Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:03:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot Interview (bunch of GNR questions)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot Interview (bunch of GNR questions)  (Read 9514 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 05:02:34 PM »

For Ron to say something like this, you would think he would know that it's a possibility.  Right?

Ron Thal: ?Personally, I don?t want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let?s just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there."

Not really. Could just be his thoughts on how he would have done it if he'd be in charge, not the record company.

I don't think he would go on at length about it if he knew it was not at least possible.

Ron Thal: ?Personally, I don?t want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let?s just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there.

?It?s easier to do. Look, waiting for an album to get done is just too much. I can?t do it myself. If I waited to finish an album, it still wouldn?t be done and the album still wouldn?t be out.

?When there?s so much touring and so much other stuff going on, don?t try and take on 14 songs. Do a song, then another song, then another song and then figure it out from there.?

Maybe not, but it might just be "a message" for the record company.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »

I personally think this is ridiculous. Bands release albums- that's just the way it is. Ron said this exact same thing in an interview he did a year ago in Newcastle, UK. Nearly a year on and there is no change. I don't understand how after 16 years there is not enough material/ideas for the band to be in a positive state of mind with regards to a new album. Really disappointing to hear.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »

For Ron to say something like this, you would think he would know that it's a possibility.  Right?

Ron Thal: ?Personally, I don?t want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let?s just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there."

Not really. Could just be his thoughts on how he would have done it if he'd be in charge, not the record company.

I don't think he would go on at length about it if he knew it was not at least possible.

Ron Thal: ?Personally, I don?t want to do an album. I would like to just do a song. Let?s just bite off a song and get a song out there and then bite off another song and get that out there.

?It?s easier to do. Look, waiting for an album to get done is just too much. I can?t do it myself. If I waited to finish an album, it still wouldn?t be done and the album still wouldn?t be out.

?When there?s so much touring and so much other stuff going on, don?t try and take on 14 songs. Do a song, then another song, then another song and then figure it out from there.?

A theoretical possibility is one thing. A realistic possibility is yet another. I can't name any major label artists that have abandoned the album format for releasing a song or EP at a time.

I still can't tell if Ron was seriously discussing what he thought was a realistic possibility or just tossing out his vision of an ideal scenario.

Ali
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 04:13:20 AM »

I think Ron is like some fans: wondering why on Earth is GnR not recording new music! I guess that's just his way to say, Come on, Axl! Let's do something... It doesn't have to be difficult, you know... Maybe just one song, see how it goes...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 05:55:54 AM »

It seems there's a whole load of speculation from fans (and indeed bumble himself) about what the future holds for Guns in terms of new music (if any).

I just think it would be really cool if we could get some word from Axl, Beta or Fernando about future plans.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »

I personally think this is ridiculous. Bands release albums- that's just the way it is. Ron said this exact same thing in an interview he did a year ago in Newcastle, UK. Nearly a year on and there is no change. I don't understand how after 16 years there is not enough material/ideas for the band to be in a positive state of mind with regards to a new album. Really disappointing to hear.

Hate to say it but I agree. Bring on any new music - not bothered if it is one song at a time or an album. Or even demos / dropped ideas for the fans.

Better than nothing.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »

record company disagree?

leak one song.

still disagree?

leak another song.

OH WELL WE LOSE MONEY.
record company agreed, release one song at a time, then the complete LP with booklet and stuff.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
AXLGNR123
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »

record company disagree?

leak one song.

still disagree?

leak another song.

OH WELL WE LOSE MONEY.
record company agreed, release one song at a time, then the complete LP with booklet and stuff.

The thing is though, they can't leak something themselves. The leaks that came out before came from different hoarders and people that somehow got the material. Hell, wasn't it Mike Piazza that leaked I.R.S.? I highly doubt the band had anything to do with the leaks. And I also highly doubt the record company is going to think that their "losing money" from the leaks. There isn't much money is records anymore anyway, there's much more ways artist's can sell their music and there's much more ways people can get music other than a compact disc.

Almost half the album was out before Chinese Democracy came out. If Azoff never became the manager and got the Best Buy deal, we probably would still be waiting for Chinese Democracy. 

What they could do to get the record companies attention is play a new song live and see the reaction. Maybe put a song on movie soundtrack like they did with Oh My God. They could put a song up on the website and allow people to buy it, and see how many people buy it.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:34:44 PM by AXLGNR123 » Logged
DeN
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 07:26:09 AM »

"they can't leak something themselves"

really? is that difficult to put a mp3 online?
Axl can do it in person, nobody can tell.
of course you don't want the record company knowing it's the band or the management who do it.

maybe there's isn't much money to make with records these days, but there's still.
plus, new music means new publicity, new tours, meaning more money.

at the begining there's always be music.
and if it's release for free, it's no good for the record company.

" They could put a song up on the website and allow people to buy it, and see how many people buy it."

I've posted something like that months or years ago : via facebook, more than 20 millions potential buyers.

1 dollar the title, release directly by the band, with a pre-order system, people buying it in advance to avoid piracy
even if only half of the fans buys it > 10 millions dollars.

let the music flow, the cash will follow

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:25 AM »

let the music flow, the cash will follow

QFT

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »

You're all assuming the record company will allow the band to sell music on sites such as Facebook.

If there's a contract, they expect to be the ones selling the music. Not Facebook or any other site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »

just assuming the record company wanna makes money...

if it's the best way for them to make money, why not?
"facebook or any other site" are not the seller, just a thing to promote the product.

and every contract can be rediscussed anyway...

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »

and every contract can be rediscussed anyway...

Just a wild thought but...what if a contractual discussion is what has been holding back the next record?

DeN
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »

yeah, maybe, the thing is, we don't know shit about the current contract.

one thing is sure : where there's a system, there's a flaw you can exploit

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »

yeah, maybe, the thing is, we don't know shit about the current contract.

Exactly! We don't know shit about anything, but people keep on bitching or placing guesses on what they ought to do...this pisses me off sometimes. I say: just relax and let things flow, whenever whatever happens, it will happen.

BTW: This wasn't a comment directed to you, but fans in general. ok

one thing is sure : where there's a system, there's a flaw you can exploit

No doubt about that. And for both sides...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:59:16 PM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

DeN
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »

I think it's cool that people keep on bitching, arguing, placing guesses, talking,
jerking, having right or wrong ideas, making assumptions, etc...I mean, this kinda
prove Guns history is somewhere fascinating and original, and still alive.

and this is the purpose of a board

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 07:43:04 PM »

Don't get what Ron is trying to achieve by making comments like the 'one song release' thing.

How privy can he possibly be to all the contractual/legal issues - past & present - to how/when/what GNR music is released?  (And we all know that in the end Axl's the one held responsible for everything.)

IMHO, comments like this only seem to stir up the fans hoping for something we probably can't have for a variety of legitimate legal reasons.

So again my question is:  what is Ron hoping to achieve by saying that?  does he want "whomever" to come out and say exactly what those legal obstacles are?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

I dont think he was trying to accomplish anything... he seems like a real cool dude.. and was just answering the questions honestly...

I mean he basically outed Axl as trying to let the HOF have the current guys be a part of it... or something to that nature

he answered honestly that he doesnt like waiting for hours for the show to start

and he answered honestly in that he thinks releasing a song at a time would be cool

he certainly doesnt give you the company line

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »

he certainly doesnt give you the company line

That's sorta my point.  Like he's throwing 'the GNR company' under the bus by saying they should do something they probably legally can't.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 08:21:03 PM »

Don't get what Ron is trying to achieve by making comments like the 'one song release' thing.

How privy can he possibly be to all the contractual/legal issues - past & present - to how/when/what GNR music is released?  (And we all know that in the end Axl's the one held responsible for everything.)

IMHO, comments like this only seem to stir up the fans hoping for something we probably can't have for a variety of legitimate legal reasons.

So again my question is:  what is Ron hoping to achieve by saying that?  does he want "whomever" to come out and say exactly what those legal obstacles are?

Gypsy, I honestly just think that Ron sometimes get's tired of answering the same old questions all the time, regarding a new album, show times etc. That from time to time, he just let's loose and says things that are meant in a sarcastic and innocent way. I would guess that Ron sometimes forget's how big of a band GN'R is and all of the contracts which are tied to it, that sometimes he puts his "own" ideoligy into the equation, in the sense of what he would do as a solo artist.

I can't imagine Ron, really thinking that GN'R could just put out 1 song whenever they felt like it...  confused
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: