Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 434103 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #340 on: July 22, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »

Which summer did they say this would be released??

Prob just finishing up the video for Better first.
The thing about that is that the Better video was actually REALLY good, and showcased all the musicians perfectly. I feel they should of let it run, and gave it to MTV, Kerrang and other channels to play. Now it's just a lost video that fans have to search YouTube just to view. (if it hasn't been restricted)  Roll Eyes

Sorry but it wasn't good. Probably why it was never released.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2013, 03:47:20 AM »

The thing about that is that the Better video was actually REALLY good, and showcased all the musicians perfectly. I feel they should of let it run, and gave it to MTV, Kerrang and other channels to play. Now it's just a lost video that fans have to search YouTube just to view. (if it hasn't been restricted)  Roll Eyes

So we have to assume that everything the band has done till now sucks, lookin' at all the rumors, promises etc wich never took place

To me, the video of better is actually good, even if i think that bucket and finck were just out of place in that video at the time... what's the meaning of putting out a video in which 2 players are already gone? And again, how much money they asked for being in a gnr video being out of that band (i think it's more a bucket's issue than a finck's one)?

So...It's always about the money and not about quality, and i think the Axl's line in which he says that the better video was supposed to be out sometime (months or years?) after the cd release doesn't work in that sense.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:14:42 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »

So we have to assume that everything the band has done till now sucks, lookin' at all the rumors, promises etc wich never took place

To me, the video of better is actually good, even if i think that bucket and finck were just out of place in that video at the time... what's the meaning of putting out a video in which 2 players are already gone? And again, how much money they asked for being in a gnr video being out of that band (i think it's more a bucket's issue than a finck's one)?

So...It's always about the money and not about quality, and i think the Axl's line in which he says that the better video was supposed to be out sometime (months or years?) after the cd release doesn't work in that sense.

I think its 'better' than some of the other gnr videos.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »

I think its 'better' than some of the other gnr videos.

Indeed

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:53 AM »

In news about this DVD, the trailer for this has been taken down from Rock Fuel's site.

The advertisment is still up with "TBA" scrawled all over it, but you can't view the trailer any more. This doesn't appear overly positive to me.

Hopefully we hear some good news shortly...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2013, 10:24:47 AM »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but everything officially released by GN'R has come out on Geffen/Intercope/Universal so far.

So it seems a bit weird that the production company is promoting the release. Shouldn't it be the record company that's supposed to release it?

I can see that they might wanna mention the release because they did the work on it and so on. But in the end, isn't it the record company that should promote it, issue a press release about the release and so on...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but everything officially released by GN'R has come out on Geffen/Intercope/Universal so far.

So it seems a bit weird that the production company is promoting the release. Shouldn't it be the record company that's supposed to release it?

I can see that they might wanna mention the release because they did the work on it and so on. But in the end, isn't it the record company that should promote it, issue a press release about the release and so on...

/jarmo

Jarmo can't you tell us exactly what's going with this release? I mean you were with the band recently and you have direct contact with them.

Throw us a bone here lol

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2013, 01:09:35 PM »

/jarmo
Well, Rock Fuel did that for their Jane's Addiction concert video, among others.  So, I'm not surprised they are advertising it, especially considering they produced the trailer.

Ali
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »

/jarmo
Well, Rock Fuel did that for their Jane's Addiction concert video, among others.  So, I'm not surprised they are advertising it, especially considering they produced the trailer.

Ali..

They're also promoting the new Smashing Pumpkins 3d concert.

Why doesn't Jarmo ever give a straight answer like .."I don't know" or other. Does he get some thrill when people think he know's something we don't?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2013, 08:53:36 PM »

/jarmo

Ali..

They're also promoting the new Smashing Pumpkins 3d concert.

Why doesn't Jarmo ever give a straight answer like .."I don't know" or other. Does he get some thrill when people think he know's something we don't?

Probably because its not Jarmo's business to be telling things. 

On the other hand, it does beg the question, why do you think Axl and his team stay silent?  I understand they don't want to put anything out there that may end up falling apart.  They've been burned badly there before.  But a bone here would be nice.  If there's problems with the record company and whatever deals they were working on to release this thing, just give us bare minimum details to let us know you're working on it or its stalled or its never coming out. 

We are the dedicated fans who come here hoping one day you log in and theres some exciting unexpected news.  We are the ones who have seen Axl's vision through and have more invested in Guns N' Roses than just getting excited to hear AFD songs live every few years when they come to your city.  And, we are for the most part the ones that have stuck with HTGTH despite all the other bullshit out there.

I'm not here to gossip about the band.  I just want to listen to their music.  Whether its in my car, at home, on vacation, or at a show, its all about their music.  With that said, Jarmo is a connection to the band.  So wouldn't it be cool if Fernando could come here or use Jarmo as a voice for the band?  And if Axl feels comfortable, tell us directly. 

One of my favorite things is to read Axl's thoughts on just about everything. He has an amazing way of writing and is very deep with his thoughts, I really wish he would let us in more. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:55:14 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »

/jarmo

are they still on geffen?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #351 on: July 27, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »

Why doesn't Jarmo ever give a straight answer like .."I don't know" or other.

I don't know!

Does he get some thrill when people think he know's something we don't?

I don't care what people think and I don't post things to try to make people think stuff about me.  Smiley

I just found it interesting that the company filming/making the concert film is the one promoting it instead of the record company that's released anything the band put out so far.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2013, 06:53:13 AM »

On the other hand, it does beg the question, why do you think Axl and his team stay silent? 

I just want to listen to their music.  Whether its in my car, at home, on vacation, or at a show, its all about their music.  With that said, Jarmo is a connection to the band.  So wouldn't it be cool if Fernando could come here or use Jarmo as a voice for the band?  And if Axl feels comfortable, tell us directly. 

One of my favorite things is to read Axl's thoughts on just about everything. He has an amazing way of writing and is very deep with his thoughts, I really wish he would let us in more. 

Gotta say I like the sound of this, would be very cool if guns could use this site as a heads up for future plans.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #353 on: July 29, 2013, 10:05:34 AM »

Why doesn't Jarmo ever give a straight answer like .."I don't know" or other.

I don't know!

Does he get some thrill when people think he know's something we don't?

I don't care what people think and I don't post things to try to make people think stuff about me.  Smiley

I just found it interesting that the company filming/making the concert film is the one promoting it instead of the record company that's released anything the band put out so far.

/jarmo

Fair enough. I know you talk to the band and management why don't they come out and deny or approve this release?

Is the label even aware of this? How can Rockfuel work on something so huge without proper approvals?

Someone was saying they cant release this because if features music written by past members but a band like Megadeth releases DVD's all the time....

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #354 on: July 29, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »

Someone was saying they cant release this because if features music written by past members but a band like Megadeth releases DVD's all the time....

Every situation is different.  Maybe Mustaine has written releases from previous members giving him some control over the use of the published materials.  Maybe those former band members, since they really have no vested interest in Megadeath anymore, just sign the contracts and take the publishing royalties when they come up.

You have 4 other guys who all have to sign releases, and they are all in various stages of their "relationship" with Axl and the band.  One guy says no, or demands an unreasonable royalty rate, or simply sits on the contract because they're busy with something else....and you squash or delay the release.

Trying to compare GnR to pretty much any band that's still releasing music, and trying to publish their old material,  is tough..because you can't really find apples to apples in most cases.  I can't think of many bands where credit for writing certain popular material is credited to the ENTIRE band, and 4/5ths of that membership has left, and, in some cases, not under the best of circumstances.

As with all things, it's not as easy as it seems like it should be at first blush.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2013, 10:38:12 AM »

Every situation is different.  Maybe Mustaine has written releases from previous members giving him some control over the use of the published materials.  Maybe those former band members, since they really have no vested interest in Megadeath anymore, just sign the contracts and take the publishing royalties when they come up.

You have 4 other guys who all have to sign releases, and they are all in various stages of their "relationship" with Axl and the band.  One guy says no, or demands an unreasonable royalty rate, or simply sits on the contract because they're busy with something else....and you squash or delay the release.

Trying to compare GnR to pretty much any band that's still releasing music, and trying to publish their old material,  is tough..because you can't really find apples to apples in most cases.  I can't think of many bands where credit for writing certain popular material is credited to the ENTIRE band, and 4/5ths of that membership has left, and, in some cases, not under the best of circumstances.

As with all things, it's not as easy as it seems like it should be at first blush.

I understand 100% of what you are saying but you can easily compare GNR to Smashing Pumpkins and Megadeth.

All three of those bands are in the same situation.

However the other 2 bands have no issues releasing past and new material.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »

I know you talk to the band and management why don't they come out and deny or approve this release?

Is the label even aware of this? How can Rockfuel work on something so huge without proper approvals?

I assume they were hired to produce the film, then it's up to the band's record company to release it properly.

Just like any kind of release.

Of course the band and everyone is aware of it, it was kind of difficult to not notice all the extra cameras at the venue. Wink

I don't understand your question about the band approving or denying a release that doesn't have a release date yet. Approve or deny what exactly?
As I said, I assume it's the record company's job to release it.

/jarmo

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #357 on: July 29, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »

I know you talk to the band and management why don't they come out and deny or approve this release?

I assume they were hired to produce the film, then it's up to the band's record company to release it properly.

Just like any kind of release.

Of course the band and everyone is aware of it, it was kind of difficult to not notice all the extra cameras at the venue. Wink

I don't understand your question about the band approving or denying a release that doesn't have a release date yet. Approve or deny what exactly?
As I said, I assume it's the record company's job to release it.

/jarmo

Is there something that the label doesn't like about this release? Is the band and management in the same situation as us? Clueless?

It's an amazing show and the label will make $...I don't see any obvious problems that should cause any delays.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »

Maybe it's just waste of time to keep on asking ourselves why or when. We better hold our horses and wait. We might end up watching this OR not for several different reasons we will never know. So let's just...hope for the best!
Guessing around makes people start gossips here and there on the supposed reasons this is not released yet and that's the last thing this band needs right now.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2013, 11:39:44 AM »

Maybe it's just waste of time to keep on asking ourselves why or when. We better hold our horses and wait. We might end up watching this OR not for several different reasons we will never know. So let's just...hope for the best!
Guessing around makes people start gossips here and there on the supposed reasons this is not released yet and that's the last thing this band needs right now.

True but it's not fair to get teased with trailers..... (im not blaming anyone yet)

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: