Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl, Baz N' Bon Jovi..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl, Baz N' Bon Jovi..  (Read 8297 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: August 21, 2012, 08:35:52 AM »

Pretty interesting story from Sebastian Bach..Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall..
 "I actually had dinner with Jon a couple of years ago. We were staying at the Mandarin Oriental in London ? me and Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] ? and we were sitting there. And the waitress says, 'Hey, guess who's over in the corner.' And me and Axl go, 'Who?' She said, 'Jon Bon Jovi.' And I go, 'Get the fuck out of here.' He was in the corner. And I didn't know what to do. 'Cause we had had words? Most of them were mine. [laughs] So I go, 'You know what?! Fuck this. I'm gonna go over there and say 'Hi' to him.' 'Cause we used to be great, great friends; I had Christmas dinner at his house and stuff. So I stood up and walked over towards Jon, and Jon was looking at me, going, 'Are you gonna be a dick or are you gonna be nice?' He's looking at me, like, 'What are you gonna do? What are you gonna say?' And I was like, 'Hey, man, how is it going?' And he was, like, 'Hey, man?' And we stood up and we hugged and then he came over to me and Axl's table and we drank about 15 bottles of red wine, had a great time. He gave me his phone number and I've texted him a couple of times. He's a good guy. We're friends again."

Come to think of it wouldn't this be a killer tour introducing the GN'R Live Experience to a new crowd...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:39:07 AM by LIGuns » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »

Come to think of it wouldn't this be a killer tour introducing the GN'R Live Experience to a new crowd...

Who would headline?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:56:13 AM »

I remember years ago when Axl said 'Bon Jovi can suck my dick' I was like wow I like Bon Jovi and i'm a huge GnR fan whats wrong with Bon Jovi???  Glad things are worked out and I agree that would be a killer show I've seen Bon Jovi 4 or 5 times when they come play Tampa, FL.

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »

Who would headline?

Bon Jovi and GN'R were never compatible on a musical level. They're on two different planets.

I know, I know, they sold X million albums and their tours are sold out blah blah blah. So is Nickelback!

If you're after a new crowd, there's always the Rolling Stones.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:26:26 AM »

Who would headline?

Bon Jovi and GN'R were never compatible on a musical level. They're on two different planets.

I know, I know, they sold X million albums and their tours are sold out blah blah blah. So is Nickelback!

/jarmo

I agree, and I don't see Axl or Jon opening up for the other one.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »

I agree w/ all the above..Can't see them touring together..I wasn't speculating about a possibility, just saying it would be a night of hits from some 80's Super Heavyweights..But many die hard Bon Jovi fans are casual GN'R fans n' would probably stick around for the show..Thought the article would be a fun read just for the fact as Jarmo stated that they are huge bands but on different levels musically..
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »

Who would headline?

/jarmo

Could've said the same about Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction, and that worked out pretty well. Not that I want a Bon Jovi/GN'R tour myself... think that'd be awful. But it could work. 20 years ago? No... it wouldn't have worked at all back then, but I think people have a broader taste in music nowadays. Smiley

Also, when A7X and Stone Sour did a co-headlining tour a couple of years ago, they took turns to be the closing band. Could do something similar. If they toured with the Rolling Stones, they'd probably have to shorten their sets as it won't be a co-headlining tour.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:57:45 AM by AxlReznor » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 12:54:59 PM »

Guns N' Roses and Bon Jovi sharing a stage would be a sign of the apocalypse.

In a way I miss the days of amazing bands sharing the stage together like Guns, Metallica, Soundgarden etc, but I think I would prefer to see them headlining their own gigs at this point. Keeps ticket prices low(er), and pretty much guarantees longer set times.

If GN'R opens for the Stones, they would be an afterthought at this stage of their careers, and who knows how long a set they would have.
I'd rather see them rock the shit out of a more intimate venue for 3 hours. Unfortunately, those days are over for the Stones.

I'm not sure what ties remain between today's GN'R and the Stones anyway.

All that said, hell yes I would buy a ticket if that bill happened!
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »

Hehe. "Bon Jovi can suck my dick". One of the best phrases I've ever heard. But it's taken a little out of context sometimes. Corect me if I'm wrong, but I think he said that during a rant about cops and shit before Outta Get Me, and I don't think it's aimed directly to Bon Jovi.

That said, Bon Jovi and Guns sharing the stage? No good idea. Bon Jovi pretty much sucks......

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

Hehe. "Bon Jovi can suck my dick". One of the best phrases I've ever heard. But it's taken a little out of context sometimes. Corect me if I'm wrong, but I think he said that during a rant about cops and shit before Outta Get Me, and I don't think it's aimed directly to Bon Jovi.

That said, Bon Jovi and Guns sharing the stage? No good idea. Bon Jovi pretty much sucks......

Yeah, if i remember correctly, someone called Axl a "Bon Jovi lookalike" or something.

Axl is God.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »

Is jarmo comparing jon bon jovi to nickelback ?  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »

Is jarmo comparing jon bon jovi to ****** ?  hihi

They're about the in terms of quality aren't they??

Axl is God.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »

Is jarmo comparing jon bon jovi to ****** ?  hihi

They're about the in terms of quality aren't they??

Hmmm, nah.... Bon jovi is pop rock. They might be too pop for some people to take them seriously, but I believe jon bon jovi wrote his songs because he felt them, the songs have inspired melodies and hooks, especially on the old records up until early 90's.

Nickelback on the other hand rips not only other bands, songs, melodies and genres, but they even rip themselves off, by recycling songs with different lyrics.
They are not worthy of any man's respect.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 03:46:54 PM »

/jarmo

Wish Keith hadn't hurt his head and this had happened, it would have been amazing!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »

Didn't Jon Bon Jovi have some negative things to say about Axl a few years ago? Something about not understanding the fascination over the guy considering the lack of output (I believe this was before CD came out).

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »

/jarmo

Wish Keith hadn't hurt his head and this had happened, it would have been amazing!

Wasn't this supposed to happen in 2006?, heard something about a show in Germany or two with the Stones?.  drool

Would of been amazing to witness.  Cool
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »

I get it, success doesn't mean everything, but just because you don't like a band that happens to be successful that doesn't mean they are equivalent to Nickelback.   Nobody lacks more artistic integrity than Nickelback.  Except for maybe the bands on this years Uproar Festival, actually surprised Nickelback is not on that .  They are like the Beatles compared to those bands. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »

Didn't Jon Bon Jovi have some negative things to say about Axl a few years ago? Something about not understanding the fascination over the guy considering the lack of output (I believe this was before CD came out).

yeah he was bitching and moaning because Axl was getting a bunch of attention for not releasing an album, and he was putting out number 1 albums consistently through the 2000's and felt like he wasnt getting enough recognition.  Typical cry baby shit, nevermind the fact that none of his albums were anywhere near as good as CD.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »

This thread is pointless.... It's all opinion... Go to a Bon jovi message board ... I'm sure it says Jon is 100 times better than Axl.....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 06:16:45 AM »

This thread is pointless.... It's all opinion... Go to a Bon jovi message board ... I'm sure it says Jon is 100 times better than Axl.....
The thread isn't pointless as it was meant as a way to inform fans of an event which happened between these musicians which people never knew, I certainly didn't. I think it's a cool story, that's fun to hear I guess, not a big deal really. BTW, I just love how Bodhi goes from kind of defending Bon Jovi, to completely trashing him in his next post.  hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: