Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 432254 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #880 on: April 30, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »

Mygnr is way too over the top, was looking at the site during the Golden Gods and when Axl missed that verse during TIL, the forum was flooded with "the band is over" "just pack it in comments" and for these reasons I just can't stand it

Hard to carry on real conversations.  I go there more to joke around.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #881 on: April 30, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »

Dude, no one does that.  Actually the opposite is true: People (see: the entire MYGNR Forum site) believe with their hearts and souls that Axl is an incompetent, self-loathing, ego-maniac, hell bent on driving the band into the ground, despite there being a wide open market place for him to release new music into.

I actually think the difference between this site and that one boils down to asking at what the hell point does Axl get back in the fucking driver's seat and take a more proactive approach to his own career? 

Over there, they feel it should be that way every day.  Over here, substitutions are acceptable.  So when you ask why he's not being more proactive on new stuff, you are told about the number of tour dates this band has played together.  As if that is the answer to the question.

I think of the 2 sites as parents, almost.  This one is the Mom that will always make excuses for her darling boy.  Over there, its the Dad asking when the kid will get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for his actions. 

I have to disagree with your analogy.  As slashofvr said, MyGNR can be very over the top in terms of how the criticisms are expressed.  For instance, last week after the Golden Gods, one of the mods commented, wondering is it comfortable for anyone to post with that degree of negativity.  Another poster was called out by one of the admins for slipping in a potshot, calling Axl an asshole, in his criticism.

One thing that I think is not broadly understood and/or practiced over there is that how you deliver your message is as important as what your message is.  If you deliver your criticism with name-calling, like "asshole", or potshots about someone's appearance, or some other factor, it can come across as more hateful than constructive criticism.

Having said that, I think MyGNR, to a certain, sometimes large, extent, is not "the Dad asking when the kid will get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for his actions".  It can be the Dad who berates their kid and calls them names for not living up to his wishes and/or expectations.

While the sentiment may be understandable in one sense, it isn't constructive, ultimately.

Ali
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #882 on: April 30, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »

Haha, and the saga of "Here's the bunny, there's no bunny" continuous... The March 5 post with the update comment on RockFuel Facebook has been removed.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #883 on: April 30, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »

Haha, and the saga of "Here's the bunny, there's no bunny" continuous... The March 5 post with the update comment on RockFuel Facebook has been removed.

No it's not. Still there.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #884 on: April 30, 2014, 07:10:30 PM »

I can't find it
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #885 on: April 30, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »

Comes up at the top of the page for me at least...

http://www.facebook.com/RockFuelMedia

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #886 on: April 30, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »

See it now, thanks!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #887 on: April 30, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »

Would really love to get that cd of the show. Love they way they've been playing Rocket Queen live

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #888 on: April 30, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »

If the hold up was truly money, that could always be made right.   Provided the demands weren't outrageous.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #889 on: April 30, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »

One thing that I think is not broadly understood and/or practiced over there is that how you deliver your message is as important as what your message is.  If you deliver your criticism with name-calling, like "asshole", or potshots about someone's appearance, or some other factor, it can come across as more hateful than constructive criticism.

Oh, some of it is WAY over the top.  Cartoony, even.  No question.

I'm all for talking about how this damn band doesn't do anything new.  But I don't need 3 threads a day how DJ is the worst human being to ever live.  That's not productive conversation, to me.  And so over the top, any credibility that might be lurking under there is lost in the shuffle.

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #890 on: May 01, 2014, 10:34:10 AM »

Dude, no one does that.  Actually the opposite is true: People (see: the entire MYGNR Forum site) believe with their hearts and souls that Axl is an incompetent, self-loathing, ego-maniac, hell bent on driving the band into the ground, despite there being a wide open market place for him to release new music into.

I actually think the difference between this site and that one boils down to asking at what the hell point does Axl get back in the fucking driver's seat and take a more proactive approach to his own career? 

Over there, they feel it should be that way every day.  Over here, substitutions are acceptable.  So when you ask why he's not being more proactive on new stuff, you are told about the number of tour dates this band has played together.  As if that is the answer to the question.

I think of the 2 sites as parents, almost.  This one is the Mom that will always make excuses for her darling boy.  Over there, its the Dad asking when the kid will get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for his actions. 

I have to disagree with your analogy.  As slashofvr said, MyGNR can be very over the top in terms of how the criticisms are expressed.  For instance, last week after the Golden Gods, one of the mods commented, wondering is it comfortable for anyone to post with that degree of negativity.  Another poster was called out by one of the admins for slipping in a potshot, calling Axl an asshole, in his criticism.

Having said that, I think MyGNR, to a certain, sometimes large, extent, is not "the Dad asking when the kid will get his head out of his ass and take some responsibility for his actions".  It can be the Dad who berates their kid and calls them names for not living up to his wishes and/or expectations.

While the sentiment may be understandable in one sense, it isn't constructive, ultimately.

Ali

Very, very, very well said.

If people wonder why Axl (and celebrities in general) are put-off by their fan base, you really only need to look at sites like MYGNRFORUM.  Yes, at this place Axl tends to escape all criticism, but over there it flirts with being abusive.  That place also averages waaaay more weekly posts than here.

It's almost like a game they play to see who can out-misery the rest of the board.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #891 on: May 01, 2014, 10:49:19 AM »

If people wonder why Axl (and celebrities in general) are put-off by their fan base, you really only need to look at sites like MYGNRFORUM.  Yes, at this place Axl tends to escape all criticism, but over there it flirts with being abusive.  That place also averages waaaay more weekly posts than here.

It's almost like a game they play to see who can out-misery the rest of the board.

But let's not be blind to the fact that not every band is in this same spot.

- one original member, everyone else gone, with the perception it was ugly
- continued use of the name
- completely standoffish attitude from band management
- one new album in the past 20 years
- very, very little communication from anyone involved with the band, up to and including their leader

Quite obviously, while other bands and artists might have there share of unhappy campers in their fanbase, no other band carries around this baggage.

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #892 on: May 01, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »

- very, very little communication from anyone involved with the band, up to and including their leader

Quite obviously, while other bands and artists might have there share of unhappy campers in their fanbase, no other band carries around this baggage.

That's true also.  Despite the venom slung at them, I have to admit that balls are fumbled all over the place.  There really is no experience on the planet like GN'R.  Part of me has stopped hoping for a new album and has begun wishing for an Axl autobiography.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #893 on: May 01, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »

D-X, right on.  Add to it the inability to release a DVD (right or wrong). 

The biggest issue, IMO, is the lack of new music (be it CD II material or new music from the current band).  Sorry to belabor the point but it is.  This fuels the sentiment that it?s not really a band, because bands release music.  That?s the impression I get (at least in the U.S.) as to why 2014 Guns is not really well respected, or as respected as it could/should be.  Axl, in his brief acceptance speech at the GG, referred to the current band as ?our lineup right now??that doesn?t really help either (or perhaps I?m reading waaaay too much into that). 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #894 on: May 01, 2014, 11:30:17 AM »

I don't blame Axl a little bit for keeping the name.  He'd be a fool not to.  And the others are fools for signing it away.

But this sort of re-launch was going to be a tricky situation no matter what.  It was going to take a pretty precise threading of the needle, and even then it might not have landed.  

The reason for much of the toxic environment amongst GNR fans is that, forget trying to finesse the situation, Axl and TB barely paid lip service to trying to make this a smooth transition.  This was going to take some masterful media skills, and they just aren't there.  Either due to incapability, or just flat out unwillingness.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #895 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:59 AM »

The biggest issue, IMO, is the lack of new music (be it CD II material or new music from the current band).  Sorry to belabor the point but it is.  This fuels the sentiment that it?s not really a band, because bands release music.  That?s the impression I get (at least in the U.S.) as to why 2014 Guns is not really well respected, or as respected as it could/should be. 

Most people see this as Axl's touring band to play Guns N' Roses songs.  To call trying to refute that an uphill climb is an understatement.

And the fault absolutely does not lie with those that see it that way.  All they can do is react to the facts on the ground.

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #896 on: May 01, 2014, 11:59:10 AM »

The weeks nearly over and still no release date  rant
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #897 on: May 01, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »

Axl and his people seem to have a car crash mentality when it comes to that site tho....

Like they can't look away..... and obviously one of the mods get his stuff from somebody VERY close to Axl

but you're right about some of the reasons people have such strong reactions to GNR...it's been a bumpy road.. even Axl would admit that ...I think

i don't blame any fan that wants a reunion of some kind...its what they love...why they insist on lamenting it day after day on that site with such venom...im not sure i understand..

but the name and his refusal to deal with Slash are the two biggest reasons for all hateful posts
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:17:22 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #898 on: May 01, 2014, 06:35:04 PM »

Sadly we can start betting that there will be no release date this week...geez, I would love to have that blu-ray and cd...don't care much about the theater release. But yeah, week's almost done and nothing.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #899 on: May 01, 2014, 08:08:06 PM »

Sadly we can start betting that there will be no release date this week...geez, I would love to have that blu-ray and cd...don't care much about the theater release. But yeah, week's almost done and nothing.

I'm with you.  I want the CD too, for my iPod.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: