Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Think we can get an interview from Beta?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Think we can get an interview from Beta?  (Read 6298 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: August 10, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »

You know I'm a big Beta supporter.  Cheesy  I don't think we've had an interview from her since back around 2000.  I would love to hear from her on not only her GNR manager job but I think she's had a pretty interesting life.

I personally suck at the interview and have no clue who we could ask to do it.  I guess we could ask questions here if Jarmo thinks it's appropriate and she might see it.  Or if you know of some professionals I could e-mail like Trunk, I could crank out a few of those.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »

cool

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17:37 AM »

Actually Cin once you talked too her for a few minutes I think you would be the perfect person to interview her! Hugs!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »

I'd think she'd be afraid for an interview from me.  She might ended up with 5 more kids--lol

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 07:37:35 PM »

lol You can't help your love for people!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »

Far more intense than a mountain shooting out volcanic ash, at least on a daily bases--lol  We'll leave the God interview up to Richard.

We're about the same age so I would probably start there.  You know how are the kids?  Got them all squared away?  We're at an age when we are suppose to be looking at retirement and she goes out, starts a restaurant and manages one of the biggest rock n roll bands in the world.  How'd that happen?  And some where in there we'd probably stray off into a private little chat about what it's like to be this old--lol  Yeah, lets just move onto the GNR questions.

I've been shouting out for years to make her manager.  At what point did she realize she had to take it on?  I'm going to ask the next question only to shut up the "she only the house keeper" people.  How did being right there with the band for so many years prepare you for this job?  Things seem to be running a lot smoother now that she is in charge, how does she feel about that?  When she stops laughing maybe she'll tell us all the flurry of activity that goes on with running a band this big.  I'd like to know who has what jobs, where GNR wants to go, how long they plan on being around, stuff like that.  Why are they continuing to stay with this label after all the problems with CD?

And the Axl questions.  How's he doing?  He seems to smile a lot more these days.  Has he threaten to fire you yet? lol  Just playing.  What do you want to say about him?  What would he want us to know that doesn't seem to be getting out there?

Got any other suggestions?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 10:54:40 AM »

Damn it, Beta dropped by and I didn't have my questions ready.  Or it was the five more kids and she ran away.  hihi

tommyrai
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 11:43:35 AM »

how about whats her fave unreleased gnr song?  how does she feel that her son and axl are such good buddies? any funny haloween stories of parties at axls? does she stay in touch with former gunners i e paul tobias and what does axl and herself have planned yet? how was dj/ron when they were welcomed in the gnr family and where does she see her life heading next? and maybe a good food recipe from her for good measue ha ha
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 05:12:49 AM »

Okay Cin, let me see if I can help you with some questions.

How is the resturant biz doing?

Several of the band members seem too have quite a love for animals. Are you the same way? Do you have any pets?

20 years ago is this where you thought or hoped too be?

You mentioned in a interview years ago about maybe finding someone too share your life with, had any luck in that department?

Do you ever get too visit family back home?

What would be playing on the radio at Beta's house at any given time?

IF you were stranded on an island what is the one thing you would want with you? lol

Whats it like working so close too your children?

If and when you retire where will you retire too?

Have you ever had to knock one of the guys up side the head? lol

What would you say was the most special moment you have shared with the band?

What band member is the biggest pain in the ass?

Which band member is the least pain in the ass? lol

I know there are a lot of practial jokes that get pulled around the GNR camp. Can you tell us a few?

IF you weren't working for GNR what would you be doing?

What is your favorite GNR song?

What is your favorite song not GNR related?

I see you have added some more ink too your body work. Can't get a good look. What have you added?

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 08:50:08 AM »

I'd rather interview someone in the band than a behind the scenes/kinda mother figure to Axl.

I actually think it's a little bit creepy to even suggest wanting to interview her, as she isn't really the star, Axl and the band members are.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 09:18:14 AM »

I actually think it's a little bit creepy to even suggest wanting to interview her, as she isn't really the star, Axl and the band members are.

What is creepy with interviewing someone who is not a star? If that is the case, that it is creepy to interview people who are not stars, then you must get this creepy feeling every single day, huh? At least I see interviews almost every day, in the news/magazines/or whatever, done with non-stars.....

I would love to read interviews with most people connected with something I find interesting. Gn'R is interesting. As an example, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEYLu1P27M) interview with Mike Mayhue is interesting in my eyes. Not creepy at all....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »

What is creepy with interviewing someone who is not a star? If that is the case, that it is creepy to interview people who are not stars, then you must get this creepy feeling every single day, huh? At least I see interviews almost every day, in the news/magazines/or whatever, done with non-stars.....

I would love to read interviews with most people connected with something I find interesting. Gn'R is interesting. As an example, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEYLu1P27M) interview with Mike Mayhue is interesting in my eyes. Not creepy at all....

You're right, I probably should have worded that differently.

I find it creepy that people here want to interview her, when the reality is, she has nothing to do with the reasons we all love GN'R.

No doubt, she's held in high regard by Axl, and I admire her for that, but I have no need to interview her because of that. I think it's just weird.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »

I find it creepy that people here want to interview her, when the reality is, she has nothing to do with the reasons we all love GN'R.

Not to be a nitpicker or anything metallex, but I do in fact believe she has something to do with the reason I love Gn'R. Everything have been going pretty smoothly after she became manager. The European tour was a blast. The band was on fire. And think I love Gn'R even a little bit more than I did before after seeing them in Milano. And Beta has something to do with the fact that Axl feel less "chained" by management bullshit after Beta, a person he can trust will do what's best for him and the band, took the charge. So, to say she has nothing to do with the reasons we all love Gn'R is really totally wrong. It might be wrong for me to say that she has anything to do with why you love Gn'R, but I suspect you love the band, also a tiny little bit for the effort they've done the past year. And Beta probably have something to do with it  Cheesy

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »

Yeah, you keep catching me out... Grin

But my thing, is I that have absolutely no interest in interviewing someone who is somewhat of a 'mother' figure to Axl.

I'd much rather hear interviews with the actual musicians in GN'R who, ya know, make and play the actual music in the band... which is the real reason I imagine you're here too, not because of a mother/manager type to Axl, behind the scenes  ok

For example, I love Metallica, but I'm not interested in reading an interview with any of their mothers, to me it's just an odd thing where some fans are going too far with their obsession.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 01:09:42 PM »

Don't worry about it.  I'm doing the interview, you don't have too, and Richard's doing the God interview.  Grin

I'm not even a very good fan so obession is out.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »

You're right, I probably should have worded that differently.

No doubt, she's held in high regard by Axl, and I admire her for that, but I have no need to interview her because of that. I think it's just weird.

Bands take a team. I think most people would want to know about all the different cogs in the wheel to make the show running, and that includes the people close to the artists. As someone as intriguing and eccentric as Axl is, there's people around him who have to figure out what he wants, when he wants it, and is it even possible? Like what Kevin Smith said, Prince wanted an elephant in Paisley Park at 3AM. Axl's had animals in his backyard, Beta's prob. the one that has to figure out how to bring a freaking ferris wheel in, and plan his parties out.

"Get Him To The Greek", easily could've been based on Axl. Didn't Jonah Hill's dad used to work for GNR? Enough said! I think Russell played Liam Gallagher meets Axl, and a little bit of his own real life. Are rock stars that loopy the way Russell Brand was in that movie?

westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 02:00:52 AM »

But my thing, is I that have absolutely no interest in interviewing someone who is somewhat of a 'mother' figure to Axl.

I'd much rather hear interviews with the actual musicians in GN'R who, ya know, make and play the actual music in the band... which is the real reason I imagine you're here too, not because of a mother/manager type to Axl, behind the scenes  ok

I don't know what she is to Axl, other than manager. Maybe a interview would help clear up that one?

Why don't we do like Winnie the Pooh? Ask for both? We have the capacity for interviews from behind the scenes people and the stars at the same time.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »

We all agree she's not the star (i really hope we ALL agree on this) but at the same time I do think she can tell us some very interesting things.

I think an interview to Beta could be very interesting (but not as interesting as an interview to Robin, Paul Tobias or Brain about the good ol 1997-2002 days and the making of CD)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
cineater
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 12:25:33 AM »

Can I just apologize?  I had no clue another board was going to pick up on this topic and start several rounds of Beta and her family bashing.  My fault, sorry.

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 04:56:26 AM »

Thats why these days I stick too this board Cin! Sorry Beta. As you can see we would never pull the shit some of those so called fans do! Some of us are truly greatful for what you and your family do. As we all know it's the people behind the scenes that do a lot of the important work that keeps everything together.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: