Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:12:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 111328 times)
Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »

I would kill to know Axl's thoughts on Ben Affleck being casted as Batman.  Was that one of the 5 questions? hihi

Haha, good one!

I think all the GNR community needs is new music...a lot of the bitterness will disappear if we actually have something to talk about.

Even the haters will stop hating...

Interesting.

Is the root of the negativity the fact that there's no new album out? Or is the root of negativity a little group of people who will never be happy, no matter what and them influencing a larger group to become negative (who in turn would be happier with a new album out)?

What I'm saying is that this negativity and bitterness. Is that one group, or more smaller groups?

Is it like this: O - one big group of negative/bitter people that would become happy people with a new release.
Or like this: . o - one tiny group that'll never be happy because they love the attention, and another group influenced by the smaller group, that would be happy with a new release.

Huh

/jarmo

My argument for the "New music will stop the hating" theory is this: It didn't stop when CD was released...

As I've said, I understand why people get upset and I believe they should be able to express the things they don't like, I just think they can do it without crossing lines.

You can never stop the hating when some haters hate the band for simply continuing on. There will ALWAYS be haters. But that's okay. If it bothers you, stay away from those forums that have them. It really is that simple. Whatever you do, don't let it get to you. Life's too short to let it be influenced by such people.

The problem, if there really is one, isn't the rather small amount of people who will never be happy, but the sentiment of the more normal fans, those that constitute the majority of fans, and there has been a swing towards negativity lately, and, as I have said a few times now, this pendulum could be stopped by Axl or Team Brazil taking the time to give us a little more information about Axl's vision for GN'R, short term and long term, because uncertainty fuels frustration.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »

My argument for the "New music will stop the hating" theory is this: It didn't stop when CD was released...

As I've said, I understand why people get upset and I believe they should be able to express the things they don't like, I just think they can do it without crossing lines.

But how many times do you need to see something obvious like "I would love to have a new GN'R album out"?
Have you ever met a fan that wouldn't like their favorite band to release a new album?

How about "it's the same setlist!"?  hihi

Or the all time classic "It's not GN'R!".

/jarmo

I've never heard ANY of those complaints! (I kid, I kid!)

I just think as time passes some become more impatient than others. I'm just saying I get people's frustrations overall.

You know what.... it has been pretty much the same set list for a while..... and to a lot of people.... it isnt GNR.... thats their opinion... but just as annoying as those people saying it.... its equally annoying when people defend it till they are blue in the face .....

I think we should ALL move past that stuff by now..... like russ jsut said... people are just frustrated by the lack of production...especially when DVD's, CD 2 , documentaries seem to have so much trouble seeing the light of day

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »

let's say  its true that Axl submitted an album in 2010 and it was rejected by the label or that the label is not allowing the DVD release.....

wouldn't it be beneficial to this guy Fernando or whoever to state that?

wouldn't the "community" as a whole be a little more understanding ? i dont know... just a thought i had

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2013, 04:04:59 PM »

I guess you would know what you did for backstage passes.... Have some mouthwash! Wink

/jarmo

There's no need to go so low.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2013, 04:06:28 PM »

It would take Axl all of 5 minutes of his life to give us a quick shout out.  The goodwill that would do is not worth it?  Of course it is.  

The frustrating thing about Axl is the perception he could not be bothered.  And before you tell me "I have no idea if that's true"...THAT'S THE POINT.  No one ever has any idea.  But I think we do tire of being lectured to and assured that Axl is super positive and very willing to talk to us (nevermind that he never does).

Is that unfair?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »

let's say  its true that Axl submitted an album in 2010 and it was rejected by the label or that the label is not allowing the DVD release.....

wouldn't it be beneficial to this guy Fernando or whoever to state that?

wouldn't the "community" as a whole be a little more understanding ? i dont know... just a thought i had

Noble thought.

It would work for some, most of whom are already aware of these things.  Smiley
Others would just post the same old "it's just excuses, _____ (insert artist) manages to release albums".

I guess you would know what you did for backstage passes.... Have some mouthwash! Wink

/jarmo

True, but you didn't see his original post.....  Smiley

It would take Axl all of 5 minutes of his life to give us a quick shout out.  The goodwill that would do is not worth it?  Of course it is. 

Is it really that simple?

That some fans just need reaffirmation from Axl?

I think certain people only want a number of things from Axl. One of them is a release date. Unless it's tentative!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:15:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2013, 04:19:57 PM »

Jarmo -

I think people (myself included, to be totally upfront) get frustrated with you because you won't ever even concede that other side might have a point from time to time.

Does Axl "owe" me or anyone an answer to anything?  Of course not.  But the question is...what is preferable?  Is it silence that leads to resentment and anger?  Or does taking a quick few minutes to speak to us more than once every 4 years a good thing, or a bad thing?  Which is the smarter play?

And while I have your ear, question I have had for years.  Axl constantly laments how untruths are printed, right?  Legit beef, I would agree.  Well, if he doesn't take the time to set things straight, isn't that his own fault?  Or at the least, if he chooses not to clarify, doesn't he have to live with the perception?

How mad can you get when you don't lift a finger to correct the record?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »

/jarmo

True, but you didn't see his original post.....  Smiley
/jarmo

Yes, I did, there was no big deal.
Anyway, whatever...
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38:43 PM »

People will always complain...about everything! I don't post very often and when i do i tend not to elaborate much simply because we're just like every other message board out there...weather it's a mb about gnr or about a tv show, there is always people who nitpick everything, i mean everyone has they're own opinion and they're entitled to it but some people just see things in a really fucked up way, others they just like to hate.

Now...why hate team brazil ? Beta was a maid (we get it, the jokes can stop now) but she stuck with Axl for more than 20 years and cares about him, her family cares about him, imho the only reason we may think they're not qualified to be gnr's managers is not because of the lack of experience but maybe because of they're relationship with him (and this is only my opinion, im sorry if im way off), they will never push him into making things he doesnt want too or pushing him to do things quicker or maybe they will push him BUT not as some greedy manager would.

This is the only downside i can think off, because 20 years of watching other managers and dealing with axl is enough experience to take care of the band, now again imho i think that what TB really care about is knowing that axl's happy, sure we fans want music and think that a band's job is to make music and yada yada yada, i can relate to that, i as much as any other fan would like to see axl shutting up everyone that says gnr sucks nowadays and release more music BUT axl is an artist, and a band isnt something you apply to and then when you do get the job you have obligations...NO!

A band imo is a group of people unleashing they're creativity upon the world...how many painters take several years before they paint again or any other artist? Do people really prefer if axl released a shitty money grabbing record every 2 or 3 years with the same old crap like a lot of bands do ? I sure as hell don't, if axl is happy touring and living his life and hasnt reached to a point where he woke up and thought "i need to get to a studio" or "i need to release *insert name of the song* now" then we have no right to go around offending everyone because we think we're entitled to this or that or whatever, bullshit! We're entitled to appreciate what axl releases when he decided to release it! that's the only thing as fans were entitled too...

So to continue my point, if axl is happy then TB isnt going to push him into doing things he doesnt want too...that's what a big greedy manager like i previously said would do but not TB because they're his family and they work for him not for us, this is my opinion on how things work, the only reason tb took over was because they were fucking tired of watching they're friend,brother,son, whatever being fucked in the ass by every big man on the business, they took over and they deal with things but they're purpose is being a sort of "extension" of axl, they represent him and when he wants to tour they arrange it, when he wants an album or interview or a hotdog they arrange it...get my point ?

But now haters say "but we are paying they're salary"...BULLSHIT!

Everytime we pay for something we're "buying" something, if we buy a ticket we get a show, if we  buy an album we get ...an album?! and if we buy a tshirt we get a fucking tshirt! Unless tb has been charging fans a monthly fee to fund the next album , in that case im sorry i didnt get the memo. So like i was saying, were not entitled to anything except what we pay for.

TB has accomplished a lot in a couple of years, sure plans change, things get cancelled and i as any other fan would like to know why BUT im not going to insult them for it, this is gonna be pointless but people do like axl and go out and live your life, when the next album comes you will know about it! Stop the abuse and the hate...how many bands as big as gnr are as reachable ? bbf, fernando, pitman...etc...they all talk to the fans and what do they get in return ? stupid insults.
People forget about the good things and tend to nitpick,criticize,hate everything.

Smoke some kush while listening to chinese democracy, enjoy it and enjoy life, you'll see that new music will come faster than you expected.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:42:19 PM by team-axl » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »

Sorry to cause you frustration because I don't think things are always as simple as some people post on the Internet.

Does Axl "owe" me or anyone an answer to anything?  Of course not.  But the question is...what is preferable?  Is it silence that leads to resentment and anger?  Or does taking a quick few minutes to speak to us more than once every 4 years a good thing, or a bad thing?  Which is the smarter play?

Glad you see the "owing" point.

But, on the other hand, there's nothing that fixes everything. That's my opinion.

For some fans a "Hi, we don't have any news at the moment, but as soon as we do, we'll let you know" is enough. I get that. On the other hand, you have a minority that won't be happy with that. Then you have people who really don't care if there's no updates about "nothing".

Myself, as you might know, I'm in the last category. I grew up in a time before the Internet was widely used. So I didn't get updates from my favorite bands. This is true for many fans.

Now some might say, but we have the Internet, use it. Yes we do! But why can't they respect the fact that not everybody is alike? Some are very open about their lives, others are more private. There's no right or wrong, no matter what you prefer. In my opinion.

And while I have your ear, question I have had for years.  Axl constantly laments how untruths are printed, right?  Legit beef, I would agree.  Well, if he doesn't take the time to set things straight, isn't that his own fault?  Or at the least, if he chooses not to clarify, doesn't he have to live with the perception?

How mad can you get when you don't lift a finger to correct the record?

There's been plenty of cases where he has commented on things.
What has the reaction been like?

Yes, I did, there was no big deal.
Anyway, whatever...

The post I removed with the insults?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »

All the GNR community (well most of us) are looking for is a little transparency.

Fans: Is the Vegas dvd coming

GNR camp: Yes or no, because

Fans: Is a new album coming

GNR: Not any time soon (for example)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »

Well, what is that supposed to mean? 

He can't ever communicate because it doesn't always go swimmingly and there some idiots out there still butthurt Slash left 17 years ago?  As you said (and I agree) those people are lost causes.  Never going to be happy.  Hell with 'em.

Still doesn't make his decision to maintain radio silence all the damn time a smart one.  At the end of the day, we are still lifelong fans that want to see things go smoother and better for the whole operation. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »

Well, what is that supposed to mean? 

It means what it says.  Wink  hihi

He can't ever communicate because it doesn't always go swimmingly and there some idiots out there still butthurt Slash left 17 years ago? 

I didn't say that.

I was just wondering if you remember all the support and love all those times Axl talked about something that was on his mind.

I don't know about you, but sometimes it's easy to forget that Axl is just being himself. Yes I know, you can accuse me of being annoying or whatever for saying that, but to me, that's the constant through all these years of being a fan.

I remember when he wasn't doing a lot of interviews.
Now he's done a bunch. Which is awesome. But it's not enough for some.

Still doesn't make his decision to maintain radio silence all the damn time a smart one.  At the end of the day, we are still lifelong fans that want to see things go smoother and better for the whole operation. 

I don't know what the reason(s) are. I just don't blame him for not wanting to do something unless he's comfortable doing it.

I mean if he doesn't want to tweet what he had for breakfast, he doesn't have to. A very extreme example, I know. But you get the point.

That's my opinion, and if it frustrates you and others, sorry.  Smiley

A bunch of my favorite artists don't post updates, tweets etc.. Some of them barely say anything other than "Thank you" at shows.  Grin

/jarmo

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »

Guys I have been going through a rough time in my life which includes going to marriage counseling.  I walked in there thinking everything was my spouse's fault.  Turns out that wasn't always the case.  It also wasn't so much that we had conflict - it was how we dealt with it.  The process.  I think that comes into play here. 

There are some really terrible posters in the GNR community.  Their are posts are usually laced with profanity and hatred.  Forget them.   What I would suggest is Fernando communicating with some of the reasonable fans who have some suggestions they would like to see implemented.  People that will give honest,  sincere feedback.  On the flip side, I think the people who run these GNR forums need to demand better posting.  In addition posters need to improve their tone and stop saying things they don't really mean.  The "big" forum has some really terrible posters.  Quantity doesn't equal quality.   I also think the band should have a bigger presence here and perhaps at thegnrforum to change the direction of the forum community.  A shift to places that have polite loyal fans.  We need a change.  The current community has become toxic.  Not here - but we all know the place I refer to. 
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »

Wow, am completely speechless how this has dragged out.

People, it'll all be ok. 

GNR related news will soon be available.  If that's too long, sorry.

Thanks.

(If I go and answer or give my personal views; I am unprofessional.  If I don't give my views; I am a heartless prick.)  Take that as you will, as you certainly already have.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »

On a PERSONAL unrelated GNR topic, ADz does suck.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2013, 06:59:30 PM »

It's not too long as long as it involves a 3D bluray  Grin

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »

that's ok to me, take your time to give us some news, but only good ones please  ok

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Mathieu
Opening Act

« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »

The recent tone of discussion is indeed miserable. However, sorry but it feels silly to go on "who started it first".

The bottom line is that many people, and I'm sure in this camp, believe the best might have yet to come from Axl. It's also just natural to want more of what you enjoyed. It was quite an experience to hear Chinese Democracy on the day of its release at home from the first to last song. It was 15 years of patiently waiting and reading any kind of short press updates especially during the late '90. It would be nice to think we could soon hear more of the Chinese Democracy recording session.

At some points we had the Chinese Democracy re-release rumours. During 2013 it was also about the DVD/Blue-ray which has not got a release date. Even the Chinese Democracy follow up sounded like something not too far from ready even back in the Axl forum chats back in 2008. Now band members speak about composing new songs. Well, there is maybe 10-20 already existing songs I'd like to hear before that. ;-)

Maybe a better approach could be to contact straight the record label. Back in the '90 the Geffen publicist was even updating MTV on the progress of the new album that became Chinese Democracy. Assuming that all recordings, mixing and mastering are either complete or well under way by the band, it would be easy to assume the label is somehow holding things. Or at very least to dragging it beyond everyone patience. We sure haven't heard any statement from the label following Chinese Democracy.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »

It's not too long as long as it involves a 3D bluray  Grin

This is going to be epic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: