Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses' DJ Ashba on New Material and 'Unique' Vegas Residency
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses' DJ Ashba on New Material and 'Unique' Vegas Residency  (Read 5765 times)
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« on: October 09, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »

Source:http://m.rollingstone.com/?redirurl=/music/news/guns-n-roses-dj-ashba-on-new-material-and-unique-vegas-residency-20121009?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Guns N' Roses** have plenty on their plate this fall. The rockers will play Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit, which runs October 20th and 21st in Mountain View, California, and then take to Las Vegas on Halloween for a 12-date residency through November 24th at the Hard Rock Hotel's Joint club. The band's guitarist, DJ Ashba, believes these dates will bring the band closer to releasing some of the plentiful new material they have.

"[Axl Rose] has tons of stuff done [and] recorded that he's played for me and wants my input on," Ashba tells Rolling Stone. "Axl's put together such a talented group of musicians and there are so many songs that are already worked out. So we've got a good jump on it, for sure."

Guns N' Roses' two concert experiences will be ambitious as well, promises Ashba. For the Bridge School Benefit, Guns N' Roses will perform an entirely unplugged set in tribute to the event's founder. "A lot of the acoustic shows in the past, I would still play on the [electric] Les Paul ? but for this, we're going all acoustic, no electric anything. That's how Neil kind of envisioned the whole thing, so we're gonna stay true to that, for sure," Ashba
explains. "We're gonna add a couple [songs] that the band's never played... I know Axl is really excited to do it."

This year's Bridge School bill also features Jack White, k.d. lang, Steve Martin's bluegrass act and Lucinda Williams. "I think Jack White's a brilliant musician and Steve Martin, k.d. lang [are] really good live. It's just gonna be a fun day," enthuses Ashba. "I'll be a little kid that day."

For the group's plugged-in Sin City run, Ashba claims, "It's gonna be a different experience for sure. The whole entire stage looks different." Their Appetite for Democracy residency will include new live production and set lists and is timed to this year's 25th anniversary of their landmark debut album, Appetite for Destruction.

"We're playing three shows a week and our main goal is to make every show unique and really change it up because we do realize there are going to be a lot of people flying from all over the world to see maybe one, two, three shows," says Ashba. "But there are the local people that we do take into consideration that may show up to every single show. That's kind of what's been cool about Guns: it's so spontaneous live, we've never followed a set list."

The Vegas residency may also prove the most fruitful period for creating new material, notes Ashba. "This is the first time we're all gonna be in the same place for a month solid and that will be, and already has been talked about, our main focus. So I think we're gonna get a lot of done," he says. "There's a lot of stuff recorded and I think it's just a matter of sitting down and working together as a band, putting together what we feel is gonna be the next best Guns N' Roses record. And I can't wait; I'm so excited to dive even deeper into that."

Source:Rollingstone.com
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:35:15 PM by Estranged#9 » Logged

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »

It'll be cool to see a new stage and maybe some material we haven't heard in a while  beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »

NEW Material... Songs Not Play, New production, Axl Happy, etc... All Beatiful !!

Maybe Nothing

rofl

Good Interview

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
deadflowerII
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:06 PM »

so f'n cool!!!! Shocked   i cant wait to see how this next 2 months plays out! beer
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

Hoping for more Chinese Democracy songs, Oh My God, and Silkworms. New songs would be amazing!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »

Prostitute & Twat Whit Orchesta, ft RB

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »

It's an exciting time for being a Guns fan that's for sure.  I can't wait for the Vegas shows ! i've been to two shows last year and they were awesome.  Excited to possibly hear new material or older classics songs, if the band decides to play them.  Very cool of them to do a residency.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:11:54 PM »

Wish I could make Vegas...very good interview....
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »

Hey axlrosegnr - I think DJ specifically referenced you!

"But there are the local people that we do take into consideration that may show up to every single show"

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »

So it sounds like there could be some recording going on when the boys are in Vegas? Or am I reading too much into that?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »

That's kind of what's been cool about Guns: it's so spontaneous live, we've never followed a set list.
Huh this alone is not true, so take this with a huge grain of salt.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »

That's kind of what's been cool about Guns: it's so spontaneous live, we've never followed a set list.
Huh this alone is not true, so take this with a huge grain of salt.

They have a "set list". But it's not set in stone.

Some things were the same on the past tours (such as opening songs), but then after that things can change depending on the band...

So yeah, there's no definite setlist that they have to follow. A good example of this is playing There Was A Time as the first song in the encore in Dublin, Ireland.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »

So it sounds like there could be some recording going on when the boys are in Vegas? Or am I reading too much into that?

Well, the problem is that it's DJ saying stuff again. He's done it before. We'll just have to wait and so on.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »

Nice. Looking forward to read reviews, seeing youtube clips and seeing the setlists from the Vegas and unplugged shows. And even further ahead in time, from India. The Indians are known for loving loooong shows, so bring it on  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »

The next couple of months are going to be awesome. I still think Axl needs to do a stripped down acoustic album with a few old school honky tonk/country covers. I think he could sing the hell out a few old George Jones songs.

Check out the following videos: The elusive, mystique of "No Show Jones" is very comparable to the mystique of Axl. They both have vocals that are other worldly and almost non-human. Their ranges are so vast and their soul is raw and powerful. Axl is to class rock what Jones is to classic honky tonk. Axl is a John Wayne, Johnny Cash, Marlboro Man, modern day Cowboy Outlaw. He needs to live up to that Outlaw image.

Axl needs to cover the following Jones songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QZzrVKGnOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNGSJbE6JT4
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

Pretty cool insights and reasoning, 4 days off and all of them in the same place sounds like a good idea to me.
On top of that Vegas has some kick ass studios  ok (still wish I was there though)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:47:57 PM by Z?phyr » Logged

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »

There's not one part of that article that's bad news! Awesome stuff!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 01:10:23 PM »

Given the past i dunno if we should take this "new material" thing seriously. It seems to me that probably they're gonna have Ashba recording his parts on songs that are already done. Question is: How long will that take? How long will it take for a new GNR record to drop?

Seriously i think the new album will be out in November or December 2014, i think that's the most realistic date at this point.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »

Given the past i dunno if we should take this "new material" thing seriously. It seems to me that probably they're gonna have Ashba recording his parts on songs that are already done. Question is: How long will that take? How long will it take for a new GNR record to drop?

Seriously i think the new album will be out in November or December 2014, i think that's the most realistic date at this point.
YAWN!

Yep, of course you have the low-down on whose doing what, when and how in the world of GnR and we can all sleep easy knowing that the "truth" is finally out.  rofl  You know Jack$hi7 so why do you continue as if you do?  Whilst what DJ says at times is only a repeat of previous statements he's made before, I'm more inclined to run with his view of what occurring. Halo69=Mick Wall, speaks as if his finger is on the pulse, when in truth its so far up his ass that he's feeling his eye-lids fluttering.  Kiss

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »

Given the past i dunno if we should take this "new material" thing seriously.

More seriously than your posts.

"New material"?

It's new if it's not been released. No matter how much you and people like you complain about songs being written and/or recorded in the past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: