Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:40:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Local bar; the dj plays CD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Local bar; the dj plays CD  (Read 2340 times)
Sillything
VIP

« on: September 07, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »

Finally! Like four years later. The dj at my favourite bar plays a track from CD, "Chatcher in the rye". Damn that felt sweet! He played "Pretty tied up" and "Locomotive" eralier. I didn't react much to that, awsome songs though. But when he played Chatcher. Me Happy! Anyone else heard tracks from CD at their bars? It's coming, it's coming, Sucha a classic album. I Lovet it!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
LuanVictor
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:04:28 PM »

Cool! I really love Catcher.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »

Catcher has REALLY grown on me the last few months.  The last 2 or so minutes of the song are amazing.  The melodies and lyrics and subtle orchestrations take time to really hear, feel and appreciate.  Chinese Democracy really is a very significant album.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »

The only time I've heard CD songs played out at a bar is when I've put them on the jukebox myself.

Cool story though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »

Awesome!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »

The only time I've heard CD songs played out at a bar is when I've put them on the jukebox myself.

Cool story though.

Yep....if there's a DJ, then it's not a bar for me. Gotta have the jukebox so I can play whatever the hell I want.  ok

Axl is God.
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »

Cool story though.

Alright - way to represent!  Where is that bar that has CD in the jukebox - I need to go there and play the whole thing multiple times until they throw me out!!

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »

usually when im out with friends, I will play a few CD songs on the jukebox. nothing like bowling while Riad blasts over the sound system!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »

I was surprised Catcher in the Rye and Street of Dreams didn't catch on more than they have here in the States when Chinese Democracy came out.
I think those songs have the best shot of slipping into the rotation down the line. Not to burn up the charts, but maybe slip into a GN'R block on the radio or something.

I'm not surprised songs like Chinese Democracy, Shacklers or Riad have not caught on. Those are forever destined to remain CD diehard's cult hits.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »

Cool story though.

Alright - way to represent!  Where is that bar that has CD in the jukebox - I need to go there and play the whole thing multiple times until they throw me out!!
A lot of jukeboxes these days have pretty much every song programmed into them.  You just have to pay a little extra to get the deep cuts.  In fact, the "normal" songs that are the standard price are few in numbers and are basically the hits.  I usually end up doing mostly deep cuts, even outside of GNR, because the normal selections are quite bland.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: