Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: 'We're Starting Work On The Next Record'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: 'We're Starting Work On The Next Record'  (Read 27927 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 12:27:50 PM »

I'll be honest with you guys, I haven't purchased any of the Slash solo albums, but have heard them via a friend who loves Slash. The first album was ok, some standout tunes on that one like By The Sword and Starlight. But regarding his latest effort... I couldn't wait for it to end when my friend braught it around my house.

Every song is generic, boring and standard rock n' roll... and it just goes on and on and on.  Undecided

I haven't got a clue why he is now doing a 3rd album, and especially with Myles... Seriously the latest album is probably Slash's worst album since Slash's Snakepit. Not a fan at all...

And BTW, I never wanted to hate it at all.  Tongue

Yeah, sure. You didn't want to hate it at all. So the only other explanation is that you're fucking deaf.

What the hell's up with you, calm down... Roll Eyes

Just because I (and alot of other posters BTW) don't think Slash's latest effort is as good as his first. Which I actually liked and thought there was some cool songs on there, your calling me "fucking deaf".

You either seriously need to get a life, or channel your energy in other positive directions.  Shocked

//I think some people need to learn some manners and don't start calling people childish names, just because they don't share your opinion//
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:29:46 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 12:49:04 PM »

You're just trolling as usual. I don't think every song is good and the previous albums certainly was better, but there is a lot of solid work on this album. There are a lot of good riffs, good lyrics and good hooks. So if you think 'every song is just boring, standard rock n' roll', maybe you are looking for the Linkin' Park or Katy Perry forum, perhaps?

Not every song on an album has to be a #1 hit, for it to be good.

Fuck 'Em All.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »

Genesis, don't flatten yourself... Tongue

I have better things to do than to "troll" a Slash thread, I mean seriously get a life. I liked Slash's last album and thought songs like By The Sword, Starlight and Ghost were cool. I just thought that the latest album is not as exciting, and yes "shockhorror" is abit boring and generic in my view.  Shocked (calm down Genesis, calm the fuck down....)  hihi

If you can't deal with me and basically every other poster in this thread, saying this about your hero, then tough luck.

Now, let's get back to you calling people trolls when it's obvious your the keyboard warrior.  rofl
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:12:12 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »

You're just trolling as usual. I don't think every song is good and the previous albums certainly was better, but there is a lot of solid work on this album. There are a lot of good riffs, good lyrics and good hooks. So if you think 'every song is just boring, standard rock n' roll', maybe you are looking for the Linkin' Park or Katy Perry forum, perhaps?

So, if someone didn't like the album at all, they must either be deaf, or looking for a Linkin Park or a Katy Perry forum?  Those are the only choices?

That's an interesting perspective, to say the least  rofl

Ali
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

I have better things to do than to "troll" a Slash thread, I mean seriously get a life. I liked Slash's last album and thought songs like By The Sword, Starlight and Ghost were cool. I just thought that the latest album is not as exciting, and yes "shockhorror" is abit boring and generic in my view.  Shocked (calm down Genesis, calm the fuck down....)  hihi

If you can't deal with me and basically every other poster in this thread, saying this about your hero, then tough luck.

Now, let's get back to you calling people trolls when it's obvious your the keyboard warrior.  rofl

Ha, everyone else's opinion is believable except you. Troll.

So, if someone didn't like the album at all, they must either be deaf, or looking for a Linkin Park or a Katy Perry forum?  Those are the only choices?

Ali

Not 'someone', specifically only the person the post was addressed to.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 01:07:40 AM »

Ha, everyone else's opinion is believable except you. Troll.

Ali

Not 'someone', specifically only the person the post was addressed to.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make your post any less absurd.  There are other choices for EVERYONE besides the ones you listed.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 02:58:33 PM »

6 hours ago

Slash said the collaboration is likely to continue with another record once the current world tour is over.

?We are working on material, gathering ideas for another (record) at this point. We are sort of like in those early stages where I?m just recording different guitar ideas and I turn Myles on to it,? he said. ?He?s thinking about his stuff and what he?s going to do with it and so on.?

Rapid City Journal

"It's definitely the most fun I've had writing and recording a record since probably the Appetite for Destruction days," Slash says. "It was one of those situations where you just go in and have a really good time and feel like you're in your element, without a whole lot of outside distractions. I don't have any record company people or other weird pressures on me."

au.news.yahoo.com

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »

I saw VR 4 times live and Slash with this band twice, a third time coming in Sept, and I must say that any Slash concert kicks ass and is an event of major proportions in my life (lol). That said, the Slash solo album was really good (great), but the latest did not do much for me. I loved Contraband and Libertad was not bad either. If I had to choose, I would prefer to see VR back together than the incarnation of the band with Myles fronting. His range is admirable, but he lacks stage charisma. He is fine, but not close to great.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 12:42:06 PM »

6 hours ago

Slash said the collaboration is likely to continue with another record once the current world tour is over.

?We are working on material, gathering ideas for another (record) at this point. We are sort of like in those early stages where I?m just recording different guitar ideas and I turn Myles on to it,? he said. ?He?s thinking about his stuff and what he?s going to do with it and so on.?

Rapid City Journal

SLASH 'Gathering Ideas' For Next Album - Aug. 11, 2012

Andrew Cutler of the Rapid City Journal spoke to legendary guitarist Slash ahead of the VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES axeman's appearance at the Sturgis motorcycle rally.

"I just think Sturgis is a great event," Slash said. "I remember being excited to do it with VELVET REVOLVER [in 2007], and finally getting there. It was my first time there. Now I'm really looking forward to it, because VELVET REVOLVER with [lead singer] Scott [Weiland] was always like a hit-or-miss proposition. Whereas with this one coming up, I know it definitely is going to be a monster gig. It's going to be great to be in that environment."

Slash's second album, "Apocalyptic Love", came out in May and the ex-GUNS axeman has been on the road consistently with his band, MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS.

The group will head to Australia and New Zealand this month, but will return for a fall headlining North American tour that will begin on September 4 in San Diego and wind down on October 3 in Los Angeles.

"[The album has] been really well received and I was really pleased with the record in the first place; it's great," Slash said. "You never know what exactly is going to happen and I never have any what you'd call expectations, but once it's out there and people sort of dig it for the right reasons, it's always a good feeling."

Slash recently revealed that he and singer Myles Kennedy have already begun working on music for the guitarist's next album, to be recorded sometime next year.

"We are working on material, gathering ideas for another [record] at this point," Slash told Rapid City Journal. "We are sort of like in those early stages where I'm just recording different guitar ideas and I turn Myles on to it. He's thinking about his stuff and what he's going to do with it and so on."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=178013

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
overmatik
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »

Slash has moved on from VR, unfortunately. He is having a blast with this band, and he has enough money to do what he wants. Good for him!  beer

BTW, this last album is really weak. I thought Libertad was so so, but in comparison to both his solo albums it rocks.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »

Slash has moved on from VR, unfortunately. He is having a blast with this band, and he has enough money to do what he wants. Good for him!  beer

BTW, this last album is really weak. I thought Libertad was so so, but in comparison to both his solo albums it rocks.

Are you serious??!!
Apocalyptic Love is filled with killer Slash riffing and great soloing. Libertad sounds like a pop album next to it.

Based on the quality of tracks like Halo, Standing In The Sun and career-redefining awesomeness of Anastasia, I'm really looking forward to more Slash & Myles tunes than a VR reunion.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 04:57:59 PM »

Apocalyptic Love is very weak compared to the Slash album.. that one contains killer riffing and great soloing Cool

I love Slash's playing but I hope the next one will be better.. to me it sounds like he's not pushed to his boundaries on AL, not playing wise but writing wise. To many cool guitar parts that are followed by weak fill parts.

Also I don't like the mixing on AL, go back to the solos-in-the-centre and forgot about playing them live all in the right channel, it's too sloppy.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »

I was never really sold on Myles and I don't think I ever will be. I just don't like his voice. Sucks because I love Slash's guitar style. Myles just ruins it for me.

Obviously Slash is done with VR, he likes this current gig with the solo stuff and he seems like that is where he wants to be. Its been said before, but it would be cool if the rest of VR moved on without him. A tall order due to Weiland's baggage but I can always dream......
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:39:39 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »

I was never really sold on Myles and I don't think I ever will be. I just don't like his voice. Sucks because I love Slash's guitar style. Myles just ruins it for me.

Obviously Slash is done with VR, he likes this current gig with the solo stuff and he seems like that is where he wants to be. Its been said before, but it would be cool if the rest of VR moved on without him. A tall order due to Weiland's baggage but I can always dream......

Yup!

Could care less about VR but I wanna see Duff write some music with a talented frontman. Say Corey Taylor or someone.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »

The more I listen to the new album the more I like it. It is a very solid album, and some songs are addictive. I especially like Not for me, No more heroes, Far and away, Anastasia, and Halo. Those are the songs they play live and now I find them the best. You're a lie is an obvious single but the other songs I mention are even better. Funny, when Contraband came out I did not like it at all the first few listens, and then I saw VR live and loved the album. The same thing with Apocalyptic love. Just saying.

If Slash can keep up the strong writing, I look forward to a 3rd album soon.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:20 PM »

Some of u are nuts

AL is AMAZING.

Some of the best guitar playing of his career and the songs kick ass.

I think some forget what "Rock" really is.

Please stop with the Corey Taylor shit.. that guy sucks.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
adamwolff11
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 11:43:21 PM »

Some of u are nuts

AL is AMAZING.

Definitely disagree about Corey Taylor, but I think you're spot on regarding AL. I can see how some might not love Myles, but I still think the album is really good as a whole, with some awesome guitar moments for Slash. I'm excited for more music from this current lineup. Also a hell of a lot of fun to see live!

m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:43 AM »

Some of u are nuts

AL is AMAZING.

yeah, slash forgot what it is... it's just pandering to 80s conventions with songs about LA, chicks and drugs. that was rebellion in the 80s, but its mainstream and cliche now. and slash hasn't been a rebel for so long that its all just a bit hollow.

he's still got an unbeatable ear for solos but there's no real "rock" energy to the album, it just feels a bit like it's going through the motions. there's a couple of good moments i guess.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »

Some of u are nuts

AL is AMAZING.

Opinions, old Donald. Music is subjective. You should know since so many disagrees with you.

I could not listen all through AL. MKs voice ruins it. Put it on now while writing this, turned it off as soon as he started singing. 

Could not care less if it's Slash's most skilled record guitar wise or whatever. Myles voice make my ears bleed so I can't appreciate anything with it. I bet I would've liked it with some vocalist I like.

I didn't bring up Corey taylor for Slash nor VR. I mentioned him because it's obvious that Slash is all dedicated to this thing for the long run. I'm fine with that.

It is my wish that Duff gets to work with some great vocalist. I've always liked Duffs song writing but not so keen on his voice. I want him to get recognition away from Slash and Axl. It is a fact that Duff really liked Corey when he was writing with VR and those feelings were mutual. One of them even said they wanted to do something together in the future, I think it was Duff. I've seen Corey live in concert 4 times. 3 with slipknot and once with Stone Sour. He's one of the best frontman today. Energetic and his voice is pretty much always spot on. However I'm not a big fan of his latest releases with Slipknot or Stone Sour and that's why I'd like to see him with Duff.

I am actually a bit surprised that you hate on Corey that much, figured Stone Sour's melodies would fit your taste. Maybe you don't like his voice the same way I don't like MK's. Listening to Stone Sour's new record now, full of hooks but not really my thing. Too "anthemic" I guess. Too "radio friendly" maybe. There's also some ballads and I'm not a ballad kinda guy.

I'm ignoring the silly "some forget what rock really is" part of your post.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »

I think they just write and record ideas all the time and them they will make time to sort it and choose what they feel is right and then
see how it evolves Smiley    I really love the last CD and love myles voice.. if u dont like it dont listen to it.. simple Smiley
Some of us actually like it Smiley peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: