Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:02:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 455201 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2013, 01:58:56 AM »

OK ! same subject, different topic.  Release Date any idea ??

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2013, 02:28:01 AM »

suppose to be released sometime in June, but things can always change
gnrfan1797
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2013, 06:43:11 AM »

Will this be a 3D dvd where you need the tv and the right player?

I know the Scorpions released a 3D concert where you didn't need these

Anyone have any idea?

If this is a true 3d you will need a 3d tv along with a 3d player
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2013, 08:15:51 AM »

But censoring me and other people who make honest and well-intentioned critics to the band will not solve Axl's vocal problems.

I warned you once and you wouldn't listen.

If you wanna go on posting Youtube links to prove your point in a thread that has nothing to do with those links, then you're in the wrong thread.

You already aired your opinion, we get it. Enough already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »

Looks amazing...They should bring the chicks on the road with them, eye candy will never hurt anyone

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
axlstern
Headliner

« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »

Looks amazing...They should bring the chicks on the road with them, eye candy will never hurt anyone
I 2nd that...... beer
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »

I love all of these people who complain about his voice not being the same. No shit. He's older its going to happen. Im a singer in a band. Im 38. I would be delusional to think that my voice is the same now as it was when I was 20. Wear and tear and years of abuse take there toll. I admire the fact that he can still put on a 3 hour show. For all of you haters please do me a favor. Try to sing GNR songs in AXL style for 20 minutes and tell me how your voice feels ( If you still have one that is.).
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2013, 03:08:46 PM »

I can only imagine what kind of strain that "rasp" must have put on Axl's vocal cords.  Some songs he's still got it, others he holds back.  It amazes me how Bruce is able to pull it off after all these years, but maybe his voice is more naturally raspy than someone like Axl.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »

But there's still powerhouse singers into their 60s and 70s still out there singing. They might not do 3 hour shows, but they're powerful as hell, and some of them have a really cool rasp.

I wish GNR would do some blues covers and release an EP. Get Izzy and Derek Trucks in there...

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2013, 04:25:02 PM »

Can't believe my last post was erased... it was a respectful reply to Volcano and Ali with nothing more than my opinion. No insults, no disrespect, no nothing.

This doesn't look like a forum anymore. This looks like a personal blog where the owner chooses what messages can stay and what others cant. You will reach a point where this forum will be you and 4 or 5 hardcore/narrow-minded asslickers that will worship you and your posts all day long.

I love Axl and I love GNR. But censoring me and other people who make honest and well-intentioned critics to the band will not solve Axl's vocal problems.

With all due respect, Esteban, I don't see how your criticisms, well-intentioned or not, would solve Axl's "vocal problems", assuming for a second that is actually the case.  You said "his voice in that particular video SUCKS".  I understand that is your opinion, but how is merely stating that going to change anything?  That's not exactly constructive criticism, honestly.  And even if you were offering constructive criticism, we all wanted to Chinese Democracy to come out sooner than it did, and there were endless threads and posts across all GN'R boards about that.  That didn't exactly change anything, so what makes you think the mere stating of your opinion or criticism, well-intentioned or not, constructive or not, will "solve Axl's vocal problems"?

Ali
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:24 PM »

OK ! same subject, different topic.  Release Date any idea ??

On Jan. 21, the concert producers announced some news "really soon", and still nothing...

Coldplay played the Stade de France in Paris on Sept. 2 and the DVD was released around Nov. 15. Of course it wasn't in 3D and was probably easier to produce (it lasts about 1h30 too, not 3h, so less mixing and editing). I would guess 3 months from now for the GN'R release date, so somewhere in late April. Also, Coldplay included an audio version on one CD (so of course they cut some songs) with the DVD/ BD, it would be cool if GN'R would do the same.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:57:48 PM by Will » Logged

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

Can't believe my last post was erased... it was a respectful reply to Volcano and Ali with nothing more than my opinion. No insults, no disrespect, no nothing.

This doesn't look like a forum anymore. This looks like a personal blog where the owner chooses what messages can stay and what others cant. You will reach a point where this forum will be you and 4 or 5 hardcore/narrow-minded asslickers that will worship you and your posts all day long.

I love Axl and I love GNR. But censoring me and other people who make honest and well-intentioned critics to the band will not solve Axl's vocal problems.

With all due respect, Esteban, I don't see how your criticisms, well-intentioned or not, would solve Axl's "vocal problems", assuming for a second that is actually the case.  You said "his voice in that particular video SUCKS".  I understand that is your opinion, but how is merely stating that going to change anything?  That's not exactly constructive criticism, honestly.  And even if you were offering constructive criticism, we all wanted to Chinese Democracy to come out sooner than it did, and there were endless threads and posts across all GN'R boards about that.  That didn't exactly change anything, so what makes you think the mere stating of your opinion or criticism, well-intentioned or not, constructive or not, will "solve Axl's vocal problems"?

Ali

I suggest you to stop quoting me because I am unable to reply to you the way I'd like. I basically cant ''merely state my opinion'' because my posts get erased.

I dont know if it is me (that I'm not a frequent english speaker, and may not be undestanding you properly) or what, but your posts bore me a lot. Note that down as another reason for not quoting me anymore.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

Ok guys, can we please talk about the DVD/ BD release and info about it and not focus only on Axl's vocals or whatever?

It can be frustrating for board users when they log here, see "new" messages and just read 3 pages of rants about Axl's vocals and stuff. Wink

--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »

Jarmo the protector...
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »

Jarmo is a member of the GNR crew And his wishes should be followed by all posters here.  The topic is the DvD not Axls vocals.  This is the show that was recorded. 
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:12 AM »

Its a shame Jarmo isn't over youtube or where the video is posted at. I have to admit I never laughed so hard at a comments section but reading it is pretty funny.
R.A.W.
Headliner

Don't Fuck With Me

« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:07 AM »

Axl is not giving his all in the clip, holding back or whatever to get through the last song.
I have been a devoted fan since 1987 and have got the man tattooed up my arms for fuck sake.
(Love the Bastard)     But....

His voice comes across weak in this when compared to the Japan gig only 2 years ago, age hasn't fucked him over
that much in 24 months surely.

Cut the show back to maybe 15 songs and Fucking Rip it Axl.

I for one would rather see him ranting spitting farting and being one angry little motherfucker,
sending people home with their heads spinning for a week. Than singing classic tunes at 50% that were
once upon a time delivered with such honesty and power.

Bring on the "your not a true fan bullshit and your a hater crap" This is how I view this clip it's my honest assessment.

I'm not hating on the guy, I would just rather see a full on 100% blistering performance

Do You No Where The Fuck You ARRRRRRRE?HuhHuh
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »

Not Axl's best performance by any means, but I didn't think it was THAT bad.  At least not as bad as some are making it out to be.  In fact I thought the video and overall performance was cool as hell and can't wait to see the rest.  And who knows, maybe Axl was spot on for most of the other songs.  We're basing all this off of ONE song, the last song of the night.  I know it's all we have to go on at this point, but still. 

Who knows, maybe I'm a little more forgiving than most.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2013, 02:45:59 PM »

I understand why some people are going to complain about the vocals, but at the same time it's not like they're actually bad. Some people like the clean vocals and others like the rasp. I like both so this doesn't bother me a bit. I really enjoyed the performance and am really looking forward to the Blue-Ray release. I wish they'd just announce the release date already as I fear of it being scrapped.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »

Not Axl's best performance by any means, but I didn't think it was THAT bad.  At least not as bad as some are making it out to be.  In fact I thought the video and overall performance was cool as hell and can't wait to see the rest.  And who knows, maybe Axl was spot on for most of the other songs.  We're basing all this off of ONE song, the last song of the night.  I know it's all we have to go on at this point, but still. 

Who knows, maybe I'm a little more forgiving than most.
It honestly seems to me that judging by the comments posters even here have made if Axl uses a cleaner vocal tone the conclusion can swiftly come to his voice sucks, or is weak.  It seems that it is that simple for some people.  Everyone has their preferences, though, and the fact is Axl's vocals even at the peak of the old band did not appeal to everyone.  I had friends and family members that found the raspy vocals abrasive to listen to.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: