Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:26:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot Responds To Recent Media Reports
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot Responds To Recent Media Reports  (Read 20448 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 21, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »

From Ron:

Bumblefoot: Gisselle, Mrs Bumblefoot never gets angry, we've been together longer than you've been alive and our connection is deeper than you can truly know. *I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it - by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families & the fans, because they're respected & I don't want them feeling like they're not.

2 hours ago

http://www.facebook.com/bumblefoot/posts/177672372359905

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

Touche

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 04:24:23 PM »

Bumblefoot owned estranged last night and is an amazing guitarist, from the look of this statement he also seems to be a great down to earth bloke. God bless you bumblefoot, and your beard rocks!
variant
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »

If 'the band' did not request it, does this mean it was organised by the promoter? Or just one member of the band/entourage?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:57:45 PM »

I think it's a request from Axl-Bumblefoot also said he does not decide when a show goes on-when we are waiting, he says he is also.

libertad
variant
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »

Thats what I thought....

nervous
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »

I don't know if the wives fo on tour with them, but Dizzy, Bumble (not sure who else) are married-I'm sure they did not want family at home reading about Guns n Roses loading the front row with models-I wish I was Axl for one day-what a life.

libertad
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 05:12:37 PM »

I think it's a request from Axl-Bumblefoot also said he does not decide when a show goes on-when we are waiting, he says he is also.
What part of the "band did not request it" is unclear enough for you to draw that conclusion?

Ali
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »

Does anyone really care?  Axl is a rock star who likes living the high life and whether he set it up personally or some one did it for him doesn't matter.  I personally have no problem with this.  I think its hilarious in fact.  It would be priceless to all of the fans' faces after they waited outside for hours to get in the front row only to see it roped off for a bunch of models in high heels hahaha.    
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »

What part of the "band did not request it" is unclear enough for you to draw that conclusion?

Ali

Bumblefoot putting the word "band" in quotes-and Bumblefoot talking about show start times-who exactly do you think he is talking about?

libertad
Ali
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »

Ali

Bumblefoot putting the word "band" in quotes-and Bumblefoot talking about show start times-who exactly do you think he is talking about?

You are conflating two different, separate statements to try and make a point.  In statement #1, he mentioned the start times.  In statement #2, he said the following:  "But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have".  By other people, he means people not in the band.  Lead singers are in the band.  I don't see where the confusion is.

Ali
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 05:52:05 PM »

In what way is bringing in a load of kids who have to be paid to attend a concert, have no idea who the band are, and see them as older than their parents a good idea, in any shape or form?! They're not 'super models' they're fairly unattractive teenagers who don't want to be there.

This single thing has annoyed me more than any amount of late shows/walk offs ever will. It's utterly pathetic and bizaare.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »

Ali

You are conflating two different, separate statements to try and make a point.  In statement #1, he mentioned the start times.  In statement #2, he said the following:  "But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have".  By other people, he means people not in the band.  Lead singers are in the band.  I don't see where the confusion is.

Ali

Let me get this straight-you think the promoter was sitting at his desk one day and thought "Let me hold back 20 front row tickets that would sell for a lot of money-and I'll call a modeling agency and spend thousands more on that, just as a gift for the band!"

libertad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »

Some wise down to earth words from Ron, and as a fan, it sounds so good coming from a bandmember. I've seen the models at the front at recent shows, but I don't once doubt that the band don't appreciate the true fans just as much, if not obviously more.  Cool

Thanks Ron for those words, really appreciate it.  Wink
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 06:01:22 PM »

Ali

Ali

And Bumble made the statements pertaining to the same topic-he brought up show times as an example

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »

Some wise down to earth words from Ron, and as a fan, it sounds so good coming from a bandmember. I've seen the models at the front at recent shows, but I don't once doubt that the band don't appreciate the true fans just as much, if not obviously more.  Cool

Thanks Ron for those words, really appreciate it.  Wink

If Axl requested it, I see nothing wrong with it-Bumble I think is pissed about the term "band" and "Guns n Roses requested them", meaning everyone in the band

libertad
Ali
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 06:05:35 PM »

Ali

Ali

Let me get this straight-you think the promoter was sitting at his desk one day and thought "Let me hold back 20 front row tickets that would sell for a lot of money-and I'll call a modeling agency and spend thousands more on that, just as a gift for the band!"

What I know is that a member of the band said the following:  "But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have."  Emphasis on the term "the band".

Again, I fail to see to what is unclear about this.  Could it be a promoter?  Possibly.  I'm not saying that definitively.  All I'm saying is you have a member of the band saying very clearly the band did not request this.

Ali
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »

Even if they haven't requested it though- why don't they stop it? It wouldn't be hard to say "can you not do that again please"......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »

Even if they haven't requested it though- why don't they stop it? It wouldn't be hard to say "can you not do that again please"......

One In a Million said they have been at recent shows-I would not stop it love   

libertad
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »

Bumbles is standing up....good on him ok ok

tell ya what tho...sounds like he doesnt like waiting just as much as the fans... Lips Sealed

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: