Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl, Baz N' Bon Jovi..
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl, Baz N' Bon Jovi..  (Read 8292 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 08:05:46 AM »

This thread is pointless.... It's all opinion... Go to a Bon jovi message board ... I'm sure it says Jon is 100 times better than Axl.....
The point o' the thread wasn't a potential tour, just an interesting piece on some mega-stars/icons spontaneously getting together..I mentioned a tour because o' all the universal cross genre hits they all have...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 08:07:10 AM »

If you're after a new crowd, there's always the Rolling Stones.

/jarmo

Wish Keith hadn't hurt his head and this had happened, it would have been amazing!

I was disappointed about that myself.  Thank god we didn't lose Keith.

I think that's a pretty cool story.  These 3 guys have been down the same road.  I would imagine it was a pretty enjoyable evening being with your own kind.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 09:49:35 AM »

you are correct... i liked reading the story as well...so it wasnt pointless...

what i mean was...it was turning pointless... when it started to be an argument about who is better...which of course is just subjective

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »

BTW, I just love how Bodhi goes from kind of defending Bon Jovi, to completely trashing him in his next post.  hihi

haha, I was defending Bon Jovi from being compared to Nickelback, very few bands deserve to be insulted that badly!  As far as the badmouthing Axl thing, Bon Jovi WAS being a little jealous bitch, I just call them like I see em.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:09:55 AM by Bodhi » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »

that's why I was happy with Axl's choice of "indie" musicians (Finck, Pitman, Bucket, Brain, Tommy, Bumble...) these last years.

even if I fear some kind of mainstream turn for the next LP, Guns will NEVER sound like Bon Jovi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 11:20:53 AM »

I think Bon Jovi said something shitty about Axl not putting out an album for so long at one point.

I don't know. Bon Jovi was what I listened to as a little kid, but I kinda grew out it.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 02:52:36 PM »

Didn't Jon Bon Jovi have some negative things to say about Axl a few years ago? Something about not understanding the fascination over the guy considering the lack of output (I believe this was before CD came out).

yeah he was bitching and moaning because Axl was getting a bunch of attention for not releasing an album, and he was putting out number 1 albums consistently through the 2000's and felt like he wasnt getting enough recognition.  Typical cry baby shit, nevermind the fact that none of his albums were anywhere near as good as CD.
Bon Jovi's keyboardist involved himself too by going on about the late starts.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 03:38:07 PM »

Didn't Jon Bon Jovi have some negative things to say about Axl a few years ago? Something about not understanding the fascination over the guy considering the lack of output (I believe this was before CD came out).

yeah he was bitching and moaning because Axl was getting a bunch of attention for not releasing an album, and he was putting out number 1 albums consistently through the 2000's and felt like he wasnt getting enough recognition.  Typical cry baby shit, nevermind the fact that none of his albums were anywhere near as good as CD.
Bon Jovi's keyboardist involved himself too by going on about the late starts.

True, although I can't really think of many bands who haven't had a thing or two to say about the late starts.  Kind of been a running joke for the last quarter century.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

Come to think of it wouldn't this be a killer tour introducing the GN'R Live Experience to a new crowd...

Who would headline?

Bon Jovi and GN'R were never compatible on a musical level. They're on two different planets.

I know, I know, they sold X million albums and their tours are sold out blah blah blah. So is Nickelback!

If you're after a new crowd, there's always the Rolling Stones.

/jarmo

Sure... The Rolling Stones...that band is really similar with the "new gnr" approach of Chinese Democracy...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »

Playing a show with the legendary Rolling Stones or Bon Jovi?

Come on.

Some of you are so "obsessed" with acting like you run the promoter company, the record label and so on.

You know, all those "GN'R should...." posts by regular fans who have about as much clue as the next fan.

So, with that in mind, if one of you thinks "GN'R should play with Bon Jovi to play in front of a new audience", here's another thought "the Rolling Stones".

There.

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »

Playing a show with the legendary Rolling Stones or Bon Jovi?

Come on.

Some of you are so "obsessed" with acting like you run the promoter company, the record label and so on.

You know, all those "GN'R should...." posts by regular fans who have about as much clue as the next fan.

So, with that in mind, if one of you thinks "GN'R should play with Bon Jovi to play in front of a new audience", here's another thought "the Rolling Stones".

There.

Tongue

/jarmo

They could drag Buckethead if they go to Europe again, cuz I want tho. Tongue

@should;
I figured out gnr now is leaning strongly towards classic rock and not stuff like OMG anymore (god I wanna hear that song live again, I think Axl would nail it), so acts like Rammstein or metal-acts like Judas Priest is probably out of the question. Metallica? RHCP?

idea Skunk!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDDfZpyKVBw
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:00:52 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »

I'm really annoyed how my posts have been misinterpreted..In no way was I "playing tour manager" or insinuating a possible GN'R/Bon Jovi tour..Just saying it was a cool n' spontaneous meeting o' Rock Royalty....All I meant by a "cool tour" was all though both bands are very different they have casual fans in common n' several cross over hits/classics that would make up for a fun night of music for all in attendance..Just thinking "out loud"...
Anyone have a problem "Get in the Ring"!! LOL.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 02:07:10 PM »

In your case, maybe it was thinking out loud.

In other cases it's people thinking they know better than actual professionals. And saying things that make them feel better, by acting like they actually know something about touring and/or the music business.....

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »

Thats a cool story, would've loved to have heard it.

That Jon blasting Axl thing was in a tabloid. I have a very hard time seeing Jon use that type of language etc in an interview. So I am calling BS on that.

Bon Jovi have the highest grossing tour every time they go out.. so why would they want to split profit for a co headline with anybody?

also, comparing Bon Jovi to Nickelback is ridiculous.

Let's see what Nickelback are doing in 30 years, let's see how many all time classics will still be played on the radio 25 years later.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »

I'm sure Sebastian's pissed Jon AND Axl off!

Wonder who picked up the wine tab, and how much that came out to, and if Axl broke out his stogies..

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: