Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 06:25:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228461 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoots brilliant idea!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoots brilliant idea!  (Read 6807 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 07:11:32 AM »

Well after read Rons article only I can say is:"Somebody is a liar...Ron or Richard"
Well in a two days we have different stories from two Gnr guitarists about new album realize...While Richard said "We are almost done" Ron said "We didn't see studio yet"....Million dolars question is "Who is a liar"

i dont think anyone is lying.. but it seams like they dont have the same amount of knowledge about whats going on..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 07:19:55 AM »

Well after read Rons article only I can say is:"Somebody is a liar...Ron or Richard"
Well in a two days we have different stories from two Gnr guitarists about new album realize...While Richard said "We are almost done" Ron said "We didn't see studio yet"....Million dolars question is "Who is a liar"
No one's a liar but the fact is, is that a new album will be almost all Finck/Bucket/Brain tracks, so in essence both are telling the truth. I keep telling you guys this time and time again, it appears that Axl doesn't want this current band to write anything brand new... That's how it is like it or not.  yes
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »

Unless it's like a one time thing just to do something different (would be cool to wake up n know they released the Silkworms studio version online for instance) I don't think it's a good idea to start throwing songs here n' there online. Guns N' Roses is not a regular band + I think people really prefer records than this + looks like it diminishes the importance of the song (the quality of the songs and the legacy of it). Many bands release new records every 2, 3 years but they're not SO good. Id rather have 1 hell of a fuckin' record every 5, 7, 10 years than 4 lame records in 8 years. Not to mention issues regarding contracts + whatever else that is happening behind the curtains.
I think it?s easy to put new records out everytime if you?re just a fuckin? Green Day out there but when you?re a monster like Guns N? Roses, I guess it?s very related to get it to the next level, always (just like Queen used to do). At least in my humble opinion, Illusions outstands Appetite n? Chinese outstands both so I guess I?m just eternally thinking that the best is yet to come lol. 

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »

I thought it was all about art and not marketing

Have you ever heard the word contract?

/jarmo

Axl is well known for his integrity and his "i don't give a fuck" attitude  (or, at least, he's been portrayed this way) so if they have a song, he would be the first not caring about a contract. The main problem, as i've already said, is that it seems that they don't have  a new song ready to be played and Bumble to me is just remarking this thing over & over again: they probably don't have even one song written by the actual members and the old stuff is stuff that is there, ready to get completed, but still not rehearsed or ready to be played during live performances and they haven't even talked seriously about that. I think this kind of "lets do something" by bumble means one thing: he's fuckin tired of been in the fuckin' limbo "are we a band or we aren't?"

Do you really think Axl wants to spend more time in a court room? He may not give a fuck, but he's not stupid. Ignoring contracts would mean another big lawsuit no doubt.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »

nah.
i prefer to buy something real period.
in fact the only time ive bought digital music was bumblefoots 2011 singles. im sorry but it just feels stupid to buy something digitally when its more fucking easy to download it for free (no creditcards ect.) i think more people will buy something if it actually exist.

plus nothing beats having a beautiful lp in your record collection (cds cassettes arent bad either)

At Christmas if you ask for a GNR anthology it would look nicer getting a wrapped cd pack than something invisible as it's downloaded to the computer instead  Wink
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »

No one's a liar but the fact is, is that a new album will be almost all Finck/Bucket/Brain tracks, so in essence both are telling the truth. I keep telling you guys this time and time again, it appears that Axl doesn't want this current band to write anything brand new... That's how it is like it or not.  yes
I agree that it is entirely possible the next record will be from the CD sessions. But, where do you get that Axl doesn't want the band to write anything new? Maybe he just wants to get the songs from the CD sessions out first?

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »

I thought it was all about art and not marketing

Have you ever heard the word contract?

/jarmo

Axl is well known for his integrity and his "i don't give a fuck" attitude  (or, at least, he's been portrayed this way) so if they have a song, he would be the first not caring about a contract. The main problem, as i've already said, is that it seems that they don't have  a new song ready to be played and Bumble to me is just remarking this thing over & over again: they probably don't have even one song written by the actual members and the old stuff is stuff that is there, ready to get completed, but still not rehearsed or ready to be played during live performances and they haven't even talked seriously about that. I think this kind of "lets do something" by bumble means one thing: he's fuckin tired of been in the fuckin' limbo "are we a band or we aren't?"

Do you really think Axl wants to spend more time in a court room? He may not give a fuck, but he's not stupid. Ignoring contracts would mean another big lawsuit no doubt.

Exactly my point.

As far as we know, Guns N' Roses still has a contract with Universal Music. They can't start acting like a free agent all of a sudden if that's the case.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »

nah.
in fact the only time ive bought digital music was bumblefoots 2011 singles. im sorry but it just feels stupid to buy something digitally when its more fucking easy to download it for free (no creditcards ect.) i think more people will buy something if it actually exist.

plus nothing beats having a beautiful lp in your record collection (cds cassettes arent bad either)

At Christmas if you ask for a GNR anthology it would look nicer getting a wrapped cd pack than something invisible as it's downloaded to the computer instead  Wink

I used to feel that way about music, but in recent years I have realized that the times have changed and cd's and lp's are a waste of space.  I still buy a decent amount of cds and some lp's but it a lot less than I use to.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »

nah.

Hey I'm right there with you... but we're in a minority.

The last couple Christmases, I got my 60something parents Kobo gift cards as part of their gifts because even old farts have gone digital.

I'll always get a physical copy when there is one, but we're in a different era, so digital delivery needs to be there, and digital exclusives do have their merit.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »

nah.

Hey I'm right there with you... but we're in a minority.

The last couple Christmases, I got my 60something parents Kobo gift cards as part of their gifts because even old farts have gone digital.

I'll always get a physical copy when there is one, but we're in a different era, so digital delivery needs to be there, and digital exclusives do have their merit.

i dont care if they sell music digitally as long i can buy it physically.

lets get physical people!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »

Beggars can't be choosers..I prefer a physical CD but would be absolutelyn thrilled with downloadable content..
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »

I prefer digital over physical nowadays. It's just easier to store. Physical can always get broken.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 11:27:26 PM »

Beggars can't be choosers..I prefer a physical CD but would be absolutelyn thrilled with downloadable content..

I'd take a new GNR album on 8-track if that was the only way to get it.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »

This Wink

Off-topic but every time I see your icon/name I get the urge to watch Point Break again.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 04:26:40 AM »

rofl EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: