Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:39:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 111190 times)
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »

Oh, now you touched my wounds.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »

Sorry about that. I understand that you don't want to answer.

Nowhere did I attack any site in particular or however people choose to run their sites. It's up to them.
I just pointed out a little group of people and how it appears they conduct themselves. It's my opinion.

I merely pointed out the fact that I'd rather have a constructive conversation, than read through lots of insults aimed at other members (who usually go to fan sites for the same reasons you and I do), the band or people close to the band.

If you prefer the latter, I really couldn't care less.

The fact that you had to try to insult this site is kinda funny though. Yet here you are....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Steffi
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2013, 01:14:26 PM »

No one is demmanding anything. Did you even read the letter? One of the GNR employees told me the letter was excellent and very touching, but I guess you'd know better, right?  ok

I know better than what?
That once there was a tweet, some people got upset about it? Because they felt targeted? Because they felt that was a response to their touching letter?

Congratulations on writing a touching and excellent letter. Smiley

No one is demanding anything? Aren't you the same person who said something like "all we want is a new album"? And then got upset by the response to your comment?

And "attention seeking negativity filled verbal diarrhea"? What? Do you even read MyGNR? Because if you did you'd know it's nothing like it. Even if it was, though... Better than thiz zombieland. The biggest activity you had this week was just today when people from MyGNR came to post here. Congratulations.

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to think that you had to come here to communicate with management.
Quality over quantity. Wink

Sorry if you felt targeted. Or maybe you're defending your online pals. It's understandable. After all, didn't they used to make fun of you in the past?

/jarmo

Try to take a page from Fernando, be more positive!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »

Oh, don't you worry about that.  ok

beer

Manets, what kind of an answer to the five questions would make you happy? Be honest.  Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:23:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2013, 01:23:20 PM »

Fernando said, "the destructive criticism hinders the outcome". I don't know how else that should be interpreted. And the fact that he decides to post here to talk about the haters who insult him and his family, pretty conclusively tells us it does affect him.

Affecting as in "you took time out of your day to respond"?

I don't think it affects him in the way that he loses sleep over it or let's it affect his job or decision making.

Affecting as in him saying that "the destructive criticism hinders the outcome" and as in him devoting the content of a post to express his frustration with it. What that does to his sleep is something I am not going to speculate on Smiley, but I am happy to hear from one that knows him that it probably doesn't Cheesy. I mean, there are thousands of reason why a rock band manager could chose to interact with the fan base, and most of them would be extremely gratifying to the fans, Fernando chose to do it to address a few moronic kids who get a rise over throwing retarded insults his way, something he should just basically ignore.

Jude
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »

Well yeah, this goes to show that this new management team of GNR could be more professional when it comes to handling these kind of situations.

Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »

Well yeah, this goes to show that this new management team of GNR could be more professional when it comes to handling these kind of situations.

But they are new at the job and they do get an ENORMOUS amount of hate posts thrown their way, so I think we should give them some slack. In my ideal world Fernando's first post in this thread could have been written like this:

"I spent a few hours reading through some of the larger forums and I understand the fans' frustration. As I said in an earlier statement, we are currently working on things for the future and I hope to be able to share it with you in a short time. I hope you understand that I can't go in any details right now. I would also like to apologize to the authors of the "open letter" for not responding explicitly to them. The statement I sent out was not in response to that letter. I hope to be able to come back to those questions when things are falling into place. For now, I wish you all the best and look forward to share exciting events for 2014 with you all. Best regards, Fernando at Team Brazil".

It's typical manager's speak full of politeness and vagueness, but it works! Cheesy In my opinion it just doesn't look good when he so obviously makes a point of being hurt by the abuse hurled at his family from a few kids over at various Internet sites. They should be able to rise above such things. They are management now.

I do understand his desire to address the abuse taking place on some forums -- we are only human! -- but I am afraid that venue has been sort of blocked after taking a management position. It is simply not a battle a manager is supposed to take. He should rise above silly Internet thugs, take the high road and not go into battle with the trolls and haters.
Annie
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »

The "most active forum" is not a bad, hateful place. It is the only place where all kinds of opinions are allowed, that includes hateful opinions from douches, yes, but they're just a few.
Yeah but those douches tend to flood all the threads. Alot of the threads are also very hateful and say the same old same old.
Annie
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »

I think that they care enough to come post on this forum is above and beyond. What further proof do you need that they care about the genuine fans? Do you think Irving Azoff would have given a rat's ass about ANY of us? And they had the fanclub set aside a few tickets for the Brooklyn Bowl so diehards like myself and Bitty Ted got to go!
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »

It's typical manager's speak full of politeness and vagueness, but it works! Cheesy In my opinion it just doesn't look good when he so obviously makes a point of being hurt by the abuse hurled at his family from a few kids over at various Internet sites. They should be able to rise above such things. They are management now.

This is exactly what I've been thinking too of this whole situation. Do you see anything like this happening with other big bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden etc.? No, never. Why? Because their management knows exactly what to do.

Annie
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »

This is exactly what I've been thinking too of this whole situation. Do you see anything like this happening with other big bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden etc.? No, never. Why? Because their management knows exactly what to do.
I disagree. I think it shows genuine sincerity which is rare in today's world.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »

Affecting as in him saying that "the destructive criticism hinders the outcome" and as in him devoting the content of a post to express his frustration with it. What that does to his sleep is something I am not going to speculate on Smiley, but I am happy to hear from one that knows him that it probably doesn't Cheesy. I mean, there are thousands of reason why a rock band manager could chose to interact with the fan base, and most of them would be extremely gratifying to the fans, Fernando chose to do it to address a few moronic kids who get a rise over throwing retarded insults his way, something he should just basically ignore.

I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.... I guess we have a different opinion on what it hinders.

Imagine you discover a new band that you think is amazing.
So you go to a fan forum, only to be ridiculed for being a "fan boy". Maybe it doesn't interest you, to argue with these people, so you leave.
One less supportive fan stopped posting.

Imagine you're an outsider wanting to see what fans of a certain artist are into at the moment. You visit a fan site and see them complain that the band is playing too many shows. Maybe it makes you come to the wrong conclusions about that artist's fans.

Just some hypothetical scenarios where that kind of behavior affects something.

Also, imagine if you're in a group of people and a few are what you'd call rotten apples. They're not representing the rest. An outsider takes a look at your group and sees the loud minority acting however they act. This person might not exactly get overly excited about doing anything with your group.... Is it fair? Maybe not. But don't get all upset when it happens...

I don't see him directly addressing "moronic kids" in his original post. I see him doing what most of us do here. We post when we got something to say.
In this case, somebody making statements about "more active forums".

This is nothing new. It's been going on for years. Some want to eat the cake and have it too.

You (not you personally, people in general) want your freedom to say what you want, no matter how stupid or plain disrespectful it is. But you (again, not you personally) can't live with the consequences of that and get upset at the wrong people!

/jarmo

Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »

But we should give them some time. It takes time to get that thick skin. And still, the important thing is how they are able to facilitate the band's goals and objectives. THAT is what makes them good managers, not the occasional human fragility displayed in messages on social media Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »

So on one hand, you don't want him to respond to this because "it's not professional". On the other hand you want management to show that they care about us, the fans, and communicate with us more?

Is there a Swiss Army universal solution for this?

/jarmo

el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2013, 01:48:14 PM »

But Azoff released Chinese Democracy, and TB didn't release anything (except one stunning beach towel).

And Fernando complaining on MyGNR? Show me another manager of big rock band who bitching about bad opinions on the internet.

Problem is that TB don't talk about Guns N Roses, and future of the band. They're complaining about harsh fanbase instead, yes it's very professional.

You don't wanna be hated? You have choice:
1. Don't work as manager
2. Release something

In this businesses you have to be thick-skinned, you are public figure so you have to live with it or leave it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:50:44 PM by el_loko » Logged
Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.... I guess we have a different opinion on what it hinders.

I interpreted the sentence "the destructive criticism hinders the outcome" as Fernando saying that all the destructive criticism makes it harder for the band/management to do their job, which would necessarily be bad for us fans. What do you think he meant with that sentence?
Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2013, 01:50:44 PM »

So on one hand, you don't want him to respond to this because "it's not professional". On the other hand you want management to show that they care about us, the fans, and communicate with us more?

/jarmo

It is very easy to on a regular basis inform the fan base/customers/share holders/audience on what takes place WITHOUT using that as an arena for expressing frustration with criticism. This is public relations 101.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »

But we should give them some time. It takes time to get that thick skin. And still, the important thing is how they are able to facilitate the band's goals and objectives. THAT is what makes them good managers, not the occasional human fragility displayed in messages on social media Smiley
I agree. And about the human fragility aspect, everyone has to keep in mind that although they are part of GN'R's management team now, Team Brazil (e.g. Fernando and Beta) were family long before that.  Point being that if someone insults your family, for example, your mother, though it may not be professional to react with anger and defensiveness, it is human.  Decoupling the personal and professional aspects there may fall into the "easier said than done" category.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »

But Azoff released Chinese Democracy, and TB didn't release anything (except one stunning beach towel).

The problem with your way of thinking is that maybe there wasn't anything for "Azoff to release" without Beta, Fernando and Vanessa.
Ever thought about that?

And Fernando complaining on MyGNR? Show me another manager of big rock band who bitching about bad opinions on the internet.

Maybe they wouldn't do it in public because they want to be "nice tot heir customers"?

Nooo, that can't be it!

You don't wanna be hated? You have choice:
1. Don't work as manager
2. Release something

What is this "release something" answer to all problems? May I ask you a few follow up questions?

When there's a new release: Can it be anything, any style of music, any length? Can it be the musicians/producers Axl choose to work with or do you need to make those decisions? How long will this happiness last before there's a need to release something again? This frustration is based on what? You made a down payment on a release or you want to hear new music? If it's the latter, how come other people are less hateful even though they also want to hear new music?

Thank you. Smiley

/jarmo

Jude
Rocker

« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »

/jarmo

It's usually good to see the band's management actually communicating with the fans, but when I see messages like "I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material.  Well, I guess that's it.  We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything.  MSL and co will pay for what they did" and "complaints, complaints, complaints." from the band's management, that doesn't seem very professional to me. I have no big complaints about Fernando's new message from today, it's just these couple earlier messages (sent by Beta for example) that bother me, that's all.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: