Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:48:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses Australian Tour - March 2013
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses Australian Tour - March 2013  (Read 52614 times)
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »

In a way I'm glad it's ZZ Top be a bit more chilled atmosphere then last time with Korn
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 09:05:28 PM »

DJ just posted the tour poster with for the Australia shows with ZZ Top in March on his facebook. Looks like it's gonna happen.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151204295842475&set=a.327766927474.152091.208130482474&type=1&theater

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 03:43:59 AM »

I remember the last time GN'R toured Australia, and they had that competition to win tickets and people had to video themselves proving how much of a GN'R fan they are. That one guy who won, danced around a street while pouring soup all over his head, had me laughing for over a week.  Grin
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »

Tickets go on sale mid January, according to the promoter.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »

Guns N? Roses Sweet Child O Mine Is A Hit Again

JANUARY 7, 2013

Guns N? Roses classic ?Sweet Child O Mine? has returned to the Australian chart this week on news of the upcoming tour.

2,510 people bought ?Sweet Child O Mine? in Australia in the past week and that was enough to generate a no. 90 ARIA position for the Gunners classic.

Guns N? Roses ?Greatest Hits? also moved 1,475 units last week placing it as the 111th biggest selling album of the week across Australia in the past 7 days.

http://www.noise11.com/news/guns-n-roses-sweet-child-o-mine-is-a-hit-again-20130107

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 10:21:23 PM »

Thanks for this information but where did you get it from? I have listed for an email to be sent before tickets go on sale & haven't received one yet. Would like to see where this came from.

Thanks in advance.  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »

Thanks for this information but where did you get it from? I have listed for an email to be sent before tickets go on sale & haven't received one yet. Would like to see where this came from.

Thanks in advance.  ok

From promoter Andrew McManus's Facebook:

Melissa Manton how do we get tickets

Andrew McManus Mid January Melissa - usual outlets......stand by!!

December 29, 2012 at 8:16pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=385005488255532&set=a.287859517970130.65424.100002382533963&type=1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »

From Pollstar:

Australia: Guns N? Roses & ZZ Top

Monday 1/7/13

It?s about to get loud in Australia this year. Guns N? Roses partners with ZZ Top for a tour of the continent that also includes The Angels.

Andrew McManus Presents teamed Guns N' Roses, ZZ Top and The Angels for a five-arena run in Australia.

The shows run March 9-20. The fourth date, March 17 in Melbourne, coincides with the final day of the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix.

It will also pose a challenge for GNR's creative approach to starting times.

The Myer Music Bowl adheres to a strict curfew of 11 p.m. ? normally the time the band first hit the stage during its last dates here.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=803796

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »

How many people does Myer Music Bowl hold..??  I hope they play another melb date too, would they still have the pyro and screens there?

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 11:06:15 PM »

How many people does Myer Music Bowl hold..??  I hope they play another melb date too, would they still have the pyro and screens there?

Hi Billo,

I just googled this and it says seating capacity is 2,150 and behind them is the lawn with 23,000 capacity. I doubt you'd see much from the lawn area though, maybe someone who has been there more recently could tell us that.

There are no pianos allocated but they can be arranged on request, looks like they have to apply for any pyro so I guess it's up to the venue to look at what they want to use & decide if it's safe.

Hope that helps.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 12:08:33 AM »

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/music/angels-frontman-doc-neeson-is-fighting-cancer-after-being-diagnosed-with-a-brain-tumour/story-fn9d2mxu-1226551239821

Very sad news for Doc Neeson  Cry
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 11:11:01 PM »

I'll say one thing...not that I am complaining mid week concerts are a pain in the arse

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2013, 03:52:27 PM »

I'll say one thing...not that I am complaining mid week concerts are a pain in the arse

They are but we all know why they exist. There are so many things to consider which days are suitable and then one is picked regardless of the day. I will be in the region from Europe during the tour but you don't really realise how massive the distances are over there until you actually check them. I'm just not going to make it to a show rant
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

According to this site, tickets go on sale next week.

Price:    TBA

Tickets:    On sale the third week of January from http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/

http://www.liveguide.com.au/Tours/777107/Guns_N_Roses_Australian_Tour_2013?event_id=821870

Billo
VIP

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »

Thanks for the info..lets hope theres more dates if they sell well Smiley

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »

ZZ Top will be KILLER with GUNS!!!! People seem to forget that long before songs like Legs or Sharp Dressed Man and the other MTV hits they had some seriously amazing smokin' blues rock albums. Tres Hombres or Deguello is a great place to start and it's before the commercial synth period. Billy Gibbons knows tone!!

They're a true bone rattling power trio.

I just read Billy's pre ZZ Top band Moving Sidewalks just put a "complete collection" out. Deguello is my favorite.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2013, 05:24:03 AM »

I'm watching cricket from Adelaide. SCOM was just played in the stadium during a drinks break peace
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 12:26:51 AM »

http://www.noise11.com/news/doc-neeson-hospitalised-with-brain-tumour-20130110

The Angels have cancelled. Singer Doc Neeson hospitalized.
....a damn shame. The Angels would have been a perfect support act.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Billo
VIP

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 04:11:45 AM »

Its sad news about Doc, I rang ticketmaster and they said all the info about the tickets will be out thursday and on sale the following week.  ok

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 09:35:33 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES

McManus Entertainment is thrilled to announce the return to Australia of one of the world?s greatest rock bands, Guns N? Roses in March 2013. Joining Guns N? Roses will be special guests ZZ Top and Aussie rockers Rose Tattoo. 

Guns N? Roses will play shows in Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne and Brisbane. Tickets go on sale through various outlets on Friday 25 January at 9am.       

Hard rockers Guns N? Roses were last in Australia in 2010 but haven?t played to Melbourne audiences since 2007.

Guns N? Roses are Axl Rose, DJ Ashba (guitar), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar), Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal (guitar), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Frank Ferrrer (drums).   

Guns N? Roses continue to tour the globe and have played to millions of fans worldwide. In April 2012, Guns N? Roses were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and have sold more than 100 million records worldwide since forming in 1985. 

Guns N? Roses? special guests on their Australian tour are the legendary Texan trio, ZZ Top. ZZ Top?s image has been as unchanging and memorable as their music. ZZ Top have been together for more than 40 years and were inducted by Keith Richards into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004. The band?s iconography ? beards, cars, girls and that magic keychain ? transcend all bounds of geography and language. They?ve been referenced in countless cartoons and sitcoms and are true rock icons. Billy F Gibbons is one of America?s finest blues guitarists while Dusty Hill on bass and Frank Beard on drums (ironically the only member without a beard) provide the ultimate rhythm section support.   Most famous for their hits Legs, Gimme All Your Lovin? and Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top are sure to thrill their Australian fans with their sturdy American blues and rock style.

Rose Tattoo join Guns N? Roses and ZZ Top on the Tour. The lineup features lead vocalist Angry Anderson, Dai Pritchard, Paul DeMarco, Geordie Leach and Randall Waller. Rose Tattoo is touted as the best bar-room-blues based rock band in the world and one of the most revered bands of all time. Inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 2006, their hits include Bad Boy for Love, Rock ?n? Roll Outlaw, Nice Boys, We Can?t Be Beaten and Scarred for Life.    Aussie rock fans can expect a hard-rocking performance from a hard-rocking lineup!

http://www.empiretouring.com.au/events/guns-n-roses

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: