Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Gunners Tv
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunners Tv  (Read 5618 times)
team-axl
Headliner

« on: June 12, 2012, 04:04:25 PM »

In february a popular tv service in portugal created an app that let people create theyr own free channels with unlimited space, i was crazy with the possibilites and so i went to gunsnrosesportugal.com and asked people for help.

We started the channel and we had 4 days of un-repeated 24h guns n roses content, then we would repeat the content for the rest of the week, i even got the support from Bumblefoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUEozV3YkA

But 3 weeks ago i got a call from the tv service saying that i was violating rights of the band by broadcasting concert footage and songs. And they told me to shut down the channel imediatly.

well maybe i could've tried and get the bands permission or something but they would just make another excuse to shut us down ...why ? because they got free publicity with the hundreds or thousands of channels created in the last few months and now they problably want all channels shut down or maybe they just wanted to lower the number of existing channels .

i dont know and i dont care, i shut down the channel that same day.

but now after many facebook messages and shit, im going to try and put the channel online, via worldTv.com .

http://worldtv.com/gunnerstv

It looked cooler on tv Sad but at least online everyone (not only people in portugal) can see it, and that's a plus!

so what im here for is asking for help.

when i presented the idea to gunsnrosesportugal.com everyone seemed excited but only a couple of users actually helped me, i had to do all the work , and if i alone got the tv channel up and running now imagine what 10 people would do ??

so im here to ask for help to anyone who has free time and likes the idea.

on tv we were working on voiced adds like "up next guns n roses paris 92"

and we had half an hours spots for all past and current gnr members solo carreers like slash, bumblefoot, sixx am, tommy, buckethead,adler's apetite.

we also broadcasted a few songs from bands that inspired guns n roses, from elton john to hanoi rocks.

we were aiming to broadcast a new concert everyday.

Maybe this idea is harder or impossible to make on a online streaming website at least for free. i dont know...but i would appreciate having some help.

gunners tv facebook   http://www.facebook.com/GunnersTV
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:49:29 AM »

Let me get this right. You put it up on local tv and GNR asked it too be shut down. for violations. Now you want too put it up on the net? What part of " violate don't you get?
sorry but it seems too me that they made their point.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:37:58 AM »

Let me get this right. You put it up on local tv and GNR asked it too be shut down. for violations. Now you want too put it up on the net? What part of " violate don't you get?
sorry but it seems too me that they made their point.

no man, gnr didnt asked me shit !! i put it up on NATIONAL tv and after a few months the Tv service that let me (and hundreds of other people) create our own channels called me and told me to shut down the channel .

when i talked to bumblefoot he authorized me to put is music there and he also told me i should put the other's members own music.

if anyone of gnr camp and told me i was violating something i wouldnt try this again but it was the tv service who contacted me, and i think this was they're plan all along, they already shut down most of the channels because 90% was "violating" shit.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 08:45:14 AM »

cool idea!

i could help making song lists

im not good at computer technical stuff .

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »

cool idea!

i could help making song lists

im not good at computer technical stuff .

cool Smiley neither am i brother neither am i...

my aim is to give people stuff that they might have not listened too, u know the casual gnr fan may have not listened to stuff like axl rose and the boss come together and stuff like that.

also tell people some curiosities like axl rose being dj tommy smith in san andreas... on tv we used to do that by showing text between songs.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »

I remember Playing GTA 3 and pulling the car over just to listen to Axl DJing. That was so fucking cool. I still feel like I never heard all of it. Not even sure how many minutes/hours(?!) Axl actually recorded. So much content! I wish there was a way to get an mpeg of Axl in San Andreas. Cool shit.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »

I remember Playing GTA 3 and pulling the car over just to listen to Axl DJing. That was so fucking cool. I still feel like I never heard all of it. Not even sure how many minutes/hours(?!) Axl actually recorded. So much content! I wish there was a way to get an mpeg of Axl in San Andreas. Cool shit.

here are some of is parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeqjNdzHFwo

but back in topic folks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »

Wasn't GTA 3 though + It's probably a lot less than you think as well.

However, those files has been uploaded and could still be somewhere in the appetite for collection section  ok
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »

Wasn't GTA 3 though + It's probably a lot less than you think as well.

However, those files has been uploaded and could still be somewhere in the appetite for collection section  ok

probably 20 min of voice acting or something
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »

Ive been contacted by the tv service that was broadcasting gunners tv and they told me in order to get the tv back on i have to send them a letter with the autorization of the band to broadcast they're music and videos.

We at gnrportugal are trying to get Gunners tv both on tv and online streaming.

If anyone can help me , i would like to know who the hell i need to contact to try and get autorization.

And like i said before , we need people to help us working on the channel, we all have our lifes and jobs , i dont get a single dollar for this, Hell im paying to have this tv service that lets me create the channel.
Im doing it for all the fans, please if anyone can help, making songs lists, uploading videos, doing any kind of stuff, little to no computer skills are needed , just the will to participate in something like this.

Thank you.

rebelhipi are you still interested in helping ?
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »

when i presented the idea to gunsnrosesportugal.com everyone seemed excited but only a couple of users actually helped me, i had to do all the work , and if i alone got the tv channel up and running now imagine what 10 people would do ??

Same old story ... it happens all the time, everywhere  hihi

Anyway ... you used the video I made for that channel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=630SohEDgCE

smoking

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »

Ive been contacted by the tv service that was broadcasting gunners tv and they told me in order to get the tv back on i have to send them a letter with the autorization of the band to broadcast they're music and videos.

We at gnrportugal are trying to get Gunners tv both on tv and online streaming.

If anyone can help me , i would like to know who the hell i need to contact to try and get autorization.

And like i said before , we need people to help us working on the channel, we all have our lifes and jobs , i dont get a single dollar for this, Hell im paying to have this tv service that lets me create the channel.
Im doing it for all the fans, please if anyone can help, making songs lists, uploading videos, doing any kind of stuff, little to no computer skills are needed , just the will to participate in something like this.

Thank you.

rebelhipi are you still interested in helping ?

some tweets to fernando, jarmo and bumble ect could work. (i could help with that too but i think that your knowledge for gunners tv is far better than mine)
and yes if you want my advise what songs you sh?uld use from like love spit love, tommy stuff, ect im right here!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:50 AM »

Btw ...

A few months ago I started an online radio channel dedicated to GN'R.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=62703.0

I didn't wanted to be a project of my own, I wanted it to be something that would involve all the fans. I interceded with several online communities in order to obtain the cooperation of users and webmasters, it would be a joint project to all of us ... it would be the demonstration that we could do something together.

It was something much more simple and practical than a TV channel. All the necessary infrastructure was available and operational, and even then no one gave a fuck about it.

So, good luck in your search for help for this TV channel. Personally I think is quite useful but I do not have time available to get involved in a responsible way. I'm involved in too many projects and i can barely take care of them all.

and yes if you want my advise what songs you sh?uld use from like love spit love, tommy stuff, ect im right here!

Sorry to say this but, i think he needs real help, not just some advises.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:35:00 AM by GUNNER » Logged

team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »

Same old story ... it happens all the time, everywhere  hihi

Anyway ... you used the video I made for that channel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=630SohEDgCE

smoking

you mean the whore house video ? were trying to do something respectable here man, that's 5minutes of prostitution.

:p

team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »

thanks rebelhipi, like gunner said i really need "help" not just advices BUT i gladly accept them , cuz in top of all the work i dont want to have to think wich tommy or whatever songs are the best to broadcast.

if anyone else wants to help.......

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 05:27:43 AM »

Let me explain since i know exactly what he's talking about..

In Portugal we have something called MEO, which is a cable brand like COMCAST or Directv in America or Sky in England.

Meo has a service that allows users to create their own channel with their own desired content.

After creating the channel, you get a number... which is the code where the channel is located. For instance 48776... you type in that code on the tv software that MEO provides and it goes to that channel. If you give it to people, they can also watch it, as long as the cable company they have at home is MEO.

What happened was that my friend over here... he created a channel with youtube videos of GNR, old and new band.

Even though Bumblefoot didn't mind the content... MEO still has agreements of not publishing content that is copyrighted.

Now, as we know must of the content that has the new band on youtube, was probably shown in other cable tv companies around the world, or other channels of other countries...

For example they had on their channel "welcome to the jungle", that was played on BBC 2 if i can remember correctly, which means BBC 2 owns the video content.

What might have happened was that MEO didn't wanna risk getting a lawsuit from other tv cable companies or maybe someone from another cable company detected it and ordered MEO to take out the content or else....

The channels you create on MEO are supposed to be your own channels with your OWN content.

I hope that explains it better  ok
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:30:13 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: