Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:56:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GNR FARM
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR FARM  (Read 9892 times)
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« on: January 26, 2013, 07:43:37 PM »

Just wondering if many here besides myself had ever looked at of got anything from the gnr farm site. I found it about a year ago and was blown away. Its got supposedly every avaliable Guns show on cd and or dvd. Just about every demo, all sessions. Even the odd remix cd.

Anyone been to this site or got anything?
will (uk)
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »

Just wondering if many here besides myself had ever looked at of got anything from the gnr farm site. I found it about a year ago and was blown away. Its got supposedly every avaliable Guns show on cd and or dvd. Just about every demo, all sessions. Even the odd remix cd.

Anyone been to this site or got anything?

You can download shows for free on the GNR torrent tracker ( http://www.gunsnroses.us/tracker/ ) or if you don't know how to use torrents just ask for a "B+P" (blank discs and postage) in the Appetite For Collection section of the HTGTH forum Smiley

GNR Farm is a ripoff, as are all other bootleg sellers. The Farm charges $10 per concert - doing a B+P in the HTGTH section here you'd probably get 5 DVDs for $10 ($1 per disc and $5 for postage).
darkhood
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »

I like that site, I bought a few shows from him when I couldn't find anywhere else and all of them were excellent. The price wasnt a big deal for me, there were no one doing b+p whenever I looked and I was fed up with trading so I broke down and just bought some shows I couldn't find. I was actually pretty impressed with the artwork and quality of the stuff I got. Idk a lot of people here will probably tell you boot sellers are evil but for convenience I don't think you can go wrong there if you have the $ and don't mind paying, there are better ways to get shows though for sure.
SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »

I have a problem with that site... They were selling my recording of the Bridge School show and were giving no credit to me, the Recorder. Thankfully they took it down due to my request. Bootlegs are not to be sold, they are intended for trade and sharing. That site is Bullshit

"Be Bitter, Stay Angry, and Blame Everyone" - W. Axl Rose 2/20/12

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »

I have a problem with that site... They were selling my recording of the Bridge School show and were giving no credit to me, the Recorder. Thankfully they took it down due to my request. Bootlegs are not to be sold, they are intended for trade and sharing. That site is Bullshit

You sound really naive... all the recordings in that site were made by us, the fans, and they're being sold there obviously without credits. Japanese companies make silver CD's and even box-sets with our recordings/edits. They don't even have the decendy to re-track the recordings. I'm kinda used to it. So does that brazilian bootleg site.

Needless to say I fucking hate them and I highly suggest everybody to NEVER spend a dime on them.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:54:46 PM »

You sound really naive... all the recordings in that site were made by us, the fans, and they're being sold there obviously without credits. Japanese companies make silver CD's and even box-sets with our recordings/edits. They don't even have the decendy to re-track the recordings. I'm kinda used to it. So does that brazilian bootleg site.

Needless to say I fucking hate them and I highly suggest everybody to NEVER spend a dime on them.

How do I sound naive?

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 02:28:42 AM »

How do I sound naive?

do you really were expecting them to give you credits? That's VERY naive. They're delinquents.

darkhood
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »

At least they took it down, more than most sites would do I'd think. Idk I think a lot of people myself included have problems finding things sometimes and would rather pay someone to do it for them at a point. Bootlegs are for trade and sharing, totally but there will always be sellers so for me the issue is more do they do it well and not rip you off. Imo if you're gonna buy boots his stuff is pretty good is all I'm sayin. Not condoning the behavior in general. Actually I could care less but thats me.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 02:06:30 PM »

Same bro.

Ive just paid for a second large order from the farm. For me its just a case of all the demos, live shit etc being in one easy to find place. Ive been able now to get shows from all line ups live. If you get enough the guy will let you negotiate a certain amount of free stuff. I find him ok.

At the end of the day Ill buy everything official Axl/Guns release. And if they had released a demos/rareities box and like Pearl Jam did selected live shows on cd Id happily buy them. But as yet they havent.....

I hate flac etc... For me its one big pain. Even a link in this section thats meant to be mp4 shit you can download rite into itunes for me wont work so.
darkhood
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »

Exactly, sometimes you just can't be bothered and if you got the cash why not just get what you want in one go. For me the dude sends what he promises on the site so it's all good. I gotta say I REALLY want the sound city demos cd hes got, its been in my cart for like 6 weeks lol. I found like half the tracks on the make my day cd but I might just break down and grab it one day cuz I cant find it anywhere else and I really want those sessions all in one place. Thats' the other thing about that site too, hes got a bunch of stuff no one else seems to which is pretty cool imo. Anyways dont worry if people say its a rip off or wrong or whatever if you;re happy that's all that matters. Their only saying that btw cuz they can...they have everything already so can afford to judge...  yes 
darkhood
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 04:13:48 PM »

you might want o try something like this for flacs http://www.ojosoft.com/how-to-convert/flac-to-mp4-audio-converter.html
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »

Up to you. But I looked at all the demo sets and for those songs Id get Appetite Demos and The Hell Revisited which is a three disc set and has I think all those songs and more. Up to you but thats what Id go for.
darkhood
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »

Yea but thats too much to spend cuz I already have some of those songs. I want that whole demo session in one collection which is why I was looking at it in the first place. I cnt find anything similar anywhere else and no one at mygnr will help me gather them all  Cry
Isaw the other day hes got a coupon now for 15% off so I;m probably going to just buy some other crap I've been looking for and call it a day. See this is what I mean lol shit gets so frustrating sometimes  I'm willing to just give this guy money to not deal with it  nervous
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »

Its your choice guys. I think the main problem with you is your lazyness. You can find EVERYTHING that delinquent is selling in the internet AND for free. You just need to have the correct websites in your ''favourites'', to familiarize with the use of google, torrents, and one good software to convert formats.

For example: at this exact moment you can download all existing GNR audio in its best quality at http://www.gunsnroses.us/tracker/

Why paying what you can get for free? And don't forget what GNRfarm does is EXTREMELY illegal.

you might want o try something like this for flacs http://www.ojosoft.com/how-to-convert/flac-to-mp4-audio-converter.html

dont convert FLAC into MP4 if you are using itunes/ipod/iwhatever: convert into M4A lossless. 100% compatible, 100% lossless. Don't ruin audio.

SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 01:03:12 AM »

How do I sound naive?

do you really were expecting them to give you credits? That's VERY naive. They're delinquents.

In that sense i get what your saying esteban... But it pissed me off. I guess i never really understood before. I have only bought one bootleg ever and it was complete garbage... Never again am i going to pay for what i can get free unless it's an official release.

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:52 AM »

Its your choice guys. I think the main problem with you is your lazyness. You can find EVERYTHING that delinquent is selling in the internet AND for free. You just need to have the correct websites in your ''favourites'', to familiarize with the use of google, torrents, and one good software to convert formats.

For example: at this exact moment you can download all existing GNR audio in its best quality at http://www.gunsnroses.us/tracker/

Why paying what you can get for free? And don't forget what GNRfarm does is EXTREMELY illegal.

dont convert FLAC into MP4 if you are using itunes/ipod/iwhatever: convert into M4A lossless. 100% compatible, 100% lossless. Don't ruin audio.

Estebanf, I get where you are coming from but heres the thing. Some of us have lives outside of our GN'R interest. For me its two young sons, an upcoming wedding and a full time job. None of what is free is easy mp3/4 shit you can download and put rite into your itunes or whatever. I don't have time to fuck around with programs on the net converting this into that. And maybe everything is out there somewhere for free but not in one place. So yeah shoot me. If I can find it all in one place and pick n choose what I want why not. The legality thing. Have you ever thought that all those concerts avaliable for free on the net were illegally recorded? The band doesn't make money from them. So were getting the same shit our own ways. Your getting shit for free. Hows that better.

I might feel bad if I didn't legally buy all Guns official cds/dvds/videos but I did as well as a shitload of again official cds by Guns members both past and present. And anything new and official that comes out Ill get that too. OK.

One credit Ill give GNR Farm is unlike other bootleggers he does a more than ok job of remastering demos/rareities.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 03:45:59 AM »

Look, I have paid for a few GN'R DVD's in my time from unauthorised sellers, who have most certainly used torrents to download them for free. My view on this is simple, I don't have the means or patience to use torrents although I wish I did. My computer is slow enough already with all my GN'R tour videos and photos taken since I started following Guns back in 2006. I have only done it about 3 or 4 times as they were shows I attended and really wanted to see again. Do I condone it?, he'll no, but at the end of the day, I've always seen it in a way as you paying the seller to take time to print covers and copy the DVD, rather than paying for a bootleg.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 04:50:50 AM »

Some of us have lives outside of our GN'R interest.

I do also. No need to be aggressive. If i'm posting here is just to give you an advise.  Take it or leave it.

Estebanf, I get where you are coming from but heres the thing. Some of us have lives outside of our GN'R interest. For me its two young sons, an upcoming wedding and a full time job. None of what is free is easy mp3/4 shit you can download and put rite into your itunes or whatever. I don't have time to fuck around with programs on the net converting this into that. And maybe everything is out there somewhere for free but not in one place. So yeah shoot me. If I can find it all in one place and pick n choose what I want why not.

Still looks like lazyness to me, and a lot of prejudices by the way. You think downloading stuff for free and being able to enjoy it without spending money is ''too complicated'' when it isnt. Have you ever tried it? I dont think so... anyway, it's still your choice.

The legality thing. Have you ever thought that all those concerts avaliable for free on the net were illegally recorded? The band doesn't make money from them. So were getting the same shit our own ways. Your getting shit for free. Hows that better.

99% of the artists in the world have no problems at all with audience recordings being distributed FOR FREE in the internet. They know they're being recorded. In fact, its pretty common to see artists linking amateur videos in their twitter / FB accounts. The differences are huge...

One credit Ill give GNR Farm is unlike other bootleggers he does a more than ok job of remastering demos/rareities.

LOL, what does make you think the guy from GNR farm is a ''bootlegger'' and that he ''remasters'' stuff? He's just a collector, like me, like a lot of members of this forum. Difference between him and the rest of us is he is a delinquent.

This is very funny (extracted from the FAQ)

If there's a show I want that's not listed on your site can you get it for me?

Send me an email with exactly what you're looking for (incl. date, location, venue, etc) and I'll see what I can do

yeah, he's gonna spend 10 minutes in google and download it for free; then burn it into 50 cents blank-DVD and sell it to you at $10 hihi

--------------------

One example: he claims to be worried about quality... but he still sells this garbage at $12 and list it as a ''best seller''...

You know what's the source of this, dont you? A 1,4 GB file that contains a 3 hours show. Extremely lossy stuff that has been re encoded and put into a single layer DVD. In other words: he's making money out of stuff not even worthy to be on a trash can...

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 04:57:32 AM »

LOL, look at this: http://www.gnrfarm.com/deca9.html

This 2 DVD set was made with an .ASF file that contains almost 3 hours of show in less than 400 mb. No offence, but you have to be NUTS to spend a dime on this garbage.

If you're thinking on buying stuff to this guy, PM me. I'll tell you if its worth, what's the real source (something he hides) and I'll try to give you a free download option.

EDIT: LOL #2 > Now this guy is... SELLING DOWNLOADS!  rofl rofl rofl http://www.gnrfarm.com/liveshows.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:00:09 AM by estebanf » Logged

darkhood
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:50 PM »

Dude relax...it's a convenience thing, no one is saying anything other than some of us don't want the pain of searching for this stuff ourselves and or don't have the time to. For someone like you who has everything knows where it all comes from, where to find it etc of course it's a waste of money but saving the time and frustration is well worth it for me. This guy, regardless of how you feel about what he's doing, does a good job IMO. He sends pretty quick, doesn't lie about what it is and if theres a problem with something (like I had one of thr discs scratched) he send you another like the next day. I bought many bootlegs over the years from different sites and I must say he's the best seller I've come across for gnr stuff. If you don't like it don't buy it but don't make us feel bad for buying from him. I bought stuff from probably every gnr seller there is and if/when I have the money and need for it I'm definitely going back to the FARM to buy. So that's great you know where to get all this crap from and where it came from etc but the point is some of us don't wanna deal with all that sometimes and its good to have a site that at least sends whats represnted on the site.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: