Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:53:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 431120 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #960 on: May 07, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »

So Rocket Fuel is issuing press releases and promoting this video all on their own without the knowledge or approval of management?

That doesn't make sense.

Those are your words.

Please answer the question though. Have you seen any news about this from the band or their record company (who should be the one releasing it like anything else officially released by GN'R)?

Because I haven't.
Maybe they just don't start promoting things that aren't set in stone.

/jarmo

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/440184766063992832

Well, there is this tweet from GN'R. Not a press release, but they have promoted this in social media.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #961 on: May 07, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »

So this company Rocket Fuel Media, that they hired to shoot a 3D concert movie, is just out there doing whatever they please with the project and GN'R has no say or knowledge of what they're doing?

That doesn't add up.  It's convenient when things go wrong.  But it doesn't add up.

Quote me where I said that.

They were probably hired to shoot the show. They, I assume, would be interested in selling as many products as possible.
Nowhere did I say GN'R or management has no knowledge. That's silly. Once again your words, not mine.

Is it possible everybody involved thought everything was a "go" at one point and things moved forward only for them to realize there was a boulder on the road that you have to clear before moving ahead?

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/440184766063992832

Well, there is this tweet from GN'R. Not a press release, but they have promoted this in social media.

Fair enough. They tweeted a link to the site.
No press release though.

Still nothing from GN'R that wasn't linked to the movie's site. Don't you find it somewhat odd?

When there's a show or tour announced, the dates are on the official site and plenty of mentions of the shows on their social media. The movie, not so much.
And yet some of you still think the band is promoting the hell out of this movie when 99% (not an actual number) of the news/hype is coming from the production company....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #962 on: May 07, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »

So this company Rocket Fuel Media, that they hired to shoot a 3D concert movie, is just out there doing whatever they please with the project and GN'R has no say or knowledge of what they're doing?

That doesn't add up.  It's convenient when things go wrong.  But it doesn't add up.

Quote me where I said that.

/jarmo

You keep saying things like -- the band isn't promoting this, the production company is.  The band didn't release those dates, the production company did.  Nothing from GN'R is linked to the movie's site.

It's the only conclusion you can draw.  So the production company they hired is out there doing all of this on their own.  Either the band is allowing it or they're unaware. They sure seem to be trying to distancing themselves from the project at this point.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #963 on: May 07, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »

You want the band to apologize for something they didn't do. That's what I'm pointing out to you. I'm also pointing out that they didn't promote it to the extent some seem to think.

Is it possible everyone involved were caught off guard? Yes.
Still doesn't mean the band was hugely involved in all the social media hype.

At the end of the day, go ahead and blame the management. If that works for you. Then what? Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:54:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #964 on: May 07, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »

You want the band to apologize for something they didn't do.

/jarmo

I never said anything about the band apologizing.  Not even close.

All I said was perhaps they could issue some kind of status update on the project to end all the speculation as to why this is still not out.  And if this project isn't "set in stone" as you said, put an end to it until it is.

At the end of the day, go ahead and blame the management. If that works for you. Then what? Smiley

/jarmo

Your words not mine.  But predictable.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #965 on: May 07, 2014, 08:05:44 PM »

Predictable? Your whole discussion has been about how you claim the band put out a press release and so on. Do you obviously want the band and management to clean up the mess, that in my opinion, they necessarily didn't create?

So yeah, you want them to issue a status update on the project that they didn't hype as much as you think, in the first place.... Got it.

Now, maybe you can see my point of view? Or is it too much to ask?

Smiley

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #966 on: May 07, 2014, 08:43:43 PM »

The whole discussion hasn't been about a press release, not at all.  It's been about this movie being promoted and dates promised, that didn't happen.  We're being told it's all Rocket Fuel's doing.  We're pointing out that GN'R is either allowing it or unaware.

Do you obviously want the band and management to clean up the mess, that in my opinion, they necessarily didn't create?

Yes, I do.  This was the company that they hired to film the GN'R 3D movie.  It's their vendor. 

So yeah, you want them to issue a status update on the project that they didn't hype as much as you think, in the first place.... Got it.

/jarmo

Issuing an update on a GN'R project has nothing to do with how much they hyped the project? Huh

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #967 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »

The whole discussion hasn't been about a press release, not at all.  It's been about this movie being promoted and dates promised, that didn't happen.  We're being told it's all Rocket Fuel's doing.  We're pointing out that GN'R is either allowing it or unaware.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you brought up a press release....

I don't even know why you need to be told something that you should see with your own eyes. Who did the promotion? Who posted trailers?

Pick one, whatever works for you. They knew or they didn't. Pick one. Does not change the fact that they didn't do what the company behind the trailers and web site did....

Smiley

In addition, since it seems like you like to think it's all the bands fault. What's up with the record company? Why didn't they say anything? Are they involved?

Issuing an update on a GN'R project has nothing to do with how much they hyped the project? Huh

How do I explain this to you....
The band itself didn't go out of their way to promise you all these things and take your money without delivering a product.

I get that you're upset, or seem like it.

You want the band to tel you everything's gonna be ok. I get it.

While you're busy looking for reasons why the band needs to update you on this, there's a tour starting in a week. Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:21:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #968 on: May 07, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »

Man, all this talk here...seriously, let's just go out to the shows and forget about this mess. Blaming and pointing finger doesn't help, we have no idea anyways who knows what, everything is a major guessing game.

I still think RockFuel are a bunch of amateurs, they don't behave like a respectable business entity. They might be good from a creative perspective, but still lousy business people.

Anyways, rock on, looking forward to Vegas and the next shows. And hopefully will get to see a blu-ray sometime. If not, be it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #969 on: May 07, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »

Guns N' Roses hired Rocket Fuel media to shoot their concert in 3D.

To say at this point, they have no control over what Rocket Fuel media does, their vendor, is just silly.

Guns N' Roses management could put out a statement/post/tweet as to the status of the project.  And/or put an end to the project if it's not "set in stone" as Jarmo said.

It's not silly at all. GN'R doesn't control the social media for Rock Fuel. So, eliminating misleading tweets entirely may not be possible. I don't think that Rock Fuel is doing is good or helpful, but just because they are work for hire, that doesn't mean that GN'R can do much more than ask them to not do what they're doing. Which they may have already done. I don't know.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #970 on: May 07, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but you brought up a press release....

I don't even know why you need to be told something that you should see with your own eyes. Who did the promotion? Who posted trailers?

Yes I brought up a press release, it ran on quite a few media sites.  You want us to believe that all the promotion, the dates that have been promised has been all Rocket Fuel Media out there on their own.  I have just been pointing out that they are the company GN'R hired, their vendor, and they either approve of what they're doing or are unaware.

In addition, since it seems like you like to think it's all the bands fault. What's up with the record company? Why didn't they say anything? Are they involved?

I'm not saying it's the bands "fault" just that they are accountable for the project.  I don't know what's up with the record company, because no one has told us anything! Cheesy

I get that you're upset, or seem like it.

You want the band to tel you everything's gonna be ok. I get it.

/jarmo

So you're resorting to this.  I'm not upset, not at all.  And I don't need the band to tell me everything is ok. 

You asked and I answered.  But I don't think you liked my answers.  Because you're the one who seems upset. Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #971 on: May 08, 2014, 08:01:57 AM »

Yes I brought up a press release, it ran on quite a few media sites.  You want us to believe that all the promotion, the dates that have been promised has been all Rocket Fuel Media out there on their own.  I have just been pointing out that they are the company GN'R hired, their vendor, and they either approve of what they're doing or are unaware.

Yes, it's possible GN'R didn't know that they posted a trailer.
It's also possible nobody expected this to happen once they had scheduled cinemas to show the movie.

So you're resorting to this.  I'm not upset, not at all.  And I don't need the band to tell me everything is ok. 

You asked and I answered.  But I don't think you liked my answers.  Because you're the one who seems upset. Smiley

Nope.

Just don't understand your point of view where you seem to be looking for reasons why the band is responsible for all of this.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #972 on: May 08, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »

Yes, it's possible GN'R didn't know that they posted a trailer.
It's also possible nobody expected this to happen once they had scheduled cinemas to show the movie.

Well, they know all it about it now.  We'll have to wait and see what happens to this movie.

Just don't understand your point of view where you seem to be looking for reasons why the band is responsible for all of this.

/jarmo

I'm not looking for reasons why the band is responsible for all of this, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm just saying they are accountable for the project.  Saying this is all Rocket Fuel Media's doing isn't the answer either.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #973 on: May 08, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »

So what was the purpose of you saying the band put out a press release about it then? If you're not looking for a scapegoat in the GN'R camp, why are all your posts basically pointing your finger in that direction?

Some of us are just telling you that the things you bring up have been done by one company. Sure, we don't know how involved GN'R has been, but from my perspective, the involvement has been as big as you seem to think. Considering the things I, and others, have presented to you.  Smiley

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #974 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »

So what was the purpose of you saying the band put out a press release about it then? If you're not looking for a scapegoat in the GN'R camp, why are all your posts basically pointing your finger in that direction?

/jarmo

I said the media has been running a report that reads like a press release, in response to you saying all the promotion for the project was coming from Rocket Fuel Media?  If GN'R had put out a press release, how is that looking for a scapegoat?  Like Spirit posted, GN'R has promoted the project on social media. Huh

Some of us are just telling you that the things you bring up have been done by one company. Sure, we don't know how involved GN'R has been, but from my perspective, the involvement has been as big as you seem to think.

/jarmo

Yes, the company they hired.  Their vendor.  So if they haven't been "involved" they're not accountable for the project?

OK

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #975 on: May 08, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »

I said the media has been running a report that reads like a press release, in response to you saying all the promotion for the project was coming from Rocket Fuel Media?  If GN'R had put out a press release, how is that looking for a scapegoat?  Like Spirit posted, GN'R has promoted the project on social media. Huh

One tweet. If that's what you call promotion, then fine.
I already explained what you assumed was a press release. Do you agree that it might just be a copy and paste of what was available at the movie's site at the time? Yes/No?

Yes, the company they hired.  Their vendor.  So if they haven't been "involved" they're not accountable for the project?

Wow.

Are GN'R involved in every detail that this company does?

Maybe they were hired to shoot, produce and promote the movie and they went with it, without knowing that some things weren't in place for it to be released to the public?

You go on and on about how involved GN'R are. But you're not trying to blame them? So what's your motivation? What are you after? You want a clarification about something that wasn't GN'R's doing? Isn't that what you're after? And all this time you spend on trying to pin everything on GN'R is helping you achieve that? Smiley

If you're not looking for a scapegoat, how come you're trying to make GN'R more involved in the hyping and promotion than they are? What's the point? I'm curious.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:11:40 AM by jarmo » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #976 on: May 08, 2014, 11:55:29 AM »

This has gone beyond ridiculous.  I'm not even going to respond to that Jarmo.

Guns N' Roses has had no involvement in this project.  So when/if anything goes wrong, they will be in no way to blame.  It's all been Rocket Fuel Media.

I get it.  I think we all get it.

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:37:17 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #977 on: May 08, 2014, 12:00:18 PM »

Sure. But as I previously said, they didn't announce it in the first place....

After a while, you realize that it doesn't matter what other people say GN'R will do, unless GN'R says so, be careful about taking it as the truth.

/jarmo

C'mon FunkyMonkey.  You've been here long enough to know that whenever GNR *doesn't* produce something, that it's never this camp's fault.  They're the silent warriors who are secretly and desperately trying to get new music, dvds, etc. to fans, only to be stone walled at every turn by the evil forces of Planet Earth who are constantly conspiring against Guns N' Roses.  Any other conclusion is silly and, worse, unsupportive.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #978 on: May 08, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »

This has gone beyond ridiculous.

Guns N' Roses has had no involvement in this project.  So when/if anything goes wrong, they will be in no way to blame.  It's all been Rocket Fuel Media.

I get it.  I think we all get it.

Is anyone really saying "no" involvement? I think that would be ridiculous. But, I think the reality is that GN'R doesn't have complete and utter control of every thing Rock Fuel does, like misleading and/or premature announcements through social media.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #979 on: May 08, 2014, 12:11:52 PM »

At least Ali got it.  ok

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: