Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:46:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 455260 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2013, 09:09:18 PM »

This is really more simple:

For example: I attended the Rock In Rio 2011 show, and once the show was over I thought ''wow, what an amazing show. Axl's voice was not the best but it was way more than decent for being the first show in several months''. Then I came home, saw the performance in one of these ultra HD recordings, and his voice was TERRIBLE. Almost catastrophic to be honest. Did I care? Not at all, of course. Because I payed for a show, and the show was great.

But if you're trying to sell a RECORDED show, you need to work on what people will hear FROM THE RECORD. It doesnt matter how great the voice could have sounded in the live/actual performance, because the final product you're selling is a DVD, not a ticket to a show! And I really think nobody can be jumping of joy regarding how Axl's voice sounds on that Paradise City clip. He can sound WAY better. In fact, he sounds better the biggest part of the time. Do we really need to be THIS narrow minded and obsequent to qualify as ''real'' GNR fans? I have never been a hater, in fact, I ''fought'' them all my life in almost every single message board of the internet.

Do you really think Axl's voice at that PC performance is the one you were expecting? Is that the type of voice you fell in love with in the first place? No! I love Axl as much as my mother, but his voice in that particular video SUCKS. The difference between me and a hater is I want Axl to sing better, because I want the best for GNR, because I fucking love GNR. I want Axl to sing like he did in the 2006 european tour or most 2010.

I dont like to say this at all, trust me, but for once in your life do the excercise of reading comments of that PC video OUTSIDE this HTGTH site. This is like a parallel world with a parallel reality. Im not talking about some cheap rock sites (non-gnr related): im talking about other GNR sites, full of GNR fans who want GNR to succed, like me.

Yeah, I can imagine your ''then go to any of other sites and leave us alone'' reply... im not a hater man. Im just not being an hypocrite.

100% on the money man, this is straight up how it is. I love Axl as much as anyone else on this board but I'm not about to blow wind up his ass when in fact the vocal performance needs some criticism.

At the show or not at the show, a recording does not lie or completely change how someone sounds.  

I think we hear the true Axl Rose demon voice when he is singing with his heart on his sleeve and delivering a performance he truly want's to be remembered by. Not just going through the motions
like he seems to be doing on the PC clip.

I am the first to show my wife and friends new stuff that Guns do when I feel like it kicks ass, but on this clip I kinda turned the volume down and shook my head a bit.

That said, I have still bought 3 tickets at $160 bucks each for the Melbourne gig and I am taking 2 friends with me that have not seen the band since 1993. I just hope Axl brings some anger to Melbourne
and rips the skin off our faces with a furious delivery we all know he can and sends me and my mates home with smiles from ear to ear.

I will probably cop shit from the Axl wind blowers on this board about what I have just said, bottom line is, its the truth. Pull your head out of the sand people.             Except you esteban
A few observations I can make here are that you seem to be of those who prefer Axl's more raspy vocal tone and think that makes for a "good" vocal performance. That's all fine and well, but like Esteban, you seem to not realize that is your opinion, not a fact, or "the truth". And, it doesn't matter how forcefully or directly, or how many times, you state something. It's still an opinion.

Ali

That *raspy* voice made GNR what it is today: one of the biggest bands in the world. That's why GNR was always perfectly able to change members and keep being popular: his signature voice is everything that REALLY matters at the end of the day. I dont know/care if that signature voice is ''good'' or ''bad'' or ''healthy'' or whatever: that voice is not in the PC clip. The voice that put GNR in the top of the world is absolutely absent in that PC clip.

now, are you still saying that its ''still an opinion''? do you see THIS at that PC clip?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »

Sweet Jesus.

You guys really are trying hard to make this into a Dead Horse topic. Good job!

It seems like every show thread can be moved to Dead Horse because of the same whiny setlist "issues".

Same thing every time there's a new clip to obsess over.  Roll Eyes

We went from "Awesome, a new GN'R release" to "It sucks" in just a few clicks.

Great job! Really.

No wonder we don't have a lot of officially released DVDs!

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:23:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »

I've been wanting an official live DVD from this lineup for a few years and it looks like it's finally going to happen! Plus it makes it extra cool because I was able to experience the residency twice. Now I will be able to relive that experience through the DVD. I can't wait to get a copy! A few people at work are also excited to get a copy because of how awesome I said the shows were.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:27 PM »

For example: I attended the Rock In Rio 2011 show, and once the show was over I thought ''wow, what an amazing show. Axl's voice was not the best but it was way more than decent for being the first show in several months''. Then I came home, saw the performance in one of these ultra HD recordings, and his voice was TERRIBLE. Almost catastrophic to be honest. Did I care? Not at all, of course. Because I payed for a show, and the show was great.

But if you're trying to sell a RECORDED show, you need to work on what people will hear FROM THE RECORD. It doesnt matter how great the voice could have sounded in the live/actual performance, because the final product you're selling is a DVD, not a ticket to a show! And I really think nobody can be jumping of joy regarding how Axl's voice sounds on that Paradise City clip. He can sound WAY better. In fact, he sounds better the biggest part of the time. Do we really need to be THIS narrow minded and obsequent to qualify as ''real'' GNR fans? I have never been a hater, in fact, I ''fought'' them all my life in almost every single message board of the internet.

Do you really think Axl's voice at that PC performance is the one you were expecting? Is that the type of voice you fell in love with in the first place? No! I love Axl as much as my mother, but his voice in that particular video SUCKS. The difference between me and a hater is I want Axl to sing better, because I want the best for GNR, because I fucking love GNR. I want Axl to sing like he did in the 2006 european tour or most 2010.

I dont like to say this at all, trust me, but for once in your life do the excercise of reading comments of that PC video OUTSIDE this HTGTH site. This is like a parallel world with a parallel reality. Im not talking about some cheap rock sites (non-gnr related): im talking about other GNR sites, full of GNR fans who want GNR to succed, like me.

Yeah, I can imagine your ''then go to any of other sites and leave us alone'' reply... im not a hater man. Im just not being an hypocrite.

100% on the money man, this is straight up how it is. I love Axl as much as anyone else on this board but I'm not about to blow wind up his ass when in fact the vocal performance needs some criticism.

At the show or not at the show, a recording does not lie or completely change how someone sounds.  

I think we hear the true Axl Rose demon voice when he is singing with his heart on his sleeve and delivering a performance he truly want's to be remembered by. Not just going through the motions

I am the first to show my wife and friends new stuff that Guns do when I feel like it kicks ass, but on this clip I kinda turned the volume down and shook my head a bit.

That said, I have still bought 3 tickets at $160 bucks each for the Melbourne gig and I am taking 2 friends with me that have not seen the band since 1993. I just hope Axl brings some anger to Melbourne
and rips the skin off our faces with a furious delivery we all know he can and sends me and my mates home with smiles from ear to ear.

I will probably cop shit from the Axl wind blowers on this board about what I have just said, bottom line is, its the truth. Pull your head out of the sand people.             Except you esteban
A few observations I can make here are that you seem to be of those who prefer Axl's more raspy vocal tone and think that makes for a "good" vocal performance. That's all fine and well, but like Esteban, you seem to not realize that is your opinion, not a fact, or "the truth". And, it doesn't matter how forcefully or directly, or how many times, you state something. It's still an opinion.

Ali

That *raspy* voice made GNR what it is today: one of the biggest bands in the world. That's why GNR was always perfectly able to change members and keep being popular: his signature voice is everything that REALLY matters at the end of the day. I dont know/care if that signature voice is ''good'' or ''bad'' or ''healthy'' or whatever: that voice is not in the PC clip. The voice that put GNR in the top of the world is absolutely absent in that PC clip.

now, are you still saying that its ''still an opinion''? do you see THIS at that PC clip?

No offense, Esteban, but you're only further proving my point about not being able to make a distinction between fact, and your opinion, no matter how strongly held that opinion is. Both of your first two sentences are nothing more than your opinion, which you are of course entitled to and clearly feel strongly. Nonetheless, at the end if the day, they are just your opinions regardless of how forcefully you state them or how many times you repeat them.

Ali
old_at_heart
Opening Act

« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »

Let me just say, I loved the clip and I will be buying a copy of the HD version, blu-ray whatever they release. I love this band and a new release from them is simply amazing.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2013, 05:22:20 AM »

Worth noting for the haters.

The final DVD and Cinema version will be mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround. Musically, this is a very tight live performance. We look forward to you experiencing the fully mixed and edited concert film/ DVD ! For now, enjoy this rare captured treasure from a true Legend and great band ! (unmixed)

So even the DVD version will sound different!

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2013, 06:58:09 AM »

That's just completely asinine. If the audio recording of a show was the only thing that counted, there would be no point in going to a show.

Of course not. But the live experience is a thing of its own, with the excitement of simply being there & the sheer loudness. But you have to be there to enjoy it. When it comes to a live album or a live DVD, the audio recording is basically all that is left and that's the intrisic quality of what is on the tape that should be taken into account. (I think.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:03:55 AM by Chuzeville » Logged
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »

Hi Esteban, you are correct to say the 'voice' is not what it used to be. But please understand that the voice you wanna hear (and most probably a lot of others also) will never come back.
You need to accept Axl is getting older, and the consequence are physcially changes...which is absolutely normal. A lot of people don't like or accept that their idols also suffer from the laws of nature. A lot of others still don't accept Slash is not in the band anymore... etc etc.

Luckily there are still a lot of others that can accept and keep loving this band. Axl never was the 'best singer' (also not in the nineties), but he was and still is one of the best frontman ever. And he still impresses me when it comes to his voice, also when its lacking some 'rasp'

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:53 AM »

it would be cool on the dvd if they pan around n capture the Hard Rock hotel a bit too, all the GnR band pics on the lifts (elevators), the branding on the circle bar, big appetite for democracy wall art by the Joint , the GnR drinks menu's  peace, Axl's car at the front of the lobby  - there was so much cool Guns stuff in the place - total paradise city  beer
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »

Man. please Deleted Post losers... this Topic is LAS VEGAS 3D.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »

Ill be buying this for sure I don't care what people think I was in Vegas for a show and it was GREAT! Axl sounded awsome band was tight and the show was long what more do you over anilyzing cunts want?

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »

I'm hoping some sort of home release info comes out soon. I would love to get a blu ray of this!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »

Ali

Ummm im sorry dude no offence but where you a GNR fan in the 90s? People hated his "chainsaw voice"

Truth is about the "rasp" shit, is there is no rasp on any GNR record.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »

I hope there was some behind the scenes stuff shot as well as some of the memorabilia on display at the Hard Rock.

Nothing beats going to the show, but a home video of a concert is long overdue. Hope some of the past shows sitting in the vaults get edited and released at some point. Hundreds of shows, where to begin? Here! Hope there will be more to come, but if they're going back in the studio this year, it's a good way to wrap the past few years up with a home video. Maybe it wasn't the best show of the residency, but the excitement coming from the production company sounds like they're looking forward to having it out there for us to enjoy.

Concert videos are actually a tough sell, so I wish GNR and the production company who made the 3D film happen a lot of luck and success. 

It says a lot when the preview of the concert is the LAST song of the night.

I wonder if Axl got to keep the AFD poster that had the girl cut out of it. I'm hoping they're including that in the footage, and the street signs.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »

I'm hoping some sort of home release info comes out soon. I would love to get a blu ray of this!

The production company's probably done with editing the footage. Have no idea how long it takes to edit a 3D movie together, and what kind of stuff they're adding to it. It seems like they're keeping people in the loop on their FB page.

Might be waiting on the artwork *L*.

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »

Yeah, or maybe it will never come out after all.  ok
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »

Will this be a 3D dvd where you need the tv and the right player?

I know the Scorpions released a 3D concert where you didn't need these

Anyone have any idea?
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »

Ummm im sorry dude no offence but where you a GNR fan in the 90s? People hated his "chainsaw voice"

This is a side point, but that's not exactly true. You can hear him pushing it a lot more on the UYI stuff, and especially on TSI and Sympathy for the Devil. It's no surprise that with the way that singing style was affecting him, he decided to change his approach. There's a good chance he could have ended up like Brian Johnson if he kept on the way he was going. As someone else pointed out, any singer that wants to keep their range uses a lighter tone as they get older. There's no way for your vocal cords to continually take that kind of punishment.

And, with all that said, I was watching the version of "Better" from 11/24 this morning, and his voice sounds great. I'd take that over the vocals from the Tokyo '92 shows any day.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »

This is a side point, but that's not exactly true. You can hear him pushing it a lot more on the UYI stuff, and especially on TSI and Sympathy for the Devil. It's no surprise that with the way that singing style was affecting him, he decided to change his approach. There's a good chance he could have ended up like Brian Johnson if he kept on the way he was going. As someone else pointed out, any singer that wants to keep their range uses a lighter tone as they get older. There's no way for your vocal cords to continually take that kind of punishment.

And, with all that said, I was watching the version of "Better" from 11/24 this morning, and his voice sounds great. I'd take that over the vocals from the Tokyo '92 shows any day.
Agreed.  That raspy tone was not particularly pronounced, IMO, on AFD, but became more and more pronounced with subsequent studio albums.  That to me indicates that continually using that tone by singing with a closed throat, or not using proper diaphragmatic breathing, or pushing his voice too hard, or all of the above, were starting to take a toll on his voice.  Taking that out even longer could have meant more severe vocal issues.

Ali
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »

Can't believe my last post was erased... it was a respectful reply to Volcano and Ali with nothing more than my opinion. No insults, no disrespect, no nothing.

This doesn't look like a forum anymore. This looks like a personal blog where the owner chooses what messages can stay and what others cant. You will reach a point where this forum will be you and 4 or 5 hardcore/narrow-minded asslickers that will worship you and your posts all day long.

I love Axl and I love GNR. But censoring me and other people who make honest and well-intentioned critics to the band will not solve Axl's vocal problems.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: