Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 118625 times)
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »

i have met and get along with many members of the GNR crew, some band members and some staff. Jarmo and Fernando included.

i find it amusing that all of the people who spew hate on the boards are usually the same ones who try to suck up and ask for hand outs when/if they go to live shows.

perfect world, everyone who goes to a GNR gig would be forced to wear a tag around their neck with their handle. It's so easy when you dont have to be accountable for the persona you have created for yourself online.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2013, 07:24:38 PM »

i have met and get along with many members of the GNR crew, some band members and some staff. Jarmo and Fernando included.

i find it amusing that all of the people who spew hate on the boards are usually the same ones who try to suck up and ask for hand outs when/if they go to live shows.

perfect world, everyone who goes to a GNR gig would be forced to wear a tag around their neck with their handle. It's so easy when you dont have to be accountable for the persona you have created for yourself online.

Name and shame.

ive met the band a bunch of times and recognised a few online people but they are always pro-gnr online.
FootSoldier
Headliner

« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »

Name and shame.

ive met the band a bunch of times and recognised a few online people but they are always pro-gnr online.

I'm more of the shy, reserved type in person... As much as I would love to name and shame I couldnt handle the potential fallout lol. It's a shame that the loudest voices, good or bad, are the ones that seem to get heard.

---GNR---
Annie
« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2013, 07:35:17 PM »

Wow, am completely speechless how this has dragged out.

People, it'll all be ok. 

GNR related news will soon be available.  If that's too long, sorry.

Thanks.

(If I go and answer or give my personal views; I am unprofessional.  If I don't give my views; I am a heartless prick.)  Take that as you will, as you certainly already have.
We love you Fernando! Just adopt the Bitty Ted Of Gisborne philosophy. Hot people like me. Those who don't are well... not worthy of me! hihi
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:48:19 PM by Lumen » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »

OK, but what percentage of people are we talking about here?

You are talking about the niche of a niche at this point, no?  Not just online posters, but online posters who want backstage passes, and may or may not have been cheery posters?  What sort of numbers are those?  Gotta be slim.

The vast, vast majority of us aren't after backstage passes.  We are just wondering why its like pulling teeth to get any updates here.

Imagine for a moment, Axl decided he was not near ready for a new album, but here's 3 new tracks.  Here you go.  Be back soon.  Give us some time.

Think how that would go over.  Especially considering its rather unprecedented for this current operation.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FootSoldier
Headliner

« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »

You are talking about the niche of a niche at this point, no?  Not just online posters, but online posters who want backstage passes, and may or may not have been cheery posters?  What sort of numbers are those?  Gotta be slim.

The vast, vast majority of us aren't after backstage passes.  We are just wondering why its like pulling teeth to get any updates here.

Imagine for a moment, Axl decided he was not near ready for a new album, but here's 3 new tracks.  Here you go.  Be back soon.  Give us some time.

Think how that would go over.  Especially considering its rather unprecedented for this current operation.

i was merely musing... i wasnt trying to get nitty gritty

---GNR---
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »

Imagine for a moment that Axl and Guns N' Roses are under contract to a label and may not be able to just drop three new tracks out of nowhere without label approval.

There's so many variables with releasing music when you've got contracts in place.

I really don't get the impatience - the band was touring up until July. Don't they deserve some time off? Let Tommy do the 'Mats shows (I saw them last night) to help out Slim. Let Dizzy and Richard do the Dead Daisies. I just don't see why everyone needs an immediate update the second they stop touring.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »

To be honest, I dont like at all the protagonism this ''team brazil'' thing is taking nowadays. I dont like this new era of GNR fans that think they need to worship the whole lebeis family, the guy who admins the website, the guy who gives the free passes, Ashba's girlfriend and all that kind of stuff that looks ''low'' to my eyes, at least for a megaband like GNR. I try to find analogies with other big acts and I fail. Fernando's responses here could have been cool in another context of the past, for example, back in 2006 when he was merely the son of Axl's assistant. But now, as someone said here (Soul Mounster, if im not wrong), he's management. You may like the idea (i, personally, find it scary... and nothing against him or the Lebeis family, but I think managing a megaband like Guns is a major task and should be done by major professionals... but hey! this is not my choice, just my 2 cents) or not, but that's how things are now and we have to accept them.

One thing that amazes me is the fact that being in the 21st century and having LOTS of (free) communication technologies such as facebook, twitter, instagram, mailing lists, etc doesn't guarantee AT ALL a better communication, and GNR is the most perfect example of that. The band has now a twitter, a facebook, instagram, official website, backplane and even the manager himself comes to the boards to talk to some trolls with lots of free times... but yet effective communications is absent. GNR was ''silent'' from 2001 to 2007. Now GNR is probably one of the most talkative/via-internet bands in the world, but we still experience the same fuc*ing problems of the 2001-2007 era. But the bad thing is the ''mistery'' aura that (possitively) surrounded the band back then (from day zero, to be more precise, not only 2001-2007) is lost now.

I, myself, dont expect anything from this band anymore. If they come to southamerica I will attend all shows as I always did, and I will keep buying every single thing they release. But I will not spend the dead times between ''news'' with this kind of gossip and worshipping people that is not GNR. Ozzy's personal assistant Tony Dennis is a very important part of his life but he's not Black Sabbath.

Regarding ''Going Down'', I think it's a fabulous song, and gives me lots of optimism for the future. I would die to hear more new songs Smiley
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:34:45 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2013, 08:35:06 PM »

Imagine for a moment that Axl and Guns N' Roses are under contract to a label and may not be able to just drop three new tracks out of nowhere without label approval.

Does it ever strike you odd that everything is always so allegedly complicated and supposedly impossible to get done?  Things every other band in the world seems to do all the time?  Release music, tour, promote their own work?  Why is it so different for GNR?

I do understand your overall point.  But let's be real here.  Axl proposes a quick EP type thing to tide people over, the label says no?  Fuck you, Axl?  Does that seem logical?

As for your other point about what to expect, here's one.  I'll start getting encouraged when the others are asked about an album and they stop responding with laughter.  Or can talk about time there were all in the studio together, ever.  Is this a huge ask?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »

Does it ever strike you odd that everything is always so allegedly complicated and supposedly impossible to get done?  Things every other band in the world seems to do all the time?  Release music, tour, promote their own work?  Why is it so different for GNR?

I do understand your overall point.  But let's be real here.  Axl proposes a quick EP type thing to tide people over, the label says no?  Fuck you, Axl?  Does that seem logical?

As for your other point about what to expect, here's one.  I'll start getting encouraged when the others are asked about an album and they stop responding with laughter.  Or can talk about time there were all in the studio together, ever.  Is this a huge ask?

Was there not a pretty strong rumour a while back that the label had rejected an album? I don't recall what became of that rumour but honestly, not every other band drops tracks left right and centre. The NIN and Radioheads of the world do, the Pumpkins were able to (then went back to major label support for Oceania), but that's not to say Guns has the same freedom they do. We aren't privy to the details of whatever contract(s) is/are in place and what is in place may be left over from the 90s and far stricter than what's around today. Who knows.

Again, they just finished touring. It has been a matter of weeks and people are upset that they're not laying down tracks. I've waited longer for a new Tool album than a new Guns album right now, it's not like this is the only band slow to put out material.
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »

Manets, what kind of an answer to the five questions would make you happy? Be honest.  Smiley

/jarmo

ANY. I mean it. And I believe this applies to 99,99% of the fans, including MyGNR.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »

Manets, what kind of an answer to the five questions would make you happy? Be honest.  Smiley

/jarmo

ANY. I mean it. And I believe this applies to 99,99% of the fans, including MyGNR.

Well, just something that at least resembles a straight answer.  Don't need to hear the album drops in 90 days, but at least somewhat stick to the point.

Not the usual vague Axlspeak about nefarious forces at work and the ongoing daily struggle against oppression and subjugation.  That might all sound important, but when the question was "so, how you been?", its a bit much.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2013, 09:02:10 PM »

Esteban, nobody's talking about worship as you put it. I don't really care what people think of me. Thinking back to 1996, I don't remember starting this site to get people to worship me.

Your comments about professional this or that, what gave you the impression that those so called professionals did such an excellent perfect job in the past? Obviously it wasn't perfect since there were multiple people who came and went.

Maybe the issue is based on something else and not the so called professionalism?

I also don't necessarily understand why some always feel targeted when somebody responds to something. It might be something Axl says, it might be something Fernando says. It might be a response to one individual, but suddenly you have a group of people being upset and yelling "unprofessional!".

When Axl called the Internet a big garbage can, do you think he also meant savethechildren.org? How about F1.com?

It seems like some are quick to be "part of a group" and get upset over something, even when a comment is aimed at one individual. Yet on other occasions it's "every man for themselves".

So "maybe", "I don't know" etc. is fine?

He answered a question about new music earlier this year:

Cameron Adams: Can we expect new music from GN'R in 2013 by chance?
Axl: I can give you a definite maybe.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »

That was one of the five questions.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »

Has anyone considered that maybe the band really isn't sure and don't want to say anything right now?

They flat out said they don't have any current news and will tell the fans when there is something to announce... and people flipped their shit. Why? You'll get news when there's news, why ask for dates that aren't firm/may change anyway?

I swear Guns has the most frustrating fanbase I've ever seen.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2013, 09:22:06 PM »

That was one of the five questions.

Do you think you would get a different answer now, compared to earlier this year? And if you didn't, would you feel let down?

You take it upon yourself to compile questions, then you send them to people around Axl hoping for a response. When there's no response, some seemed to get upset.
Even if there was a response, chances are the answers might be something you already know?

If you're told something you already know, is that fine or would you feel let down because you didn't get an answer that offered you something new?

I'm just curious. That's all.

Has anyone considered that maybe the band really isn't sure and don't want to say anything right now?

They flat out said they don't have any current news and will tell the fans when there is something to announce... and people flipped their shit. Why? You'll get news when there's news, why ask for dates that aren't firm/may change anyway?

I agree with that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »

To play devil's advocate for a moment, think of a few of your other favorite bands.

Where would you rank GNR's relationship and/or respect for their fanbase versus the others?  Guns N' Roses is my favorite band ever and always will be.  They also finish behind every other favorite band I have ever had from any era in regards to how they treat their fans.

What I'm getting at is, we aren't exactly treated like gold.  When the band's attitude is more of a "you'll get what you get when you get it, its never enough for you people"...its going to buy you less leeway and goodwill, no?  It also is totally dishonest, because it implies we are given a great deal and are never satisfied.  We are given table scraps and are supposed to think its manna from heaven.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »

What gives you the impression GN'R doesn't respect their fans?

I don't think respecting fans equals putting out products to sell.

/jarmo

FootSoldier
Headliner

« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »

its very much a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. I think if fans pushed any band this hard they would retreat into their shell a little bit. Try demanding an album or questions answered or updates from the Rolling Stones or U2. I doubt any of their band members would ever reply to you individually (as some GNR members do) and good luck even trying to contact their management team without going through an insufferable web.

We may not get all the music we want, but we are pretty lucky in a lot of ways  Smiley

---GNR---
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2013, 09:32:26 PM »

What gives you the impression GN'R doesn't respect their fans?

What other band treats their fans like this?

Its get back to what I was saying earlier.  You cut off all communication, sometimes for YEARS at a time...you really can't bitch when people get antsy.

We waited for this album for an eon.  It comes out, Axl goes MIA for over a solid year.  Who does that?  That's a natural thing?  To work on something all that time, do precisely zero promotion outside a few unfocused chats on some random message boards, and that's normal?  And WE become the bad guys when we ask what that's about?

You do precisely zero interviews outside some pre-arranged thing with a handpicked guy like Del?  You have no major announcement for your tour, you do zero promotion in any town you are in, and that's all just business as usual?  Where?  The Bizarro Homeworld?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: