Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot Responds To Recent Media Reports
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot Responds To Recent Media Reports  (Read 20452 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 08:06:22 AM »

if the last Guns concert @ the SECC is anything to go by, they will die  Lips Sealed

10,000 Scottish GnR fans, going apeshit, full of (expensive) beer and after waiting hours, the place will erupt on the first note.

Little girls have no place at a rock show, especially those who don't even know who the band is. Put them in the seats if you must, on the floor, it will go mental

They don't have them in the crowd. It's kind of

Stage

'Models'

Barrier

Crowd

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »

if the last Guns concert @ the SECC is anything to go by, they will die  Lips Sealed

10,000 Scottish GnR fans, going apeshit, full of (expensive) beer and after waiting hours, the place will erupt on the first note.

Little girls have no place at a rock show, especially those who don't even know who the band is. Put them in the seats if you must, on the floor, it will go mental

Stage

'Models'

Barrier

Crowd
If you had seen the behaviour of some of the lunatics at the last GNR Glasgow show you would know what he means.

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »

They get free front row tickets to a Guns n Roses show, get to party with the band backstage, and are getting paid on top of it-I would imagine they are on an hourly wage for a concert that could end at 2 a.m.? My guess is that they are getting a limo ride in also-the life of a fashion model-what a gig!

libertad
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »

They get free front row tickets to a Guns n Roses show, get to party with the band backstage, and are getting paid on top of it-I would imagine they are on an hourly wage for a concert that could end at 2 a.m.? My guess is that they are getting a limo ride in also-the life of a fashion model-what a gig!
The models are NOT getting paid to be at the show. One of the ones at the last gig confirmed as such on BBF's FB page in a discussion on his post.

Ali
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »

Stage

'Models'

Barrier

Crowd
If you had seen the behaviour of some of the lunatics at the last GNR Glasgow show you would know what he means.

thats what I thought - anyone down the front most likely wont be looking quite as they did on the way in! esp at a glasgow show! (ps I am scottish and grew up going to gigs in Glasgow - the audiences there ROCK HARD)  there will be  beer everywhere...
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »

Out of all the shows, Glasgow I know is going to be insane crowd wise. I just hope there not dicks fighting throwing stuff on stage ect. Has the potential to one of the best crowds of the whole tour.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »

Had a good think about this, and sadly, I'm out for this one. I've supported this band for a very long time, seen them loads of times, but when the band starts shoving paying fans behind a load of girls that aren't fussed about being there, or even like the band, it makes me feel second-class as a fan, and also I consider it quite insulting, especially to those who have paid even more out to purchase the 'VIP' tickets.

As well as this, it makes me feel differently about a band I love on a personal level. Aside from Ron, not one member of the band has spoken out about this, or even mentioned it. It's coming across either as a band who don't care about paying fans or a bunch of men who want to perve on girls who are less than half their age, night after night.  Either way, I find it distasteful.

Whilst it may well not be the bands idea- they're certainly not saying no to it, and if this is something they'd like to do (hand out free VIP tickets to kids who don't care for the band, for reasons nobody seems to know) then that's fine, but they can do it with one less genuine fan in the crowd when they play the Manchester Arena.

I know I'll probably get slagged off for this, but there we go.  It's how I feel.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2012, 11:09:21 AM »

The models are NOT getting paid to be at the show. One of the ones at the last gig confirmed as such on BBF's FB page in a discussion on his post.

Ali

Still a pretty good deal!

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »

Had a good think about this, and sadly, I'm out for this one. I've supported this band for a very long time, seen them loads of times, but when the band starts shoving paying fans behind a load of girls that aren't fussed about being there, or even like the band, it makes me feel second-class as a fan, and also I consider it quite insulting, especially to those who have paid even more out to purchase the 'VIP' tickets.

As well as this, it makes me feel differently about a band I love on a personal level. Aside from Ron, not one member of the band has spoken out about this, or even mentioned it. It's coming across either as a band who don't care about paying fans or a bunch of men who want to perve on girls who are less than half their age, night after night.  Either way, I find it distasteful.

Whilst it may well not be the bands idea- they're certainly not saying no to it, and if this is something they'd like to do (hand out free VIP tickets to kids who don't care for the band, for reasons nobody seems to know) then that's fine, but they can do it with one less genuine fan in the crowd when they play the Manchester Arena.

I know I'll probably get slagged off for this, but there we go.  It's how I feel.

I can't fault anyone for at least feeling slightly annoyed by it-I think that's why Bumblefoot felt the need to reply-I was going to go to Detroit for the Filmore show, but $100 was just too much for me at the time-to read about some model getting front row access who has not even listened to any of the songs the band has put out is silly-I can go back and forth about who is making the call here, who invited them-it's Axl's band, and he can have whomever he wants in the front row I suppose

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »

So a GNR member releases a statement saying he wasn't trying to party with models? My how times have changed  Undecided

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »

So a GNR member releases a statement saying he wasn't trying to party with models? My how times have changed  Undecided

I bet you are the same type of guy today as 20 years ago when you were 12. You haven't changed a bit have you?  Smiley
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2012, 11:43:40 AM »

I bet you are the same type of guy today as 20 years ago when you were 12. You haven't changed a bit have you?  Smiley

Come on, I wasn't being that serious. I can see where Bumble is coming from. And yes, I still act pretty similar to how I did at 12  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »

Hahaha are you serious?  Doesn't GNR have songs called Anything Goes, You Ain't the First and have a song where Axl has sex with a bandmember's girlfriend?!?  And THIS is what made you find them distasteful?!?!

I am at a loss for words....
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »

Your not going to the show because of 20 models are in a place you were never going to be in the first place? Wow. it sucks to the guys (including me) that bought the VIP package, but it don't me that much not to attend haha.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »

Whilst I can understand some perhaps finding it distasteful, I've never been bothered by someone else getting something if it has no effect on what I'm getting.  As far as I can see, this happening has no effect on anyone buying a ticket, their experience of the show etc.  it's not like they are turfing you out of your seat/spot to give it to someone else  Undecided

I mean, if you start getting offended by anyone getting a freebie or a perk in life - you'll go crazy.  I'm a big F1 fan, and I wouldn't ever get pissed because someone "less knowledgable" than me got to go on the grid before a race - I was never going to get there anyway - so who cares?

BBF has had his say on the matter, and fair enough, it certainly seems to me this was not a request by the band directly anyway - so even some of the distaste can be shelved, and mock outrage can stop being directed in the wrong areas.

If I'm perfectly honest, if I was on that stage I'd rather look down at some models than the average sweaty throng of 30 something's making "rock" faces anyway - but then I'd put many expensive/ridiculous things on the rider too, just because I could  Tongue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »

"Doesn't GNR have songs called Anything Goes, You Ain't the First and have a song where Axl has sex with a bandmember's girlfriend?!?  And THIS is what made you find them distasteful?!?!"

The song i assume you're referring to is Rocket Queen- it was HIS girlfriend. Anyway, besides the point.

I've summed up my views- they are what they are, and I've since noticed a few people on the mygnr forum saying similar things and doing the same, so I'm not the only one.

I've had friends of mind saying stuff along the line of "have you seen what those old perverts are up to" and I find it very hard to come up with a valid response really.

I'm not really comfortable with the whole thing. It would spoil my enjoyment, I find it creepy, I'm choosing to stay at home. I'm sure plenty of people will go and have a great time, but it's not for me.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »

Lemme guess;

- bitter and coy religious folks causing drama because of some young women attending and having fun? Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »

I really don't get the outrage here.  There were what 8-10 thousand people there and 20 people got a slightly better view then the rest.  Who the freak cares?  I personally go to listen to the music and have never been front row.  Every show was awesome.  Chill out already - Axl doesn't 'care' about any of us - he doesn't even know us.  And he doesn't owe you anything for being a fan except to put on a good show.   I'm still going to see them every chance I get.

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 10:07:33 PM »

I really don't get the outrage here.  There were what 8-10 thousand people there and 20 people got a slightly better view then the rest.  Who the freak cares?  I personally go to listen to the music and have never been front row.  Every show was awesome.  Chill out already - Axl doesn't 'care' about any of us - he doesn't even know us.  And he doesn't owe you anything for being a fan except to put on a good show.   I'm still going to see them every chance I get.

I'm not outraged, I didn't know about it until Bumblefoot brought it up-trust me, at this point in my life, I know I'm not one of the "beautiful" people who will get let into clubs ahead of anyone else, or get front row seats at concerts-they seem like good kids, and I hope the one girl is able to listen to her first Guns n Roses CD this week. Welcome to the Jungle.

libertad
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »

I'm not 'outraged'- just find it a bit of a kick in the teeth. If they value a bunch of kids bribed into being there who've never heard them more than people who will spend a lot of money they don't really have on attending, and treat them better than they treat any of their fans  then that's totally fine, but personally, I'm not spending my money encouraging it.

Each to their own and all that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: