Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 432876 times)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #860 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »

It is burried in the comments of the March 5th post.

Awesome news!!!!
I was planning on givinng it out last Christmas to everyone.  Now I'm gonna have to do one of those Christmas in July thingies....lol

People I know will bare witness to just how awesome those Vegas shows were.  My part as a fan to spread the news....I'm a GnR prophet or something.

ok

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #861 on: April 28, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »

It is burried in the comments of the March 5th post.

Awesome news!!!!
I was planning on givinng it out last Christmas to everyone.  Now I'm gonna have to do one of those Christmas in July thingies....lol

People I know will bare witness to just how awesome those Vegas shows were.  My part as a fan to spread the news....I'm a GnR prophet or something.

ok
It would heave made sense to release it for promoting the coming residency, and that was the plan few months ago im sure, seems bit difficult now but still could happen, if its 95%ready to go.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #862 on: April 28, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »

So...the label is handling this now?  Is that right?  The thread over at MYGNR is hard to follow.

If that's the case, I have to see that as positive.  If they are involved now, then it would somewhat refute the talking point that the label wakes up in the morning looking to screw Axl Rose and his band.

Do we know if their involvement is true?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #863 on: April 28, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »

So...the label is handling this now?  Is that right?  The thread over at MYGNR is hard to follow.

If that's the case, I have to see that as positive.  If they are involved now, then it would somewhat refute the talking point that the label wakes up in the morning looking to screw Axl Rose and his band.

Do we know if their involvement is true?

BINGO

if they are in fact dealing with this DVD, then they are also obviously not opposed to a new record from Axl either... one would think

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #864 on: April 28, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »

^^Yep it's a good sign, but imho the delay around cd2 is not that the label isn't interested but for both parties to agree on terms of release/promotion, etc.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #865 on: April 29, 2014, 03:17:25 AM »

So...the label is handling this now?
What has the label said about this??

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #866 on: April 29, 2014, 09:54:35 AM »

^^Yep it's a good sign, but imho the delay around cd2 is not that the label isn't interested but for both parties to agree on terms of release/promotion, etc.

But some people believe with their heart and soul that the label goes out of their way to mess with Axl because....well, there is never much given in terms of why they do it.  But its repeated like its gospel.

If they are taking an active hand in getting this out, that's a positive thing.  Doesn't solve all our problems, but its an encouraging sign.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #867 on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »

But some people believe with their heart and soul that the label goes out of their way to mess with Axl because....well, there is never much given in terms of why they do it.  But its repeated like its gospel.

Plenty of examples and possible reasons have been posted over the years.

Besides, I'm sure anybody who knows a little bit about the relationships between record labels and artists can come up with plenty more if they are interested.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #868 on: April 29, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »

Plenty of examples and possible reasons have been posted over the years.

Besides, I'm sure anybody who knows a little bit about the relationships between record labels and artists can come up with plenty more if they are interested.

Also helps if you really, really, really want to believe.

But that's a Dead Horse argument.  The big bad boogeyman record label out to get Axl. 

The current news is them taking an active hand in getting a new product released.  That can only be seen as a good thing.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #869 on: April 29, 2014, 11:04:54 AM »

You have band members talking about the record company and the people involved, and it's not a pretty picture. Just because you choose not to believe it doesn't make it untrue.

The current news is them taking an active hand in getting a new product released.  That can only be seen as a good thing.

That is good. If it's true. I don't know the source for that info...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #870 on: April 29, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »

You have band members talking about the record company and the people involved, and it's not a pretty picture. Just because you choose not to believe it doesn't make it untrue.

Let's try and keep things on topic.  This thread is about the DVD.

That is good. If it's true. I don't know the source for that info...

Yeah, that's why I raised the topic over here.  In hopes we might get some clarification.

Things had obviously reached something of an impasse.  A fresh voice was going to be needed to get this all moving.  I'd be in favor of anyone being that voice.  But if it does to prove to be the label, that's just gravy.  It would show Axl they tried to help him.  I very much hope that this is accurate, because its great news for all of us, if so.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #871 on: April 29, 2014, 11:20:18 AM »

The movie's web site does list future releases on Blu-ray, DVD, CD, digital.
I don't think there's a way that would happen without the record company's involvement.

/jarmo

santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #872 on: April 29, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »

Waiting for good news! I want the Blu-ray in my hands soon!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #873 on: April 29, 2014, 04:15:32 PM »

the first release from the band since 2008!!!

Heres a couple points that i hope to happen,
 first of all i hope its the full show maybe not in theathers but the dvd and cd should be the full spectacle.

I hope its better edited than the o2 video,in the vegas  trailer the mix sounds exellent, so no worries there. But i hope that it wouldnt film some random dudes drinking beer for 20%of the songs and changing the camera angle every second like in the o2 film. Maybe these things contributed in that it didnt get released, i dont know.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:17:09 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #874 on: April 30, 2014, 12:38:04 PM »

So Jarmo, as you're our only access to the band

Any idea what's going on with this??
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #875 on: April 30, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »

So Jarmo, as you're our only access to the band

Any idea what's going on with this??

In my experience jarmo chooses not to answer any of these kind of questions... he always says he doesnt know  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #876 on: April 30, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »

If they are taking an active hand in getting this out, that's a positive thing.  Doesn't solve all our problems, but its an encouraging sign.

Dude, no one does that.  Actually the opposite is true: People (see: the entire MYGNR Forum site) believe with their hearts and souls that Axl is an incompetent, self-loathing, ego-maniac, hell bent on driving the band into the ground, despite there being a wide open market place for him to release new music into.

What people say, when they blame the label, is that with the entire industry going down the tubes, they want something bankable  that can be relied upon as a big money-maker.  They likely see a new album, by New Guns N' Roses as something of an ify financial move, especially considering that material is so different from the past.  They're probably apprehensive to back this the way Axl would want to, which is where the album rejections, the neglected promotional plans, etc. come from.

Take notice of the fact that this is a DVD that relies heavily on Appetite material and imagery.  I bet they see it as: "Finally, money comin' in!"

Anyway, glad it's coming out, but wish Axl was in better form.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #877 on: April 30, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »

Dude, no one does that.  Actually the opposite is true: People (see: the entire MYGNR Forum site) believe with their hearts and souls that Axl is an incompetent, self-loathing, ego-maniac, hell bent on driving the band into the ground, despite there being a wide open market place for him to release new music into.

I actually think the difference between this site and that one boils down to asking at what the hell point does Axl get back in the fucking driver's seat and take a more proactive approach to his own career? 

Over there, they feel it should be that way every day.  Over here, substitutions are acceptable.  So when you ask why he's not being more proactive on new stuff, you are told about the number of tour dates this band has played together.  As if that is the answer to the question.

I think of the 2 sites as parents, almost.  This one is the Mom that will always make excuses for her darling boy.  Over there, its the Dad asking when the kid will get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for his actions. 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #878 on: April 30, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »

I actually think the difference between this site and that one boils down to asking at what the hell point does Axl get back in the fucking driver's seat and take a more proactive approach to his own career? 

Over there, they feel it should be that way every day.  Over here, substitutions are acceptable.  So when you ask why he's not being more proactive on new stuff, you are told about the number of tour dates this band has played together.  As if that is the answer to the question.

I think of the 2 sites as parents, almost.  This one is the Mom that will always make excuses for her darling boy.  Over there, its the Dad asking when the kid will get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for his actions. 

ha i actually think thats a perfect analogy... just they go way over board there....

it would be kinda appropriate that this finally sees the light of the day 2 years later and right in time for the next residency!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #879 on: April 30, 2014, 04:52:46 PM »

Mygnr is way too over the top, was looking at the site during the Golden Gods and when Axl missed that verse during TIL, the forum was flooded with "the band is over" "just pack it in comments" and for these reasons I just can't stand it
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: