Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:57:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 111316 times)
Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »

It's typical manager's speak full of politeness and vagueness, but it works! Cheesy In my opinion it just doesn't look good when he so obviously makes a point of being hurt by the abuse hurled at his family from a few kids over at various Internet sites. They should be able to rise above such things. They are management now.

This is exactly what I've been thinking too of this whole situation. Do you see anything like this happening with other big bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden etc.? No, never. Why? Because their management knows exactly what to do.

But we should give them some time. It takes time to get that thick skin. And still, the important thing is how they are able to facilitate the band's goals and objectives. THAT is what makes them good managers, not the occasional human fragility displayed in messages on social media Smiley
I agree. And about the human fragility aspect, everyone has to keep in mind that although they are part of GN'R's management team now, Team Brazil (e.g. Fernando and Beta) were family long before that.  Point being that if someone insults your family, for example, your mother, though it may not be professional to react with anger and defensiveness, it is human.  Decoupling the personal and professional aspects there may fall into the "easier said than done" category.

Ali

Yeah, I agree completely. Well said.

I think my conclusion must be that I hope Fernando will come back here again soon, and that we can talk about Guns N' Roses and not about haters.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »

It's typical manager's speak full of politeness and vagueness, but it works! Cheesy In my opinion it just doesn't look good when he so obviously makes a point of being hurt by the abuse hurled at his family from a few kids over at various Internet sites. They should be able to rise above such things. They are management now.

This is exactly what I've been thinking too of this whole situation. Do you see anything like this happening with other big bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden etc.? No, never. Why? Because their management knows exactly what to do.

But we should give them some time. It takes time to get that thick skin. And still, the important thing is how they are able to facilitate the band's goals and objectives. THAT is what makes them good managers, not the occasional human fragility displayed in messages on social media Smiley
I agree. And about the human fragility aspect, everyone has to keep in mind that although they are part of GN'R's management team now, Team Brazil (e.g. Fernando and Beta) were family long before that.  Point being that if someone insults your family, for example, your mother, though it may not be professional to react with anger and defensiveness, it is human.  Decoupling the personal and professional aspects there may fall into the "easier said than done" category.

Ali

Yeah, I agree completely. Well said.

I think my conclusion must be that I hope Fernando will come back here again soon, and that we can talk about Guns N' Roses and not about haters.

I agree with your last statement 110%.

Ali
maynard
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2013, 02:03:42 PM »

Ali and Jarmo sound like brainwashed zombies. Things people do for backstage passes. Pathetic posters.
Annie
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2013, 02:06:31 PM »

Ali and Jarmo sound like brainwashed zombies. Things people do for backstage passes. Pathetic posters.
I have never received a backstage pass. I am just being honest. Ali wrote some beautiful posts. And Jarmo really cares about the band and his website. It's called loyalty.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »

I interpreted the sentence "the destructive criticism hinders the outcome" as Fernando saying that all the destructive criticism makes it harder for the band/management to do their job, which would necessarily be bad for us fans. What do you think he meant with that sentence?

Well for one, it gives all fans a bad reputation. As I pointed out. Or at least tried.
Also, all that negativity will affect people differently. Maybe some will change their attitude to fit in with that crowd.

I think negativity breeds more negativity. A little negative group of people among a bigger group will just make more people negative. I still don't really understand what the negativity in the name of freedom achieves, at the end of the day. If it's wishing the best for someone, it's kinda a weird way of showing it.

I don't necessarily think it makes their job more difficult.
Unless you have a lot of people emailing them asking for comments about a comment on a picture. For example, imagine having hundreds of messages from people trying to get a rise out of you because they read on the Internet about something you allegedly did/said.

It just makes your inbox more cluttered.... Wink

It's usually good to see the band's management actually communicating with the fans, but when I see messages like "I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material.  Well, I guess that's it.  We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything.  MSL and co will pay for what they did" and "complaints, complaints, complaints." from the band's management, that doesn't seem very professional to me. I have no big complaints about Fernando's new message from today, it's just these couple earlier messages (sent by Beta for example) that bother me, that's all.

Ok. The issue here is that people need to realize the difference between a few things. Private conversations are not press releases or updates.
As well as the fact that a bunch of people are fishing for info any way they can.

People are not posting GN'R questions only on forums, Facebook and so on. They post them in places that have very little to do with GN'R.
Just because a person works for GN'R, doesn't mean they're not allowed to be a human being at times.

And why is one comment aimed at one person suddenly aimed at a group of people?

I guess you would know what you did for backstage passes.... Have some mouthwash! Wink

You must've accidentally mistaken this site for some other site where your post would be followed by comments on how great it was...

Last warning. Next time I won't be as nice. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:42:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »

If Fernando lined it up w/ Axl come on here ready to answer questions tonight, would people actually have questions ready without it becoming a free for all?

Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2013, 02:27:26 PM »

If Fernando lined it up w/ Axl come on here ready to answer questions tonight, would people actually have questions ready without it becoming a free for all?

I think this is the only forum that something like that could be done. I like how other forums are busy, but they sacrifice having haters for popularity.

Also, is this the right time for questions? I mentioned this on another forum, if the band is making plans for 2014 then there's probably not much publicly they can talk about apart from general chit-chat. It would be cool, but if something like that were to happen early next year, then it could be more worthwhile.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2013, 02:46:15 PM »

I think this is the only forum that something like that could be done. I like how other forums are busy, but they sacrifice having haters for popularity.

Also, is this the right time for questions? I mentioned this on another forum, if the band is making plans for 2014 then there's probably not much publicly they can talk about apart from general chit-chat. It would be cool, but if something like that were to happen early next year, then it could be more worthwhile.

There's a lot they can ask about the past 15 years that hasn't been brought up before, possible documentary film or a book about the making of the album, actually putting it all out there, ending the speculation of what was really going on from 95-08 ,and why they were running into problems on getting it made, that had never happened to any other band for that length of time. It probably is more mundane and about as fun as getting dental work done than we assume it to be.

It's probably a good time to look back at that, the songs on the album that haven't been discussed, the past 5 years of touring and road stories, and of course, wanting to know what's in store in the future - if there's still a relationship with the record company, or fences had to be mended over how Interscope handled things at the time. GNR made Geffen a wealthy man to have a stake in Dreamworks, yet they get thrown under the bus with new management changing people around, cutting a lot of people loose who had worked with GNR for years.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2013, 02:53:36 PM »

I would kill to know Axl's thoughts on Ben Affleck being casted as Batman.  Was that one of the 5 questions? hihi
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:55:31 PM by sofine11 » Logged
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

I think all the GNR community needs is new music...a lot of the bitterness will disappear if we actually have something to talk about.

Even the haters will stop hating...

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »

All those issues are probably to personal to all those involved that it's just not worth the headache to publicly speak about, otherwise, they would have openly mentioned them in the interviews over the past 10 years. Sure, as a fan I agree it would be cool to find out a bit more about that stuff, but thinking logically, it would be hard to speak about those issues without digging up the past.

Ultimately I'd be more looking forward to the future, in hoping I get a CD in my hand or see GNR on tour in 2014 then I'm happy. If Axl was to pop on for questions that would be cool too, but if he hasn't done it for a while then he probably has his reasons why he doesn't and they probably still stand.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »

The haters will always hate, until they actually get a girlfriend or find something more interesting than posting daily about a band they don't like.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »

I would kill to know Axl's thoughts on Ben Affleck being casted as Batman.  Was that one of the 5 questions? hihi

Haha, good one!

I think all the GNR community needs is new music...a lot of the bitterness will disappear if we actually have something to talk about.

Interesting.

Is the root of the negativity the fact that there's no new album out? Or is the root of negativity a little group of people who will never be happy, no matter what and them influencing a larger group to become negative (who in turn would be happier with a new album out)?

What I'm saying is that this negativity and bitterness. Is that one group, or more smaller groups?

Is it like this: O - one big group of negative/bitter people that would become happy people with a new release.
Or like this: . o - one tiny group that'll never be happy because they love the attention, and another group influenced by the smaller group, that would be happy with a new release.

Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »

Haha, good one!

Interesting.

Is the root of the negativity the fact that there's no new album out? Or is the root of negativity a little group of people who will never be happy, no matter what and them influencing a larger group to become negative (who in turn would be happier with a new album out)?

What I'm saying is that this negativity and bitterness. Is that one group, or more smaller groups?

Is it like this: O - one big group of negative/bitter people that would become happy people with a new release.
Or like this: . o - one tiny group that'll never be happy because they love the attention, and another group influenced by the smaller group, that would be happy with a new release.

Huh

/jarmo

My argument for the "New music will stop the hating" theory is this: It didn't stop when CD was released...

As I've said, I understand why people get upset and I believe they should be able to express the things they don't like, I just think they can do it without crossing lines.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Annie
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »

me too.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2013, 03:23:27 PM »

My argument for the "New music will stop the hating" theory is this: It didn't stop when CD was released...

As I've said, I understand why people get upset and I believe they should be able to express the things they don't like, I just think they can do it without crossing lines.

But how many times do you need to see something obvious like "I would love to have a new GN'R album out"?
Have you ever met a fan that wouldn't like their favorite band to release a new album?

How about "it's the same setlist!"?  hihi

Or the all time classic "It's not GN'R!".

/jarmo

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2013, 03:32:23 PM »

Haha, good one!

Interesting.

Huh

/jarmo

Of course there will always be people with an unhealthy negative attitude but judging by something new that was heard last week the fans are ready for new music and have a great positive attitude.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:10 PM »

Haha, good one!

Interesting.

Huh

/jarmo

To be fair we all heard CD for 6-7 years before it came out....

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:54 PM »

/jarmo

Only complete pathetic morons complain about things like that

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »

But how many times do you need to see something obvious like "I would love to have a new GN'R album out"?
Have you ever met a fan that wouldn't like their favorite band to release a new album?

/jarmo

I've never heard ANY of those complaints! (I kid, I kid!)

I just think as time passes some become more impatient than others. I'm just saying I get people's frustrations overall.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: