Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy On A New Record: We Have A Lot Of Stuff From The Past, Some Great Songs
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy On A New Record: We Have A Lot Of Stuff From The Past, Some Great Songs  (Read 6081 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 02, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »

Dizzy Reed Interview Jakarta Post

December 02 2012

At the height of rock music popularity in the 1990s, there was Guns N? Roses (GN?R), a virtuoso band that attracted leagues of music fans across the genres.

With the banshee shrieks of Axl Rose and rough melancholic tunes, the group united the heart-wringing heavy metal fans with the blues boys. Its first work Appetite for Destruction in 1987 was the largest-selling debut album in rock history.

Scheduled to perform in Senayan Sports Stadium, Senayan, Central Jakarta, on Dec. 15, the legendary band promised to give their best in a three-hour show, delivering all hits, including ?November Rain? and ?Sweet Child O? Mine?.

?Our goal is just to get our music out to everybody. Yes, it?s long overdue [the concert in Indonesia], but we?re going to come down there, and we?ll do our best to not disappoint you guys,? Dizzy Reed, currently responsible for keyboard, piano, percussion and backing vocals in the band, told The Jakarta Post during a recent phone interview.

Reed joined the band in February 1990 as pianist as well as backing vocals and produced the single Civil War in May 1993.

?I loved Appetite for Destruction when it came out. That was one of the best ever rock records. So, I was there, starting as the fan of the band and then joining the band. It means everything for me to be in Guns N? Roses, and I feel really lucky to still be able to do this for a living, and it?s still a lot of fun,? said the 49-year-old musician.

The current lineup consists of Rose, Reed, bassist Thomas ?Tommy? Eugene Stinson, another keyboardist Chris Pitman, guitarists Richard Fortus, Ron ?Bumblefoot? Blumenthal, Daren Jay ?DJ? Ashba and drummer Frank Ferrer.

Over a possible new record, Reed said that the band was in the early stages with each member sharing his ideas.

?We had a lot of stuff that we haven?t finished from the past, some great songs? I just hope it won?t take us to another 10 years,? he said.

Despite numerous changes in lineup as well as drug abuse along the way, Reed said that the band had grown into a better form, although he was not sure whether the band would survive another 20 years.

?Sometimes you just have to take things one step at a time. It?s good to have a plan and place, and so I hope we?re still rocking 20 years from now. I hope that we don?t look bad doing it.?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/12/02/guns-n-roses-reliving-past-glory.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »

Sounds promising, just keep the (past their prime & overpriced) producers out of it.

Hopefully Jarmo "leaks" some studio pics in coming months. We all know the music's going to be guarded like Ft Knox this time around, but photos/video of GNR in the studio are very rare.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »

Thanks FM

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 03:14:08 AM »

This is good news as it implies that some of the material on the next record will be from the Finck/Bucket era. It also implies that they are also writing as a band which is always good news. The prospect of a new album is something that excites me extremely, I just know its going to be amazing like Chinese Democracy. Smiley
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 04:55:57 AM »

At the height of rock music popularity in the 1990s ?
...a virtuoso band ?
...and produced the single Civil War in May 1993 ?
Now you can tell why nobody plays India  Tongue A world of their own...

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 05:11:54 AM »

...a virtuoso band ?

- GN'R played some of the biggest shows of their career on the UYI tour from 1991-93, so yeah, I'd agree.

- With the likes of Slash (then) and Bumblefoot now in the band, who can pretty much play anything, yeah, I'd call them virtuosos

- Pretty sure Civil War was released as one of the last singles off UYI in 1993 as well.

So yeah, they did get their facts right   ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 05:38:10 AM »

...a virtuoso band ?

- GN'R played some of the biggest shows of their career on the UYI tour from 1991-93, so yeah, I'd agree.

- With the likes of Slash (then) and Bumblefoot now in the band, who can pretty much play anything, yeah, I'd call them virtuosos

- Pretty sure Civil War was released as one of the last singles off UYI in 1993 as well.

Also, Jakarta is in Indonesia. Wink
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:38 AM »

Allright,allright  Tongue
anyway india,indonesia,phillipines,thailand...who cares ?
But Dizzy never produced any song and you couldn't call Slash a virtuoso.Bumblefoot and Buckethead yes.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 08:10:49 AM »

But Dizzy never produced any song and you couldn't call Slash a virtuoso.Bumblefoot and Buckethead yes.

What an awful opinion you have!
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »

What an awful opinion you have!
Why is that mate ? Opinions are like a@@holes,as Axl has said in the past.some might be awful.Is this a Totenham icon ? remeber this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9xuwqTwx3E
 beer

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 10:12:39 AM »

I think that Indians, Indonesians, Phillipinos and Thais might. Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »

A lot of people say the same about Greece.....

You should be careful about making your close minded statements on an international web site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »

In the US Civil War was the first single released off of UYI before the records were released.  I remember it vividly...  I was listening to the radio when it hit the airwaves on 107.3 WAAF...

-Larry

...a virtuoso band ?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »

Civil War was originally released in the summer of 1990, on the Nobody's Child compilation. Then in May 1993 it was released as the Civil War EP in Europe.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 04:22:35 PM »

So we can agree on that... peace Also, at the time people were craving more GN'R so they started airing bootlegs on the radio most notably was the MTV recording of Knockin' On Heavens Door and the studio recording version with the release of Days of Thunder.  Not to mention the release of You Could Be Mine with the Terminator 2 movie....  It was an exciting time...

Civil War was originally released in the summer of 1990, on the Nobody's Child compilation. Then in May 1993 it was released as the Civil War EP in Europe.

/jarmo
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »

So we can agree on that... peace Also, at the time people were craving more GN'R so they started airing bootlegs on the radio most notably was the MTV recording of Knockin' On Heavens Door and the studio recording version with the release of Days of Thunder.  Not to mention the release of You Could Be Mine with the Terminator 2 movie....  It was an exciting time...

/jarmo

Jumpin' Jack Flash was played on the radio as a "new GNR song" in 1989.

If you ever heard the Uniondale 1991 concert, Axl made a comment about bootlegs after November Rain. I think the entire audience had heard it and UYI hadn't been out yet, but a LOT of tapes were made and passed around.

I don't count the MTV Ritz concert as a bootleg, but there was a live version issued on different singles, EPs, etc.

I'm sure GNR not putting Civil War out as a single at the time helped boost sales of Nobody's Child significantly. In case you didn't know what the benefit was for, because it was so long ago:
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/25/arts/album-is-to-help-children-in-romania-with-aids.html?ref=romania
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 01:21:32 AM »

/jarmo

I remember buying You Could be Mine single and had Civil War as a B side on July 91  smoking
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 02:54:36 AM »

Yes!!! Another 10 more days to possibly the greatest night of my life!!! Are you coming Jarmo?

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »

Yeah cant argue with you there.  To me as a 16 year old at the time of the release it sounded like a bootleg to me.  We were never informed it was from the MTV concert until years later when I saw the full concert. 

/jarmo

Jumpin' Jack Flash was played on the radio as a "new GNR song" in 1989.

If you ever heard the Uniondale 1991 concert, Axl made a comment about bootlegs after November Rain. I think the entire audience had heard it and UYI hadn't been out yet, but a LOT of tapes were made and passed around.

I don't count the MTV Ritz concert as a bootleg, but there was a live version issued on different singles, EPs, etc.

I'm sure GNR not putting Civil War out as a single at the time helped boost sales of Nobody's Child significantly. In case you didn't know what the benefit was for, because it was so long ago:
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/25/arts/album-is-to-help-children-in-romania-with-aids.html?ref=romania
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »

New music, yes please.

New music for all that is good in the world, new god damn music!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: