dick, I just think there are a lot of misc. things that we don't understand that prevent GNR from releasing more music, they sure have the skills and ability, we all know that ! Maybe one day we'l find out more, but I'd say its mostly just BUSINESS.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »

Cris Know

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »

It's the lines:

"Why the fuck put a record out? It works both ways: people don't want to buy it so we don't have to put it out....we'll go out and play songs people know, but we're not knocking ourselves out to release music. There's no need to now. It's not the time and place"

that disappoint me.  To me, that's a clear statement from a band member that there is nothing new to be done- that the band to them is about going on tour and playing the songs people know. Which, obviously, is good in terms of seeing them live, but it would be strange for  any GNR fan not to be a bit disheartened by the seeming lack of interest in doing anything new.

But you've heard other band members say the opposite!

When other band members talk about writing new songs, people don't pay any attention, it's just talk. Now when Chris says something, it's taken as 100% evidence that there'll never be a new GN'R album?

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »

It's the lines:

When other band members talk about writing new songs, people don't pay any attention, it's just talk. Now when Chris says something, it's taken as 100% evidence that there'll never be a new GN'R album?

/jarmo

But have we? I remember Ashba saying something briefly, and Bumblefoot pretty much saying what Pitman has a while back. We haven't heard much positive about new material at all. Please correct me if I'm wrong though and I've missed something....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

As far as I remember, Dj has said he has written a bunch of songs. Several band members have said there's songs that were recorded in the past.

Bumblefoot has said they haven't gotten together as a group to write.

Nobody has said they'll never release another record ever again.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »

As far as I remember, Dj has said he has written a bunch of songs. Several band members have said there's songs that were recorded in the past.

Bumblefoot has said they haven't gotten together as a group to write.

/jarmo

True. Interviews like this just don't make us feel too positive. Fingers crossed we may be pleasantly surprised in the future though!

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »

What are the chances of a rock star like me getting a new album from a fan like Axl ?

/jarmo
[/quote]

So you telling me there's a chance !   hihi

on a side note, i heard a new dumb and dumber is coming out next year with Jim carey and Jeff daniels, should be great..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:12:59 PM by dont_damn_me » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »

Looks like Chris doesn't believe in not making new music after all:

CPitmanofficial: hi Ronnie, all is good, but not too silent,...were back in studio making new records...cool things happening! http://pic.twitter.com/RxsoMuIQDO

hihi

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2013, 10:26:04 PM »

CPitmanofficial: hi Ronnie, all is good, but not too silent,...were back in studio making new records...cool things happening! http://pic.twitter.com/RxsoMuIQDO

hihi

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo. Do you know what the tweet was he was responding to?

I can't see it.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2013, 11:47:37 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo. Do you know what the tweet was he was responding to?

I can't see it.

Ali

Me neither. I don't see any indication that he's talking about Guns.  Huh
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2013, 02:55:30 AM »

It's the lines:

/jarmo

It is evidence that nobody in the band knows nothing about anything concerning the band. Someone says they are working on it, another says
we won?t put out a cd.

One thing is for sure, only one is making decissions and in result, we have one cd in 20 yrs.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2013, 07:25:54 AM »

Ugh.

GN'R is this, GN'R is that. Always the same complaining.

I suspect there's real GN'R fans who are aware of the fact that GN'R is GN'R. Always been that way!
They're not some other band, so they don't compare them to other bands.
They know art doesn't have a schedule. They know GN'R does things on their terms, not on the terms of Internet keyboard warriors who spent their free time judging and guessing about shit they know very little, or nothing, about.

If you know anything about GN'R or Axl, you should know that he does things on his terms. How this seems like a mystery or news to some is beyond me.
And yet people get upset when there's an update saying there's no news at the moment. You have people starting shit and the band sets the record straight and people get upset? Really? What happened to the "there's no communication" complaints?

/jarmo

Maybe we're annoyed because DJ tells us in every second interview he does that an album is being worked on and "is the band's main priority", then we get an interview like this that debunks all that.

What the fuck are we supposed to think?

Yeah, GN'R ain't like every other band, and that's one of the things I love about them, but it just seems like that very trait means they can't do anything right when a million other bands don't have these issues or excuses.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2013, 08:55:26 AM »

I don't know why people are bothered by Chris' interview.

GNR haven't done or said anything other than what Axl's said in interviews 2 years ago, taking shows to places the band's never played before. They have enough of a break to do their own thing, not to be bothered by Axl's decision not to work on new music goes.

DJ answers new music questions to the best of his knowledge, but he can't speak on behalf of Axl. He's always working on new songs and ideas for GNR but when they get together, the itinerary is for new shows and not studio time.

I'm sure someone asks about plans to go in the studio every time they get notified from management about getting together to rehearse.

Ayako
Rocker

my soul want Guns and Roses

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »

ok ok

hihi

/jarmo

rofl beer ok drool

A fan since 1987. First show at Budokan in 1988. Visiting Korea, Toronto, Leading, Las Vegas, Malaysia, Chicago, Minneapolis, Las Vegas etc to see the shows!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: