Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 433822 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #780 on: March 13, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »

As far as the VR DVD ... You raise a good point... I wonder why Axl didn't have a problem with that... But did for slash's solo DVD

Where is the source of this info?

/jarmo
[/quote]

no source, just speculating, in the same way others are speculating Slash is doing this to be malicious ..

I know nothing about why any of the lawsuits involving these guys take place

I just know its tiring as a GNR fan

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #781 on: March 13, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »

Now i think that axl/gnr just wanted a bigger cut in the states for that slash dvd (which wasnt that great  in my opinion) for royalties i dont belive that the motive was to ban the dvd, just a question of hey slash is putting a dvd out with 80% of the songs being gnr songs so you have to pay some money to gnr.

Otherwise it wouldnt make sense if gnr tried to ban the slash dvd just in one country and be ok with velvet revolver dvds.

Now if slash is saying dont release anything i wrote or give me x dollars for every song i co-wrote. Idont know.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #782 on: March 13, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »

no source, just speculating, in the same way others are speculating Slash is doing this to be malicious ..

In that case. Maybe he was not prepared to pay for the licensing to have it released in the USA and assumed/hoped some people would just blame Axl for "blocking the release".
Now he's blocking the GN'R movie from being shows anywhere, and some will assume it's only fair because they assume Axl blocked his DVD....

Appetite For Speculation!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #783 on: March 13, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »

In that case. Maybe he was not prepared to pay for the licensing to have it released in the USA and assumed/hoped some people would just blame Axl for "blocking the release".
Now he's blocking the GN'R movie from being shows anywhere, and some will assume it's only fair because they assume Axl blocked his DVD....

Appetite For Speculation

/jarmo

yeah I mean I have no clue

I think both of them are ridiculous to be quite honest... I know you wont take that stance, but thats ok

I am very glad they hooked up back in the day tho!

and I love Appetite for Speculation as the name of the DVD !

and credit to Duff for staying out of this shit, he proves time and time again to be a class act

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #784 on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »

We have several sources saying the issues are because of former members, one of them naming the member in question.

How do you figure they're both ridiculous?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #785 on: March 13, 2014, 12:39:37 PM »

We have several sources saying the issues are because of former members, one of them naming the member in question.

Big picture.

I understand the temptation to only focus on this one instance because, for a change, Axl doesn't seem like the bad guy.

But this is just that : one instance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #786 on: March 13, 2014, 12:41:02 PM »

And this topic is about.....?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #787 on: March 13, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »

A lot of things.  Its a 40 page thread.

But the comment you quoted pretending not to understand was obviously referring to more than this lone DVD.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #788 on: March 13, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »

Big picture.

I understand the temptation to only focus on this one instance because, for a change, Axl doesn't seem like the bad guy.

But this is just that : one instance.

This conversation is only about getting a dvd released, which Slash is preventing.
So on this occasion Slash is the bad guy for the only instance that matters

Let's also be clear that the company who released live at stoke decided not to release it in the US and it was 100% nothing to do with Axl.

These are the facts!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:17:23 PM by slashofvr » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #789 on: March 13, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »

A lot of things.  Its a 40 page thread.

But the comment you quoted pretending not to understand was obviously referring to more than this lone DVD.

No. Don't try to "figure out" what I mean. I'm only talking about this issue, that the topic is about.
Nice try though.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #790 on: March 13, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »

No. Don't try to "figure out" what I mean. I'm only talking about this issue, that the topic is about.
Nice try though.

Doesn't take a whole lot of figuring.

Look, this is a big day.  Slash is the bad guy on this thing.  Let's not spoil that glorious moment with our petty squabbling. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #791 on: March 13, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »

No need to be sarcastic.

I was asking the poster, not you, a simple question.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #792 on: March 13, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »

No need to be sarcastic.

Always a need.  But in this case, I was quite serious.

After all the years of having to circle the wagons and defend the, at times, quite indefensible from Axl, this must be a welcome respite.  Axl trying to do something for the fans only to have Slash seemingly trying to derail it.

Personally, I never really got involved in that civil war.  It was silly to me.  Both guys are largely responsible for some of my favorite music of alltime.  I never saw the point having to tear one down to build up the other, in either direction.

But I know I'm not alone being surprised by this latest development.  And had I been a person very invested in that civil war, this is huge, no?

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #793 on: March 13, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »

No need to be sarcastic.

Always a need.  But in this case, I was quite serious.

After all the years of having to circle the wagons and defend the, at times, quite indefensible from Axl, this must be a welcome respite.  Axl trying to do something for the fans only to have Slash seemingly trying to derail it.

Personally, I never really got involved in that civil war.  It was silly to me.  Both guys are largely responsible for some of my favorite music of alltime.  I never saw the point having to tear one down to build up the other, in either direction.

But I know I'm not alone being surprised by this latest development.  And had I been a person very invested in that civil war, this is huge, no?

Not sure I?m following.
Why would Slash be in the wrong for holding out for more money?
We don?t know the amount he?s after, if it?s true at all, never mind if it?s with malicious intent.

Do you honestly believe the primary motive for Axl releasing this DVD is ?to do something for the fans??
Call me crazy but I think money could be a factor on his part as well. So it?s cool for Axl to get his share, but not Slash?

Let?s face it, this DVD isn?t Chinese Democracy II.
It?s a DVD with recycled AFD era artwork, and the promotion I?ve seen consisted solely of classic era tracks.
Why wouldn?t Slash or any of the classic lineup feel entitled to their share?

Don't get me wrong, would be cool if this gets resolved so the DVD can be released.
Just not ready to burn ex-members at the stake for wanting what they are entitled to.

Easy to spend other peoples money, I guess.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #794 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »

Not sure I?m following.
Why would Slash be in the wrong for holding out for more money?
We don?t know the amount he?s after, if it?s true at all, never mind if it?s with malicious intent.

When the news first hit that it was delayed, the knee jerk was that Team Brazil fucked something up, or Axl pulled one of his Axl moves and we'd never find out what happened.

Then it starts to come out that Axl is not the problem at all, nor his management, and the hold-up seems to be with Slash.

I'm simply commenting that if you are one of the folks that think Axl does no wrong and takes (what you deem) an unfair amount of (what you deem) unfair criticism, that news coming out is great for your cause, no?  Doubly so if in addition to being an Axl champion, you tend to think Slash gets a "free pass" and is really a nefarious villain all this time.  Its best of both worlds for you, this latest bit of news, is it not?

Do you honestly believe the primary motive for Axl releasing this DVD is ?to do something for the fans??

In a way.

Yes, the obvious reason is to make money.  Its why people do anything.

But I'm talking about how people always give Axl crap for releasing one lone album in 15 years.  This was at least a new product, even if it was not a new album.  That's Axl trying to promote his work, which most of the time, he seems he couldn't give a shit less about.  And it was a product fans seemed interested in.  Its all we had been talking about on 2 sites.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:48:31 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #795 on: March 13, 2014, 02:56:36 PM »

Gotcha.
Yea, I?d agree it?s good fodder for the drama queens.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #796 on: March 13, 2014, 02:59:20 PM »

Gotcha.
Yea, I?d agree it?s good fodder for the drama queens.

Well, I was trying to dress it up, but...yeah. Cheesy

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #797 on: March 13, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »

It's good news for those who believe in Axl? Not really, I bet they were hoping to see this movie!

Also, many of those on the greener side of the fence don't need proof that the public image of a person isn't always the real truth. So no need to try to sway the discussion in some other direction. Maybe this little piece of news is bad news for other people? Maybe like yourself?

More so, than good news for others who were looking forward to the movie.

/jarmo

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #798 on: March 13, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »

Sources say He is blocking the release, these are real comments by those in the know... ok

As far as Axl blocking anything, I can't speak of that because it was just people on forums that assumed that, there was never any source for that information.. rumour mill means squat to me...

I can see the difference can anyone else? I think it is pretty clear who is behind this. 

I hope this gets sorted because I am dying to see a dvd/bluray, anything from THIS band. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #799 on: March 13, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »

Maybe this little piece of news is bad news for other people? Maybe like yourself?

Well, you already know what I think.

Its a good development for anyone that has determined shitting on Slash is a good way to show support for Axl.  They are in hog heaven these past 2 days.  Most times, this conversation goes the other way.  An "I told you so" vibe seems inevitable there.

Me, personally?  I had very little interest in this thing.  I was not going to see it in the theater, as we tend to not get such things here in the U.S. suburbs.  Its an inner city showing, if there is one at all.  I absolutely would have bought the DVD the day it came out, so long as it came with a CD version I could put on my iPod.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: