Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 433181 times)
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2013, 06:01:19 PM »

That is great news!!!   Anyone know if it will be PG or PG -13?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #441 on: August 29, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »

That is great news!!!   Anyone know if it will be PG or PG -13?
You do realize this is Guns N' Roses we are talking about, and that this show included dancers on the stage, don't you?

Ali
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #442 on: August 29, 2013, 07:44:07 PM »

The fact that rockfuel keeps updating the news on this every once in a while is GREAT news! They seem to be really determined to get this released. I really think we'll see this get released sometime soon.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #443 on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »

rockFuel said today that news regarding the dvd will be available soon....haha...

No, it says theatrical release... @RockFuelMedia: Will be announcing GNR theatrical cinema very soon...thanks for your patience

/jarmo

You kept pointing out that UMG would be the one to announce something.  Is this reliable?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #444 on: August 29, 2013, 09:56:28 PM »

That's a good question.

I don't know if a cinema release would differ from a home video release....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #445 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »

Would Fernando be willing to chime in?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #446 on: August 30, 2013, 02:00:45 AM »

Would Fernando be willing to chime in?

They're prob. going to let us know when the release date announcement's going to be made.

If they get it out before the end of the year, it's longer than Smashing Pumpkins will take, but less than Janes Addiction's DVD took.

I didn't see anything about Smashing Pumpkins making theirs a theatrical release. Part of what I'm looking forward to is how it'll sound as much as I will be watching it.
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #447 on: August 30, 2013, 08:12:42 AM »

I really hope RockFuelMedia is right this time and this gets released, well soon is the word for the upcoming announcement so let's see if that even happens. Nice that they are announcing that an announcement will be made very soon  Wink. It seems like they know that GNR fans would really like to see this.

Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #448 on: October 04, 2013, 01:12:29 AM »

Well I see Metallica has a nice 3D concert that was recorded & being promoted and released in theaters with out a hitch! Lucky fans  Cry

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #449 on: October 04, 2013, 01:08:53 PM »

Well I see Metallica has a nice 3D concert that was recorded & being promoted and released in theaters with out a hitch! Lucky fans  Cry

"complaints, complaints, complaints..."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: October 04, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »

"complaints, complaints, complaints..."

Exactly.  We may not be getting the next album, a dvd, live album, etc....But it looks like we ARE getting a third South American leg of the tour.   beer

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »

how could you blame them.... you and me could join the band as additional musicians  and the fans there would still pack the soccer stadiums.....

in the US... other than the big cities they cant sell out the 15k arenas anymore

so if you were running things wouldnt you go back to SA?

and obviously SA is important to Axl and his management circle

but back to vegas DVD>..cant believe we are coming up a year on this already...time goes by so fast

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #452 on: October 04, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »

Wrong thread .... But indications are there of a SA tour?

CBGNR
« Reply #453 on: October 04, 2013, 03:27:50 PM »

Alot of bands have a more difficult time with attendance in the smaller North American markets, especially US.That's why you see so many combined big name tours.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2013, 12:10:17 PM »

how could you blame them.... you and me could join the band as additional musicians  and the fans there would still pack the soccer stadiums.....

in the US... other than the big cities they cant sell out the 15k arenas anymore

so if you were running things wouldnt you go back to SA?

and obviously SA is important to Axl and his management circle

but back to vegas DVD>..cant believe we are coming up a year on this already...time goes by so fast

I can't blame them much either, that's where the money is (also where the intense fandom is).  Americans, at just about any rock show, are dead and boring.  Plus, people know he ain't coming on till 11:15 and if it's Wednesday, they're probably apprehensive to go.

As for the DVD, Axl may not even want it to come out.  Either that or it's coinciding with a NA tour, etc.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #455 on: October 11, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »

Do you think it could be that Axl is just not happy with the quality of his vocals or other aspects of the band?  I get that there are things they can do to improve flaws in the studio, but maybe he doesn't want to do that. 

Or maybe UMG has been breaking his balls and has power to stop this release?  And maybe Axl has just lost all motivation to bother with this or anything else where he has to, in his mind, expend extreme energy and stress dealing with negative things in his life.

But if Axl wants this, it would at least be great if Management could give us some clue about whats going on.  If they are wondering why the fans get upset, its not just due to only releasing 1 new album of original material in the last 22 years, its due to lack of any information. 

I get that there were tons of mistakes made with CD, and that a lot of stuff backfired for them, but the way things are being handled now (radio silence), is certainly not making anything better for them.

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #456 on: October 13, 2013, 11:49:22 PM »

Do you think it could be that Axl is just not happy with the quality of his vocals or other aspects of the band?  I get that there are things they can do to improve flaws in the studio, but maybe he doesn't want to do that. 

I was thinking the same thing.  It's noticeably weaker than a few years prior and he probably doesn't want to endure the over-the-top and incessant critical slamming he always gets (even when he's at 100%).

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #457 on: October 14, 2013, 03:31:01 AM »

I think this is absolutely in play.

The man is not deaf.  He hears the same soundboard we all do.  It would take some serious studio magic, if not outright re-recorded vocals, to help some of the vocals lately.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #458 on: October 14, 2013, 07:11:55 AM »

Axl is a perfectionist. Very few can pull off the vocal range he sings and performs with. So that makes sense he may be the one putting the brakes on the DVD.
Id rather they dont put it out VS redoing the vocals. It would sound too produced and not a have a live feel.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #459 on: October 14, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »

I think this is absolutely in play.

The man is not deaf.  He hears the same soundboard we all do.  It would take some serious studio magic, if not outright re-recorded vocals, to help some of the vocals lately.
I don't think this is likely the reason for the delay. 

First off, the vocal quality issue is one that is subjective with regards to vocal tone.  Having seen the last two shows of the residency in person and having talked to many people in and around the Hard Rock Hotel who saw the shows, I can say that the opinion you express is not universal by any stretch of the imagination.

Second, there are other issues that must be taken into consideration.  There are clearance issues that have to be dealt with in order to include covers like "The Seeker", "Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)", "No Quarter", and "Don't Let It Bring You Down".  All of which were played at the show recorded for the release.  This could be a significant issue given the number of covers played at the show.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: